Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Advice about Semi-Sophisticated whore

Old 05-11-2006, 01:51 AM
I keeps it real

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Advice about Semi-Sophisticated whore

I guess this is the best title; I'm not sure how else to describe it so here goes.

I recently met this gorgeous but typical Arizona girl. By typical I mean, hot, blond, flirty and used to lots of guy attention. After a brief conversation i learned she was originally from Oregon but attended ASU and stayed for a career post grad.

With Oregon in common and her being hot as hell, I decided to give her my number (just part of my weird game - I never ask for numbers - passive aggressive role has always worked great for me ) Anyway, she started calling and we had been having amazing phone conversations for about a week. We'd talk and laugh for hours about all kinds of shit and were clicking extremely well. She eventually started telling me how much she liked me over the phone towards the end of the first week of talking

Fast forward another week of this and our schedules finally sinc for us to meet up for a good night of drinking. I show up alone to meet her and her friends at a bar in Tempe the other night. This is the first real time we had spent together in person and it went really well. We laughed and had drinks for the first 30 minutes or so and everything couldnt have been better. After about that time, she looks at me and says "shit, i just got a call from some friends, actually, more like aquantances who think im their friend and are comming to join us tonight. So bare with me as ill have a few randoms in our group to entertain in a little bit."

No problem I say, the more the marrier. So the night continued as it was until this serious looking (and ugly IMO) asian guy was staring at me over her shoulder from accross the room. Her back was to him and she hadnt seen him yet.

Eventually, she turns around and sees him. She waves, tells me to hold on and walks over to him. She was over there for at least 15 minutes so meanwhile I continue drinking and bullshitting with her friends - who i also was hitting it off very well with.

15 minutes later, she walks over and introduces him quickly and reverts back to a conversation they were already in. Feeling like C in an AB convo, i go back to drinking and laughing with her friends. She joins in about 10 minutes later and gives me the scoop on him. This time she gives me a different story. He is a dude who got her number recently and took her on a date. She was making fun of him about the date and said it was awkward and she wasnt into him but she wasnt sure how to brush him off. She told him where she was at and he invited himself to show up.

This story was nothing like the first that she told me but whatever, the one constant is that she wasnt in to him. While were together laughing with her friends, hes still sitting there waiting on a chair about 10 feet away for her to come back. Eventually, she tells me to hold on and walks back to him. I continue drinking and hangin with the friends until about 5 minutes later I look over and he has his legs wrapped around her with him sitting - her standing - and hes got a serious embrace with his tongue down her throught.

Totally disgusted and confused, I start planning my exit. I checked my phone and sure enough there was a text message I hadnt noticed from her earlier. I return it and just say "im going to roll before i shouldnt be driving"

Somehow, in this loud ass bar, she heard the text and stopped kissing him to check it. She reads it and walks over to me smiling as if nothing was wrong. Disgusted, the only words I could muster were "I'm out, ill catch up with you later." She smiles and says call me. WTF!

Anyway, I get an email from her tonight that says "whats up stranger?" and thats it.

So heres where I need AZ. What should I say in response that will do two things.

1. Keep me in control instead of being the needy persuer who got dissed.
2. Make her understand that I dont play that shit without appearing to be the jealous chump who got dissed.

I would usually write this off as her loss but shes hot, a masters student, from oregon and we have a ton of shit in common. I'd venture to say I like her and dont want to lose her.

shit, gotta run, I just got a call to meet someone im seeing for a few drinks. Ill post pics of the whore and cliffs when i get back.

Hopefully theres no huge grammar or spelling errors. ...no tim to proofread, gotta go
Old 05-11-2006, 03:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
It was me!! I was that asian guy at the bar, screw u!! haha, jk

Seems like you answered your own question with your title. .."sophisticated whore"
Do you really see yourself dating a whore? Looks like you are looking for more than just a quick lay since you mentioned the things you had in common and etc. I think you should just move on and find some new girls, perhaps even her friends. =)

I wouldn't email her back, just pretend like you never got it. And if she calls, you can jokingly bring it up like...so I see u enjoy makin out with people you don't like or soemthin like that. Hope that helps!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Well if you want to pursue any form of relationship, its best to tell her your feelings, unfiltered about what happened.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:41 AM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
Old 05-11-2006, 05:21 AM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by Mizouse
Yeah yeah, this is her myspace. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...c-d0c1f61b6647

I just got home from the bar and sure enough, theres a new message from her. This one says;

Subject: ????
Body: you not talking to me any more?

Should I respond? I do like her and want to see where this goes but Im not the type to write that kinda thing off.

