Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Old 07-31-2005 | 12:06 AM
Banned

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Soooo...I happen to be in quite the predicament. I have one female friend who I have remained quite close to for some time...we have never dated, we occasionally fucked, and as of yesterday...she told me that shes in love with me...and shes been in love with me for a while. I have absolutely no training for this type of situation...and I have no idea what to do. When she told me yesterday...I acted as if I didnt hear it and changed subject mad quick...I then canceled the rest of our day toegther. This is girl ranks as high as my g\f but I cant tell her that I feel the same way about her. Is there anyway to tell her this without ruining our friendship ?

BTW...For some of you bitches....answer the question first, and I'll consider.
Old 07-31-2005 | 12:20 AM
Pre-Registered Member

You should just review your past threads, I am sure the answer is in there.
Old 07-31-2005 | 12:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by odessa
You should just review your past threads, I am sure the answer is in there.
So your saying I should tell her the truth....
Old 07-31-2005 | 12:46 AM
Banned

I re-read what I wrote....I DONT love this girl.
Old 07-31-2005 | 01:09 AM
Suzuka Master

here we go again...
in before someone says "i told you so..."
Old 07-31-2005 | 01:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rise
here we go again...
in before someone says "i told you so..."
Explain...because its like people dont understand the situation.
Old 07-31-2005 | 01:40 AM
I'm back, biatch.

Tell her that you value your friendship and you want to leave it at just that. Tell her your in a serious relationship and you don't want to do anything to compromise it.

Do all this in a sweet sappy voice.

...also tell her about your good friend teg in Cali
Old 07-31-2005 | 03:12 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Be like me, cut them off completely and pretend they don't exist
It's mean but damn it gets the job done.
Old 07-31-2005 | 03:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Xenogen
I re-read what I wrote....I DONT love this girl.
Duh. I didn't have to read anything and I could have guessed that. Since Adam and Eve, there's one thing for sure. If you have to think more than a split second whether you love someone, then the answer is a resounding no. If you have to ask on an internet forum, the answer is no.
Old 07-31-2005 | 05:32 AM
Banned

Xenogen,

Let me just give you the short and sweet answer, YOUR Fucked ...

In a case like this i always use my job as a way out... For you use your school as a way out, IE you have too much on your plate right now to get into anything.... and anyways you have a GF right ?...so IF she respects you it should stop right there.

And with your GF around, i would not fuck her again as it would only lead to a whole alota crap you dont want to get into....

On a side note i'm dissapointed.....You could of dealt with it right then and there, its clear you have no interest in her like that so why put off the Inevitable :
Old 07-31-2005 | 06:46 AM
Who am I?

this best friend of yours know that you cheated on the other chick?
Old 07-31-2005 | 08:22 AM
Advanced

Should have just told her something at the time. Now, you have to bring it back up. Just tell her that you heard what she told you, and that you think she is really cool/sweet (whatever you like about her) but that you just don't have romantic feelings for her. Tell her that you truly enjoy her as a close friend. Try to make her not feel awkward. Then make sure you keep whatever patern of contact you have had in the past (talk/hang out at same intervals as usual) and don't confuse her with anymore physical contact. Try that.
Old 07-31-2005 | 10:50 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

If you haven't seen this movie, watch it, then tell me what you think your going to do.
Old 07-31-2005 | 12:39 PM
Go Giants

Old 07-31-2005 | 12:40 PM
Pit Stop?

I've always been on the receiving end of this conversation

But not from Xeno
Old 07-31-2005 | 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tireguy

If you haven't seen this movie, watch it, then tell me what you think your going to do.
i liked the original better
plus you get to see Penélope Cruz's tatas (dont remember if you do in vanilla sky)

Last edited by Mizouse; 07-31-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2005 | 02:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Just tell her the plain truth, without any sugar coating on top. Tell her straight that you don't feel the same way and it's probably best to remain as friends. Giving excuses may not stop her from pursuing you, unless you still want that kind of attention...
Old 07-31-2005 | 03:19 PM
I make Boom Boom in

