Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Got dumped...

Old 12-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP_BALLER
Lol @ ^ Haven't talked to her in days since she test me last, I didn't respond. So Well see... it's not going anywhere If I contact her so I'm playing the "no contact" game lol So to say that I'm not good at this I'd say your right. I'm too honest and don't play games, so maybe that's why I have a hard time. Like not talking to her to make her want u n such. Never been an issue. Those friends are 31 and married with kids and the other is like 35. Both are a little thicker than is like. Cool girls/friends from class but def not someone I'd hit haha
[I'm going to edit this post, I got you confused for the other thread. LOL]
You just contradicted yourself. So your playing the ignoring game. That's a bad move, I will tell you why later. You must really love her, I think shes just going through a phase.
But on the other hand like you said, she might be testing you out. If you really want a high chance of getting her back, you must act and show to her that you have moved on. Show her strength and that you are mature capable of standing tall alone. Now go date some chicks and have a blast. Show her your having fun. But you cant completely ignore her since you got common friends. If you completely ignore her, that will show her that you are stil hurt and obviously ain't over her.
You can still hang out with your circle of friends BUT, only hang out on a few occasions. When they call you to hang out, tell them you are out doing something, out having fun and dating other girls.
Bring your date to the party sometimes, and be friendly and happy infront of everyone. Never ever stare at her when you guys hang out. Laugh , tell jokes, and show everyone you are happy.
When she see's a strong confidant man in you, she will have little doubts in her mind.
And just take your time. Once she date other dudes and find out that they are not even as good as a guy as you, most likely she will come back.

Last edited by MySoCalLife; 12-22-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:36 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Nobody wants sloppy seconds.. move on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Majofo:
97BlackAckCL (12-23-2014), aomechmarine (01-02-2015)
Old 12-22-2014, 01:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm really off tonight, so you don't have common circle of friends ? (Its the other thread)
Listen to Majofo, move on.
I'm going to bed. lol
Old 12-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Dallas Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts
No we don't have common friends. I don't play games, but I've been told it's best to leave her alone. So that's what I mean about ignoring her. Not calling or texting at all unless she contacts me, or its been a while. U know, to not seem needy.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I already told you what to do.

Move on and say "I don't fuck with you!"
The following 3 users liked this post by Flipster23:
97BlackAckCL (12-23-2014), Acura_Dude (12-29-2014), aomechmarine (01-02-2015)
Old 12-23-2014, 05:47 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by 1killercls:
97BlackAckCL (12-23-2014), Mr. Maker (01-05-2015)
Old 12-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
This whole playing games thing is worthless. You're just killing yourself wanting to know why and planning your life around how to make it look like you're over her when in actuality you want to text her soo bad every second of the day. Or whenever you see a damn pom pom or some shit you associated with her. Not like I've had experience with this or anything.

Just be straight up with her. Be a man about it. Tell her how you feel and see if you get a direct answer. If you don't, then honestly she's not worth your time. You may not exactly have closure, but you'll know for sure that it's not going to work.

Then you can go on a scooch hunt
Old 12-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,408 Likes on 3,020 Posts
No we don't have common friends. I don't play games, but I've been told it's best to leave her alone. So that's what I mean about ignoring her. Not calling or texting at all unless she contacts me, or its been a while. U know, to not seem needy.
She's done with you, the best thing is to not respond, period, whether she texts you or not. Just move on and don't look back. She's already thrown you to the curb, you have no reason to keep in contact
The following 4 users liked this post by 97BlackAckCL:
Acura_Dude (12-29-2014), aomechmarine (01-02-2015), Costco (12-23-2014), Flipster23 (12-23-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
I've been told it's best to leave her alone. So that's what I mean about ignoring her. Not calling or texting at all unless she contacts me, or its been a while. U know, to not seem needy.
You've been much too clinical about this.

You really need to get in touch with your feelings.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

The following 2 users liked this post by 97BlackAckCL:
Acura_Dude (12-29-2014), aomechmarine (01-02-2015)
Old 12-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
if I had a daughter I would tell her to never ever call you tbh.

you got dumped. every guy has gotten dumped at least once in their life. it sucks, but you get over it.