To complicate things, I had a pretty awsome night out tonight with a girl i've been interested/seeing for a lil bit but she's at the bitter end of a relationship with a raging psycho. I respect her way too much to swoop in while she's so vulnerable and frankely, i enjoy just being the number 1 guy she trusts in her life. I'd gladely keep it platonic with her as I know we have a lifelong friendship in the works and my time will come later.

In the meantime, the dumb girl is available and definitely worth while - if this whole situation wouldnt have happened. What to do, what to do.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:27 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by GoDucksCLSPride
I would usually write this off as her loss but shes hot, a masters student, from oregon and we have a ton of shit in common. I'd venture to say I like her and dont want to lose her.
So let me get this straight:
1. You went out on a date, to which she invited people over (or she otherwise agreed to meet them at the place) without really telling you.
2. To this date, she "invited" some other guy she was technically still dating.
3. In the course of such date, your date frenched another guy.

And although your date was essentially going out with two guys at the same time, at the same place, in front of you, you still want to pursue her?

Think of how she'll act if you two continue on and get involved. Would you really be able to feel that she is not fucking other guys behind your back? I know I wouldn't.

You seem to be a really laid back, friendly guy, which is cool (judging by how you reacted in the situation and with her friends). If it was me, inviting other people to a date and not telling me when we made the plans to go out would have made me uncomfortable. Having her go talk to another guy for 15 minutes would have made me mad. Having her kiss another dude while I'm still there would have made me walk out without even telling her.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:37 AM
I keeps it real

^^yeah, I feel what you're saying but it wasnt quite as digestable as that. Us meeting up was not a date. Although she had expressed several times that she liked me, we were meeting casually to "kick it" for her friends birthday. Jokingly, I told her if that night worked out, i was going to take her on a date she would never forget. This was just a prelude to the date to determine that we were more than phone compatable.

Since it was her buddy's b-day, technically, his invite was out of her control. I think someone else had to do with him inviting himself. What was in her control was how she reacted to me and him her actions therafter. That is where I fault her but I find myself believing that maybe i was holding myself to my own expactations of what is. It wasnt a date so Im not sure if I really have the power to place parameters on her actions.

Hell, i dont know.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoDucks -

First of I hate myspace, I dont even have an account there, but with the fact i wanted to see more pictures of this girl I signed up lol....

Anywaysss.....The way I look at it and I hate to say this to you, but your probably just 1 guy out of a 100 this girl has on the hook.

And personally she don't look at that great, IMO you can do alot better.

Come on she just showed you her true side, you spend hrs talking on the phone, she tells you how much she likes you bla bla bla, but yet a guy she supposely is not into shes messing with infront of your face..and comes back like it was no big deal....

You want my take, fuck her and move on.....Long term I just can't see anything come good out of it, especially for you.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:17 AM
That's Racist

I dont' understand what's got you sprung up on this girl so much. I agree with whoever said you should have walked out without a single word as soon as she started making out with the other dude.

and a creepy quiet asian dude @ that.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Interesting Andrew.. her hometown is right next to where my folks live (Medford)
Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
I don't think you should bother pursuing her. My thoughts are that if you like a woman enough, are interested in a relationship with her, and respect her, you wouldn't call her the name that you used to describe her. Would you want to date and be connected her someone whom you described as such? I mean, that could potentially be your GF, and those are your thoughts of her. Why would you want to date someone for whom you appear to have no respect (and possibly vice-versa)? Personally, I think when you find someone you truly want to date, you'll have more complimentary things to say about her.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Run away. Quickly. Let her know that not only was she rude to you (well duh) it was kinda rude to be making out with a guy in front of her friends and that youre not the kind of person to accept that.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:39 AM
04 remembrance

There was this girl who always hooked up with my suitemate, but always made aggressive moves towards me when he was having conversations with other people. Of course I knew her intention, blew her off numerous times, and continued with whatever I was doing, but this girl was persistent as hell. Annoying as hell as well...

From how I see it, it seems like the semi-sophisticated whore is transparent just like the girl I knew. It's easy to spot her genuine character and no matter how "hot" she may be, you'll regret having a relationship with her. If you want to be an ass, just hit and run then forget.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:49 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I get the whore part of the title, but I'm still trying to figure out the sophisticated part
Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
I don't think you should bother pursuing her. My thoughts are that if you like a woman enough, are interested in a relationship with her, and respect her, you wouldn't call her the name that you used to describe her. Would you want to date and be connected her someone whom you described as such? I mean, that could potentially be your GF, and those are your thoughts of her. Why would you want to date someone for whom you appear to have no respect (and possibly vice-versa)? Personally, I think when you find someone you truly want to date, you'll have more complimentary things to say about her.
She made out with some other dude right in front of him and you are bitching HIM out about not saying nice things about her
Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 AM
I keeps it real

^^masters student with a triple major undergrad.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
You know, your advice always sucks when there is anything remotely inflamatory with the thread starters story. Time after time you focus on whatever is inflamatory and then let that be the basis for your suggestions. The rest of the situation is often moot - as it is in your suggestion above. lol your advice purely had to do with the word "whore" and mentioned nothing other indicating you even read the story.

