Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

GTA: San Andreas - The Story So Far

Old 10-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jimcol711
here you go boys, if the game is getting to tough for you, here is every code in the book....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/hints.html

beware, using them will fuck up your completion rating and make it so that you cannot reach 100%...
Damn you Jim! I want to complete the game without cheats but these codes are just to tempting.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man, once you get to the point that you can start gang wars and have to defend turf, this game gets harder, those gang wars are brutal, fucking dudes come out of the wood work and blast your ass. i think for now im going to ignore the whole "turf wars" concept of the game and concentrate on the actual missions, its just too hard to fend off all those gang members without some SERIOUS artilary
Old 10-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Pit Stop?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man, once you get to the point that you can start gang wars and have to defend turf, this game gets harder, those gang wars are brutal, fucking dudes come out of the wood work and blast your ass. i think for now im going to ignore the whole "turf wars" concept of the game and concentrate on the actual missions, its just too hard to fend off all those gang members without some SERIOUS artilary
All I do is defend, I'll fuck some people up when I have a Rhino though
Old 10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Who am I?

this game has asian street racers.... wow
Old 10-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
this game is absolutely the shiznit
Old 10-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Best bet is to plow through the first wave with a car. Nine times out of ten they'll blow yours up so jump out right before. Works fairly well.

But once your done with the first set of missions that take place in Los Santos you won't have to worry about the gang wars for awhile.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
ok I'm not far in this at all yet but this is pissing me off. i'm trying to do the thing where I chase the mexican gang with the motorbike while they are on a train, and that other dude with me shoots at them. I've done it 5 times in a row perfectly (seems like) now...but no one ever fucking dies. my guy shoots the hell out of them the whole time but after a while the train just goes away and it says mission failed, and three mexican guys are still standing on the train. what the hell am I doing wrong?

also I can't figure out this part where I steal the stereo at the beach party. I keep talking to the dj but its the same shit over and over again, and if I kill her it says mission failed. anybody want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

Ok i need help too. After dicking around most of the day learning weapons and destroying shit with the Rhino (cheated) I need some help. I'm really early in the game still, where me and gang go to Cluckin Bell. But after driving around I cant find the red marker to get into the drive thru? What gives?

also, should we make this the "help each other out with GTA thread?"
Old 10-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Pit Stop?

Originally Posted by Katana18
Ok i need help too. After dicking around most of the day learning weapons and destroying shit with the Rhino (cheated) I need some help. I'm really early in the game still, where me and gang go to Cluckin Bell. But after driving around I cant find the red marker to get into the drive thru? What gives?

also, should we make this the "help each other out with GTA thread?"
It's next to the building It should be marked on your map
Old 10-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
ok I'm not far in this at all yet but this is pissing me off. i'm trying to do the thing where I chase the mexican gang with the motorbike while they are on a train, and that other dude with me shoots at them. I've done it 5 times in a row perfectly (seems like) now...but no one ever fucking dies. my guy shoots the hell out of them the whole time but after a while the train just goes away and it says mission failed, and three mexican guys are still standing on the train. what the hell am I doing wrong?

also I can't figure out this part where I steal the stereo at the beach party. I keep talking to the dj but its the same shit over and over again, and if I kill her it says mission failed. anybody want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?
FOr the DJ, you can't kill her. YOu have to respond positively to her and then she makes you dance. Its like DDR, if you've ever played it.

WIth the Mexicans on the Train, its hard, but stay as far to the right as possible so the bullets don't hit the train. They have to go over it, so you have to stay as far right as possible while still being close. And when you take the right over that off-road shit, tr and jump back on the tracks after the train passes, so you have more time to shoot.

SOrry if the explaintions suck, have a headache right now. If anyone elses wants to add anything...
Old 10-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Minch00
It's next to the building It should be marked on your map

I dunno man, it wouldnt work for me. I ll try again later. use the cheat codes and get the rhino, that shit is fun as hell. Also, when you steal a lowrider with hydros, and the car raises up, how do you get it to stay down?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Pit Stop?

