Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

After 9 years, I think it's over.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:30 AM
L.A. > the rest

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Wow, Thanks everyone for all that input. My thoughts on just having sex with someone isn't my cup of tea. I feel in a sense I am still with her though I am not. I was always loyal and faithful to her in 9 years and have passed up many other girls who wanted me. Two of those girls are talking to me right now but I made it clear I AM NOT INTERESTED IN ANYTHING other than FRIENDS. Friends being used with the faint of heart because they should have respected the fact I was with someone. That video thisaznboi posted was the story of our 9 years together. I have a huge exhaust box that I kept everything she's given me for 9 years. I currently have it stored in my attic, I don't know what to do with it over time. I don't want to go through it as I am trying to be strong and move on but eventually I need to go down that path and do something with it.

I don't think she's going to come back to me. She's made it clear for myself to move on in life and work on me. I have been working on me, been doing the best that I can. After the holidays I will have enough strength and support to get out there and talk to girls but not saying ready for dating, just a conversation will be a good starting up. For everyone that has someone now, don't take things for granted. Enjoy it, because one day it can be gone forever. I live at the gym now (Not really) go everyday and work out for almost 2 hours. There are a lot of beautiful girls in the gym but I don't care about it right now, I'm focused on me and my goals. I appreciate everyone's support! You guys/gals are all awesome!
Man up dude!!
And burn that box!!
She just wasted 9 years of ur life! It could've been worse...she could've wasted ur entire life with all this drama BS!
That broad's got issues and u'd be a fool to take her back if she ever wanted to. U wanna repeat the same cycle for the rest of ur life?!! Fuk that!!
Ur young, get out of ur rut, forget her, forget the holidays, and burn that freakin' box bcuz when ur happily married with children 5-7 years from now ur gonna look back at today and thank me for this post!! Now quit being a girl and be a MAN!
The following users liked this post:
04WDPSeDaN (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 08:12 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I thank everyone for their support. I've been hanging out with friends and being living in the gym. I am working out 7 days a week just to get my mind off things. It's not easy, I went shopping for Christmas and felt sick to my stomach to be at the mall and see sooooooo many couples. Made me sad, but it's still fresh in my mind. I went to my parents new home and they had a room just for her to stay in if we decided to visit or what have you, I stood by the door way and said to myself I can't let this consume me. I walked into the room and took down her pictures and placed them in a box. Again tough, with a single tear going down my face but I kept it together. Everyone has been talking to me, telling me just get with some chick, like rebound sex. I don't do that, i'm sorry guys, I am not gay but just respect women I want to find the right one if that will ever happen.

I was out with family last night. My brother took me out with his friend from way back. I was talking to her and she's 31 and she wanted to know what happened I told her everything and the things I've done. She straight out told me, your an awesome guy and it's super rare to find someone like you. I asked her if there are ladies out there just like me, and she said pretty rare as well. I guess I'm not meant to find the right one? So for now, I'm focused on myself. 192 pounds with 19% body fat. 1st comes 1st my body is going to look great not for anyone else but my fucking self. I work very hard in life to have what I have and more than ever it's my money I will take care of myself and treat myself to new things. I dropped 80% of my money to buy her things and take care of her stuff, not anymore.. I put myself last, I held her above all. Mistake number 1, and I was stupid to do so. Look where it has gotten me, I doubt she's suffering as I am, so I am not going to even go there to make myself upset or sad.

This thread is going to be my progress thread of my life. I will continue to keep you guys updated. I hope in the next few pages I have positive news! Thank you again for all your support!!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
04wdp-

you'll find the right girl if that's what you want. dont' lose sight of your overall goals and your future whether its with the "one" or going about your life. enjoy it. no need to worry about what she's doing, although it seems like you deeply cared a lot about her, hence your investment into the relationship.

sounds like she's in a different phase of her life and she wants to figure that out. let her. and if it means you move on with her b/c she's unhappy or needs to find herself, then so be it. you're going through all the steps of recovering from this. i'm sure we are all glad to hear that you are slowly moving forward. don't rush it. things happen for reasons that we sometimes can't explain. for better or worse, we grow from these experiences to hopefully become a better happier person on the other end.

it seems most HS sweetheart relationships, end up on the break up, b/c people change or they are in a transition phase of their lives. not to say there are not these types of relationships that stick with it, its just rare these days.

i like the fact you are not just going to hook up with girls for the sake of a rebound. it means you have a maturity about you that will be attractive to girls that don't want a "player". when you are ready and when the right girl comes along, you'll know. focus on you for now, and make sure you are happy first before trying to please that special person in your life. she's out there. maturity has a lot to do with it. most girls who are flirty or always out partying...haven't matured to take life seriously enough that its time to grow up.
nj2pa2nc (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 04:25 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
glad ur keeping it together well bro....