Quit being such an oversensitive woman. There is often a much larger bowl of soup in these threads but you consistantly fail to digest it once you see a turd floating in it.

Were men, eat the turd and get on with the soup dammit.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by F900
GoDucks -

First of I hate myspace, I dont even have an account there, but with the fact i wanted to see more pictures of this girl I signed up lol....

Anywaysss.....The way I look at it and I hate to say this to you, but your probably just 1 guy out of a 100 this girl has on the hook.

And personally she don't look at that great, IMO you can do alot better.

Come on she just showed you her true side, you spend hrs talking on the phone, she tells you how much she likes you bla bla bla, but yet a guy she supposely is not into shes messing with infront of your face..and comes back like it was no big deal....

You want my take, fuck her and move on.....Long term I just can't see anything come good out of it, especially for you.
She definitely has the personality to be stringing on several guys and i could be just one of the schmoes. The problem is I feel like I have failed somehow and she took the control away. i hate that and refuse to let it happen.

I feel like I cant be satisfied until I have her bent over my desk screaming my name with my computer open to this thread and a live feed to Acurazine. Nobody fucks with el guapo

Oh and I replied to her second message last night.:

Date: May 11, 2006 4:43 AM
Subject: RE: ????
Body: Am I wrong to think that you making out with a dude in front of me means you've said everything you wanted to say to me already?

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: May 11, 2006 12:19 AM

you not talking to me any more?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:28 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
You know, your advice always sucks when there is anything remotely inflamatory with the thread starters story. Time after time you focus on whatever is inflamatory and then let that be the basis for your suggestions. The rest of the situation is often moot - as it is in your suggestion above. lol your advice purely had to do with the word "whore" and mentioned nothing other indicating you even read the story.

Quit being such an oversensitive woman. There is often a much larger bowl of soup in these threads but you consistantly fail to digest it once you see a turd floating in it.

Okay, so go and happily date someone you consider a wh*re! I'm sure your friends and family will admire you for feeling such love for her.
My point was -- why date someone you feel that way about? Would you want someone like that as your GF? Usually people have nicer things to say about someone they're interested in. And if you choose to date someone like that, you're showing how much you respect yourself too (therefore, you're only as good or as bad as what you feel about her actions - cuz you're accepting it).
Old 05-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts
Forget her. True, she likes you but she doesn't like you enough to care about your feelings.

If a girl genuinely likes someone she recently met, she won't do anything that might jeopardize a possible relationship in the future.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:55 AM
I keeps it real

her newest message below and my reply above.

Date: May 11, 2006 9:52 AM
Subject: RE: RE: RE: ????
Body: We are/were friends and it was cool to meet you. However, you werent completely honest with me, as you said, and that made for an awkward and uninspiring first night out.

You initially told me that some people you werent really feeling would be joining us later. That "people" turned into one person and then the story evolves into a guy you are dating but arent particulary interested in.

That evolves to you two making out in front of me despite you claiming minutes before - you didnt like him.

Im not your boyfriend nor a jealous person by any means. This isnt any of that talking. Rather, you sugar coating the situation instead of telling me how it was with him made for an awkward night that would have been better spent at home.

Please dont mistake this as jealousy or being dramatic. Thats not my intention. I would have just appreciated you being honest with me.

So that is my "no reason" and im not mad - hard to be mad at someone you barely know. Im just not sure if a repeat of this is necessary. Life is great since I moved out here - why kill it with awkward annoying situations. Feel me?

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: May 11, 2006 9:24 AM

well I thought we were friends. it was cool to finally meet you and have you come out. when jeremy showed up i was honest with you and told you we were kinda dating. he's not my boyfriends or anything but neither are you. i don't understamnd why you are acting so wierd? the ball is in your court. if your that mad for no reason then i won't talk to you any more k?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Good response. I say drop her like a hot rock.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

Chalk one up for the asian guys....

