Rib Recipes

Old 09-02-2004, 01:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Rib Recipes

Anyone got any good ones?

Ones for the oven, for the grill, and for a smoker?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:55 PM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Ribs Are Done

I can't believe nobody posted. I AM THE RIB MASTA! This is a recipe stolen from Nick Iodoni's house of ribs in Ocean City MD.

NOTE: This is a six-hour gig, so plan ahead.

Get some baby back ribs. Usually two or three racks will do.
1 big tin foil baking dish, the deep one for turkeys or one of the big deep rectangle ones.
1 six pack of your favorite beer
1 pack of good tin foil, the wide heavy duty thick stuff
Liquid smoke (hickory flavor) found by the BBQ sauces
powdered ginger
powdered garlic
powdered white pepper
Stubbs brand BBQ sauce, or some other good thick sauce

STEP 1: Fill the bottom of the baking dish with about one inch of water, add two teaspoons of liquid smoke.

STEP 2: Open one beer, lift it to your face and pour some into your mouth. Keep doing this until the beer is completely gone. (This is essential for the cooking process.)

STEP 3: Take some tin foil, bundle it up and make small "logs" so that the ribs won't touch the water, but also don't make the ribs sick out of the pan. The idea is to just create a shelf for the ribs so they do not sit in the water at all. Place the ribs into the pan, making sure that they fit well.

STEP 4: Turn the oven onto 250 degrees. Yes, 250.

STEP 5: Season the hell out of the ribs (both sides) with ground ginger and garlic powder. I mean cake it on there. Also put on a fair amount of white pepper but don't go ape-shit with it.

STEP 6: Repeat step 2.

STEP 7: Place the seasoned ribs back into the baking dish. THIS IS THE REALLY IMPORTANT PART: You will create a sealed container using the foil. Use two long single sheets of foil leaving a good amount on both ends. You will go lengthwise with the foil, covering the pan. You should only have two pieces of foil to do the whole job. Starting at one end, curve under and pinch the foil around the edges of the pan, making sure to over-lap the two pieces in the middle so that you can pinch those pieces together after you get done with the sides. The idea is to completely seal in the steam created by the water in the pan so pinch it tightly and seal it well.

STEP 8: Because you do not want to splash the ribs with water and rinse off the seasonings, carefully and -slowly- place the ribs into the pre-heated oven. Check the time. You should cook the ribs for about 4-5 hours. (When they are done the meat will almost fall right off the bones.)

STEP 9: Take the ribs out, set the whole thing aside and go fire up the grill. CAREFULLY uncover the ribs again, watching out for escaping steam that will most certainly burn you.

STEP 10: Repeat step 2.

STEP 11: Totally drench the ribs in BBQ sauce and grill them tasty little bastards on medium heat. Try not to break them apart when flipping them. Don't burn the sauce, just get it to carmalize. Repeat as needed.

DIG-IN!

*NOTE: Any remaining beer is to be consumed at this time.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower

Sure do. I have people request my ribs all the time. Recipe I made up.
1. Buy good quality ribs. Not from some animal that smoked crack. I recommend your Farmers Market. Wash meat.
2. Season. Garlic, Cajun Seasoning, Rib seasoning. Rub into the meat with hands. Rub both sides
3. Now you can keep it as one slab or cut. I usually cut to season all sides of the meat. Make sure ribs are a good size if you grill (don't want it to fall).
4. I mix maybe 4 brands of bar-b-que sauce together. Add hot sauce (season hot sauce to taste). 2 bowls, 1 to put ribs in, 1 to add to cooked ribs.
5. Sit ribs in the BIG BOWL of bar-b-que sauce and seasonings. Let stay overnight. Cover with Foil. Not sure where u at, I'm in GA, so I can get all sorts of homemade sauce here, even in the grocery store (preffered)
6. Let grill heat up until coals are white. Low heat or cover grill in foil.
7. Put ribs on, baste occasionally when you flip over (ever 15 min for me). Baste with bar-b-que sauce in bowl.
8. Since ribs are cut up and tender, won't take long to cook. Maybe 30min tops
9. Take off ribs, put in the other bowl of sauce and serve.

Seasonings are the key behind good quality ribs.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:57 PM
That's Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower

-You could always watch: "Hot Off the Grill" with Bobby Flay.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:57 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
Amir had a great post a few months ago:
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140154

That post makes me hungry
Old 09-02-2004, 07:46 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MMMM MMMMM bitch! i had ribs tonight and they were GREAT!