Originally Posted by Katana18
I dunno man, it wouldnt work for me. I ll try again later. use the cheat codes and get the rhino, that shit is fun as hell. Also, when you steal a lowrider with hydros, and the car raises up, how do you get it to stay down?
Click in on the L stick "L3"
Old 10-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
FOr the DJ, you can't kill her. YOu have to respond positively to her and then she makes you dance. Its like DDR, if you've ever played it.

WIth the Mexicans on the Train, its hard, but stay as far to the right as possible so the bullets don't hit the train. They have to go over it, so you have to stay as far right as possible while still being close. And when you take the right over that off-road shit, tr and jump back on the tracks after the train passes, so you have more time to shoot.

SOrry if the explaintions suck, have a headache right now. If anyone elses wants to add anything...

thanks man...yeah my bullets were hitting the train. i backed off and it worked fine.

and thanks for the dance thing..i guess i just got impatient and walked away before the dance thing started.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:32 AM
Who am I?

im pretty goddamn far in the game, some of the later missions are a real pain in the ass, story seems pretty good so far, and as far as i am, STILL havent unlocked last island. swam there, and got a dirtbike, and raised hell for a while, but the spray shops dont work soon though, soon....
Old 10-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Banned

hey guys, thought i would share a discovery i made last night. once you open up the "badlands" (after a big mission where you get set up and have to shoot a shitload of cops) samuel l jackson (officer tempanny) takes you out of town and drops you off in the middle of this hicktown nowhere. its a great change of pace from the heavy traffic and craziness of Los Santos. anyhow, from that point, you have free access to San Fierro which is a fucking sweet city, i still cant get over how HUGE this game is!!!! anyhow, if you go to the san fierro airport, you can buy a plane ticket to fly back to Los Santos, when you do this, they put you in this big jet, like a 737 or something. then it gives you the option to jump out, fucking sweet!! you can parachute out and land anywhere you want. now heres a cool part, back at Los Santos, get one of the Semi-trucks and park it up against the super high fence, jump on the back of it and jump over the fence, you can access a Dodo aircraft and go fly around without having to do the flight training bullshit!! its great! the Dodo now controls much more realisitcally with rear rudder controls and you can fly ALOT higher than ever before. just be careful, if you fly too close to Las Venturas, fucking FIGHTER JETS come out of nowhere and shoot you down and kill you with a missle. its wild. anyhow, this game just continues to get better, you meet some cool people in the Badlands and learn more about Sam Jacksons character....i dont want to spoil much but lets just say, he starts to really shine at this point in the game and play a character similar to how we know him from some of his best movies, its fucking cool. Alright, well now i gotta sit here at work and wait till 4:30 to go play more, hahahah.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Born Too slow

I dunno if i missed this or not, but dose the same cheats from Vice City work in SA?
Old 10-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Banned

no, but i posted a link to the ALL-NEW cheats
Old 10-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Masshole

All this GTA talk makes me want to go finish Vice City!

Old 10-29-2004, 09:51 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
also, if you guys go to the airport, look around and steal a dodo. I flew into the other cities but was promptly met with a high wanted level, which a cheat will not fix. I figured I could take in the sites by just flying around far away from the cops. I was wrong. After being chased by a Jet, i was quickly taken out by a missle. This game rules.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigman
also, if you guys go to the airport, look around and steal a dodo. I flew into the other cities but was promptly met with a high wanted level, which a cheat will not fix. I figured I could take in the sites by just flying around far away from the cops. I was wrong. After being chased by a Jet, i was quickly taken out by a missle. This game rules.

hahah, look like 3 posts up man, i posted a whole thing about how to do this exact thing...

Old 10-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Race Director

Has anyone seen the cameo from GTA III yet?

