Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

**OFFICIAL G.R.A.W. [xbox 360] Thread**

Old 03-08-2006, 12:09 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havent played it yet cause teh job
Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got it. Just put it in. brb in like 100 hours!! lol. nahh. let me try it out!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned

how is it?
Where did you pick it up and for how much?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:36 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

I got mine for GameStop. I had pre-ordered it.

Well I am not that good at reviews and as you all know my spelling isnt all that great neither. hahaha.

Well let me start by, Halo what ???????

You can forget Halo. I got a 360 so I do not know how the xbox version is.

But this game is great. This is actually what this sytem needed and it was lacking it really bad!!!! Where do I start? You MUST, MUST do the training specially if this is your first Recon game. You get to pick up any weapon your enemy drops. There are also spots were you go like with an access card and reload or exchange your kind of weapon. Its awsome how you can zoom in really fast and shoot. You can also just center your aim by pressing the left trigger(those that played COD on 360 know what i mean)

Do you guys have any questions, on how something works or does?

You can controll you troops, and vehicles. You also got that drone (battlefied guys i think it was some UAV plane or something). The one that flies above and show you a birds eye view of things. This Drone could be destroyed if at low levels (called detection mode). Once its on standby it gets at a higher altitude. You can throw yourself if you are walking and getting shot. The best part is getting againt the wall and looking over to see were shots are comming from. ONE SHOT KILL!!!! This is a TACTICAL game. No halo run around. I dont know whatelse to say but WOW!!!

Maybe someone with a better describtion will post here. I never played other recon games so I can not compare. But let me just leave it at, I was a BIG Halo fan and still with my 360 played it everyday. But this makes me finally put that game away. I say, even better than COD.

Ohh by the way its 60 bucks. I read around the net that Fry's was selling for 44 or something like that.

Ohhh another thing.. You can actually do Co-OP with up to 16 players. Can you imagine playing regular missions with all your friends on the same team? THIS IS A GREAT FEATURE IMO.

Muliplayer is great. You can create all sorts of games, form team elimination, to hold your base, and while doing this you can customize sooooo many things. Some like, weapons, respawn points, deaths, time, drones, vehicles, ohhh man.. I could go on for ever. I read that there were over 1000 things to customize. I am still on, addicted to this game. So like I said, if you have questions go ahead, and hopefully someone else will post their view on this game. I say.. ITS MUST GET!!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
/\/\/\

nice review. you're spelling has improved

how are the graphics??
Old 03-08-2006, 05:25 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Thanks for the review!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:55 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Originally Posted by cmark
/\/\/\

nice review. you're spelling has improved

how are the graphics??

hahah thanks..

The graphics are awsome. They are sharp. I get on the floor and the grass looks so freaking real. This game met all the expectations on graphics that they showed on screen shots. Smoke looks real, fire looks awsome.. And wow, the water looks so freaking realistic. The weapon sounds are so real. If someone next to you and then far, you can tell the differnce. They got machine guns set up and those things can destroy ALL!!. Only downside is you cannot destroy trees. But i head this has always been a recon thing. all and any car is like a bomb. DO NOT HIDE BEHIND CARS.

byt the way.. Nasty, and Jonsi got. Was on with them right now. But i got to go for my daily run (impired by health loss forums on here lol, amir)
Lets see if they come here and post. But maybe after 12pm. lol when we finish playing. ahahha
Old 03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
^^ You running your 360 on an HD set?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Batteries died in both controllers.. Had to log off.. Will get some more for tomorrow night..

The game is awesome.. And I was suprised we had 8+ people playing tonight.. Good games..
Old 03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Safety Car

I hope the textures look better than the grass in this picture: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...g_3441541.html

you can clearly see it's just a tiled texture. Hopefully it's just a side effect of the jpg compression process used.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
I hope the textures look better than the grass in this picture: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...g_3441541.html

you can clearly see it's just a tiled texture. Hopefully it's just a side effect of the jpg compression process used.
Here we go again. Every review thus far has said this game is by far the best looking game. The game looks amazing. End of story.

Yes, if you look hard enough, you can find a flaw or two, but the game and textures overall look amazing. Why not play it instead of trying to pick apart graphics? As I mentioned before, if you are such a graphics whore, why are you excited about the Revolution?

