Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, PS3, PC: Mass Effect 3

Old 02-17-2012, 04:48 AM
I've got spurs...

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360, PS3, PC: Mass Effect 3

It drops March 6th. Anyone picking it up?

I have my collectors edition pre-orderd for release day on Amazon. On top of this, March 6th falls within my Spring Break so I'll actually be able to play some! I can't wait!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IJvrN6JijuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4L8NOHSC9ww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Demo is out now. Make sure to give it a go! Don't forget to try out the multiplayer. I found it to be really well done.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I cant freakin wait. Always felt that Mass Effect was one of the most well-written series of all time.

Gonna get in peoples faces as a Vanguard.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 AM
I've got spurs...

It's crazy how powerful Vanguard is online for bronze and silver challenges. You can level up your charge ability to do massive damage and replenish your barrier to 100%. Then there is a new attack called Nova which drains your barrier and uses the energy to hurt everything around you.

1. Charge, hurt guy and gain barrier.
2. Nova, drain barrier but kill people around you.
3. Charge again to regain barrier and hurt guy.
4. Repeat.

Also, make sure to only equip your pistol. The lighter your weapon load, the faster your energy recharges. The only thing that can really kill you easily as a vanguard are turrets. I wouldn't recommend this for gold challenges though, pretty much everyone can nearly 1 hit kill you in that mode.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:13 AM

got this preloaded on my comp. But I vow to finish my last ME2 campaign before starting ME3.

I bet Lightus is already playing right now
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 AM
I've got spurs...

Nope! I ordered via amazon, so I have to wait till UPS (or whoever they used to ship it) gives it to me. I have some friends on my friends list playing and I'm regretting my decision not have pre-ordered at a local store.

How much more do you have to complete?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 AM

^can't remember TBH. But I think I could finish it in a day. I have work super early tomorrow night but during the day I'll have a bunch of free time... gonna try and power through it all. I'll feel incredibly gross about it, but it'll all be worth it

I'm close to getting Legion, I think. That or he's already on my ship.... have a few loyalty missions done as well.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to finish this trilogy, and then go cry about it ending in the corner of the room in the fetal position, only to realize 5 minutes later that I can go back to replay it over and over and over again to make sure the awesomeness never goes away.

I am Commander Shepard and I approve of this message.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM
I've got spurs...

I still have yet to get mine.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Goodbye.

apparently at the midnight launch at gamestops, people wereoffering $100 to buy collector's edition off those that pre-ordered theirs......insane.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:26 AM
I've got spurs...

Yeah I saw some going for about $200 on ebay last night. There are apparently a lot of people that actually collect "collector" editions.

Also, game is great so far! Time to get back to playing.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Goodbye.

I got the collector's edition because it's badass.....plus all the added goodies

I do have to say the N7 patch is pretty cool, even if I never use it
Old 03-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I've got spurs...

Just a heads up, there are time sensitive missions in this game. I recommended looking up every mission as soon as you get it on the mass effect wiki so that you can see its failure criteria.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Goodbye.

Originally Posted by Lightus
Just a heads up, there are time sensitive missions in this game. I recommended looking up every mission as soon as you get it on the mass effect wiki so that you can see its failure criteria.
but where's the fun in that?!

Maybe on a 2nd and 3rd playthroughs, I'll care about being 100% win all the time.

Anyone else get the Collector's edition and don't have the Normandy Avatar prop?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I've got spurs...

I won't have anytime for a second play through after this week, so I'm trying to get 100% my first run. Looking at the quest failure times make the game more fun for me. That way, instead of doing every quest immediately in fear of failing it, I can do them in the order I want.

Not sure If I got the Normandy Avatar prop. I'll check when I get home.

My Shepard's face import didn't work (this is a very common problem), so I recreated it by going into ME2, starting a new save and making a custom face that looked exactly like the imported one. Once I got it looking the same I copied the face code and entered it into ME3. The only problem is, I didn't look at the nose hard enough and now I realize the nose is off. Noooooooooooo! It still looks decent, so I guess I'll stick with it. It just bugs me at certain angles.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Goodbye.

I won't have anytime for a second play through after this week, so I'm trying to get 100% my first run. Looking at the quest failure times make the game more fun for me. That way, instead of doing every quest immediately in fear of failing it, I can do them in the order I want.

Not sure If I got the Normandy Avatar prop. I'll check when I get home.