I'm a gentleman, we never fought, Nothing bad or no signs at all. She said we could never be together because of it and pretty much made it clear that she wasn't changing her mind. I was falling for her and I dunno what happened.
reading through your OP, this one part to me makes you come off as a very needy, insecure person who's bent on putting the proverbial pu$$y on a pedestal in hopes of her realizing what a catch you are and that she is lucky to have you.

hate to break it to you man, but that's not how it goes. Im not saying treat a woman like shit. im saying be a man, not her bitch.

she did you a favor by breaking up with you. don't waste this chance to learn and move on.
The following users liked this post:
aomechmarine (01-02-2015)
Old 12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8R
You've been much too clinical about this.

You really need to get in touch with your feelings.
Or he could choke out a chicken.... and call it a day...
Old 12-23-2014, 04:48 PM

She contacted me today. There's a lot of reasons... Her ex was controlling. Told her what to wear, who she could hang out with, how she should act, etc. She said she is scared about jealousy, but even though she knows that not me, its a problem for her. She also said she isn't as close to God as she wants, and needs to find him again. Then she said she had daddy issues, and she cannot trust a man(I don't know what he did, but it didn't sound good). So yeah, a least I know. More of her own problems that she cannot be with someone. She's to young and naïve. I guess I got what I wanted out of it, to know why. Shouldn't have dated me in the first place haha Its all good. Im not good at dating, so all your guys comments are about right. I don't try and put the pussy on a pedestal, but maybe that's what I do unintentionally. Dating is one thing I never really understood. Too many games, and rules to play by. Guess I put a little too much effort into something so small.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

She's one of those girls. She is damaged good. Ignore her completely, Completely, it is healthy for you and her. I don't think you wanna go through a huge headache by trying to comfort her mental state and helping her healing her wound.

You are definately not ready for that , hell I ain't ready for that, thats why I tap that ass any chance I could get before it gets complicated and move on.
She need to see a psychiatrist.

Like they said, if you love something, set it free. If its meant to be, it will come back.
The following 2 users liked this post by MySoCalLife:
aomechmarine (01-02-2015), NBP_BALLER (12-24-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
You're young. Make mistakes... with other girls. But don't stick your dick in crazy. Advice given so far has been spot on - stay away. You will regret it later if you take her back.
The following 2 users liked this post by Costco:
aomechmarine (01-02-2015), NBP_BALLER (12-24-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
This could go either way to be honest. To say staying with her is stupid isn't entirely stupid, but isn't entirely correct either. Ask yourself if she is worth the issues that could or can happen. If she's worth it, stay in her life. If deep down she isn't, help, but keep your distance. I feel like most of everyone's opinion is sound, but safe. You just have to make the decision, because, as cliche as it may sound, you need to be happy with whatever decision you make.

My close friend has had similar issues with 'damaged' goods. To him, the amount of time he had to endure to help her was worth it to him. She was bipolar, sexually abused at a young age, and had financial problems. Now they are happily married for 5 years with two kids and make well over 150k together. Now, I'm not saying your situation is the same, and, in my opinion it doesn't seem you like her that much to stay, but, ultimately, you're going to have decide for yourself. Good luck.
Mugen.Justice (01-05-2015)
Old 12-24-2014, 07:44 AM
Sex Bom Omb

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
I would say to keep in contact, good friends, and let her decide what she wants to do from there. If you avoid here for a while, she'll eventually come around or go your own ways.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Damaged goods and a holy roller... Been there
The following 3 users liked this post by 97BlackAckCL:
Acura_Dude (12-29-2014), aomechmarine (01-02-2015), Majofo (01-04-2015)
Old 12-24-2014, 03:31 PM

^ lol Yeah I wasn't expecting that. I knew she didn't talk to her dad much, but I always talked to him when I was at their house. She doesn't get out enough and have fun for my lifestyle. I don't go out every weekend, but if I wanna throw on some dirty rap and get wasted that's what Im gonna do haha. I would never be able to do that with her lol
Old 12-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
This could go either way to be honest. To say staying with her is stupid isn't entirely stupid, but isn't entirely correct either. Ask yourself if she is worth the issues that could or can happen. If she's worth it, stay in her life. If deep down she isn't, help, but keep your distance. I feel like most of everyone's opinion is sound, but safe. You just have to make the decision, because, as cliche as it may sound, you need to be happy with whatever decision you make.
You are totally right. A lot of us here forget that BALLER is not as experience as us, and every situation is not the same for everyone. Some of us look for different things, some want to find love, and others just want to hit it and forget it () , etc etc.
Its all about what you want BALLER, The best lesson anyone can get is from experiencing . Sometimes you need to grow through all of it to learn for yourself, whether its good or bad.
All we can do if give advice.
But you never told us what you really want BALLER, don't be afraid to tell us. No one should shun you for it.
But if you do want her, really care for her. Prepare to battle with the douche that is controller her, there might be a chance you will have to deal with him. Whoop his ass if you need to, that is if you want her that bad. Or that punk will pussy out cause now he has to deal with a dude.

