Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Do you find it painful to watch other people ask somebody out?

Old 08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow interesting read.

for me i've just asked out girls on the phone after striking up an initial conversation in person and getting their #. or i used to date classmates or coworkers by going on study/office dates with them.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by leedogg
I always use the line "I wanna fuck you like an animal"
hahaha only way you can do is if the NIN song is playing in the background
Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by CedNBHTL
have any of you guys watch the show The Pick Up Artist on Vh1?
Originally Posted by danny25
caught the first one, those guys are pimps.
Actually caught an episode last night. Pretty interesting stuff. Think I'm gonna have to keep watching.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 PM
I love Chanel

^^^ that show is funny!

All I have to say is.......it's all in the APPROACH gentlemen. I gaurantee that if you don't come off as a geek or a perv, you will get at least a second glance from a girl...errr...woman :p
Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Its painful to watch or hear one of my buddies hit on women
Old 08-30-2007, 10:50 AM
I love Chanel

^^^^ why don't you give him pointers.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX Nightwalker
If Mike's buddies are anything like my buddies, all the pointers will go in one ear and out the other.

Actually one time, my buddy had his eyes set on this chick, he knew that he would go up to her and get a number, we just kept saying be cool, keep it smooth and don't do anything stupid. He walks up to her and beyond his control, he sneezes, and I swear the stuff that came out was less then pleasant. He looks at her and all he can say is "Shit"... he comes back to the table and we were all like "Nice, you almost got a word out that time"... It was like a scene out of Seinfeld or something.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:07 AM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
All you need to do is accidentally ump into her from behind and say "Oh, I'm sorry." Then introduce yourself. Its not too hard and you just have to pull it off in the right tone of voice. Sincerity usually works.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Race Director

who cares just go up to a girl you like say ur name and think of any conversation to talk about, get her #, if she doesn't want to or has a bf, go onto the next girl. that's what i would do. yes you get nervous, but who gives a crap, just drink some wine or beer beforehand. and then go on a quick date with her.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TSX Nightwalker
Trust me, i try but he doesnt listen. Plus i think he needs to work on his personality. Nothing about his personality draws women to him.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I love Chanel

Now that I think about it, it kind of is. I sometimes get hit on by the worst one liners and it's actually pretty sad and pathetic. That's why the key to any male and female interaction is the APPROACH! Don't come off like a perv and sleezeball and maybe a girl can give you a second look. Believe me, we'll appreciate the effort even more
Old 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Kang Ho

hmm..approach. (note to self- approach is key to courting. Hopefully the memory bank doesnt get corrupted when I see a beautiful girl... )
Old 09-14-2007, 02:46 AM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
Originally Posted by txathlete
A friend says his trick is to get eye contact with the girl. After three eye locks then you know it's on like Donkey Kong!
o'rly? ive had that happen to me a few times, but im just thinking that they're thinking "whats up with that guy "

to this thread...
Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by mastertl
All you need to do is accidentally ump into her from behind and say "Oh, I'm sorry." Then introduce yourself. Its not too hard and you just have to pull it off in the right tone of voice. Sincerity usually works.

I make sure to have a full hard-on before I go bumping into them though
Old 05-07-2008, 01:11 PM
That was uncalled for...

Oh boy...

This guy behind me in my schools library is trying his absolute hardest to get this chick... I can hear him behind asked if she wanted to go for beers, but she said she had class... asked if she was hungry he'd go get her some food, she already ate, if she was thirsty, trying to impress her saying he drives a Tibouron...

I'm all for the guy trying, but if you could only see the look on this girls face, she couldn't be less interested...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
Originally Posted by S A CHO
Oh boy...

This guy behind me in my schools library is trying his absolute hardest to get this chick... I can hear him behind asked if she wanted to go for beers, but she said she had class... asked if she was hungry he'd go get her some food, she already ate, if she was thirsty, trying to impress her saying he drives a Tibouron...

I'm all for the guy trying, but if you could only see the look on this girls face, she couldn't be less interested...

?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:23 PM
That was uncalled for...

He just said "Did I mention I'm a Toronto boy?"

What the @#$% does that mean???
Old 05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The worst is watching a "thug" try to pic up a "non-thugette"

"Hey mami, your ish is hot"
Old 05-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Haven't had the pleasure to see these guys get shot down by a girl... Most of the time I was around my friends, the girl usually gave them their numbers...

The way I would do is:

"Hey, wanted to ask... [insert something interesting here]?"
"Maybe we can get together sometime and talk a bit more on the subject... how about coffee or a nice drive to [insert somewhere interesting here]?"

worked for the couple times I tried it... I've actually been asked out with this method twice... out of the 5 tries...
Old 05-07-2008, 03:07 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by S A CHO
Oh boy...

LOL - I love watching this stuff.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:26 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The funniest story I have about this, is about myself. Yup! I haven't always been the "I'll fuck your girl, no doubt" prototype playboy I am right now!

