Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

girlfriend going into the navy

Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Rebuilder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down girlfriend going into the navy

So my girlfriend is leaving for the navy next tuesday. She will be in basic until september (phone calls once a week if i'm lucky, letter once a week), then in florida (i'm in buffalo, NY) for 6 months then where ever they tell her to for the next 6 years....

i'm starting to go alittle insane now that its less then a week away.

any of you guys haev a s/o in the service?? Any advice of how to make it go by easy since we want to make this last??
Old 06-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,210 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/dating-relationships-14/how-identify-lesbian-309659/
Old 06-14-2005, 02:15 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally I'd be more than a little worried if I was sending my young gf into to live with thousands of guys. But I could just be ignant.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts

Seriously, be careful that she doesn't cheat on you in one of those Iraqi prisoner abuse orgies.....
Old 06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
did she sign up before you met her? if not, i would think she just wants to do that more. time to call it quits and move on. why make all those sacrifices for the next 7 years?
Old 06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
7 years is a long damn time.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Rebuilder

i'm totally afraid of her cheating .. not that i dont trust her, but being around 1000 guys 24/7 and rarely seeing me for 6 years .... yea, not the best situation.

she joined a month before i met her and we started dating soon after. then we tried to get her out for the past 10 months ....
Old 06-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I almost pity her more than you. With Bush in control of this country I would never think of going anywhere near the military.

Bush > :triggerhappy:
Old 06-14-2005, 02:25 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by griff43081
i'm totally afraid of her cheating .. not that i dont trust her, but being around 1000 guys 24/7 and rarely seeing me for 6 years .... yea, not the best situation.

she joined a month before i met her and we started dating soon after. then we tried to get her out for the past 10 months ....

So how long have you two been dating?
Old 06-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Team Owner

Just end it with her. She won't have time for you and you will be wasting yours.

By the way, I do have a few lesbians in the family and know the signs
Old 06-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Rebuilder

a year in a month..
Old 06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by griff43081
a year in a month..

Best of luck. Although it doesn't look good.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
get her pregnant, that might cause them to reject her.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

sausage buffet she is going into...and if she's assigned to a ship = :fagitaboutit:

Last edited by matelot; 06-14-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Not in the military, but I am far away, and even though we get to see each other much more often than we would if either of us was a military person, it still sucks ass. I mean, it really, really, really sucks ass. A lot. One of us is always worried about the other. It's a PITA, to say the least.

Now, I love Scottie and I would rather be "with" him, long distance, than broken up, but if he were anyone else (and if I had only been dating him for a year rather than 4), we probably wouldn't have stayed together when I moved. Or we would have broken up shortly afterwards, at the very least.

I'm just warning you, that you need to seriously consider the pros and cons of this situation; I believe the women are kept pretty separate from the men during training and in teh bunks and stuff, but she's still around tons of dudes, and if she's at all attractive (unlike many military women) she will be hit on 400 times per day. Add to that the fact that the military dudes will be feeding her lines about how you're not familiar with the military "lifestyle" and you probably won't understand what she's going through, etc. I'm not saying she's going to CHEAT on you, but she will almost certainly entertain doubts about your suitability.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that it IS possible to succeed, but it will SUCK ASS. And not in a good way.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

BUT if you do decide to try, then the best advice I can give you is to never get off the phone angry with her, always do your absolute best to remind her of your existence (letters and cards would be a good start for you since you can't talk to her otp), try not to be clingy if she wants to go out with new friends (she MUST have a life and be happy or else she'll feel stifled and want to break up). Also, make a serious concerted effort to get out on the town yourself (not picking up chicks, just getting out of the house). Make sure you have a fulfilling, happy life on your own, and let her existence simply be a wonderful bonus. If you're not happy with being a single monk, then you're not going to want to keep this up, so you have to REALLY TRY to make yourself happy without her.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Go Giants

^^^^^
Old 06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Not in the military, but I am far away, and even though we get to see each other much more often than we would if either of us was a military person, it still sucks ass. I mean, it really, really, really sucks ass. A lot. One of us is always worried about the other. It's a PITA, to say the least.

Now, I love Scottie and I would rather be "with" him, long distance, than broken up, but if he were anyone else (and if I had only been dating him for a year rather than 4), we probably wouldn't have stayed together when I moved. Or we would have broken up shortly afterwards, at the very least.

