Share Some Chicken Recipes?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,393 Likes on 4,938 Posts
Share Some Chicken Recipes?

I feel as though I have run out of easy chicken recipes. I dont have all the time in the world, nor am I a great cook, but I do enjoy it. My diet consists mostly of chicken due to my Crohns disease limiting my choices.

Anyone have some quick and easy recipes theyd like to share?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,196 Posts
I've got a serious craving for Buffalo wings that I'm going to take care of this weekend. Just need to figure out what sauce I want to use
http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsauce...by-step-guide/
Old 03-10-2011, 07:54 PM

I havent made wings in a looooooong time. I forgot how to make them. Thanks for the link!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 PM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright, I'm gonna give you my mom's recipe for chicken coating, hand-written on a 3 x 5 card from 1996. I have found it to work best for thighs and legs. Just to let you know, I've been trying to perfect a fried chicken recipe for quite some time. It's truly an art to get really good fried chicken and when I compared this recipe to others, I literally gave up and went with this one. It's perfect. This is for BAKED chicken but you will swear it's fried. I grew up on this recipe and I learned the hard way that you just can't change perfection. It's also great for wings. Just don't cook them as long and add the hot sauce after they are cooked.

Buy a regular pack of 6 thighs. I personally like Purdue, but you can certainly use any brand you like. (You can use any piece you like, but the recipe is for about 6 to 8 pieces unless your cooking wings.)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Use a thermometer if you are doubtful of the temperature. It's really important to have 375.

Get a cookie sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Lightly oil the foil with Pam cooking spray or lightly grease it or oil it.

Melt 1/3 cup of margarine or butter, then add 1/3 cup of oil. Peanut, vegetable or corn oil are fine. I've used olive oil and I liked that too. Let it cool slightly.

Combine the following-
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
2 Tsp Paprika ( I use sweet Hungarian)
1 Tsp garlic salt
1 Tsp Marjoram- (if you don't have it, go buy it. It's mandatory.)

Roll chicken pieces in butter/oil mixture, then the flour mixture. Put the chicken skin-side down on the cookie sheet. Bake for 35 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 20 minutes or until a nice brown crispy skin is achieved. You can use the drippings for gravy if you want.

I'm tellin' ya, the kids come over and mob my chicken when I make this recipe.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:52 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by doopstr
I've got a serious craving for Buffalo wings that I'm going to take care of this weekend. Just need to figure out what sauce I want to use
http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsauce...by-step-guide/
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
I havent made wings in a looooooong time. I forgot how to make them. Thanks for the link!

wings and cars all in the same place
http://www.thelube.com/main.html?utm...ign=SplashPage
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,465 Likes on 3,059 Posts
One of my favs,

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...en-106252.aspx

I use this dressing instead instead of the SD Tomato Dressing

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/Products...uct=2100000282
Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 AM

Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Originally Posted by Cruz_msl
Alright, I'm gonna give you my mom's recipe for chicken coating, hand-written on a 3 x 5 card from 1996. I have found it to work best for thighs and legs. Just to let you know, I've been trying to perfect a fried chicken recipe for quite some time. It's truly an art to get really good fried chicken and when I compared this recipe to others, I literally gave up and went with this one. It's perfect. This is for BAKED chicken but you will swear it's fried. I grew up on this recipe and I learned the hard way that you just can't change perfection. It's also great for wings. Just don't cook them as long and add the hot sauce after they are cooked.

Buy a regular pack of 6 thighs. I personally like Purdue, but you can certainly use any brand you like. (You can use any piece you like, but the recipe is for about 6 to 8 pieces unless your cooking wings.)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Use a thermometer if you are doubtful of the temperature. It's really important to have 375.

Get a cookie sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Lightly oil the foil with Pam cooking spray or lightly grease it or oil it.

Melt 1/3 cup of margarine or butter, then add 1/3 cup of oil. Peanut, vegetable or corn oil are fine. I've used olive oil and I liked that too. Let it cool slightly.

Combine the following-
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
1 Tsp garlic salt

Roll chicken pieces in butter/oil mixture, then the flour mixture. Put the chicken skin-side down on the cookie sheet. Bake for 35 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 20 minutes or until a nice brown crispy skin is achieved. You can use the drippings for gravy if you want.