You're fucked. There is really no way to remain friends with someone who has feelings for you. It never works out. You want to keep her as a "friend," don't tell her you don't love her. Keep her hanging on...it's mean but it'll keep her around. Once you tell her you don't have the same feelings for her as she does for you, there will be weirdness between you two, maybe for her (unless your friendship is strong enough to go beyond having feelings). Some friends make better friends than lovers. Either way, I still think you're fucked.
Old 07-31-2005 | 05:02 PM
likes it raw

In order to keep with your ongoing theme of fucking your love life up so you have something to post about, I'd suggest telling her you love her too. Then fuck her. And film it. And send the tape to your girlfriend.

Oh, and post pics when done.
Old 07-31-2005 | 06:13 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by JimmyCarter
In order to keep with your ongoing theme of fucking your love life up so you have something to post about, I'd suggest telling her you love her too. Then fuck her. And film it. And send the tape to your girlfriend.

Old 07-31-2005 | 07:41 PM
Team Owner

Have you cheated on your girl since she took you back?
Old 07-31-2005 | 08:02 PM
Go Giants

Just add the traditional black bar over your genitals please.....
Old 08-01-2005 | 12:55 AM
I'm back, biatch.

btw,
Old 08-01-2005 | 12:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by teg_to_bike
Tell her that you value your friendship and you want to leave it at just that. Tell her your in a serious relationship and you don't want to do anything to compromise it.
Im pretty much just gonna have to put it that way...she knows that I'm in a serious relationship, and she knows the g\f.

Originally Posted by JesusJuice
Be like me, cut them off completely and pretend they don't exist
It's mean but damn it gets the job done.
I could have done that, but Ive known her for 7 years...Its kinda hard to do that with someone you've known that long.

Originally Posted by F900
Xenogen,

Let me just give you the short and sweet answer, YOUR Fucked ...
Tell me about it...

In a case like this i always use my job as a way out... For you use your school as a way out, IE you have too much on your plate right now to get into anything.... and anyways you have a GF right ?...so IF she respects you it should stop right there.
Knows the g\f, knows that Im in med school...technically it should stop right there, but what I need for her to do is move on...she wont jeopardize my current relationship, but I dont want her to think that if my relationship ends, that Im gonna be coming for her.

And with your GF around, i would not fuck her again as it would only lead to a whole alota crap you dont want to get into....
Last time I had sex with her was when I was single

On a side note i'm dissapointed.....You could of dealt with it right then and there, its clear you have no interest in her like that so why put off the Inevitable :
I could have...but not hurting a girls feelings isnt exactly my department, and I didnt want to just blatantly say "I dont love you" and then have nothing else to say.

Originally Posted by thatguy
this best friend of yours know that you cheated on the other chick?
Yup

Originally Posted by Loopa
Should have just told her something at the time. Now, you have to bring it back up. Just tell her that you heard what she told you, and that you think she is really cool/sweet (whatever you like about her) but that you just don't have romantic feelings for her. Tell her that you truly enjoy her as a close friend. Try to make her not feel awkward. Then make sure you keep whatever patern of contact you have had in the past (talk/hang out at same intervals as usual)
A little bit better than Teg's method but exactly what I intended to do.

Originally Posted by Tireguy

The difference between my situation and that movie is...His fuckbuddy loved him...and I never made her "swallow my cum" other than that...are you telling me that I should kill the bitch, or never get in a car with her?

Originally Posted by sasha
Giving excuses may not stop her from pursuing you, unless you still want that kind of attention...
True...I also dont want that type of attention...I wish she just had kept it to herself.

Originally Posted by txathlete
You're fucked. There is really no way to remain friends with someone who has feelings for you. It never works out. You want to keep her as a "friend," don't tell her you don't love her. Keep her hanging on...it's mean but it'll keep her around. Once you tell her you don't have the same feelings for her as she does for you, there will be weirdness between you two, maybe for her (unless your friendship is strong enough to go beyond having feelings). Some friends make better friends than lovers. Either way, I still think you're fucked.
Leme get this straight...you want me to tell her that I have feelings for her...even though I dont ? I really do want to keep her as a friend, and yes I do believe that there will be weirdness between us, but if I told her that, whats to stop this from getting to my g\f (whom Ive informed of the situation ) ? I mean she'll most definitely break up with me...So you're right Im fucked...Im either gonna lose a good friend, or my g\f.