1> avoid places where there are all couples....example someone calls you at a party and you know its all couples then u know better
am not saving dont go to the mall and shit but hit the gym instead....a lot of single people there....
2> am not saying have rebound sex....am saying dont be all sobby everywhere....you never know when you might meet the right girl....and you meet her, dont mess it up just coz "ohhh i just broke up with my girl so i cant go out with her"....

i realized this long time back....me and my girl of 2 years had broken up and couple friends had a Halloween party and it sucked as there were all couples......i met this girl at the mall and went out for dinner with her....and she seemed like a very very good girl but i didnt go any further with her coz i was like "ahh what if i get back with my ex"....

i know your situation is exponentially worse (2 years compared to 9) but dude, you need to put ur chin up and move on....there were times when i just cudnt control and i did end up crying but hey life moves on and so should you....
Old 12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

meant to say "with OUT her"...sorry about that...
Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Just an update,

Ive been working really hard in the Gym. Since the break up I've dropped 14 pounds and doing very hard circuit training with cardio. I've been going out with friends and just enjoying life the best that I can right now. Just to think it's been over 3 weeks now that I am single and I find the strength more and more everyday to over come. I've been out there talking to ladies either Facebook or in person, just being me basically not looking for relationships but I already for a few women that want me however I've said I need time to work on me. This is where I need to work on myself. I've been talking with a girl I've dated 11 years ago. We always stayed friends, so last night her 1st cousin who I go to the gym with said "Look Gus, your an awesome guy and you would be perfect for her" So I decided come the new year I'll take a trip out to PA and hang with her for the day. Baby steps and I repeat baby steps, not looking to jump into anything, more or less just build myself back up to where I can talk to women without having any problems.

I ended up getting Gas last night, the attendant walked up to my window and started talking to me in Greek, me being taken back I spoke to him back in Greek. We had a full blown conversation for 25 mins. I felt so proud to be Greek, it's going to be hard for some to understand but when you live here in USA you adjust to the ways of united states, when you back in your country speak the language you get a sense of pride. I said to myself, it would be awesome if I can find someone Greek at least to have conversations in Greek and raise our kids with the ability for them to speak it. Greek people are very passionate, we have a lot of wonderful history something that many don't realize. This girl from PA, she's half Greek half Italian, know very little Greek which I want to teach her the language and take her to Greece to see where her father's mother land is. Her cousin and the rest of the father's side I know them from church or from close friends and they all speak full blown Greek, so there's hope LOL!

Anyway, I took a picture of myself at the gym (Yeah, another dude taking pics of himself at the gym) but I am proud of myself!! Like I said, i'll keep this thread going for hope and updates. Wish me luck!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 PM

Old 12-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Just an update,

Ive been working really hard in the Gym. Since the break up I've dropped 14 pounds and doing very hard circuit training with cardio. I've been going out with friends and just enjoying life the best that I can right now. Just to think it's been over 3 weeks now that I am single and I find the strength more and more everyday to over come. I've been out there talking to ladies either Facebook or in person, just being me basically not looking for relationships but I already for a few women that want me however I've said I need time to work on me. This is where I need to work on myself. I've been talking with a girl I've dated 11 years ago. We always stayed friends, so last night her 1st cousin who I go to the gym with said "Look Gus, your an awesome guy and you would be perfect for her" So I decided come the new year I'll take a trip out to PA and hang with her for the day. Baby steps and I repeat baby steps, not looking to jump into anything, more or less just build myself back up to where I can talk to women without having any problems.