Take a look at the Gamespot review:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ml?sid=6145620

[quote]The Good: Campaign is exciting and challenging, even at normal difficulty; the door-gunner missions are awesome; offers a definite tactical feel with its difficulty; amazing graphics and presentation; really looks and feels like you're in a city....

IGN Review:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/694/694274p1.html

What makes the game so worthwhile no matter the level are the outstanding visuals. The character models are superbly animated and detailed, with creases in clothing and good motion capture, and you're equipped with perfectly re-created guns and lots of little details. The environments are exceptionally well done, both from a pure respect for the massive level of polygons on screen to the healthy diversity of textures used to create a real and distinct city.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:49 AM
I shoot people

Received 2,808 Likes on 1,412 Posts
...shit! I pre-ordered GRAW awhile ago at costco.com and have been checking "order status" everyday just in case... for some reason they got theirs early... so as of right now... it's still saying "in process"... I should've just pre-ordered it with eb games...
Old 03-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Just the facts...

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
game is good....but it will get old fast....better than COD 2, but there are more multiplayer options.

smitty, jon3si, snapps, and my self w/ a few others busted it out tonight
Old 03-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cusdaddy
Here we go again. Every review thus far has said this game is by far the best looking game. The game looks amazing. End of story.

Yes, if you look hard enough, you can find a flaw or two, but the game and textures overall look amazing. Why not play it instead of trying to pick apart graphics? As I mentioned before, if you are such a graphics whore, why are you excited about the Revolution?
I'm not a graphics whore. I just like to point out that the graphics aren't "unbelievablely amazing". I worked in video game development for a while, and I don't have to "look hard" to find any of these things. I just glanced at the picture and immediately saw it was a square texture repeated.

sure the graphics look greater than xbox games, but they still the same damn thing with a higher resolution, that's all.

games like spore are really what impress me. Where the environments are created "procedurally" and the textures actually looked pretty clean in spore too.

All I'm saying is that while the graphics do look great, they aren't perfect, and until they stop using patchwork texturing, I'll notice it every time I see it, whether I want to or not, and it will bug the crap out of me every time.

You'd think with all that high res ability and room on teh discs they could have fit some bigger textures in there instead of just teh squares.

plus I kind of like to be an ass about it. You all are always talking about how "amazing" it looks, and I'm just pointing out that it really isn't THAT great. At least not yet.

Last edited by ghost_masterCL; 03-09-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 AM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
game is good....but it will get old fast....better than COD 2, but there are more multiplayer options.

smitty, jon3si, snapps, and my self w/ a few others busted it out tonight

Really, you think so? I dont think so. Maybe you are in love with Halo 2. lol. hahaha. poor Aces... all alone now.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Just the facts...

I <3 halo
Old 03-09-2006, 11:48 AM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

Its the shit but have to agree with NASTY HALO>GRAW. I cant believe i said i agreed with justin
Old 03-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Just the facts...

they just don't make 'em like they used to...
Old 03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Got Phó?

I played for 3hours last night with GRAW, great game! But multiplayer wise, HAlo 2 >GRAW
Old 03-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned

just picked it up from bb. I think it's better than halo 2. I like killing humans compared to monters or aliens, just my thoughts though!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Suzuka Master

I've been playing the SP for quite some time and the game is awesome!! I haven't tried MP yet, but I'm loving it so far. The game controls great, looks great and has great "WTF" moments. Definitely my fav game on the system so far

Last edited by cusdaddy; 03-09-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
I'm not a graphics whore. I just like to point out that the graphics aren't "unbelievablely amazing". I worked in video game development for a while, and I don't have to "look hard" to find any of these things. I just glanced at the picture and immediately saw it was a square texture repeated.

sure the graphics look greater than xbox games, but they still the same damn thing with a higher resolution, that's all.

games like spore are really what impress me. Where the environments are created "procedurally" and the textures actually looked pretty clean in spore too.

All I'm saying is that while the graphics do look great, they aren't perfect, and until they stop using patchwork texturing, I'll notice it every time I see it, whether I want to or not, and it will bug the crap out of me every time.

You'd think with all that high res ability and room on teh discs they could have fit some bigger textures in there instead of just teh squares.

plus I kind of like to be an ass about it. You all are always talking about how "amazing" it looks, and I'm just pointing out that it really isn't THAT great. At least not yet.
The game does look amazing. Play the damn game before you judge it. Looking at old "in-development" pictures posted by IGN do not represent what the game looks like on a HDTV.