Sounds like a plan JC

Originally Posted by doopstr
Have you cheated on your girl since she took you back?
Nope...crazy...not stupid
Old 08-01-2005 | 01:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by teg_to_bike
btw,
Old 08-01-2005 | 01:02 AM
I'm back, biatch.

wow... shes beautiful.

Originally Posted by big poppa teg
...also tell her about your good friend teg in Cali
Old 08-01-2005 | 01:23 AM
Pit Stop?

^

Old 08-01-2005 | 01:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Minch00
^

Minch...Honestly, If you spent less time on the computer and more time working on your self image, it would only be a matter of time before you could hook up with a chick like that. Be proactive man...dont just sit around and sulk. Work out 30-60 min a day doing cardio and weight training, use your money on yourself, start talking to random chicks in the REAL world...and you're set. You still need guidance, but you gotta make the commitment to better yourself.
Old 08-01-2005 | 01:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Minch...Honestly, If you spent less time on the computer and more time working on your self image, it would only be a matter of time before you could hook up with a chick like that. Be proactive man...dont just sit around and sulk. Work out 30-60 min a day doing cardio and weight training, use your money on yourself, start talking to random chicks in the REAL world...and you're set. You still need guidance, but you gotta make the commitment to better yourself.

Your best post eva.
Old 08-01-2005 | 01:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Your best post eva.
Wow...a compliment from
Old 08-01-2005 | 01:55 AM
Pit Stop?

But then again it is 3am, so this is like the only time I can spend on the computer

Yep
Old 08-01-2005 | 01:56 AM
Banned

But then again it is 3am, so this is like the only time I can spend on the computer

Yep
You know what I mean though...
Old 08-01-2005 | 02:01 AM
Pit Stop?

You know what I mean though...

I actually looked in the mirror this morning and I said "I'd do me". If that's not confidence I don't know what is

I'll get back into my cardio after I start attending school regularly again. (gym is on campus)
Old 08-01-2005 | 02:05 AM
Banned

I actually looked in the mirror this morning and I said "I'd do me". If that's not confidence I don't know what is
Anyone can say that...its when you can walk away from a chick knowing that she wants to have your children...that you can call it confidence.
Old 08-01-2005 | 02:06 AM
Banned

Anyone can say that...its when you can walk away from a chick knowing that she wants to have your children...that you can call it confidence.
Women are more turned on by coinfidence than actual looks, unless you have the male equivalent of a butter face.
Old 08-01-2005 | 02:34 AM
Burning Brakes

When I was in Cali last week I met a chick who said she wanted to have my kids... but then I had to fly back East
Old 08-01-2005 | 02:36 AM
I'm back, biatch.

whoa, this thread woke up.

but yeah, confidence > *.

and Xeno's friend > * too.
Old 08-01-2005 | 08:21 AM
Drifting

Tough choice there Xeno, she is nice, very cute, which i prefer over slutty hot. Oh and minch, i hope you didn't tell yourself that while sticking your junk back between your legs with lipstick on, ala silence of the lambs.
Old 08-01-2005 | 08:28 AM
likes it raw

I'm done trying to offer advice to Xeno because all he's in this for is the e-fame of "Look at this girl I slept with"

If you really liked your gf as much you say it wouldn't even be a question and you wouldn't even need to post about it.

Originally Posted by rock2534
very cute, which i prefer over slutty hot.
Old 08-01-2005 | 08:37 AM
Go Giants

I'm done trying to offer advice to Xeno because all he's in this for is the e-fame of "Look at this girl I slept with"

If you really liked your gf as much you say it wouldn't even be a question and you wouldn't even need to post about it.

Here are all the women I slept with....

www.playboy.co(m)

Quick Reply: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea