Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Can anyone help me?

Old 03-17-2005 | 10:31 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

Can anyone help me?

Ladies don't start sobbing yet. I've known this girl for about 5 years. we occassionally dated, but never went all the way. We would hang out off and on, but everytime we hung out, we would start making out and then stop. She's a great girl. She didn't care for materialistic things. She was very down to earth. Everytime we got back together to hang out, it was like we had never lost a step. She would tell me everything about what's happening...even guys she got involved with, despite her saying she didn't want something between because she thought she would be going to the Peace Corps...maybe it was a fling, long distance...East Coast/West Coast...and she told me she got heart broken over it even though it was only a few months type of fling.

For the last few months we had been in contact with each other, she told me was applying for the peace corps for a couple years. So, she got approved Spring 2004 to leave in June 2004. I was short of telling her that I was in love with her because I wanted us to be together, but she didn't want to me to wait 2 years for her despite her also wanting some more between us. I was invited to her going away party. I didn't go because I was hurt over what had happened between us with her fling and not wanting us to start up something serious. I got the impression that she was in love with me, but she wanted to do what she wanted to do. Would me telling her I was in love with her have made a difference?

So, she leaves for the peace corps last summer. It's going on a year now. I've never met a woman like this before wear we were so at the same level. She never belittled me, always respected one another. I met her mom when I was helping her move from one apartment to another. Her mom loved me. Despite us being different races, it was never a factor between us or her family.

So, my thing is I've been thinking about her alot lately. I don't have any contact info because she obviously cut her cell phone off, I've switched to a new cell phone, and I chucked her business card.

Have I lost her completely? Is there anyway I can contact her despite her being in the Peace Corps? I know she's in Eastern Europe.
Old 03-18-2005 | 05:42 AM
ric
Safety Car

If you can locate her mom...... a simple explanation of a lost address would be adequate reason to ask her for her daughter's contact data.

Barring that, a moderately skilled private investigator can procure her social security number (no, it is not that hard) and then track her current location. As a member of the Peace Corps, she is probably not very accessible, but she is not in the Witness Protection Program, either.
Old 03-18-2005 | 06:44 AM
If He Dies...He Dies

I know where her parents stay which is about 5 mins aways from house, bust I don't want to go there unannounced and plus I haven't seen her moms in almost 2 years. I'm not sure what house her parents stay because I went there once back in summer 2001 and it was at night.
Old 03-18-2005 | 07:43 AM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

call the peace corp and have a message delivered to her
Old 03-18-2005 | 07:45 AM
If He Dies...He Dies

is that possible Jerky?
Old 03-18-2005 | 01:41 PM
Chris

She "did not want you to wait 2 years for her..." Did she actually tell you that? If so, sounds to me like she was wanting to start over. There might have been something between you two, but it did not flower into a romance, per se. Who knows, there may be some spark in the future when she returns, but I would not hold out much hope for that. By the time she gets back you more than likely will have moved on to someone else.

Does she have any friends you could ask for her email or location? That may be another way to go if you don't want to approach her parents.

Good luck.
Old 03-18-2005 | 02:07 PM
Pro

if u're really in love with her, then u will find a way to get in touch with her...

if u don't know the house that the parents stay at, go ring all the doorbells in that street and ask whether "mr. and mrs. X stay here"...it all depends on how much u love the girl...

obviously u are thinking a lot about her, so now u need to take it to the next step...but it could back-fire on u too...i mean u haven't contacted her in about 1 - 1.5 years, so u don't really know what's going on...

if u are really in love, don't hesitate...go for it
Old 03-18-2005 | 02:15 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

I might try to contact the Peace Corps or something.
Old 03-18-2005 | 02:26 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

What if I send a letter to the Peace Corps...you think they would send it to her?
Old 03-18-2005 | 03:29 PM
ric
Safety Car

I don't think it is out of line for you to contact her parents, if the mom liked you, she would be sympathetic to your plight. You could always send her a note, but........ I suspect that a phonecall out of the blue would not shock her into using a police whistle on the phone.

My stepson apparently cut a wide social swath in college, and we still get phonecalls for him from girls with names like "Amanda" and "Tracey" who want to get in touch with him. We are always amused at this unfolding life that he pretty much kept from us, and my wife tries to engage them in conversation. THEN we give them his current phone number........... then we wait to see if her name crops up in the next few months as we talk. Usually does, sometimes not. Sometimes they were friends, and sometimes they were a romantic interlude. In any case, they are his friends, and we make the link quickly. Asking for her address to send her a note is not out of line.

Will it be profitable in the sense of resulting in a reconnection? Who knows? Nothing ventured, nothing lost....... she might be radically changing her life values, she might be pining away for you, wondering how to get your address.
Old 03-18-2005 | 04:29 PM
Wanna See My 'Cuda?!

Try calling her parents. Try the Peace Corps. Get an investigator. You never know until you try. The worst thing that could happen is that she would tell you she wasn't interested. As hard as that would be, at least then you would know and could then move on with your life instead of always wondering "what if"?
Old 03-18-2005 | 05:56 PM
Safety Car

wow thats rough brother...the mom is the best bet

good luck
Old 03-18-2005 | 06:07 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

Miss iVtec, I don't even know if her mom remembers me. She will probably remember me if I say I'm the black guy that helped her youngest daughter move into her old apartment. Her mom actually flirted with me.