Every review so far has said this is the best looking 360 game, bar none. Yes, there are graphical flaws, and of course the textures will not be as high quality as a game like Fight Night Round 3, as you can see the entire city with no draw-in, but the game does look WAY beyond anything on the current-gen systems and better than anything I have played on the PC.

Oh and BTW, if you really were a developer, I can't believe you would make a comment as silly as
"You'd think with all that high res ability and room on teh discs they could have fit some bigger textures in there instead of just teh squares.".

No comments needed from me here.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:05 AM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Cussdady, hit me up when you are going to play LIVE. GunnMalcura04. So that we can get out 16 man match!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:41 PM
never stops!

Wow! This is a good game. I got my copy from Fry's for $47.99. Did training and played with GunnMetal and Jonsei and others. Had some problem with my display at first but powercycling fixed it. I need to get on with the campaign to get a feel for it though. Guys add me to your fiends list.

tag: JoganJani
Old 03-10-2006, 01:10 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Nice huh? What did you think of that level with the lake in the middle. Like an island? It would be nice with 12 players huh? Gets kinda boring with only 6 players. map too big. lol

ohh I got you on list already. So when we on I send you invite. lol funny when you got in the room and said "I just got this game guys, go easy on me"
Old 03-10-2006, 03:28 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

O yea i remember welcome to the BOX

O yea get on HALO
Old 03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
never stops!

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04
Nice huh? What did you think of that level with the lake in the middle. Like an island? It would be nice with 12 players huh? Gets kinda boring with only 6 players. map too big. lol

ohh I got you on list already. So when we on I send you invite. lol funny when you got in the room and said "I just got this game guys, go easy on me"

Man it's beautiful. Why the hell you guys quit after like two games? I got on to other friend and played like 2 hours after. I'm getting a good feel for it to whip your asses
Old 03-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Just the facts...

I own all
Old 03-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Got Phó?

Drunkenbuda, add me as a friend.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Where the Fuck is Sarlacc and Silver?? Why don't they have this shit yet?
Old 03-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Drifting

so really, is GRAW worth buying the 360 for? there's no other game that i'm even close to being interested in right now so i'd be plunkin down $500+ to play one game.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,808 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesi
Where the Fuck is Sarlacc and Silver?? Why don't they have this shit yet?
I'm not sure if Sarlacc has the 360 yet... plus, isn't he out of town?
Old 03-11-2006, 02:35 PM
never stops!

so really, is GRAW worth buying the 360 for? there's no other game that i'm even close to being interested in right now so i'd be plunkin down $500+ to play one game.

I'll say COD2 and GRAW are worth buying 360. Lot of people yell about online delay on COD2 however, I've played it 7 out of 10 times with no problem. Also the "patch" is due. GRAW is good online, have not played much in campign mode yet but whatever I've played is good.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:50 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
I own all

You own SHIT
Old 03-13-2006, 08:02 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GRAW question?

Just got the game.Its fantastic. Can anyone tell me how to enable respawns while playing in co-op?
Old 03-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Just the facts...

when you are choosing the game type like firefight or whatever push x and you will create your own custom variant that will allow you to enable respawns, make the enemy density harder and so forth

and :ibmergewithofficialgrawthread:
Old 03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about on co-op campaign against the computer?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JoganJani
I'll say COD2 and GRAW are worth buying 360. Lot of people yell about online delay on COD2 however, I've played it 7 out of 10 times with no problem. Also the "patch" is due. GRAW is good online, have not played much in campign mode yet but whatever I've played is good.

ok then...time to start hunting down a 360!

how's the wireless controllers? should i buy an extra wireless or just stick with a corded as the extra?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Originally Posted by yanotkaj
What about on co-op campaign against the computer?

What do you mean? Like any other game you die you get another life. Its just not going to respawn right there that second you die. I like this game beucase it has save points and check points. They are very far apart form each other. So if you die you might to re play your last 5 or 10 minutes.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:29 PM
never stops!

ok then...time to start hunting down a 360!

how's the wireless controllers? should i buy an extra wireless or just stick with a corded as the extra?
I've a wireless controler, came with my premium system and am very happy. It has vibrations and all. I'll say get an extra wireless in case you wants co-op/multi on split screen. Also, if you buy Premium it comes with wireless.

Quick Reply: **OFFICIAL G.R.A.W. [xbox 360] Thread**