You'll know it when you see it. Just look for that black leather jacket.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Hopefully picking mine up today! I am cheat code user though, I admit it
Old 10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chaptorial
Has anyone seen the cameo from GTA III yet?

You'll know it when you see it. Just look for that black leather jacket.
there are also cameo's from Vice City as well.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeehaw

The DJ on one of the radio stations...I think the soul station... sounds a lot like Ma$e. Anyone know if it is really him?
Old 10-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by mc_yanzo
All this GTA talk makes me want to go finish Vice City!

You should, the Vice City final mission is the shit.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Who am I?

The DJ on one of the radio stations...I think the soul station... sounds a lot like Ma$e. Anyone know if it is really him?
its the funny looking dude from bel biv devoe or whatev, i thought it was Ma$e too though, this game is the shit, and Charlie Murphy is in the game, shit is NUTS!
Old 10-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by thatguy
Charlie Murphy is in the game

when is this?!

this game is so great I think I'm going to stay home and play it instead of going to the bars tonight
Old 10-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Masshole

Originally Posted by mantis23
You should, the Vice City final mission is the shit.
Yeah, I haven't played it in quite some time. I think I stopped because I got stuck on the 2nd biker mission (where you have to cause mayhem and get your warning level all the way up). I just checked out the IGN guide though, so now I know how to do it, and I'm pretty psyched about it.

I think I'll hold off GTA San Andreas until Christmas. By that time most of you should have it beaten!
Old 10-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah!

ok, how the hell do you beat the "Just Business" mission with Smoke????

It's the one where you are on the back of the bike shooting at the other motorcyles and cars following you -- I make it to the part where the truck flies over from the street above and then I usually die shortly after

ANY TIPS??????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by Melanie
ok, how the hell do you beat the "Just Business" mission with Smoke????

It's the one where you are on the back of the bike shooting at the other motorcyles and cars following you -- I make it to the part where the truck flies over from the street above and then I usually die shortly after

ANY TIPS??????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
make sure you have full health going into it, and just keep shooting the guys on motorcycles. I don't think I ever really paid attention to the trucks, they seemed to keep crashing into things on their own and blowing up.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Banned

yeah, beetroot, good tips...that and buy body armour before doing it as well...that, and make sure you have a good aim!!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 03:06 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
fuck. i've owned this game all week and still havent played
Old 10-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soopa
fuck. i've owned this game all week and still havent played

Old 10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeehaw

yeah, beetroot, good tips...that and buy body armour before doing it as well...that, and make sure you have a good aim!!!!
you can find body armor on the OG mission where you steal the rhyme book..which should be around the same time in the game. try doing that one first. its pretty easy.

I hooked up a lowrider last night with everything... CLpower paint job, rims, 10 shots of nitrous.... only to flip the damn thing over on the drive home from bouncing the hydraulics in front of some gang bangers. $5k or so down the drain...
Old 10-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh yeah!

I hooked up a lowrider last night with everything... CLpower paint job, rims, 10 shots of nitrous.... only to flip the damn thing over on the drive home from bouncing the hydraulics in front of some gang bangers. $5k or so down the drain...

I laugh because I know that feeling...............but how cool are the hydrolics? You can bounce so very high
Old 10-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Race Director

if you go to the san fierro airport, you can buy a plane ticket to fly back to Los Santos, when you do this, they put you in this big jet, like a 737 or something. then it gives you the option to jump out, fucking sweet!! you can parachute out and land anywhere you want.

Have yet to try it though.

Old 10-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ya'll got tatoos yet?
Old 10-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by CLean B
ya'll got tatoos yet?
covered. guns and bullets all over, GROVE ST across my stomach and back I think... I got everything that could fit
Old 10-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Number 37

I am doing the c.r.a.s.h. missions now. I love everything about this game especially since I grew up in LA during the 90's
Old 10-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Race Director

I'm glad you guys have time to play video games.

I don't have a playstation

Quick Reply: GTA: San Andreas - The Story So Far