Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Guys, your opinions please..

Old 08-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your telling me..i am way too young to feel so old. Like the wife that stays at home and manages the household. I like being tied down expecially to him, but i want to do things together like couples do i mean we are way too young to be this old boring married couple thats fights all the time...
Old 08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Thriller

Originally Posted by hondagirl
your telling me..i am way too young to feel so old. Like the wife that stays at home and manages the household. I like being tied down expecially to him, but i want to do things together like couples do i mean we are way too young to be this old boring married couple thats fights all the time...

Read your own words...if I was that kid and you are acting as you said above I'd been scared shitless...you are the wife he's not ready to have.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
TSX

Originally Posted by moodytsx
Wait a sec...I just realized we're talking about teenagers (technically). Good god...u don't have any idea how many b/f and g/f the two of you will go thru. Stop complaining...enjoy life with or without him. Geez ... I thought back to my life at 19 and damn if I would ever fall back into the teenager issues. I'm out!

oh...the memories...
Old 08-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Instructor

At 19 if you can't find a guy to appreciate you then there are plenty more out there that will.

At least you're not old and wrinkly like some of us.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Intermediate

MoodyTSX- HE is the one that says he wants to be married to me. And he is the one that explains how he can't wait to live with me and make me his wife. He actually is the complete opposite of your post. He probably views us more seriously than I do, not that I don't feel that we are serious, but I'd like to do fun things together instead of always staying at home watching the same re-ran shows over and over again. I go out with my girl friends and I have fun, but every now and then i would like to go out with my boyfriend. When we first started dating he had jealousy issues with going out with me, but then it kinda subsided, and now we just dont go anywhere together. If i go to the beach, go to the movies, out to eat, to a sports event, to a work event, anything...its by myself or with my friends. He knows that i dont want to spend every waking moment with him, but he doesnt understand why i want to go out with him????
Old 08-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Thriller

MoodyTSX- HE is the one that says he wants to be married to me. And he is the one that explains how he can't wait to live with me and make me his wife. He actually is the complete opposite of your post. He probably views us more seriously than I do, not that I don't feel that we are serious, but I'd like to do fun things together instead of always staying at home watching the same re-ran shows over and over again. I go out with my girl friends and I have fun, but every now and then i would like to go out with my boyfriend. When we first started dating he had jealousy issues with going out with me, but then it kinda subsided, and now we just dont go anywhere together. If i go to the beach, go to the movies, out to eat, to a sports event, to a work event, anything...its by myself or with my friends. He knows that i dont want to spend every waking moment with him, but he doesnt understand why i want to go out with him????
It don't make sense what you are explaining hondagirl. He's the marrying type but then you don't do much together. Don't rationalize what's happening. He is not the guy you think he his and vice versa about you. You guys have a mis-connect and you really shouldn't make this a big deal cus one of you will walk out on the other. From what you given so far...its better off that you do...cus this guy sounds pretty lame.

If I got tired of my girl I'd say this isn't working out...bye. I wouldn't be talking marriage to her .... girls are for real when it comes to that...guys rattle it off their tongues like bubble gum. You'll be tormented by his shit cus you think of him as your future husband cus he said the magical words to you. Think about it....50 years of this same dude...you're kidding right? Anyways...I am not Dr. Phil but u are in relationship dead-water...start swimming...ur boat is going nowhere.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
In the bizarro world...

Wink

From your initial post only, I would have to say that he likes you and cares for you, but he lost "something" for you. He feels to bad breaking up with you, and that is why he doesn't.

As you went on an added stuff, I'm beginning to think maybe he is just boring. He bores me just listening about him. He could be one of those guys that tries real hard in the beginning, and once he has you, he doesn't do more to keep the relationship exciting.

What I don't get is, do you like to play cards? Does he ever ask you to go? (I'm only asking b/c this happens to be a big similar interest between my man and I.)

Anyway, there are a billion of fish in the sea, trust me, there are better men out there.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Intermediate

I know it doesn't make sense- that is why I figured I would ask guys opinions.
We have alot in common (both like the same type of cars, sports, foods, music) and when we first met we did some really fun things together like baseball games, trips for the weekend, concerts and such. We could do anything together and have a great time-and the both of us were very happy. He had some jealousy issues but they kinda subsided for awhile. And then one his friends, who isnt the best influence on him-decided to come back in his life. This friend explained to him that he was putting too much time into me, and that he "shouldnt let a b*tch be his whole life." And ever since then, he has just been different. He likes doing everything outside of home seperately or with this "friend" of his. I dont want to say it is all his friends fault because he can make his own desicions.
I dont mind us doing things on our own-we have to or we would probably kill each other. Its just I go out and he asks the usual: who are you with? where are you going? why are you going there? What are you wearing?
He says he trusts me of course cause I have never cheated on him or done anything period to hurt him. But if he doesnt feel comfortable with me going out on my own, I will respect that, then he should do things with me instead? I dont feel like that is asking too much.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
MoodyTSX- HE is the one that says he wants to be married to me. And he is the one that explains how he can't wait to live with me and make me his wife. He actually is the complete opposite of your post. He probably views us more seriously than I do, not that I don't feel that we are serious, but I'd like to do fun things together instead of always staying at home watching the same re-ran shows over and over again.
Just for the record, being married doesn't mean the fun stops. I'm married and my wife and I go out all the time.

By the way, the more I read the more immature this "boy" sounds.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Intermediate

I like to play poker. I am pretty decent at it as well -beat him at home a bunch of times But when he plays on saturday, he will play from like 3 in the afternoon until 1 or 2 in the morning. I went once and around the fourth hour i left bored out of my mind. About 30 minutes later, when he had a good hand, won, and turned around to celebrate with me he noticed I was gone. I am not the biggest fan of gambling. I'd rather spend my money on my car, stuff for the house, etc. but I am always willing to do some of the things he does but not in excess like that. I went to the horse track with him probably around 10 times. First time we had a blast ( it was last august) we came out winning 300 bucks so basically a free weekend away. However, the last time we went this old creepy guy was staring at me, and apparently I was "asking for it" and he got mad. He said not at me, just that the guy didnt " have respect for him." I was mad that he took it out on me-I mean respect for you? Its MY boobs hes looking at!! Just now, he says he would rather play with his friend since his friend... I dont even mind that his whole saturday is consumed with a poker game or whatever, but why cant he go out on friday night with me?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Intermediate

I just kinda feel rejected. He assures me its not rejection, and that i read too far into it blah blah blah. But when i bring up something fun to do like the nationals game and going up for the weekend to watch it friday night and then again on saturday.. hes like well id rather stay at home and relax.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Homeless

Thanks so much guys! He will find out what it is like for me to be doing other things since school will be starting this coming week and I will still be maintaining my job. 30 hours of work and 18 hours of school a week. Thats why i really wanted to spend the weekend with him away at the beach or something. My last weekend without being buried in a school book or work
Well, you had good intentions...that's what counts. As a last ditch effort, I would explain to him exactly what you just told us...school + work = less time for him. If that doesn't motivate him...move along. Someone will appreciate you, guaranteed!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:15 PM
In the bizarro world...

You stated, "Its just I go out and he asks the usual: who are you with? where are you going? why are you going there? What are you wearing?"

He wants to control you. Period. End of sentence.

REading everything you wrote, this is what you are saying:
1. You don't go out and do anything anymore.
2. He wants to "be with you" and "marry you", but he doesn't want to spend excess time with you.
3. He wants to go out and party with the boys, but when you go out, you get cross examined.
4. He's still getting booty. You said your sex life hasn't changed...big mistake.

IMHO - give him the boot. You can get treated the way you want to. If you are not ready to split for good, go on a break and split up temporarily. His actions with this decision will show you how he really feels. He could either:
A. Not care and party with the boys (i.e. Time to hook up with other girls.)
B. Realize what a dick he is acting like and work to make it better.
(These are the two extremes, there are many other things that may happen, but his actions will tell you how he really feels. If he really wants "to make you his wife", he'll cowboy the f*ck up and change.)

Good Luck
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Intermediate

thank you.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Thriller

I know it doesn't make sense- that is why I figured I would ask guys opinions.
We have alot in common (both like the same type of cars, sports, foods, music) and when we first met we did some really fun things together like baseball games, trips for the weekend, concerts and such. We could do anything together and have a great time-and the both of us were very happy. He had some jealousy issues but they kinda subsided for awhile. And then one his friends, who isnt the best influence on him-decided to come back in his life. This friend explained to him that he was putting too much time into me, and that he "shouldnt let a b*tch be his whole life." And ever since then, he has just been different. He likes doing everything outside of home seperately or with this "friend" of his. I dont want to say it is all his friends fault because he can make his own desicions.
I dont mind us doing things on our own-we have to or we would probably kill each other. Its just I go out and he asks the usual: who are you with? where are you going? why are you going there? What are you wearing?
He says he trusts me of course cause I have never cheated on him or done anything period to hurt him. But if he doesnt feel comfortable with me going out on my own, I will respect that, then he should do things with me instead? I dont feel like that is asking too much.
You are better off if a girl told you. I don't think u appreciate what guys will tell u. You are his girl but not girlfriend.

Anyways, I'll leave you some words from my high school english teacher which changed my outlook in life in my senior year. I ran with a tough bunch and my teacher had a talk with me to set me straight.

He said: "You are just 17-18 years old, you have no concept what forever is. You have no idea what a friend is. None of these people will stay in contact with you after you graduate, I guarantee it because you are not like them. You come back after your first break in college, you and I will speak again about where your friends are." And he was right I lost touch with all my friends as soon as I headed to college even though we thought we'd all be friends forever.

I went back one more time to visit my English teacher and he asked what I was doing there. I said I just wanted to talk and he said "You can never come back here again, you've grown up and now an adult. You see what life is about and you need to make your own decisions as an adult."

Hondagirl...you are an adult, see things for what they are. If your b/f is easily swayed by his buddy then he's not as mature as you make him to be. Marriage means committment, a relationship with your best friend, a job, a paycheck, a mortgage and a kid or two. What 19 y.o. kid thinks that far ahead to say they want to get married?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:21 PM
In the bizarro world...

Another point, my last one, I promise....

You offer to do "guy things". I.E. you are not asking him to go to the mall or go get manicures and stuff. You offer to go to sports games and other things that most guys would appreciate their girl being in to.

Is he your "first love"?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Moodytsx: I am adult and I act as an adult-or at least more so than other 19 year olds who still thinks its cool to smash a beer can on their head. I graduated high school a year early- About to start my third year of college and maintain a part time job ( 30 hrs a week) as a lab technician. I am not your average 19 year old. I dont do most of the things that the "normal" teen would. He is similar to me as he works full time and doesnt do the whole teen thing with parties and drinking all the time and such... I do feel that we are similar or at least I used to...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:28 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
This is the type of guy I would get into a physical confrontation with. Guys that are influenced that much by other guys (the friend) are losers. Guys that gamble that much probably have a problem. Guys who ask complete strangers to "respect them" for looking at their girl? Guys who ask what their girls are wearing when they go out, etc.

He does sound boring, he sounds like a prick. Not someone I would want my sister to date, in fact it's someone I would confront if he even thought about dating someone I was close to.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Intermediate

Neveradullmoment- I enjoy those things weird girl.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
In the bizarro world...

Originally Posted by moodytsx
You are better off if a girl told you. I don't think u appreciate what guys will tell u. You are his girl but not girlfriend.

Anyways, I'll leave you some words from my high school english teacher which changed my outlook in life in my senior year. I ran with a tough bunch and my teacher had a talk with me to set me straight.

He said: "You are just 17-18 years old, you have no concept what forever is. You have no idea what a friend is. None of these people will stay in contact with you after you graduate, I guarantee it because you are not like them. You come back after your first break in college, you and I will speak again about where your friends are." And he was right I lost touch with all my friends as soon as I headed to college even though we thought we'd all be friends forever.

I went back one more time to visit my English teacher and he asked what I was doing there. I said I just wanted to talk and he said "You can never come back here again, you've grown up and now an adult. You see what life is about and you need to make your own decisions as an adult."

Hondagirl...you are an adult, see things for what they are. If your b/f is easily swayed by his buddy then he's not as mature as you make him to be. Marriage means committment, a relationship with your best friend, a job, a paycheck, a mortgage and a kid or two. What 19 y.o. kid thinks that far ahead to say they want to get married?
moodytsx - you are a smart cookie good point to make to her.

