Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Ever been accused of cheating?

Old 09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
fhwagads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever been accused of cheating?

so my girlfriend accuses me of cheating last night and text me saying, please please tell me the truth have you cheated on me to which I reply no i have not cheated on you why dont you believe me. She responds by saying that she just "got this feeling" and is having panic attacks because of it so I call her and get angry that she would accuse me of something like that and tell her that no I didnt cheat on her nor have I ever given her any type of reason to accuse me of something like that. Shes says the fact that your angry makes me more suspicious blah blah blah. I ask how would she feel if I accused her of cheating and that maybe she thinks it will be easier for her to hate me (we are in the proccess of breaking up. she wants a "break" Im like fuck that, like that ever works) if she convinced herself that i cheated so im not gonna give her the easy way out and told her that shes wrong. Then I get the "dont talk to me, I'll talk to you when im ready." bs line.

So anything like this ever happen to you guys and if so what ended up happening. And ladies, why or how would someone just "get the feeling" that their boyfriend is cheating on them.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Everbody at some time or another has either been accused or accused....
Old 09-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Experience tells me that when someone accuses a partner of cheating, its usually the accuser that is doing the cheating
Old 09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
How old is she?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Burning Brakes

I've wondered...i'm more insecure about emotional cheating than physical...because it's easier to hide...

one time, i came home after a weekend away and found a chick's ugly ass hairclip in my bed...i demanded that my bf explain it...which i don't think was out of line considering the circumstance...but the first thing out of my mouth was not "you're cheating aren't you!??!"

like i was upset b/c it put that idea in my head but he explained it and i believed him..
*said he had a small party of about 8 people and his friend's date got drunk and wanted to lay down*

i don't know....if all you have is a "feeling", that's pretty stupid to accuse someone of cheating..wait till you get some evidence and then yell at them
Old 09-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge83
And ladies, why or how would someone just "get the feeling" that their boyfriend is cheating on them.

if he's being secretive, hiding/suspicous phone calls, him "forgetting" to mention he went out with so&so...drastic change in patterns for no reason...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

my ex always accused me of cheating. We would go out to eat, a guy would look or something and then he would be like " who was that?" "why was he looking at you?" and then it would go into the cheating accusations. I would get angry like you because i never gave him a reason to think of that, and its rude because that puts me down considering i have never cheated in my life. I dont believe in it: dont be a wimp and cheat, if you arent happy then get out. then he would pull the same crap-well now i am even more suspicious. We were together for nearly two years.. still loved him like crazy. he went to a party one night, mad at me and started dancing over all these other girls ( told me the next morning). who should be accusing who of cheating?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Andrea25
if he's being secretive, hiding/suspicous phone calls, him "forgetting" to mention he went out with so&so...drastic change in patterns for no reason...
most definitley
Old 09-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Andrea25
I've wondered...i'm more insecure about emotional cheating than physical...because it's easier to hide...

one time, i came home after a weekend away and found a chick's ugly ass hairclip in my bed...i demanded that my bf explain it...which i don't think was out of line considering the circumstance...but the first thing out of my mouth was not "you're cheating aren't you!??!"

like i was upset b/c it put that idea in my head but he explained it and i believed him..
*said he had a small party of about 8 people and his friend's date got drunk and wanted to lay down*

i don't know....if all you have is a "feeling", that's pretty stupid to accuse someone of cheating..wait till you get some evidence and then yell at them
One time I found a teency lace thong in the laundry... turns out it was the neighbor's, she had left it in the community washing machine. But I FLIPPED OUT. I mean, I was livid. I was ranting around that house like a possessed woman... just WAITING for him to get home. He was on the phone with a friend when he got home, and I was sitting on the couch with my arms crossed; you could hear him coming down the hall, "Haha yeah you should see what my prof said about that paper... Oh. Hey, baby... what's the matter? Uhhhh dude, I should go. I'll call you back...."
Old 09-19-2005, 01:48 PM
fhwagads

shes 20, no I havent cheated on her. The only thing that I can think of is that we havent been talking on the phone as much. When we do talk shes always distant and doesnt seem like shes interested in the conversation and gives one word answers and accuses me of only asking one word questions. (ex, the questions I ask, how was your day, what did you do last night, did you have fun blah blah blah answers: good/ok, went out drinking, yes) Im not gonna keep calling if our conversations are the same fucking 10 min converstaions which I have to carry. And I explained that to her but that goes in one ear and out the other.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i got one of those the other day. happens to everyone. deep down, i think my girl knows i would never cheat on her
Old 09-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by SG81
i got one of those the other day. happens to everyone. deep down, i think my girl knows i would never cheat on her
Probably most of the time people ask not because they think their partner did, but just as a reminder that it's something they think about....
Old 09-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Missing My CL-S

Old 09-19-2005, 02:11 PM
fhwagads

Well we'll see what happens when shes "ready to talk" Im going home on thursday and shes supposed to come see me on friday so Im thinking I'll see what happens when we are together in person and if we still feel the same way. I have a feeling shes only saying this so she can feel better about our breakup as opposed to me just saying hey the taking a break thing is probably not going to work lets just break up. I dont wanna be the guy thats waiting around on break and suddenly find that shes hooking up with some other dude.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Missing My CL-S

and you're right...breaks never work
Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Burning Brakes

lol - think of Ross from friends "but we were on a break!!!"