I ended up getting Gas last night, the attendant walked up to my window and started talking to me in Greek, me being taken back I spoke to him back in Greek. We had a full blown conversation for 25 mins. I felt so proud to be Greek, it's going to be hard for some to understand but when you live here in USA you adjust to the ways of united states, when you back in your country speak the language you get a sense of pride. I said to myself, it would be awesome if I can find someone Greek at least to have conversations in Greek and raise our kids with the ability for them to speak it. Greek people are very passionate, we have a lot of wonderful history something that many don't realize. This girl from PA, she's half Greek half Italian, know very little Greek which I want to teach her the language and take her to Greece to see where her father's mother land is. Her cousin and the rest of the father's side I know them from church or from close friends and they all speak full blown Greek, so there's hope LOL!

Anyway, I took a picture of myself at the gym (Yeah, another dude taking pics of himself at the gym) but I am proud of myself!! Like I said, i'll keep this thread going for hope and updates. Wish me luck!
Good work.

I'm just hoping you're not going to Gym more often just because of the past relationship.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,967 Likes on 14,485 Posts
Whatever motivates! Maybe it'll be a lifelong commitment?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
dude glad you are trying to soldier through it. I am doing the same thing. Got into swimming, 4 times a week, lost 10lb and feeling great. It only gets better with time.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
I'm just hoping you're not going to Gym more often just because of the past relationship.
Doesn't matter if he is hitting the gym due to a past relationship. Working out gives you a much better state of mind regardless
Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
I wrote that statement incorrectly, my bad. I meant to say hopefully he's not feeling guilty of himself because he thinks he wasn't 'good enough' physically and therefore he is working out now. Which I don't think you are which makes me wonder what I was smoking that day
Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I dropped 80% of my money to buy her things and take care of her stuff, not anymore.. I put myself last, I held her above all. Mistake number 1, and I was stupid to do so.
Don't let your ability to put the needs of someone ahead of your own be a casualty in this. Selfishness is the enemy of ALL relationships. Period.

Giving to someone like you did, and not having it returned in kind, is what you need to look out for. If its all one sided, its not healthy. If you are enabling bad behavior on her part, then by all means, be on the lookout for that. But you weren't stupid to reach out and care for her. Maybe you took it to far? Maybe she didn't respond in kind? OK, I'd get that. But this is where you become wiser, more attuned to that situation if it happens again. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Don't get me wrong - the "focus on me" think is probably what you need now. But don't carry that into the next relationship. Don't punish the next girl because this one hurt you. Because if you want to be married (successfully), and have a family, placing their needs ahead of yours will be absolutely necessary.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 AM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
You rock bro!

Keep yourself busy with the things you enjoy and forget all about her. With the way things are going for you, the next time you see her I guarantee you she will regret breaking it off with you. And by that time you would have moved on and won't even give her a second thought.

Best of luck!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
We are soup boys.. we dont have choiceuu
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 PM

^^^ LMFAO !!!

desi's in the house !!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
You are a minority. Most relationships don't last that long. I'm on my third wife. My first wife was 17 years old when we met (we were too young), the second 25 (she cheated), and the third was 25. That was almost 10 years ago.
Sooo, there is plenty of time for recovery and readventure until you find a good life partner.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Sounds like you're doing well.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Just an update,

haven't checked into this thread in a while... but i am glad to see how you progressed... one day you will look back and read this thread and laugh at yourself... and if you haven't already burnt the box of her stuff in your attic, you will when you meet the next love of your life... because it will be very easy for you to move on... great work on hitting the gym and setting yourself a goal that you are on the way to achieving... just keep on plugging...

remember you are single and it is always good to mingle... add to that you are bilingual... so i applaud the fact that you are not out there jumping into bed with anyone willing to offer it, but don't be afraid to chat up the cute girl in the bar... at the end of the day, she can go home with a great story and you expanded your network...

have a great holiday buddy and all the best in the new year... u will be fine...
Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Sounds awesome OP. Seems like you're headed down the same path I went down after my first break up: getting in shape and focusing on you. As dumb as it may sound, when you are in your top physical condition, it positively affects your outlook on life, your motivation and self confidence - true story.