I'm just warning you, that you need to seriously consider the pros and cons of this situation; I believe the women are kept pretty separate from the men during training and in teh bunks and stuff, but she's still around tons of dudes, and if she's at all attractive (unlike many military women) she will be hit on 400 times per day. Add to that the fact that the military dudes will be feeding her lines about how you're not familiar with the military "lifestyle" and you probably won't understand what she's going through, etc. I'm not saying she's going to CHEAT on you, but she will almost certainly entertain doubts about your suitability.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that it IS possible to succeed, but it will SUCK ASS. And not in a good way.
BUT if you do decide to try, then the best advice I can give you is to never get off the phone angry with her, always do your absolute best to remind her of your existence (letters and cards would be a good start for you since you can't talk to her otp), try not to be clingy if she wants to go out with new friends (she MUST have a life and be happy or else she'll feel stifled and want to break up). Also, make a serious concerted effort to get out on the town yourself (not picking up chicks, just getting out of the house). Make sure you have a fulfilling, happy life on your own, and let her existence simply be a wonderful bonus. If you're not happy with being a single monk, then you're not going to want to keep this up, so you have to REALLY TRY to make yourself happy without her.
He's probly on the phone with her breaking if off as we speak.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:08 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
say goodbye
Old 06-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Safety Car

Usually it's the other way around, bf joins up and gf stays home, bf ends up gettin' Dear John letter. It's not gonna be easy. During basic, there's really not that much time for socializing. It's during specialty training/tech school where everything goes kinda free for all. That's how it was in the AF, you're out of boot camp and your ready for anything. If she's a looker, you can bet your ass guys will be hittin' on her. I think that's the hardest time for a relationship to be steadfast. It's gonna drive you nuts, but you gotta have some trust. Just remember, she's probably wondering what you're up to and probably driving her crazy also. Attend her graduation from basic and visit her when she's in tech school to rekindle the relationship. Good Luck!
Old 06-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Team Owner

On the note of banging in the military...

Where do soldiers do it? Aren't they in large rooms with cots?
How about on the ships?
Where do they ?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Banned

^^^

try a little imagination it wont hurt
Old 06-14-2005, 04:36 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by doopstr
On the note of banging in the military...

Where do soldiers do it? Aren't they in large rooms with cots?
How about on the ships?
Where do they ?

Or to be more relevant to the topic at hand, where do the gang bangs take place?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Burning Brakes

There is a lot of banging going on in training (maybe not basic training -- maybe advanced). I've heard some stories from friends in the Air Force hehehe

It'll be tough, I'm not sure if I could put up with my gf going in the military. Nothing against her, just the circumstances that be. I'd date someone else.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
That's gonna suck. I felt sorry for my girl when I left.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by Mr.Fiddizzle
Or to be more relevant to the topic at hand, where do the gang bangs take place?
Prisons it seems.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:36 PM
EVO IX MR

Here's some advice from someone who's been in the military for the last 4 1/2 years.............move on and find someone else. Joining the military for a chick automatically raises her points standings a couple points right off the bat, and I even know plenty of married ones that get down, never mind the single girls........... If she was a 5 or 6 out of 10 before she joined she will now be at least an 8, and depending on where she goes even higher( middle east, or on a boat) she will be out numbered 50, 70, even 100 to 1. Just imagine you being stuck on an island (or a boat) for 6 months at a time with 50 girls to every guy.................

Last edited by 2003type-s6; 06-14-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Not THAT guy

Not trying to rain on your parade dude, but I don't think it will work out. My best friend was in the Navy while I was in the Marines. Both of us have identical views when it comes to this topic. If she's faithful to you for the whole time, she's Jesus Christ incarnate. Now that we got that out of the way....

When a ship comes into port that has women on it, we (Marines and Navy personnel, land based) call it a tuna boat. Obvious reasons.

Boot camp, she won't have a whole lot of time or chances to play around. A Training and eventual fleet assignment is where it will happen.

The question should be, what is her MOS going to be? Any preferences on duty station? These answers will determine where she might go and what type of environment she will be in. However, wherever she goes, there will be Marines there and that ain't good for you.

The USMC: 220 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a bomb crater. My mother was an M-16. My father was the devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life.

I'm a roughish-looking, rover soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, over-bearing, and I do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster made of blood and guts who arose from the sea, whose sole purpose in life is to perpetuate death and destruction upon the festering anti-Americans throughout the glove, whenever it may arise. And when my time comes, I'll die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life to Mom, Apple Pie, and the American Flag.

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army; and on the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter and stole the globe and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them.

Soldier by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice, Marine by God.
That's what you are going to have to contend with.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:54 AM
If He Dies...He Dies

Yeah dude. get her pregnant or something. I could not have the patients to have a gf in the military stationed far away. It was bad enough when I had a gf in the af reserves and she went away for like 2 weeks. despite her thinking about me, I had no idea what was going on.