Dude....think of her as a drinking buddy....if you are serious about her...you need to make a move and sew it up...if not...whatever, you cant be mad at a girl who likes to party. Those are the best chicks to be with at a bar....they hook you up with lots of other girls.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Suzuka Master

I would say "Well I know it's ASU and all but you're a grad student...shouldn't you be smart enough to figure out why I'm not talking to you?"

Of course this might mean you're on the dreaded "friend ladder." Did you ever touch her or talk sexually with her? I would know about the friend ladder because I used to end up on it a lot

EDIT: Just read the msgs. Just friends huh? Been there, done that. Good reply though. Let us know what she comes back with, if anything.

Last edited by Mike97 3.0P; 05-11-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
Chalk one up for the asian guys....

Dude....think of her as a drinking buddy....if you are serious about her...you need to make a move and sew it up...if not...whatever, you cant be mad at a girl who likes to party. Those are the best chicks to be with at a bar....they hook you up with lots of other girls.
asian guys = 1
me = 99

But yeah I feel you. She is a kick and the pants to hang out with and lotsa fun at the bars. She would make a great friend but I feel like she dissed me up front. So now im trying to salvage the situation without giving the control to her. Well see when/if she replies.

Oh and Thanks Ken
Old 05-11-2006, 11:14 AM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by Mike97 3.0P
I would say "Well I know it's ASU and all but you're a grad student...shouldn't you be smart enough to figure out why I'm not talking to you?"

Of course this might mean you're on the dreaded "friend ladder." Did you ever touch her or talk sexually with her? I would know about the friend ladder because I used to end up on it a lot

EDIT: Just read the msgs. Just friends huh? Been there, done that. Good reply though. Let us know what she comes back with, if anything.
That was the frist time we had really hung out so we were friends at that point yes. But the first 30 minutes of our "hangin out" was an obvious expression of how interested we were in each other. She was grabbin my ass and holding my hand and what not. IMO, she cant use that excuse once she makes obvious motions of moving beyond it.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 630 Likes on 280 Posts
stick it in her bum.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Attention-loving whore

Ok, ok maybe she's just "flirty and outgoing and playful."

Maybe she treats all her "friends" very well
Old 05-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Shoulda grabbed one of her friends and started making out with them...
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
That was the frist time we had really hung out so we were friends at that point yes. But the first 30 minutes of our "hangin out" was an obvious expression of how interested we were in each other. She was grabbin my ass and holding my hand and what not. IMO, she cant use that excuse once she makes obvious motions of moving beyond it.
You should have ignored her e-mail in the first place until she called you or you had a chance to see her in person. Now she thinks that you are jealous (when she said that he's not my boyfriend but neither r u). But...looking at her myspace, I would have ignored any contact with her from the wayyy beginning.

Dont waste your time on this, there are PLENTY of other girls out in arizona that won't bring you any complications.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by SwervinCL
Shoulda grabbed one of her friends and started making out with them...
that would have been a killer move...
Old 05-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Drifting

^^masters student with a triple major undergrad.
doesn't mean she's sophisticated. I mean, I have a law degree and I am the biggest country bumpkin you'll ever see. In fact, the way she seems to treat you makes me think she is ignorant about how she acts and the way it makes other people feel.

I would drop it and move on. If she's into you, let her show it by not macking with some other guy in front of you.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
She's horny and wants all the cock she can get. That much is obvious. So it doesn't matter if she really likes you or not. You can hang out with her to drink and stuff, but DO NOT let her get sexual with you at all!! She's blown that chance.

Are her friends hot and have good personalities that mesh with yours? You said you got along with them. Maybe one of them would make a good date.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:23 PM
That's Racist

:ibshefindsoutaboutazineanddramaeruptsbecauseyouca lledherawhore:
Old 05-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

skanky bishes.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,798 Likes on 13,981 Posts
Well, since she's a write-off with most people here, can we have pics posted since GoDucks won't pursue a life of devotion and happiness with her?
Old 05-11-2006, 05:54 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
:ibshefindsoutaboutazineanddramaeruptsbecauseyouca lledherawhore:
It's been kind of slow around here lately.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Suzuka Master

what she said is true though. if you like her so much, you wouldn't be calling her a whore even though she probably deserves it.

and since she likes to swap saliva w/ guys she doesn't like, as she claims, she's not worth your time in a serious way. sounds like she's the type that you can have some causal fun w/ but nothing to take home about.

so depending on what you're looking for, you know which option to choose
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Yikes is that crazy lookin asian guy that looks like he's 39 in one of the pics the one you were talking about?

I think u can do a lot better in the looks dept, judging by what you've posted in the past.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:32 AM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
Man dont waste your time with that girl.

Quick Reply: Advice about Semi-Sophisticated whore