Noted. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

I like to grill breasts. I marinate 4-6 breasts in 2 small cans of:

Along with (to taste):

Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder (2-4 teaspoons)
Cumin (2-4 teaspoons)
Cilantro if you like it
Chopped onions if you like them

Marinate in a zip lock for 24-48 hours and grill. I have a three burner gas so I set it Low, Medium and High and cook the chix on the low plate with the lid down. 10 minutes per side no peeking and they are perfect when they come off.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
One of the better things I do with chicken, three or four breasts and salsa, any salsa. Set in foil on a bake pan/sheet, pour salsa over for about 20 minutes in a 350 oven. Top with cheese or sour cream if you wish.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020
I like to grill breasts. I marinate 4-6 breasts in 2 small cans of:

Along with (to taste):

Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder (2-4 teaspoons)
Cumin (2-4 teaspoons)
Cilantro if you like it
Chopped onions if you like them

Marinate in a zip lock for 24-48 hours and grill. I have a three burner gas so I set it Low, Medium and High and cook the chix on the low plate with the lid down. 10 minutes per side no peeking and they are perfect when they come off.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by friesm2000
Nipple.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 PM

Combine the following-
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
1 Tsp garlic salt

Might try this out this weekend

Nipple.

I like the two salsa recipes too. Seems easy, Ill have to try that out during the week.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

The El Pato is like liquid gold. You could douse chicken parts in a pyrex dish in it and bake for however long you bake chicken for, too. Would be awesome.

Meat plus El Pato = Win.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:08 PM
I Skydive, Therefore I Am

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roasting a chicken is about as easy as it gets, but there are a few things you can do to make it more interesting.

Here is what I do, it is based on a couple of different recipes, but mainly Jamie Oliver's in "Jamie's Dinners" (I think.):

1 Whole Fryer Chicken 4 to 5lbs
1 lemon
1 bulb of garlic (yes the whole thing.)
1lb of Red or Yukon Gold potatoes
2 large Red Onions
1lb or so Baby Carrots
2 bulbs of Fennel
Rosemary
Coarse Kosher Salt
Ground Pepper
Olive Oil

1. Heat your oven to 375F, be sure there is a rack in the middle. Bring water to boil in a small sauce pan, enough water to submerge the lemon and garlic. Break apart the garlic bulb, but do not peel the individual cloves. Once the water is boiling drop the lemon and garlic in for 12 minutes.

2. Cut the potatoes into 2 inch chunks, with peel on and put them into a roasting pan. I typically put them one either side lengthwise.

3. Put the baby carrots into the middle of the pan, you'll be setting the chicken on top of them.

4. Quarter the Onion and Fennel, lay them with the potatoes.

5. Drizzle the lot with olive oil, be sure to coat evenly. You can add salt and pepper at this stage, however I never do. I don't know if I can recommend it, as a lot of the salt will run off the chicken.

6. Remove the leaves from several sprigs of rosemary. I love the taste of rosemary, so I use 5 or 6 large sprigs. Spread out the leaves evenly over the veggies.

7. Pour about 2 tablespoons of salt and pepper into a bowl. Drench the salt and pepper with olive oil.

8. Set the chicken into the middle of the roasting pan. Remove anything inside the cavity. Liberally coat the chicken with the salt, pepper and olive oil mixture, be sure to get the legs. You can put some under the skin on the breasts, but be warned, it can make them a bit salty.

9. Once the lemon and garlic has boiled for 12 minutes remove them. Put the garlic into the chicken's cavity first. Carefully, poke several holes in the lemon with a knife, then shove it in after the garlic. It probably will not fit all the way, that is just fine.

10. Put the works into your heated oven, at 375F, and let it go for 1hr 15 minutes (for a 4.5lb bird. A 5lb bird will be closer to 1hr 23 minutes.

11. After the bird is done, take out the lemon and squeeze it where ever you think it would taste good. I generally douse the whole chicken with it. The garlic, there are two things you can do with it. Save it for the table, and let your guests do what they will, or smear the garlic over the chicken and veggies yourself. Some people like to eat the roasted cloves whole too, so I do save a few for the table in any case.

I have yet to receive a complaint about my roasted chicken. It is a very easy prep, and you can feed a lot of people with it. If you have a bunch of onion lovers, then add more onions. Don't like fennel? Then just remove it. It's all good. The only downside is that the dark meat does not get infused with the garlic or lemon flavors. However, I don't know of too many recipes that do a good job of treating it anyway.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

^Sounds awesome!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 PM

^ That does. My mouth is watering reading it.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 AM
My Member is Registered

Canopy- I love fennel and Rosemary, that recipe sounds really really good.

Here's another chicken recipe from my mom's secret recipe box. It's labeled, "My favorite", and now I understand why. Although it's not the most simple recipe, I just tried it this weekend for the first time and everyone that ate this swears it was the best chicken they have ever had. It's a really unique mixture of flavors that I can't describe and that's why I think everyone liked it so much.