"breaks" are complete BS. It means "break up" I swear I've had girls try that crap on me but guessed I've wised up.

Its real easy to handle, girl say she wants a "break" or "sort through my feelings". Of course your only response must be "I see, so I'm free to sort out my need to sow my oats? see how messed up that is? No, there are no breaks."
Old 09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 644 Likes on 285 Posts
Originally Posted by doopstr
Experience tells me that when someone accuses a partner of cheating, its usually the accuser that is doing the cheating

truer words were never typed.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

I "cheated" once....

When i was 16 i had a "boyfriend" that lived an hour away....i kissed another boy on the school band trip....

OMG i'm such a slut!!!!!
j/k

but seriously, i felt so bad about it, i fessed up...i felt like total dirt for like a week after...

i'll never do it again...
Old 09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like your girl is a emotional wreck. Some girls are just more needy than others and if you have a choice, go with the stable ones. That's probably the most important characteristic that I've found in women so far. Drama gets old real quick. Hot, smart, fun, whatever can all become PSYCHO in a second if the girl is unstable. Signs of unstability (not just PMS) are wild mood swings, physical violence, bouts of crying, and needing CONSTANT phone communication. If you don't call her back like that minute, she'll go nutso.

If she wants to break up, why are you fighting it? I don't get it.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:21 PM
fhwagads

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
Sounds like your girl is a emotional wreck. Some girls are just more needy than others and if you have a choice, go with the stable ones. That's probably the most important characteristic that I've found in women so far. Drama gets old real quick. Hot, smart, fun, whatever can all become PSYCHO in a second if the girl is unstable. Signs of unstability (not just PMS) are wild mood swings, physical violence, bouts of crying, and needing CONSTANT phone communication. If you don't call her back like that minute, she'll go nutso.

If she wants to break up, why are you fighting it? I don't get it.
Im not fighting it, she wants to a break while Im want to either break up or make it work either way but no breaks. And I think you hit the nail on the head with your description. I wont go as far as to call her psycho but definately needier than she lets on or is willing to admit to and tell me.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Banned

Yes, and it was annoying; I've never cheated and never will. But she always suspected I would. Every time I got a new job: "Are there any cute girls there?"

One time, she went through my phone and said: "Who's Robyn?"

Problem was, it wasn't my phone but my buddy's, who has the same phone.

It got really tiresome. Either you trust someone or you don't. If you keep pestering someone with questions or accusations, sooner or later, it'll lead to infidelity.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
yes.......yes i have
Old 09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
you hit the nail on the head
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Banned

Damn, then my ex must've been cheating a lot.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLover
Its a defense mechanism.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
, how about if the girl doesnt ask if you cheating but says your cheating
Old 09-19-2005, 07:46 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
yes.......yes i have

Her: I saw you walking and talking with Sarah during recess. Did you hold her hand?
You: No, she just asked to borrow a pencil and I gave it to her.
Her: You liar!! You banged that slut under the slide, didn't you?!?!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spidey07
Its a defense mechanism.
Well, I think a SO who keeps accusing you of cheating is either cheating or insecure.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:48 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I think a SO who keeps accusing you of cheating is either cheating or insecure.
Maybe the former, but definitely the latter.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I didn't say it was a good thing. If my wife/GF accused me of cheating once, no problem...knock it off - I'm with you. Twice - red flag. Thrice - get your crap and get out of my house...I warned you and yet you persist. I cannot not be with somebody who doesn't trust me wife, GF, mother of children...doesn't matter. You've gone psycho and I won't have it.

gee, seems like I've been through this a few times.

I had a red flag moment with GF or 1.5 years. She said "I kept thinking you were out with another woman" WTF!!! that's strike 2.

Last edited by spidey07; 09-19-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:07 PM
drop em like its hot

yep. she keyed my trunk and bent my trunk lid. lots of damage when i actually didnt cheat on her....

crazy korean amazon women. can't really piss them off and survive.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Going back to the "take a break" thing. That's woman talk. Men never say, let's take a break. They just either 1) cheat on their significant other, 2) break up. That's it. There's no take a break. Women say take a break when they mean, let's break up so I can go out with this other guy and if it doesn't work out, I'll call you and maybe we'll have sex a few times to see if I can't find something better in the mean time.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
and the wife got kicked out of a bar for fighting too, i was piss drunk, those were the days
Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Homeless

And when you add the panic attack part...it's pretty obvious she has some esteem issues to work out also...so, if she isn't happy about herself, she can't be happy with you.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Burning Brakes

hahahah...
and there's an ad at the bottom of the page for a GPS to put in your husband's car to "catch" him....

hahha