Superbowl and Baby Back ribs

Old 02-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Superbowl and Baby Back ribs

There are few meals for a Superbowl Sunday which exceed baby back ribs on the grill. And that's what's for dinner in my home today. Here's what I do (2 people).

Buy the best rack of baby backs you can find. Costco has excellent vacuum packed baby back ribs.

For the grill, get a wicker wire shaker basket from Lowe's or Home Depot. These baskets are usually used for shrimp, vegetables, or such to shake on the grill, and are made from chrome steel. About 1 foot square and 4 inches deep.

For the dry rub and basting sause, the absolute best packaged product I have ever used is Bone Sucking Sause (and their dry rub product). This stuff is not to be believed, it is that good. I advise using their "Hot" sause. It may say "Hot", but when you spread it on the meat while cooking, it is not hot at all.

Now for the goodies.

o Cut a rack of ribs in half and put both on an aluminum cookie sheet meat side up.
o Sprinkle a generous amount of the dry rub all over the meat side.
o Cover with aluminum foild and let sit in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.

o Place the shaker basket on your gril upside down and preheat on the lowest temperature (if gas).
o After about 6-7 minutes, spray the basket with Pam (or such) and place the ribs on the basket, meat side up.
o Using a stop watch (or over timer) cook for 18 minutes (20 if cold out) on the first side.
o Turn and cook for 17 minutes on the second side (18 if cold).
o Remove the ribs thoroughly baste both sides then return to the grill meat side up for 5 minutes.
o Remove and baste both sides again, then back on the grill for another 5 minutes.

That's it for great ribs. But it's all in the Bone Sucking sause.. there is no better.