Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Question to those who sent their xbox for repair

Old 01-08-2011, 11:30 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Question to those who sent their xbox for repair

I sent my Xbox for repair last week, and it arrived in the Texas location for repairs. It was then repaired (as per xbox support site) and later tracking information shows it was shipped from Mexico to the U.S. I later check the info on the Xbox support site which confirms the package went through customs and is in Texas.

Now today I get an e-mail from Fedex, which states that I'll be recieving a package from Microsoft in about 6 days. Which is fine, except for three things that are strikingly odd.

First, UPS was the original shipper that Microsoft provided free of charge, so why would they switch to Fedex? Second, why was the console shipped to Texas and then my console is shipped back from Mexico? Perhaps a new console? To top all that, why is the Fedex shipping weight only listed as >1lb.?

Anyone go through an Xbox repair process and can chime in? I hope they're not sending me a letter saying the warranty was denied, they could have simply sent an e-mail if that was the case. Perhaps they're sending me a voucher for a new Xbox?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
I had a RROD a couple of years ago and they took my Xbox for about 2 weeks. I don't really remember any of the shipping details.

Have you tried calling customer service and asking what's up?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:28 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FiftyFive
I had a RROD a couple of years ago and they took my Xbox for about 2 weeks. I don't really remember any of the shipping details.

Have you tried calling customer service and asking what's up?
I don't think they'll have a definite answer, I'll wait til the package arrives and if there is any issue I'll call. Still seems weird, though.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eoanou
I sent my Xbox for repair last week, and it arrived in the Texas location for repairs. It was then repaired (as per xbox support site) and later tracking information shows it was shipped from Mexico to the U.S. I later check the info on the Xbox support site which confirms the package went through customs and is in Texas.

Now today I get an e-mail from Fedex, which states that I'll be recieving a package from Microsoft in about 6 days. Which is fine, except for three things that are strikingly odd.

First, UPS was the original shipper that Microsoft provided free of charge, so why would they switch to Fedex? Second, why was the console shipped to Texas and then my console is shipped back from Mexico? Perhaps a new console? To top all that, why is the Fedex shipping weight only listed as >1lb.?

Anyone go through an Xbox repair process and can chime in? I hope they're not sending me a letter saying the warranty was denied, they could have simply sent an e-mail if that was the case. Perhaps they're sending me a voucher for a new Xbox?
heh... I found this post while googling "tracking xbox repairs from mexico". Suffice to say, I'm currently tracking mine with the exact same messages. So, it's nice to see I'm not the only one totally confused that my xbox has successfully made it through US customs up from Mexico. Guess we'll find out what happens. I sent mine last Monday (01/03).