Once upon a time, not long ago...When I was in 7th grade, a group of us were in the cafeteria. We saw this nice looking young'un in the lunch line. One of the guys says to me: "Yo Ray, go over there and ask that girl for her 7 digits"! I was like, Oh Shit!! I was sweating it big time! I had no confidence in my game, shit, I had no game! But worse than that...hold onto something...I had no idea what he meant by "ask her for her 7 digits"!!! I'm serious as hell!! Hahaha!

Yet, like a dumbass, I still went over to her, and in my most "Charlie-ish Brownish voice, I said: "They told me to come over here and ask you for your 7 digits." She said something in the form of rejection, and the boys fell out!! Still not sure if it was more so from me asking that stupid shit, or from her saying no! All I know is, it was a long way back to that side of the lunchroom! LOL!

But truthfully, as humiliating as that was (and yes, it was), it helped me to get over my fear of approaching girls in school. Well, I did do a little of that in elementary, but that doesn't count.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Originally Posted by darksom1
The funniest story I have about this, is about myself. Yup! I haven't always been the "I'll fuck your girl, no doubt" prototype playboy I am right now!

Once upon a time, not long ago...When I was in 7th grade, a group of us were in the cafeteria. We saw this nice looking young'un in the lunch line. One of the guys says to me: "Yo Ray, go over there and ask that girl for her 7 digits"! I was like, Oh Shit!! I was sweating it big time! I had no confidence in my game, shit, I had no game! But worse than that...hold onto something...I had no idea what he meant by "ask her for her 7 digits"!!! I'm serious as hell!! Hahaha!

Yet, like a dumbass, I still went over to her, and in my most "Charlie-ish Brownish voice, I said: "They told me to come over here and ask you for your 7 digits." She said something in the form of rejection, and the boys fell out!! Still not sure if it was more so from me asking that stupid shit, or from her saying no! All I know is, it was a long way back to that side of the lunchroom! LOL!

But truthfully, as humiliating as that was (and yes, it was), it helped me to get over my fear of approaching girls in school. Well, I did do a little of that in elementary, but that doesn't count.
DDDDDEEEEEYYYYYYUUUUMMMMMMMMM dark. that's some funny shit bro. it kinda reminds of Hitch for some reason. How he was all horrible with girls when he was a young and beceme a date dr. and whatnot. hahaha

Anyways, I don't really pick up chicks cuz I know a lot of chicks. But if need be I'm not too horrible. I've gotten a number like 5 or 6 times out of like 10 times i've approached a girl.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:15 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by GrandeInter10
DDDDDEEEEEYYYYYYUUUUMMMMMMMMM dark. that's some funny shit bro. it kinda reminds of Hitch for some reason. How he was all horrible with girls when he was a young and beceme a date dr. and whatnot. hahaha
Yeah...that was like a really weird time for me right there. But it's all about keeping it real tho...shows your boy never fronts! It's the beginning of my "rags to riches" story as it relates to dating and women. The fellas that know me now always get a kick out of that story.

I mean, I was a beast by the time I was in the 9th grade believe it or not. I changed schools in the 9th. You won't believe how much that changes things! I got no love 7-8th grade. Then - kaboom!!! At the new school, the most popular girl would catch me in the hallway and slobber me down, while I felt her up! I'm pretty sure she just wanted me because I was getting looks and things from the others because she liked taller dudes, you know, I was new material, but fuck if I cared - I was becoming the shiznit! Even that wasn't how it all started though...

True story...First day of school in the 9th grade. I came in the door, fashionably late (til this very day). So, you know, not being on girls hard and whatnot, I wasn't up on the latest fashions like I should've been. I mean, I was ok, but not on point. I had some pants on that were designer, but riding a little high on the ankle! Hahaha! Anyway, as I walked in the door, a kid named Barry peeped my attire and said a "highwater" joke! Yeah, he got some laughs, and I was like DAMN, not again, not at the new school too! But...no...my destiny as Darksom1 had been cut by a different cloth than those knuckleheads, and the times were about to change, as fate decreed...because out of the blue, a sexy, sweet-looking red-bone named Ivy said "Leave him alone!! Nevermind them, you can sit right here." Word gets around like lightning, and before you know it - A STAR IS BORN!!! The rest is history...

So yeah, I went from the dude who couldn't get it right at all, to the guy standing on the sidewalk with his boys saying "pick which one you want me to go get the number from" - and getting it damn near every time!!! So if you are reading this, and you are afraid of the "approach" and are an underachiever...just remember that even I was once "mere mortal"...so take heart! Nuff said!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Yeah...that was like a really weird time for me right there. But it's all about keeping it real tho...shows your boy never fronts! It's the beginning of my "rags to riches" story as it relates to dating and women. The fellas that know me now always get a kick out of that story.

