Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Haswell or Skylake CPU for my HTC Vive VR headset?

Old 05-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Haswell or Skylake CPU for my HTC Vive VR headset?

Helly AZine!
So I finally got my HTC Vive for some Virtual Reality gaming and am freaking blown away! Looks and performs wayyyy better than my Oculus Rift DK2 and the full room scale ability to walk around in your virtual world adds another dimension of realism and immersion that I never really thought about. I'm really impressed and recommend it to anyone that doesn't mind holding off on ordering car parts for a few weeks or have the money to blow on both otherwise, just hold off a little till VR is more developed and more affordable.

Here's my question for all you fellow computer nerds out here. What CPU will work best with my Nvidia GeForce GTX 980. Haswell or Skylake? Keep in mind I just blew a month's worth of pay on my current setup plus the Vive so I'm not looking to spend too much.

Edit: Right now I'm running an i5-2400. The cheapest of the i5's. Not sure if it's bottlenecking or not but I still want something at least Haswell to complement the GPU and use it's full potential.

Last edited by GhettoNinja06; 05-21-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:45 AM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Edit 2: I just ran a comparison test on CPUboss and it said my i5-2400 is slightly better than a Skylake i5-6600... Is that right??

Intel Core i5 6600K vs 2400