Mustard Chicken Breasts (Total prep and cook time should be about an hour.)

YOU WILL NEED:
9x13 glass baking dish- a Pyrex one is good if you have it.
4 boned split chicken breasts (pound them out a little so they are a uniform thickness)
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/4 TBSP Dijon mustard
3/4 Tsp Lee & Perrine Worcestershire sauce
2 or 3 cloves of garlic, rough chopped or sliced
2 cups English Muffin crumbs (I used my blender to chop them, a food processor will be better.)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
Salt to taste- (I used 1/4 tsp and it was fine.)

Here we go...

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small skillet, combine the Butter, garlic, mustard and Worcestershire. Cook this over medium heat (about two minutes) then blend in a blender or food processor. Set aside in a bowl or dish that you will later use for dipping the breasts.

In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan and salt.

Dip the breasts in the butter mix, then the crumb mix. Put them in the baking dish and then pour all of the left over bread crumbs over the breasts, then the rest of the butter mix.

Bake this uncovered for 15 minutes and turn. Bake for another 20.

SOMEONE PLEASE COOK THIS!!! It's so damn good.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I'll have to get the recipe when I get home from work, but my wife makes an easy form of chicken enchiladas. She makes them the night before so all I have to do is put them in the oven
Old 03-19-2011, 03:52 PM
My Member is Registered

Combine the following-
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
1 Tsp garlic salt

Old 03-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Team Owner

Damn, that baked chicken looks good.

BTW, my Buffalo wings came out great with the Frank's RedHot and butter.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:21 PM

That looks tasty.

Im going to try making that tomorrow. Need to go to the store.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Team Owner

This looks , plus he shows you how to break down a chicken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxEhH6MPH28
Old 03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
My Member is Registered

The thing that I always got incorrect was the temperature- notice that he said to keep the frying temp at about 305-310? That's correct! Start the frying process at 350 and let the oil cool while you cook it. Very important. Good post Doopstr!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

This is in the oven right now...

Thanks Cruz!

Combine the following-
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
1 Tsp garlic salt

Old 03-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Bent = #1

This is in the oven right now...

Thanks Cruz!
I'm trying it Tuesday.. let us know how it goes!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Well, I cooked 4 thighs and 3 drumsticks.

I just ate 6 friggin pieces of chicken. Clearly, either it was good or I mistakenly used heroin in it.

I am so full right now...

One thing I did that I will correct next time is that the flour mixture looked a little sparse after the rolling/coating part so I sprinkled more of it onto the pieces once they were on the baking sheet. Next time I will leave well enough alone.

This one is a keeper and is simple to make, too.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 AM
My Member is Registered

I just ate 6 friggin pieces of chicken. Clearly, either it was good or I mistakenly used heroin in it.

One thing I did that I will correct next time is that the flour mixture looked a little sparse after the rolling/coating part so I sprinkled more of it onto the pieces once they were on the baking sheet. Next time I will leave well enough alone.

that's awesome! Glad you liked it
Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Bent = #1

Fatty
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

that's awesome! Glad you liked it

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
Fatty
:lardbutt: <---- Me.

Truthfully, I exercised like a banshee this weekend, so I felt less bad about it, but it was still very indulgent.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,859 Likes on 14,004 Posts
Nice recipes!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Bent = #1

Combine the following-
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
1 Tsp garlic salt

In the oven now!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:21 PM

^ Ill be making it tomorrow. I was going to make it today but I took out breasts instead of thighs and legs. Cant wait!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:37 PM

Combine the following-
1 cup of flour
1 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp ground pepper
1 Tsp garlic salt

Did this tonight, came out pretty good. Plus, I have leftovers!

Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 01:02 AM
My Member is Registered

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Did this tonight, came out pretty good. Plus, I have leftovers!

Thanks
That's great that you tried the recipe, glad you enjoyed it! Now I'm waiting for hornyleprechaun to chime in and give

Last edited by Cruz_msl; 03-26-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:28 AM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Shouldnt this be in the popeyes thread?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 PM

No!

Old 03-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Team Owner

Cruz chicken = win!

Maybe next week I will try the fried chicken from the video I posted.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
In the oven now!
Sigh I messed my chicken up.. put way to much of the flour mix on the chicken. Next time putting a lot less on!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
That's great that you tried the recipe, glad you enjoyed it! Now I'm waiting for hornyleprechaun to chime in and give
I'm planning on trying it as soon as I can find some Marjoram. Any problem doing this with breast instead?

Quick Reply: Share Some Chicken Recipes?