Although I do have one suggestion for you, which I failed to do. After you meet the lady of your dreams, try to keep up with the gym.... after meeting my fiance (and started working a 10 hour/day desk job) I went from being 185 to 145, all muscle atrophy.

Last edited by BraveDemon; 12-22-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:20 PM

I think if a relationship ends up not working out, and you can't point out any particular things that you could and should have done differently to create a different outcome, you will repeat history over and over again.

J.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
but don't be afraid to chat up the cute girl in the bar... at the end of the day, she can go home with a great story and you expanded your network...
This worked so well for me. Sure I got rejected sometimes because either the girl is with her boyfriend or the girl was just totally not wanting to talk. But most of the time I had good ass conversation with some girls and it really puts a smile on your face when you drive home that night
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
I hope you're doing well and keeping your head up brother,

I went through something like this, of course i cannot compare to a 9 year relationship as I am 18 going on 19 this month, but I was with someone for 2 1/2 years, someone which i cared deeply about and like you after the break up the only thing that kept me sane was going to the gym... it kept my seratonin levels in balance i feel like...i felt as if my ego had been shattered, what was worse is she broke up with me the day i come home and find my car moved 2 spaces ( hit & run ) anyways..things were rough for the last 6months of it lol and i am very young and niave and like i said before i cannot even compare to the maturity of what your relationship was like... although its been about a year since all that happened and time has healed my pain.. i just hope you keep your head up brother and keep doing you and improving yourself but remember there is nothing wrong with you, you're definitely a good guy and i hope things work out for the best.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Dpat thank you brotha!! I know it's been a while since Ive last updated you guys and boy has a lot happened. I've rejected over 30 somewhat girls and deleted my account to an on-line dating site.. Your probably all wondering why right.. simple not looking for rebounds I'm not that dude. The right women will come along and appreciate it, and nothing set in stone but something good happened last night with very positive results for making this person the one. Your all wondering damn, already sooo soon. I've rejected over 30 girls because they wanted sex, had a lot of crazy fucking issues or wanted to use me. This time around nope, not the nice dude unless your my lady you get treated right.

I'm a very loyal and honest man, any women that takes me next will be completely happy to be with me as long as I find the right one to spoil. Right now, and in fact...I was with someone I really like, we watched a show together cuddled and held hands. Now nothing is written in stone but I feel alive again, happy to feel like I'm needed here on earth as silly as that may sound but digesting 9 years and putting the blame on yourself wasn't exactly comforting.

As far as taking back my ex? No that won't happen I'm a much better man now without her. I see that life has options and there are other women out there that would have loved to be with someone like me. I'm a firm believer in KARMA, I never took back anything Ive given her in 9 years and since she left me with a piss poor excuse, things around her are starting to not seem as planned. Computer took a shit, car is falling apart ect.. ect.. When I was there I did everything for her, took care of all those things, now I'm no longer in the situation. In fact for 9 years I was practically used, though 2 months ago that didn't seem like the case but now with my mind clear I realize I should count my blessings.

We will see where life takes us for the 2012 year all I know with this girl after Valentines Day we will seal the deal from "Friends to Taken" So my outlook for 2012 is to continue working on my body which I am currently at 183.4 pounds and 18% body fat. I'm not stopping intill I hit 12% body fat or less. 2012 is a new year for a lot, time to mature as a person, time for a new job possibly time for all new clothes ect. I'm not holding back this year, I will continue to be me the best way I can and better and look forward to being very happy with this special someone.

Right now I'm just doing me, health and mind. With this girl by my side she's given me more strength that I need to continue forward and see the positive sides of life. It was a really damn tough new year and Christmas but you know what next Christmas and New Year will be much better! I'm flying high right now I hope to stay like this for a while. This is my minor update for now, I can't get into all the details about everything Ive been through since my last post but I will say there still has been ZERO contact on both sides, and it will stay like that. Her loss oh well...
Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

kinda wondered what happened. so happy to hear that you are on your way to much greener pastures and growing from everything. it sounds like you are healing and recovering with a much clearer perspective. that's awesome!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:46 AM

Glad you're doing well...and glad you found someone cool. Don't get too ahead of yourself though. I personally don't believe in the "one" anymore...

In my opinion you find someone that you dig as much as they dig you...and hope you grow together in the same direction.