So is she worth it to you?
Sorry for the bad sentence, I just had my glass of wine. lol
Old 12-25-2014, 07:34 PM

haha That makes perfect sense. Everyone is looking for different things. Im more of a relationship kinda guy, not one night stands hit it and quit it. Im a bit more old fashined, but not afraid to have some fun. IM kind of at a point in my life where I think I need to find someone, because I know it takes years to figure out if someone is who you wanna marry etc. Every girl I date isnt gonna be it, but I dont wanna wait forever. Im so inecperienced I know I need to work on it now vs. later. Experience is something I lack in dating. Im not afraid to deal with a piece of shit controlling douche. Im more of a man than he will ever be. Id say she is worth it, but I don't think she has the right mindset right now. We do have different lifestyles, but I think she just hasn't gone out to expose herself to the things we all know. I'm only 24, been in 3 long relationships 3.5 years, 1 year, and 8 months. There were a few I dated and nothing came of it but maybe ten or less Its been 2-3 years since I've been in a relationship tho so lack of experience and being rusty arn't on my side.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

So you do got experience. You've dated 10 girls in your life, not bad ,that's decent.
Your longest relationship is 3.5 years. Thats much longer then me, haha. My longest relation is about a year. lol But then again I'm not looking for a wifey, also I haven't found the " one" in my mind.
I've got my heart broken so many times, that when a girl wants to break it off, I let her go like nothing. Its not that I am cold blooded, Its just thats how I become through all of the things I went through from dating.
When I was with a girl I will give her all of me and always loyal. I still do, its just that now I know not to give everything too easily away. I make her work for it, just like she makes me work for it. It takes 2 to tangle. I know some people hate calling it a game, but in a way, it is a game. You got to know when to make the right move, when to say yes and when to say no.

Once I was dating a girl for about 2 month, I was loyal to her and try my best to make her happy. One day she broke off, and I told her " I care about you, still want to be with you , but if you want to leave then I will let you go". She was shocked at how easy I let her go.
A few days later while working at the drive-thru, a girl drove up that I found to be cute. I got her number and made plan for the following friday.
A day later my ex-called me while I was working. I told her I cant talk I'm working, she thought I was mad. After work she called me again to get back with me, and I'm like "WTF, what kind of game are you fucken playing". I told her I found someone.
My new date didn't last that long, only a week, after that I call my ex to see if she wanted to get back and she said yes. We ended up breaking up again anyways a few weeks later.
I don't even know if thats a lesson I've learn, or it had screwed with my head alittle bit. haha.
Follow your heart, I think you already know what you need to do, you just wanted to see how everyone else here would handle it. I like said, people are different, not all strategies will work for everyone. Do what you got to do.
The following 2 users liked this post by MySoCalLife:
Costco (01-02-2015), NBP_BALLER (01-01-2015)
Old 12-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
You'll be best to just leave her be and move on. I went through a similiar situation as you years ago. I was the "nice" guy and she took advantage of that and her ex was a douchebag cheater that she always went back too. It was like a cat and mouse game, I chased her for years and wasted my time until one day I got fed up with it and let her go and that was the best decision I ever made. She got jealous when she found out that I was going out with my friends and talking to other girls and she wanted me to come back to her but I told her no thanks, I've moved on! I changed my number so she couldn't contact me but she kept stalking me on Facebook so I blocked her on there too.

For some people it'll take awhile to get over it but it was only 6 weeks so that's no biggy bro, you'll be able to do it and you'll see that it was a good decision that you made.

