Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

PS3: SOCOM 4 - U.S. Navy SEALs

Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,483 Posts
PS3: SOCOM 4 - U.S. Navy SEALs

seems like they focused more on the single player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHwaXcXumo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdSrlqsPr4g
Old 02-20-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm stock and hating it.

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang, No one plays Socom???? SAD, I cant wait for this game to come out. I cant wait to get back to the states to play Confrontation LoL.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I play SoCom
Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm stock and hating it.

Ohhh okay.. We have 1 other than me. I have been playing since Socom 2. Pretty religously I might add. My clan is pretty well known but for some reason 5 months of no Socom and I cant think of my clan name to save my life. Either way this is my same username on PS3
Old 02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
SOCOM has gotten progressively worse since 2. Confrontation was okay but movement was WAY too slow and there were too many things to hide behind like crates, barrels, and cars scattered around everywhere so everyone just camped. It just wasn't the same. I've tried to be optimistic with previous titles but this game is going to suck and it'll be the first SOCOM game I don't buy. Online play is gonna be very generic if they focused more on single player, and it looks like they've put the regenerative health in like call of duty, and are going to have respawn on, making it even more generic.

Socom 2 was the best for a few reasons. There was no stupid gun customization, all the maps had pre-set gameplay modes so they felt a lot more involved, as opposed to maps now where they're completely symmetrical and all follow the same formula: two big areas on each side and like 3 smaller paths between the areas where people fight/camp. Remember Foxhunt? or Sandstorm? Fish Hook? You'll never see maps like those anymore. Ranked games had respawn turned off, which meant that you had to use strategy and stay alive as opposed to just running around all willy-nilly because if you die you'll be alive again in 3 seconds anyway. Friendly fire was on by default as well, something you never see these days either. Also, gameplay was fast and was more about who could keep the crosshairs on their target. Now you've got slow players and you have to aim down the sights to hit anything, making you even slower. Yeah, it's more realistic but it just promotes camping. The game also had 22 maps, which you'll never see in any modern shooter now. Games now have like 10 at the start then make you pay 15 bucks for 3 or 4 more after a year.

/rant

Last edited by TommySalami; 02-23-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm stock and hating it.

Originally Posted by TommySalami
SOCOM has gotten progressively worse since 2. Confrontation was okay but movement was WAY too slow and there were too many things to hide behind like crates, barrels, and cars scattered around everywhere so everyone just camped. It just wasn't the same. I've tried to be optimistic with previous titles but this game is going to suck and it'll be the first SOCOM game I don't buy. Online play is gonna be very generic if they focused more on single player, and it looks like they've put the regenerative health in like call of duty, and are going to have respawn on, making it even more generic.

Socom 2 was the best for a few reasons. There was no stupid gun customization, all the maps had pre-set gameplay modes so they felt a lot more involved, as opposed to maps now where they're completely symmetrical and all follow the same formula: two big areas on each side and like 3 smaller paths between the areas where people fight/camp. Remember Foxhunt? or Sandstorm? Fish Hook? You'll never see maps like those anymore. Ranked games had respawn turned off, which meant that you had to use strategy and stay alive as opposed to just running around all willy-nilly because if you die you'll be alive again in 3 seconds anyway. Friendly fire was on by default as well, something you never see these days either. Also, gameplay was fast and was more about who could keep the crosshairs on their target. Now you've got slow players and you have to aim down the sights to hit anything, making you even slower. Yeah, it's more realistic but it just promotes camping. The game also had 22 maps, which you'll never see in any modern shooter now. Games now have like 10 at the start then make you pay 15 bucks for 3 or 4 more after a year.

/rant

I agree but I still love it. I love it enough to keep trying. I dont play no where as much as I use to back in SC2 days but I still get in a good amount of time.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I play socom confrontation jus to get a taste of socom but i cannot wait for Socom3!!!! this summer right?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TommySalami

/rant
socom 4 should rock since it's by the same guys who made socom 2
Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
yea socom confrontation wasnt made by zipper..slant 6 ruined socom confrontation......this socom 4 is gonna be sick....cant wait

Last edited by 07tl-s6spd; 03-30-2011 at 03:33 PM.