I mean, I was a beast by the time I was in the 9th grade believe it or not. I changed schools in the 9th. You won't believe how much that changes things! I got no love 7-8th grade. Then - kaboom!!! At the new school, the most popular girl would catch me in the hallway and slobber me down, while I felt her up! I'm pretty sure she just wanted me because I was getting looks and things from the others because she liked taller dudes, you know, I was new material, but fuck if I cared - I was becoming the shiznit! Even that wasn't how it all started though...

True story...First day of school in the 9th grade. I came in the door, fashionably late (til this very day). So, you know, not being on girls hard and whatnot, I wasn't up on the latest fashions like I should've been. I mean, I was ok, but not on point. I had some pants on that were designer, but riding a little high on the ankle! Hahaha! Anyway, as I walked in the door, a kid named Barry peeped my attire and said a "highwater" joke! Yeah, he got some laughs, and I was like DAMN, not again, not at the new school too! But...no...my destiny as Darksom1 had been cut by a different cloth than those knuckleheads, and the times were about to change, as fate decreed...because out of the blue, a sexy, sweet-looking red-bone named Ivy said "Leave him alone!! Nevermind them, you can sit right here." Word gets around like lightning, and before you know it - A STAR IS BORN!!! The rest is history...

So yeah, I went from the dude who couldn't get it right at all, to the guy standing on the sidewalk with his boys saying "pick which one you want me to go get the number from" - and getting it damn near every time!!! So if you are reading this, and you are afraid of the "approach" and are an underachiever...just remember that even I was once "mere mortal"...so take heart! Nuff said!
Hahaha fuckin dark man. this man speaks gospel. dark i say you bring your ass down to cali and help me pimp. i dont mind bein a protege for a bit. we all gotta start somewhere

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q4jZpWRoztM

turn it up a little.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not single but the times that I was I always found the direct 'ignore everyone around and just do it' approach always worked well.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:09 PM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by eclipse23
I'm not single but the times that I was I always found the direct 'ignore everyone around and just do it' approach always worked well.
There's quite a lot of detail in the "just do it" part of your approach. At least, a lot of detail that not everyone is aware of. Social skills are important. Conversational skills are important. Listening skills are important. The list goes on... The more capable of that you are the better you chances are of building rapport and some form of attraction - that's not even taking looks under consideration.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottman111
Like someone else said, timing is the key. If you time it wrong, the girl may turn you down because she is embarrassed even though she really wants to hang out.

Running up to a table of girls and asking one out without even introducing yourself is like landing on the beach alone on D-Day

That is hilarious.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

If you ask 10 women, that you think would otherwise not have accepted your approach, what they look for or pay attention to when a man comes up to them, I bet you the majority of them say the way you present yourself and the way you carry yourself. I vibe with women a lot on the different nuances of dating and "hunting". They want respect and confidence in a man. If he hasn't bought into what he's trying to sell, how can they? Plus, if you disrespect them rght out the gate, what's in store for the later on? Now, there are other things that come into play as you go along in the conversation, but that must be at the start...
Old 05-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Back in a TL again.

this happened at an olive garden.

we bet 50$ that one of our friends could not get this girls number sitting at the bar. so from our table we can see everything clearly, he gets up walks over sits down and orders a drink for him and her. 5 mins later the bartender walks up asks for both ids as she is looking she slides over the napkin with her number and name.The name on the napkin says Carilyn she asked for his number he gave it to her, when the bartender gave the id's back he looked over the id said Carl and the id was of a dude.

at first he was like took him about 3 solid mins after seeing the id and putting the two together. He got up said "ill brb i have to use the restroom" next thing i see him running to his car and took off.

this is what he said after seeing the id: i was like wtf why is it a dude so i asked her,she replied oh that picture it is from 5 years ago before i found my self.....why? thats when i took off.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Back in a TL again.

...just remember that even I was once "mere mortal"... before i discoverd GHB.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by vetalik
What is "GHB"? Anybody?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
What is "GHB"? Anybody?

I got up into dem googles and found that it is a date rape drug.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by vetalik
Thanks Mike...you a bad boy Vetalik! Ouch!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I make Boom Boom in

Back in college I asked this hot filipina out in physics class and stumbled in my words and was laughed at by the guys sitting behind me. She unfortunately already had a bf.... I felt like an ass.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by spdy0001
Hey at least he asked

I give props to any guy with guts to ask a girl out.
good for him. unless the girl is a total cunt, she'll be nice about it even if she's not interested.

on a side note-i love watching this stuff go down. its like a car crash you laugh at.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:57 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
wanna fuck?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't really have this problem of approaching or talking to girls... all I gotta do is look at them and it's on
Old 05-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
"wanna go for a pizza and a fuck?"

after she says no... "whats the matter you dont like pizza?"
Old 05-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
"wanna go for a pizza and a fuck?"

after she says no... "whats the matter you dont like pizza?"
I first heard that line in.... let me think.... 1984.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
...or

"HEY HEY DO YOU REMEMBER ME?!!!"

at this point they may ask no who are you

"i cant believe you dont remember me.. the man of your dreams?!"

Quick Reply: Do you find it painful to watch other people ask somebody out?