Now I'm married to the best wife ever and have 2 kids and I'm the happiest that I've ever been. You'll eventually find the "one" even if it takes time, she'll eventually be there next to you. It took me a few years but like they say "there are plenty of fish out in the sea." My friends always told me that and I was like yeah yeah whatever man but here I am finally happy again. Good luck to you!
The following 4 users liked this post by Atlas_Gen:
Acura_Dude (12-29-2014), aomechmarine (01-02-2015), Costco (01-02-2015), NBP_BALLER (01-01-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 03:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
So basically OP, i want to point out that you are a nice guy. Unfortunately a lot (id say most) younger girls nowadays take that as weakness or even being a pussy. They would rather date the stupid dickhead that is exciting and interesting because he's always in a situation, then the nice predictable boring good guy.
Like you respected her boundaries.... I know it sounds wrong, but girls actually like it when you PUSH. For example, at the risk of sounding like a creeper, A lot of girls fuck after they drink a little. WHY? Not because they are drunk, not even buzzed. They just have an "excuse" to do what they REALLY wanted to do. I've lost count how many girls called me after with - "NORMALLY - i dont hook up with guys right away, BUT i REALLY like you, and I was drinking..." EVERY dude I know has gotten that phone call. You gotta try to push a little more, No means NO tho. but you gotta have the balls to get a NO.
Sorry if Im reading into it too much, dont think I am tho. Speaking from experience. I was that super nice guy, all the girls I dated in high school were super nice, once i started dating in my 20's.... that was WAY different - thats when I saw girls go for assholes, guys with money, and that they treat nice guys BADLY. True, not all girls. But it just changed my mindset. You're gonna get burned a few times before you learn bro. Ive also seen that women tend to change their behavior a lot after around late 20's or early 30's. so if youe dati g girls in their 20's just realize a lot of females are fucked up nowadays. Its mostly better to just date and have fun, girls like guys who dont give a fuck about them. Oxymoron-ic, i know. They like the dude who is dating other girls too. The nice guy is a safe bet, a backup plan if the asshole guy decides NOT to date her...AFTER he gets to fuck her, i mean she's gotta compete with the other girls right? Dude dont let yourself be second choice. Dont end up with sloppy seconds.
NBP_BALLER (01-04-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
haha That makes perfect sense. Everyone is looking for different things. Im more of a relationship kinda guy, not one night stands hit it and quit it. Im a bit more old fashined, but not afraid to have some fun. IM kind of at a point in my life where I think I need to find someone, because I know it takes years to figure out if someone is who you wanna marry etc. Every girl I date isnt gonna be it, but I dont wanna wait forever. Im so inecperienced I know I need to work on it now vs. later. Experience is something I lack in dating. Im not afraid to deal with a piece of shit controlling douche. Im more of a man than he will ever be. Id say she is worth it, but I don't think she has the right mindset right now. We do have different lifestyles, but I think she just hasn't gone out to expose herself to the things we all know. I'm only 24, been in 3 long relationships 3.5 years, 1 year, and 8 months. There were a few I dated and nothing came of it but maybe ten or less Its been 2-3 years since I've been in a relationship tho so lack of experience and being rusty arn't on my side.
Unfortunately when it comes to learning things about yourself and who you want to be with, some of those lessons can only be learned through trial, error and failure. But I think you have the right mindset to keep working at it - getting back out there. Also you mentioned earlier about, "Too many games, and rules to play by". I would offer that you know you're with the right girl when there aren't any games or rules. It should be easy to be with her, not a game of chess. IMHO, games and rules are an indication you are trying to force a relationship that isn't a natural fit. I think you're on the right track looking at what's next for you, and going about it the way you are comfortable with.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:00 AM

I really appreciate all you guys' comments. I don't think she knows what she wants. She is still trying to text me every day and talk all the time like nothing happened, but I think more as "friends." I'm just going to play it safe and lay low for a while with her. I don't think anything will happen, but time will tell. I'm not pushing the subject, just talking. It is what it is. You guys have a lot of insight. Glad to have some feedback on it all from outsiders.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:15 AM

...but if I wanna throw on some dirty rap and get wasted that's what Im gonna do haha. I would never be able to do that with her lol
1)
2) If you weren't yourself with her, then you weren't being honest. Changing your habits for someone usually means the relationship is headed down the toilet.
3) Being a goodie two-shoe that she is, your propensity to listen to dirty rap and get wasted would have probably gotten you a bj by now. Because getting your dick sucked isn't sex.. or piitb.