Had you said 4 years instead of 1 like Calladria stated, I would say don't break up with her. But, since its only a year old, you options are very limited to making your relationship work out. Being apart that long with only compromise the relationship even more. If you both want to work at it, like someone else stated before, make sure she knows you still exist. Send her pictures, emails, cards, hand-written letters every chance you get.

Are you looking to marry her? Can't military spouses travel with military?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just let her know don't fuck with a marine because 8 times outta 10 he will beat her azz! They brain wash marines REAL GOOD!

Break up with her AFTER BASIC TRAINING. Picture this, she will be in the BEST SHAPE of her life after Basic and to top it off she (hoepfully for you) won't have had any azz for 6 weeks. Be there for graduation fuck the dog shit out of her and tell her to be on her marry way.

Infedelity in the military seems like it is the rule more than anything else.

I was a military brat and I also had to let a girlfriend go to the military (we broke up right after her basic training) so I speak from experience.

O' and keep this in mind. The military is still a good place for a non-college grad to get training, a career, etc. I would recommend it for anyone that can't make it to/through college. Keep in mind it is for the best for her to go and it will only make her a better person. If you can remember this it will be easier to let her go.

Last edited by bl^5; 06-15-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Yeah Griff it aint looking good bro..Just save yourself the stress and move on..If you guys are still around when she's done try to hook up again then but don't tie yourself down and stress yourself out on an unsure thing.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:10 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr.Fiddizzle

Old 06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
50? you must be kidding!

Originally Posted by bl^5
Just let her know don't fuck with a marine because 8 times outta 10 he will beat her azz! They brain wash marines REAL GOOD!

Break up with her AFTER BASIC TRAINING. Picture this, she will be in the BEST SHAPE of her life after Basic and to top it off she (hoepfully for you) won't have had any azz for 6 weeks. Be there for graduation fuck the dog shit out of her and tell her to be on her marry way.

Infedelity in the military seems like it is the rule more than anything else.

I was a military brat and I also had to let a girlfriend go to the military (we broke up right after her basic training) so I speak from experience.

O' and keep this in mind. The military is still a good place for a non-college grad to get training, a career, etc. I would recommend it for anyone that can't make it to/through college. Keep in mind it is for the best for her to go and it will only make her a better person. If you can remember this it will be easier to let her go.
I am a former Marine. Brainwashing is NOT what the Marines do. Marines have to know how to think for themselves and act according to ever changing conditions. Unless you've been there, there is no way to explain it to you.

I resent your remark about Marines beating women, from my PERSONAL experience the percentage of spousal abuse is lower than in the general population. the Marines actually want their members to have a family life and promote good family relations.

On the subject of this thread, yes you will both have trouble staying faithful. She will be in a target rich environment, and you will be alone, neither of these conditions is good for a long distance relationship relationship I guess you'll find out if the love is enough. I hope it is for both your sakes!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Not THAT guy

Originally Posted by mfkitson
I am a former Marine. Brainwashing is NOT what the Marines do. Marines have to know how to think for themselves and act according to ever changing conditions. Unless you've been there, there is no way to explain it to you.

I resent your remark about Marines beating women, from my PERSONAL experience the percentage of spousal abuse is lower than in the general population. the Marines actually want their members to have a family life and promote good family relations.

On the subject of this thread, yes you will both have trouble staying faithful. She will be in a target rich environment, and you will be alone, neither of these conditions is good for a long distance relationship relationship I guess you'll find out if the love is enough. I hope it is for both your sakes!

You said it before me, thx brolly. Good to know I have brethren in here. Semper Fi
Old 06-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I've a couple of female friends who were in the military...one cheated, the other was married and faithful, but got raped, I've only heard the stories, since I did not meet them until after they got back from Iraq...but take that for what its worth, chances are if she's not fucking some jughead will rape her...even if you don't stay together, make sure she knows how to take care of herself....
Old 06-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Cruisin'

One my best friends is in the AF and just got transfered to England and didn't wanna leave his girl for that long so they just got married and she went with him. If yall are really that serious that you might should consider just getting married.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JaxJoker66
One my best friends is in the AF and just got transfered to England and didn't wanna leave his girl for that long so they just got married and she went with him. If yall are really that serious that you might should consider just getting married.
Yeah if your serious enough to get married that is certainly an option. Good that the military will pay for moving your family.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Safety Car

Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Advanced

PM me I've been in the Navy for 12 years. I can't call it, but everytime a new girl came to our command with a "boyfriend" at home, we were running a train on her in a hotel room 3 weeks later. But thats not all of them, we were just dogs and did our best to exploit every girl we met.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by 01_CL-S_COUPE
I can't call it, but everytime a new girl came to our command with a "boyfriend" at home, we were running a train on her in a hotel room 3 weeks later.

Damn...

Quick Reply: girlfriend going into the navy