Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Wii: XENOBLADE CHRONICALS

Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up Wii: XENOBLADE CHRONICALS

I am a big JRPG fan my fav games of all time are as follows

1 Chrono trigger
2 Xenogears
3 FF VII

I had been anticipating this game from its first announcemnet and was so pissed that north america was not going to get it I bought a second Wii just to modify it to get the Euro version. (the north american version came out a few days after i got mine )

This game is so beyond what I had hoped for. Story wise it I would say its very well written. the plot is interesting and easy to follow and the characters are easily liked. plenty of "oh shit!" moments. Not knowing anything about Xenogears will not hurt anything at all, but knowing what a "Gear" is and the fact that the "World" is just ocean and 2 "Gears" one of which is Brigandier from the original Xenogears is Insane.

Game play is insane it plays like a western RPG your combat moves have "cool down" times instead of MP and if you die in combat you auto respawn at the nearest "Landmark" instead of game over. I have put almost 200hrs into this game WITHOUT LEVEL GRINDING. I think I still have a ways to go I have been doing every optional quest I can get my hands on and some of them took forever because I spent a lot of time looking for people/items that simply were not available to me at the point in the game when I got the quest. so I cant say how much time the core game would take I est maybe 70-80hrs the game has about 450 or so optional sidequests oh and it has new game plus so you can carry over just about everything and since your level caps at 99 and i heard there are some optional/rare monsters you can fight that are as high as 120 no matter how bad ass you are the game can still have a challenge for you. since the combat is very level driven i can even image how hard that would be since if your level is too far below what you are fighting your attack wont even hit the creature they will just "miss"

graphics are EXTREAMLY great when you consider yes its a wii game and the amount of content in the game.

If you A: Have a Wii B: like RPGs and C:already have skyward sword. Then you should definatly get this!!!

Last edited by RJANACONDA; 07-02-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
I played for a while - lots of fun! I had to stop because I was getting very busy with other things, but plan to pick it up again in a few months. Beautiful landscapes - I have the most fun just wandering around and taking in the views.. even on the measly wii