30 girls, huh....you must be quite the guy...and how did you determine they were all after the wrong thing or just not worthy?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 AM

Glad you're doing well, focusing on your happiness and spending your time with a quality person Gus! Happy New Year Bro!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:59 AM

J quit questioning bro LOL....

an you only get as ahead as you get ahead of yourself <-- i know this is more complicated than meta physics LOL

04WDPSedan: did i tell you this will happen or did i tell you this will happen....rebound aside i did tell you to find the companion who will help you grow....it all roads lead to the route am thinking, you guys have a lot of fun time ahead of you....glad your doing well in all aspect....

btw more about this girl....where did you meet her (plz dont temme the gym as this would freak me out) LOL....
Old 01-20-2012, 12:55 PM

There you go buddy!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Wasn't saying it didn't happen...was just saying GDAM...where the fk is he hanging out that he has that many offers from skanks!

Also, it's different for everyone...after 9 years, I would say that it just feels nice to feel that connection with someone. To find the one you're ready to settle down with, may take a few years. If i'm wrong, I'm even MORE happy for you, just my own experience with getting over someone that was "MY LIFE"...and it was only for 5 years.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Awesome stuff Gus. I've been noticing all of your posts on FB about hitting the gym and stuff. Glad it's going well
Old 01-23-2012, 06:24 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Where do I find these girls? Simple, I posted a picture on Facebook without my shirt on and have 4 abs just about showing next thing you know my fucking phone blows up with all these girls saying "Hey sexxi" or "hey you! How's it been..." I was also on a dating site which I rejected 4 girls and one of them still doesn't understand it ain't going to happen... I'm doing me right now, working on my body hard and spending a lot of time with this girl. I took her down the shore to my parents home, we ended up cuddling and feel asleep next to each other... We woke up and umm yeah lol I just looked into her beautiful eyes moved in very close and we both just went for it. Ha! Ahhh life is great right now. My ex.. yup not even a damn thought in my mind.

To answer how did I determine if they weren't worth the time simple they never once cared to know who I really was before posting that picture now all of a sudden they want to "know" me. Nothing but sex on their end, and that is something I made very clear to all of them, not looking for rebounds... All I can do is just keep looking forward to a better day than the last day.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 01-23-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Awesome stuff Gus. I've been noticing all of your posts on FB about hitting the gym and stuff. Glad it's going well
Thanks bro! GTL man GTL!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:30 AM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
No T for me, just GL

I'm really happy for you man, it sounds like everything is working out!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:49 AM

^^^I can attest to that.

lol...

Great to hear it, man. So just have some abs and they come a flockin, huh?! I guess since I relied more on my personality and sense of humor it made it harder to convey in pictures on myspace, or facebook. Plus, I don't have a six pack
BUt I'm with you, met my current fiancee on match.com.

J.
04WDPSeDaN (01-24-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 11:46 AM

^^^ a good body helps the girl to think "oooh he takes care of himself hence he might take care of me"

hence the whole approach is made easier.....i used to rely only on pick up lines and then humor from there which works....but once i started hitting the gym and wearing tight tshirts, i was approached at times as well....and when i approached the chics, it was easy to make conversation....
04WDPSeDaN (01-24-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by swoosh
a good body helps the girl to think "oooh he takes care of himself, I wonder if he's gay?"

hence the whole approach is made easier.....i used to rely only on pick up lines and then humor from there which works....but once i started hitting the gym and wearing tight tshirts, i was approached at times as well....and when i approached the chics, it was easy to make conversation.... because they thought I was gay
fixed.

Joking aside.. this is true in many regions.

Also, if a girl needs you to take care of her, she's not the one brohams.
04WDPSeDaN (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Hey this thread turned out pretty good. Definitely ended up positive. 04WDP at least there isn't a child and a custody case involved. My HS tore me a new one. Loooong story. But anywho glad it's all working out!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 AM

With such a big turn of the tides, you can one day advise those that were in the same situation as you.

And maybe you could direct them to this thread as proof
The following 2 users liked this post by mdkxtreme:
04WDPSeDaN (01-24-2012), Acura_Dude (01-24-2012)

Quick Reply: After 9 years, I think it's over.