My Shepard's face import didn't work (this is a very common problem), so I recreated it by going into ME2, starting a new save and making a custom face that looked exactly like the imported one. Once I got it looking the same I copied the face code and entered it into ME3. The only problem is, I didn't look at the nose hard enough and now I realize the nose is off. Noooooooooooo! It still looks decent, so I guess I'll stick with it. It just bugs me at certain angles.
Couldn't you just use the code from your imported ME2 character instead of making a new ME2 character just for a code to move to ME3?

and just did a quick MEwiki search, the missions there aren't even populated with anything but general info lol. Don't know where you're getting your failure times from...
Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Goodbye.

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I just realized that NONE of my ME2 characters blew up the base.........wtf. I don't even know why...

sigh. I might have to replay ME2 for my 2nd playthrough to get all the alternate outcomes. dang it.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I've got spurs...

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
Couldn't you just use the code from your imported ME2 character instead of making a new ME2 character just for a code to move to ME3?

and just did a quick MEwiki search, the missions there aren't even populated with anything but general info lol. Don't know where you're getting your failure times from...
I tried but it didn't show the code when I selected the imported character.

Also, I'm getting the failure times from IGN. It's only certain missions that have them.

Ex:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect...ncy_Evacuation

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I just realized that NONE of my ME2 characters blew up the base.........wtf. I don't even know why...

sigh. I might have to replay ME2 for my 2nd playthrough to get all the alternate outcomes. dang it.

That sucks. Honestly I wanted to save the base, the tech could have been useful! Unfortunately, that was the "renegade" option for whatever reason and my Shep is Paragon, so I chose to destroy it.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I've got spurs...

My Shep just made this face and I "lol'ed". It's even better in context.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Goodbye.

my fem shep ported properly. whew. though I wished I improved her cheeks a bit. They were fine in 2 but in 3 they look odd.

Yeah for some reason my paragon shep saved the base.....I must've forgotten I was playing a pure Paragon then and let my brain cloud my judgment

I'll just redo that mission for 2nd playthrough since I gotta do all his DLCs anyways. Man, this combined with the multiplayer is gonna eat up my life.

I like how your character just continues with all the points, as it should be to start off as the badass Shepard is

Last edited by TSXy Luster; 03-07-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I've got spurs...

Have you not finished some of the DCL for ME2? They made sure to include the decisions you made in the DLC into ME3. From what I've seen so far, they aren't major, but they are tastefully done. I was afraid they were going to over-emphasize some decisions.

Costco, where you at? How's ME2 going?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Goodbye.

I finished all the ME2 DLC for one character (Renegade), but not my Paragon one.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 PM

i made a post but it got deleted when I clicked submit

Me and a friend gave our other friend a copy of ME2 and a 360 to borrow. He was so excited to snatch the copy out of my hand so he could get home and play it his 360 has been down and his old ME2 disc got fubared.

I got said friend with a 360 to start playing again though. He tried it once but got bored within 5 minutes, but after giving him a rundown yesterday he is enjoying the game.

Was at gamestop the other day, the hype for this game is amazing. On reddit r/gaming it seems like every third post was about Mass Effect.

I'm weird, sometimes I enjoy talking about something almost as much as I do doing it
Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 PM

I'm much more behind than I thought though. I'll be here, just missing out for now. No spoilers!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Goodbye.

Yeah, no spoilers will be posted here. All I gotta say is I am already spending a ridiculous amount of time on this game and I'm only on the 2nd mission!

I spent at least 90minutes reading the Codec entries
Old 03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I've got spurs...

Oh man, I just had to pick Liara over one of my previous girlfriends (identity hidden just in case it's a spoiler). She didn't take it too well. I'm actually regretting the decision now.

I just picked up the Scorpion handgun. That thing is awesome. I play vanguard and normally only run around with pistol/shotty. It's nice to have some actual firepower against Atlases and Turrets.

Has anyone have their Shep die in ME2? I'm really curious as to what happens in the the third with Shep being dead. Who do you play as? Did they rerecord every dialogue piece that used the name "Shepard" to include your new character?

I wanna go back and die in the second one just to find out.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Goodbye.

Apparently in ME3, monogamy is the rule. So choose wisely.

The N7 Eagle is my gun of choice right now. The N7 Hurricane is awesome but better for spray, pray, while running away!

The Chakram Launcher is too much of a novelty to be useful to me

If your Shep dies in ME2, you have to play ME3 as a new character because you can't import Shep over. Essentially, your story ended in ME2 and you failed to save the Universe.