Hondagirl - when I was 18 I thought I could have married the person I was with at the time. That is the biggest laugh i get today. I'd be miserable if I married the person i thought I was going to at 18. Moodytsx had a valid point, getting married doesn't mean playing house. There are bills, mortgages, children, responsibilities, job security... things you don't think at in your late teens.

Hondagirl, you want to be with someone that makes you want to become a better person. You want to find someone that brings out the best in you, things you can't do on your own. This chump is simply holding you back and bringing you down. It's not worth it.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another thing to consider is that there are always 2 sides to every story, and the truth is usually some place in the middle.

hondagirl, tell your bf to sign up here and lets have this thing out. free therapy of the highest quality.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 PM
werd

Originally Posted by NEVERaDuLLmoment
He wants to control you. Period. End of sentence.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
In the bizarro world...

Neveradullmoment- I enjoy those things weird girl.
Me too. most guys would love the fact that their girl is in to those things.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by fdl
another thing to consider is that there are always 2 sides to every story, and the truth is usually some place in the middle.

hondagirl, tell your bf to sign up here and lets have this thing out. free therapy of the highest quality.
free therapy...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

fdl : i never said that i was the BEST girlfriend ever. However, I have only complained about two things to him: 1.) gambling 2.) keeping me all to himself locked up at home
neveradullmoment: you would THINK he would love having a girlfriend who is into all the boy stuff but can still be girly when she goes out with him !!!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bigman
I hit slumps with my girl every once and a while, but it's all good. Sometimes i just want to be alone. Dont take it personal, at one point or another you will need to be alone as well.
things are rocky with your cousin?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
In the bizarro world...

Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT
things are rocky with your cousin?

lol
Old 08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
hondagirl, are you dating Katana?

Old 08-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by Astroboy

Rob, she didn't say he was a ricer-racer...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Astroboy

Old 08-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Thriller

We all basically grow up at different times in our lives.

Reggie Jackson said in an interview when asked about all his accomplishments in the sport at his age...he replied something to the effect: "my father said to me that you become a man when you hold your newborn in your arms, that's when you become a man."

Until you've had some serious growing up to do, you are not mature. And its not simply going from 19 to 25 to 35. Its taking what life throws at you and dealing with it. It's having ambition and acting on it.

Maturity isn't telling a girl you want to marry her but you'd rather play poker instead. Its not asking where you are and not wanting to be there too. And its not seeking friends that do not appreciate the girl you are with. Unfortunately, like FDL said we only know ur side of it...so with a grain of salt like they say.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
From the way I look at it, he might love you, but he's gotten so used to you, so comfortable with you, he feels that he can get lazy on you and have you string along in his laziness. If you want to go out an have a good time, he's not in the mood....Considering you haven't went out since June, that's a bit crazy if you ask me. The alternative thought I have is what was mentioned before, he's trying to have you initiate the break up. Then again, his positive words that he says to you is just another way to shut you up so you don't complain, IMHO.
Ed
Old 08-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
So hondagirl, I gotta ask. Are dumping this loser or what?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:08 PM
werd

She's not.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Banned

Too bad shes 19...otherwise I would have offered to take her to Kings Dominion.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Intermediate

So we broke up
Old 08-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Banned

So we broke up
Howd he take it?

He prolly didnt really give a shit.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
how are you dealing with it? did you initiate the break up, or did he?

I think based on your age, and the things you've told us in this thread, a break is for the best, keep your chin up.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

That's how i thought he would feel...but it was completely opposite. Like he was really upset, and i explained to him that i wanted a boyfriend who was proud to be my boyfriend and wanted to take me out and show me off, and like just spend time with me..and he was confused???? I have talked to him about this before, but he acted like it was completely new???
I didnt want to at least by heart, but my head said i really deserved better...although now i dont feel any better?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Banned

That's how i thought he would feel...but it was completely opposite. Like he was really upset, and i explained to him that i wanted a boyfriend who was proud to be my boyfriend and wanted to take me out and show me off, and like just spend time with me..and he was confused???? I have talked to him about this before, but he acted like it was completely new???
I didnt want to at least by heart, but my head said i really deserved better...although now i dont feel any better?
How long ago did you break up with him?

Quick Reply: Guys, your opinions please..