The following 2 users liked this post by Majofo:
aomechmarine (01-11-2015), NBP_BALLER (01-06-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 02:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
Page 2 and still not on the block list on your phone? If i were in your position I'd forward all her calls to e-harmony customer service
aomechmarine (01-11-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by asianspec
Page 2 and still not on the block list on your phone? If i were in your position I'd forward all her calls to Paypal customer service
Fixed.. Hello this is Warren, how may I service you?
97BlackAckCL (01-08-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
better yet, send the call to Mizouse.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
Old 01-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Went out with two female friends tonight that were in the same class that me and the girl I was dating. They seem to think her x or another guy have something to do with it, prob her x. Since she can't tell me and look me in the eye when I was talking to her. They think she is either back with him maybe and she is ashamed to tell me because she seems weak and stupid. Sounds logical, I don't think he even lives around here tho... I dunno. Its some dumb shit
Bro, don't worry as to why, Just MOVE on and time will heal you. You can never understand women. I was married 25 years and came home one day and wife said," dont want to be married anymore. Ten years later my ex still can't tell me why. Thats real pain bro. Be happy you will only suffer a few weeks at most. I will suffer to the day I die, not knowing. However I have been remarried almost a year. Get in your acura, mash the peddle and dont look back.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
Can't tell what I'm more shocked by, 25 years down the drain or calling someone "bro".
The following 3 users liked this post by oo7spy:
97BlackAckCL (01-08-2015), aomechmarine (01-11-2015), Flipster23 (01-08-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
Also why you shouldn't try to "win her over". No good can come from trying to convince someone else to be in a relationship with you. The motivation for that has to come from her, not a compelling argument made by you. All that does is temporarily set aside her objection, but does not address the underlying cause.

This.

I had a serious gf in high school - I was a class ahead so I went to college and she stayed. We broke it off, but stayed in touch and did this quasi-get-back-together thing over Christmas. I spent the rest of the year caught up in this romantic idea of making it work with her. In the end she dumped me. I lost an entire year caught up trying to win her over. It's time you just don't get back.

This. Regardless of whether you may feel it was time well-spent or not, the fact remains that the time cannot be taken back.

And I'll throw it out there - nothing wrong with being a nice guy.

And that. Although I would say that there is a difference between "nice guy" and "gentleman". Obviously, one of them you should strive to be, and not the other.

Like some members here, I've been burned too. I know it's infuriating when the girl is unable to provide a legit reason for the break-up, especially when all is going well. It's almost as if she was looking for a problem that doesn't/never existed.

Honestly, the best thing to do is to focus on you. Let me adjust that: focus on you (without her). Focus on bettering yourself, whether it's professionally, physically, mentally or socially - all of that will take care of you emotionally.
Atlas_Gen (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Mugen.Justice
Honestly, the best thing to do is to focus on you. Let me adjust that: focus on you (without her). Focus on bettering yourself, whether it's professionally, physically, mentally or socially - all of that will take care of you emotionally.
Now this is the best thing for you to do. It may suck at times because you'll be thinking of her but later on you'll look back and say "that was the best decision I made" and you'll be able to work on yourself and do what you want to do without any worries.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by dwest1023
Get in your acura, mash the peddle and dont look back.
Doesn't like door-to-door Acura salesmen?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by oo7spy
Can't tell what I'm more shocked by, 25 years down the drain or calling someone "bro".
You mad bro?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 AM

Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Cut your losses man, and move on.

This seems like such a shitty time, but I bet you a year from now you'll be like "what old ho?" While listening to gangster rap, sipping on a 40, getting brains in the backseat of your car. That is, assuming you do yourself a favor and try to move on instead of sitting in a pile of your own misery, asking what you could have done different, or better, to keep her.

Break ups suck. Doesn't matter what side if the break up your on. There's a whole world of women out there and I assure you, she was NOT the one. Because there's no such thing as "the one".

Never change for anyone. Only change for yourself. Ever here the saying "a leopard never changes it's spots"? You'll revert back to your old ways sooner than later because you're forcing yourself to be someone who you're not. And then you'll fight with her. And then shit gets messy. Find a girl who likes you for you. That's the key to happiness.

:twocents:
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
aomechmarine (01-11-2015), NBP_BALLER (01-10-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
IMO you should pursue her, date her until it becomes unbearable, then post a good story in the crazy ex thread.
NBP_BALLER (01-10-2015)

Quick Reply: Got dumped...