Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

XBOX + Logitech Wireless -- Review

Old 12-27-2004, 10:05 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
XBOX + Logitech Wireless -- Review

My buddy got me a wireless Logitech controller for my XBOX this Christmas.

I bought him a Wireless Headset, and picked one up for myself at the same time.

The Controller:

Feels more like a PS2 controller than XBOX, small, lightweight. I thought I would appreciate this... as the XBOX large size always made me cringe.

However, after playing with it, I find I prefer the larger feel of the XBOX default controller.

Considering this, and the lag I experienced with the Controller while sitting merely 4 feet away from the receiver, I went back to the default setup.

I found myself shooting people, and the shot not registering until after they blew my head off.

I felt like I was playing SOCOM again. Lag fest.

The Headset:

First impression, the design is fucking BEAUTIFUL. Every single detail is amazing. This thing rivals Apple products in the industrial design category.

Super Comfortable, it barely feels like your wearing anything. Hangs on your ear, without weighing it down.

The mic is very short, doesn't touch your face, and stays away from your mouth. I was able to eat while wearing this thing without a worry.

Meanwhile, other players reported hearing me loud and clear!

Sound Quality, it is somewhat lacking here. While apparently I sound BETTER to other people, they sound a little tinny to me. Sounds like a cell phone quite honestly.

Also, I wasn't able to turn the volume high enough for my liking.

All things considered, the headset is KICKASS.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Registered Douchebag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey soopa, i just got xbox live and i saw you playing halo2 yesterday... my xbox tag is ThisBallonKnot... anyways im kinda new to the xbox and the xbox ive so i need as much help from ju guys....

i also picked up the logitec wireless headset and it is awesome... uber light and cool design... the volume isnt as loud as i would like it be either...

btw if im playing ghost recon 2 how do i voice chat with the headset??? do i have to push the button on the headset to chat??? i know in Halo 2 u can press the white button...

also the voice commands in single player... how does that work\???

edit:

holy cow this is #500 i just realized it w00t... im such a noob
Old 12-27-2004, 03:49 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
six: yeah I accepted your invite last night.

I didn't know who you were at the time (Hadn't checked the forum) so I didn't send you clan invite.

will send later.

not sure about GR2, i only played that game for a day
Old 12-28-2004, 02:35 AM
4dr & I like it that way

I have the wireless logitech controller as well, and I don't have any lag using it 10-15ft away. couple friends of mine also have it and I've never heard them complain of lag. Maybe you have interferrence issues/bad batteries/defective controller?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Registered Douchebag

if your a hardcore gamer... you notice lag in all wireless products...

for expample i have a logitec wireless laser mouse.... while the mouse is awesome in applications like CAD and photoshop (when presicion is important) that mouse OWNS...

however when you need realtime/ immediate response (ie videogames) the mouse has a tiny bit of latency... wireless signals must be produced, distributed, recieved, and then deciphered... most people wont notice it, however, like i said Hardcore gamers do notice it...
Old 12-28-2004, 12:59 PM
4dr & I like it that way

do you have a mx700 or mx1000? if so these mice use a fastRF tech that eliminates the lag associated with older kinds of wireless mice. Can you tell the difference between a 10ms ping and a 15ms one? Any lag on these mice would be on the order of that maximum and should be much less. sure it takes time to transmit and recieve the signal, but you can be sure the wireless signal is somewhere in the megahertz range, and the chip inside the mice, although probably very simple, probably also runs at least at a couple megahertz. my point is theres ample processing power to get the lag under 1ms, which even the most "hardcore" gamer in the world isnt going to notice.

If you have the bluetooth mx900 ive heard of people experiencing lag with that. bluetooth has a lot of extra protocol overhead which slows it down. and btw ive been a pc gamer as long as anyone in this forum, im certainly sensitive to lag