Earlier today, I sent an email to the Peace Corps asking if I sent a letter to them to send to her, would they forward it to her.

Ric, I gotta get her parents' address first.

Last edited by MisterMehoff; 03-18-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2005 | 08:17 PM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MisterMehoff
Miss iVtec, I don't even know if her mom remembers me. She will probably remember me if I say I'm the black guy that helped her youngest daughter move into her old apartment. Her mom actually flirted with me.

Earlier today, I sent an email to the Peace Corps asking if I sent a letter to them to send to her, would they forward it to her.

Ric, I gotta get her parents' address first.

Good luck with your quest; who says that men aren't impossibly romantic........ And it really doesn't matter if they remember you (they probably will, parents do well when they have a face to attach to a name) but I never much remembered my stepson's flames until I saw them - wouldn't stop me from providing them with his phone number. Parents are people too.
Old 03-18-2005 | 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Hope you find her, I'd imagine that the peace corps should be able to provide some form of contact info.
Old 03-19-2005 | 08:58 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

^Yeah, thats what I was thinking. So my spirits are better about the situation. Wouldn't she be surprised.
Old 03-24-2005 | 08:28 AM
If He Dies...He Dies

Guess What?!!!!

I got in contact with the Peace Corps last Friday. I guess they sent her an email with my email address in it. Guess who emailed me today?!! My friend from the Peace Corps!!!!

Here's what she said:

That's so weird, I was just thinking about you last week, and then...BOOM! there you are! What's going on with you? Hope everything's okay. Write back when you get a chance.
I thought I had to get in contact with her the old school way of sending a letter to Peace Corps. Technology can be right on point sometimes. It probably would have taken some time otherwise.

Anyway, I wrote back to her stating how I felt before she left and about how things went down. So, I'll keep you all updated!!!!
Old 03-25-2005 | 06:46 PM
Suzuka Master

i love this shit, i can't wait to hear what happens next!
Old 03-25-2005 | 07:19 PM
Mud in your eye!

^^^Me too! Good luck bruh!
Old 03-29-2005 | 06:11 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

Aight. Today, she wrote me back saying that she really didn't know how I felt about her til when she was about to leave for the Peace Corps. Prior to me telling her I had feelings for her b4 she left and the email, she said that she assumed that when we would hang out and mess around, she thought that just that. She said she didn't mean to hurt me if she did. I'm assuming that was about the guy she had a fling with about six months prior to her leaving. She said when she comes back for a summer break, she wants to talk about this more in depth.

I think I might have missed my chance. Is it possible that the situation could become worse when she gets back into town?
Old 03-30-2005 | 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

MisterMehoff,
Just to let you know my friend... sometimes, best way to express your inner feeling is to directly tell that person how you feel. (sometimes girl love that!) If you had done that 2 years ago, things might have been different (for better or worse) at least today, you wouldn't have to wonder how she feels about you.

When she comes back and you two sits down to talk. You will know how she will feel about you and that's when and only when you will know. 2 years is a LONG time for being apart from somebody and alot can happen in between. It's obvious that you are deeply in love with her but too shy to express it..
try not to mess around when she comes back, rather be direct! Don't drag this friendship/fling years and years. Ask her out or get over her and start your own relationship with somebody. (It's only healthy for yourself)

good luck
Old 03-30-2005 | 01:42 PM
50? you must be kidding!

Smile

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
MisterMehoff,
Just to let you know my friend... sometimes, best way to express your inner feeling is to directly tell that person how you feel. (sometimes girl love that!) If you had done that 2 years ago, things might have been different (for better or worse) at least today, you wouldn't have to wonder how she feels about you.

When she comes back and you two sits down to talk. You will know how she will feel about you and that's when and only when you will know. 2 years is a LONG time for being apart from somebody and alot can happen in between. It's obvious that you are deeply in love with her but too shy to express it..
try not to mess around when she comes back, rather be direct! Don't drag this friendship/fling years and years. Ask her out or get over her and start your own relationship with somebody. (It's only healthy for yourself)

good luck

EXACTLY right!!!! Be up front and open, good things will come of it!
Old 03-30-2005 | 05:02 PM
If He Dies...He Dies

she's only been gone since last June, so she will have another year left.

I don't plan on dragging it on for years. When we sit down and talk when she comes back, that will be do or die time. I always do this, though. I always have to make a decision on whether I just wanna be lovers or friends with about 80% of my female friends.

Last edited by MisterMehoff; 03-30-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2005 | 07:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

know the feeling bro, I always ended up as the friend too.
Old 03-31-2005 | 03:39 PM
Drifting

tell her whatever you are feeling. tell her you love her if thats what you feel. either she feels the same, and you are both going to be very happy, or she doesnt, which isnt that bad either. dissapointing, yes, but atleast you know how she really feels, and you dont need to waste time trying to figure it out