Jessica Chobot is easily the WORST VA ever. Silly fan service.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I've got spurs...

Yeah she is really horrible. Not only is she monotone, but her voice is just annoying. I never go to that part of the ship because of it.

Also, I'm a bit annoyed at how they handled Cortez. I get it, he's gay. Unfortunately, I can't talk to him without him thinking I am too. Can't a Commander just get to know his crew? I purposefully avoid doing too many paragon choices with him just in case. They should have had an option to pick your Shep's sexuality at some point so that you don't get hit on by everyone on your ship.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Goodbye.

Yeah she is really horrible. Not only is she monotone, but her voice is just annoying. I never go to that part of the ship because of it.

Also, I'm a bit annoyed at how they handled Cortez. I get it, he's gay. Unfortunately, I can't talk to him without him thinking I am too. Can't a Commander just get to know his crew? I purposefully avoid doing too many paragon choices with him just in case. They should have had an option to pick your Shep's sexuality at some point so that you don't get hit on by everyone on your ship.
I only invited her on the ship just so I can tell her to "get off my ship" later on if I get pissed off enough.

hahaha I'm playing as Fem Shep, so it's REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY awkward with ANY conversation with females of every species because of the long stares they give each other and the silent awkward pauses in between words. Kinda hot though

I like Traynor.

Well, just because your shep is straight don't mean gay guys can't hit on him lol....just like real life.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I've got spurs...

Haha true, but my shep keeps hitting on them back.

What I perceive to be "Hey, man don't worry we are all in this together" comes out as "Heyyyy...don't worry I'm here for you *wink wink*"

I really like the happier pacing they put into this game. The conversations are much funnier and playful. Have you found the Blasto ad yet? In ME2 it was very serious. I find myself laughing quite a bit in this game.

Also, I just found my space ham ham. My cabin didn't feel the same without him.

Edit: Also also, I like Traynor too. It's the accent.

Last edited by Lightus; 03-08-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Goodbye.

Yup. The accent stood out to me at first, but then the face ain't bad either.

I didn't even know Esteban was gay until he mentioned his husband at the very end.

I found the space hamster when I was trying to figure out what the heck that random noise was coming from.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Goodbye.

My FemShep is such a promiscuous woman :p
I rekindled the ME2 person romance, while still having a new person on the side...
If only there was a 3way option.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Mass Effect Infiltrator for the new iPad, http://www.macworld.com/article/1657...#lsrc.rss_main
Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Goodbye.

oh wow....... looks like ME3 copied something awesome from the Andromeda TV series from back in the day!! re: EDI.

and I actually don't mind because it was awesome then, and it still is awesome now
Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I've got spurs...

Mannnn, my game just got real.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Goodbye.

GLITCH!!!!!!

ugh, I can't ever complete this one side mission because of this silly glitch. Wide known problem over at the Bioware forums.....hope they fix it before I do my second playthrough.

I'm spending way too much time in the Citadel.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:00 AM
I've got spurs...

I'm not sure what glitch you're talking about.

I just failed three side questions because I rushed and did a priority mission too early though. Woops haha.

I'm really liking this game. I'm not going to compare it to the other two games because they are each great in their own way. So far though I rate this one very high. It definitely isn't just a third person shooter like a lot of people were afraid of. I just hope I can finish it before Monday. If not, I'm gonna have a week long gap before I can really pick it up again.

This week was spring break, and I have two tests next week. It's gonna be 16 hours of studying a day next week.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Goodbye.

It was the Hanar Diplomat one.

Time to pull a Mass Effect 3 marathon then! or.... just keep doing side missions or multiplayer before your week long absence.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM
I've got spurs...

...and so, my week of Mass Effect 3 has come to an end. It was great while it lasted, but now it's time to get back to reality.

This should give you some time to catch up Costco!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Goodbye.

Did you manage finish the story?

I got sidetracked and started playing the MP and forgot how addicting that was too!

now back to saving the galaxy!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I've got spurs...

Nope, not even close. I have a tendency to take my time with single player games. That's why I have such a large back log.

I haven't even touched MP in the full game yet. I figured I'd have plenty of time to work on that after I beat the game.

If I ever get the time I'm gonna try for going another play through of the entire series. I'm thinking I'll be a female renegade biotic.

Quick Reply: 360, PS3, PC: Mass Effect 3