Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Gettin the "Best Friend" excuse...

Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 AM
I love Chanel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
On topic: Nicely put! I think that much more than that can not be expected of anyone. LOL @ fat slob comments! Complacency does tend to set in once you get in a "groove" with someone. I make my way in the world of dating and leave little to "happenstance". I'm all for pro-active thinking. At the same time, I refuse to just settle for any old set of ass and titties! Which is a nice segway to my off-topic...

Off topic: Yo Nightwalker - nice new avatar! Told you I'm a breast man sugar!! Keep up the good work!

Watchatalkinboutwillis?! What breastesses?! I'm only a B cup! hahaha
Old 11-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TSX Nightwalker
With that kind of attitude, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole! Besides, he can't handle a REAL woman! haha
That's fine, plus if you two went on a date we might lose the banter back and forth in these threads...

Instead we should go on a date and you can take out your frustrations on me lol
Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,234 Likes on 823 Posts
Watchatalkinboutwillis?! What breastesses?! I'm only a B cup! hahaha
hahaha..The jokes on you.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Drifting

I just think you need to stop thinking like a caveman and allow men to learn from their experiences instead of giving false representation of women! Not all men are the same just as all women! Their negative attributes that society has placed on them should not be the overall consensus in anyone's mind! So, stop crippling your male counterparts on this issue and allow them to make up their own mind!
To be honest with you, there is a problem with how men see themselves and perceive their roles... and the problem is definitely wide spread. I know myself because I used to be that 'nice guy'... thankfully I figured out that it doesn't work that way. Many men, however, still haven't figured it out to this day.

You have to admit that he makes a good point, in most sit-coms these days all men are portrayed as bumbling fools where the woman is the only stable person and runs the show @ home. While it may not affect women, it definitely affects men. Even romantic comedies about how a guy goes about getting a girl. Do these things EVER transpire in real life in the way they outline them in entertainment & media? NEVER.

And believe it or not, MANY MANY people in our society get their information/direction/guidance from television because it has come to represent the 'norm' and the way 'society should be' in the minds of many people. Even though it's not at all an accurate depiction of the world we live in.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 AM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
be a dick and stay out of the "friends" zone =) as much as females say they want a nice guy, they always end up with dickheads.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I love Chanel

Originally Posted by cibs
To be honest with you, there is a problem with how men see themselves and perceive their roles... and the problem is definitely wide spread. I know myself because I used to be that 'nice guy'... thankfully I figured out that it doesn't work that way. Many men, however, still haven't figured it out to this day.

You have to admit that he makes a good point, in most sit-coms these days all men are portrayed as bumbling fools where the woman is the only stable person and runs the show @ home. While it may not affect women, it definitely affects men. Even romantic comedies about how a guy goes about getting a girl. Do these things EVER transpire in real life in the way they outline them in entertainment & media? NEVER.

And believe it or not, MANY MANY people in our society get their information/direction/guidance from television because it has come to represent the 'norm' and the way 'society should be' in the minds of many people. Even though it's not at all an accurate depiction of the world we live in.
Well, that's the problem! You guys just need to TURN OFF your daym TV's! hahahaha Seriously, there's a whole bigger world out there outside from this forum and tv land! It's like some men aren't able to grow some balls and make up their OWN mind and just go by what society deems is the "norm"! It's like, dude what kind of world are you living in? So are you guys basing your ideals and convictions from what society tells you?! From what some of these poor, lost and misguided souls on this forum? Especially listening to someone who constantly puts down the female race just to stroke his own male ego and beats his chest like a gorilla because he feels that he's right and I'm wrong? I've considered a lot of his advice and even given him props for them, yet he can't even muster up the same sentiment when I make a valid point! But you know what, that's how society SHAPED him! Forunately, I've always had my own mind and has never been persuaded by other people! I look at things in BOTH light and that's how I form my own opinions! Narrow-minded people are what's crippling everyone and the world their living in because they live in such a superficial way! Sorry, I use my heart and my mind and that's all I need to know!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I love Chanel

Originally Posted by Whiskers
hahaha..The jokes on you.
Actually, a man only needs a mouthful...so, the jokes on you! hahaha Checkmate!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,234 Likes on 823 Posts
Actually, a man only needs a mouthful...so, the jokes on you! hahaha Checkmate!
Can I see your tits?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Drifting

Well, that's the problem! You guys just need to TURN OFF your daym TV's! hahahaha Seriously, there's a whole bigger world out there outside from this forum and tv land! It's like some men aren't able to grow some balls and make up their OWN mind and just go by what society deems is the "norm"!

I agree with you, however everyone forms a frame of reference based on something. A role model of some sort. Some people base it on one of their parents, others a strong male in the family, others the tv, a teacher, movies, blah blah blah. Where it comes from doesn't necessarily mean it's flawed, you can decide to follow in the footsteps of your father who's a pushover 'nice guy' and that could be in many situations just as bad as following what tv tells you.

It's like, dude what kind of world are you living in? So are you guys basing your ideals and convictions from what society tells you?! From what some of these poor, lost and misguided souls on this forum? Especially listening to someone who constantly puts down the female race just to stroke his own male ego and beats his chest like a gorilla because he feels that he's right and I'm wrong? I've considered a lot of his advice and even given him props for them, yet he can't even muster up the same sentiment when I make a valid point! But you know what, that's how society SHAPED him! Forunately, I've always had my own mind and has never been persuaded by other people! I look at things in BOTH light and that's how I form my own opinions! Narrow-minded people are what's crippling everyone and the world their living in because they live in such a superficial way! Sorry, I use my heart and my mind and that's all I need to know!
I believe you use your heart and your mind, as do most people when making emotional decisions. But EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE gets their information by assimilating information from the world around them and then processing it and coming up with a conclusion as to how they can best use that information.

Humans learn on a daily basis, and repetition is what makes things permanent in the mind. Think of a sports player he becomes the best at what he does because he practices for hundreds even thousands of hours with the hope that he'll become pro one day... and then he makes it. all that practice made him good at what he did.

Now if he practiced WRONG for all those thousands of hours would he still be as successful? no. He'd be good at doing what he had done for all that time... what he had studied for all that time.

The point I'm trying to make, and might have failed at making here lol, is that the more people are exposed to something (i.e. practicing) the better they get at 'it'. Whatever 'it' is.

When things are prevalent all through society, tv, media, news, 'role models', celebrities (where the majority of people get their info from these days) that's what's going to shape their hearts and minds.

It's counterintuitive to not be yourself these days, people think they have to be the 'nice guy' in order to get anywhere. And that is the problem.