I don't get it...do you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:06 PM
What, me drive fast?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get it...do you?

The longer the "buzz"( if there was any) about the CL and CL-S fades, the more we get taken for granted on the roads. I don't get it. I would love to hear a real reason why people can look at even the tag saying 3.2 Type S....so they know it is a 6-cyl and the Type S says it has a bit more pepper on it than the normal CL. But lately I get crazy cars playing with me. Non-turbo 4-cyl cars think they are the sh!t???!!!

Just today I had a knucklehead in a 4 door Cavalier, tinted with a dragon sticker in the back window beep at me and try to "go". I had been watching him weave in and out of traffic for so long (8:30AM going into Boston) and finally the traffic broke. Strike me dead I didn't start a thing. You notice the people behind you that change lanes a lot since sometimes those people are cops!!! Anyway...he races up, does some hand signal, beeps, and steps on the gas and moves in front of me. I had some room to move if I wanted to. Honestly, at 65mph, I was a little surprised that the Cavalier went at all so I assume it was stick. It was a great time to make HIS move since it was a good break and I had time and space to shake my head and stomp on it. He heard me and looked over....he got up to about 80 when I was about 95 or 100mph and his doors were rattling (not really). The outcome was never in doubt but is this a thing that is going to happen more and more? the CLS nveer had street cred but a Cavalier thinking they could run me? I get similar sh!t from the OZ-Rally Mitsu and a few other ones that can't hang.

I admit that when I had my 2000 Prelude I suppose that I thought I could beat more than I actually could...but some of the cars I get now....anyone else have this issue? In my own defense, I miss my Prelude. For the 11k trade, I wish I kept it.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:44 PM
13.2 @ 104.76mph

i had a guy in like an 88 buick try to run me awhile ago. i just laughed and left it on cruise, but people will try to race anything i guess. he must of not seen the guages.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Blown LS6!!

On the other hand, we post kills, or attempts at kills, of cars that are supposed to be faster than ours. Does this mean we shouldn't even try given the likely outcome of our attempts? Or is it just the car enthusiast in all of us that just wants to have fun in our vehicles and run what we brung? There is no shame in losing to a car that is faster. I would hate for people to tell me to stop going to the strip or the auto-x just because my car is not "ideal" for those particular activities. The "why do you even bother" attitude of many people in "faster" cars doesn't fly with me. Just beat the guy and give him a thumbs up and go on your way. Say "Thank you, come again!"
Old 03-26-2005, 05:26 PM
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
On the other hand, we post kills, or attempts at kills, of cars that are supposed to be faster than ours. Does this mean we shouldn't even try given the likely outcome of our attempts? Or is it just the car enthusiast in all of us that just wants to have fun in our vehicles and run what we brung? There is no shame in losing to a car that is faster. I would hate for people to tell me to stop going to the strip or the auto-x just because my car is not "ideal" for those particular activities. The "why do you even bother" attitude of many people in "faster" cars doesn't fly with me. Just beat the guy and give him a thumbs up and go on your way. Say "Thank you, come again!"

Old 03-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Racer

Amen. If it wasn't fun, none of us would be car enthusiasts.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I love going against cars I shouldn't beat and smokin the ones I should. I can say atleast twice a week I go against my boy's 04' TL just hoping one day, I'll catch that gear and get him..It's fun..
Old 03-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Cruisin'

There is no shame in losing to a car that is faster. I would hate for people to tell me to stop going to the strip or the auto-x just because my car is not "ideal" for those particular activities. The "why do you even bother" attitude of many people in "faster" cars doesn't fly with me. Just beat the guy and give him a thumbs up and go on your way. Say "Thank you, come again!"
well said, and you never know when your car will suprise you. I remember the first time I raced a RX-8 at a stoplight, totaly expecting to lose but just walked away thrugh 2nd gear, hearing him whind that Roatery all the way up. At the next light he wouldn't even look over and didn't try to run again.
I also had a 96 4dr Neon playing with me on I-95, I'd speed off and cruse at 85-90 and he would try and zoom by, I'd let him get his bumper to my door gun it up to about 115-120 and just leave him. he just wants to catch up and do it again, grinning and thumbs up. we boath had fun.