Anybody race an NA Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody race an NA Supra?

I was going down the freeway today, and I see this red N/A Supra get on. He keeps ahead of me, and I'm trying to get next to him to bate him into a race. But every time I got beside him, someone got infront of me and I could lurch. So I finally got a clearing with just him and I, and he wouldn't go. Oh well. Would have been a fun race. Anybody else try it?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:29 AM
2015 RDX Base

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by All Mine
I was going down the freeway today, and I see this red N/A Supra get on. He keeps ahead of me, and I'm trying to get next to him to bate him into a race. But every time I got beside him, someone got infront of me and I could lurch. So I finally got a clearing with just him and I, and he wouldn't go. Oh well. Would have been a fun race. Anybody else try it?
Not an N/A supra, but a '96 TT supra modded heavily, running mid 10's. Needless to say I annihilated him. Haha, before the flames start I thought I should mention, this was in my Firehawk. Just thought I would share a good memory to cheer me up.

I did attemp to race a black Supra in my CL, he was turbo, not sure about mods. unfortunately I couldn't get a clear shot of road due to traffic.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by BadAcCLS
I did attemp to race a black Supra in my CL, he was turbo, not sure about mods. unfortunately I couldn't get a clear shot of road due to traffic.
THAT^my good sir, would not have been considered a race per se.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

He said he attempted, wasn't successful.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Racer

Twin turbo supras will rock CL's from here to your A-holes! Now the N/A's are slow as shit, I used to own a twin turbo so I should know from experience. The only way the CL might have a chance is if the supra is a pre 96' model auto twin turbo and its bone stock. The CL will have to have every N/A bolt on, and it has to be 6spd. Then maybe it might hang, but not on the highway. But the N/A supras for sure will lose to the CL's, they weigh more plus they have 40 less hp. Its just a simple power to weight ratio deal...
Old 12-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I second that NA supras you should have no trouble with... it won't take long before you blow past them...had one try to tailgate me and pass me in regular traffic with clear lanes ...I punched it and pulled about 2 cars easily....turbocharged ones are dangerous I don't think the CL could keep up unless the supra driver is the worst driver in the world.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by peakpowermotoring
Twin turbo supras will rock CL's from here to your A-holes! Now the N/A's are slow as shit, I used to own a twin turbo so I should know from experience. The only way the CL might have a chance is if the supra is a pre 96' model auto twin turbo and its bone stock. The CL will have to have every N/A bolt on, and it has to be 6spd. Then maybe it might hang, but not on the highway. But the N/A supras for sure will lose to the CL's, they weigh more plus they have 40 less hp. Its just a simple power to weight ratio deal...
I thought you were about to flame me for trying to race a TT Glad I kept reading. I know better than to mess with a TT.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:19 AM
2015 RDX Base

Had I been able to get a clear shot of road for him and I, I think the CL would've held it's own. But now since the supercharger is embedded into the motor I can't say I'll be able to hold my own any longer.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Racer

Had I been able to get a clear shot of road for him and I, I think the CL would've held it's own. But now since the supercharger is embedded into the motor I can't say I'll be able to hold my own any longer.
With a supercharger its a different story, you might hang upto freeway speeds but 120+ the supra tt will eat you alive...
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Racer

I agree that a tt supra would eat a cls up all day! But what if i told yall, I have met a guy, that has the fast TL type S on the east coast! He runs the 1/4 mile in 10 sec. I didn't believe it myself until he showed me his slip, and the video. He ran the 1/4 in 10.7 secs. In the video, people couldn't believe acura TL type S was that fast. But its very heavily modded. They put a custom turbo in it. The guy that sponsors him, wants to put a turbo in my CL type S, Im seriously thinking about it after seening that video. I don't think that guy is register on this site yet, but I talk to him everytime I go to the shop, cause he put a turbo in my brothers 95 corrolla. Well thats another subject, but anyway about the Video, he was racing a tt supra, and he stuck with him the whole way, the guy in the supra couldn't even believe it, the supra ran a 10.2 sec in the 1/4. Im going to tell him about this site, so he can post pics and vids, trust me, its a beautiful site to see. Some people on this site have heard about him around the area. I'll keep yall posted on anything else, and I'll try to get a list of all his mods too!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:36 PM
2015 RDX Base

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
I agree that a tt supra would eat a cls up all day! But what if i told yall, I have met a guy, that has the fast TL type S on the east coast! He runs the 1/4 mile in 10 sec. I didn't believe it myself until he showed me his slip, and the video. He ran the 1/4 in 10.7 secs. In the video, people couldn't believe acura TL type S was that fast. But its very heavily modded. They put a custom turbo in it. The guy that sponsors him, wants to put a turbo in my CL type S, Im seriously thinking about it after seening that video. I don't think that guy is register on this site yet, but I talk to him everytime I go to the shop, cause he put a turbo in my brothers 95 corrolla. Well thats another subject, but anyway about the Video, he was racing a tt supra, and he stuck with him the whole way, the guy in the supra couldn't even believe it, the supra ran a 10.2 sec in the 1/4. Im going to tell him about this site, so he can post pics and vids, trust me, its a beautiful site to see. Some people on this site have heard about him around the area. I'll keep yall posted on anything else, and I'll try to get a list of all his mods too!
I sure hope that tranny was heavily modified as well as suspension, I'm also guessing the motor was torn down and CR lowered. Sounds like if that ride is real they invested some major league change.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Missing my Acura's

I sure hope that tranny was heavily modified as well as suspension, I'm also guessing the motor was torn down and CR lowered. Sounds like if that ride is real they invested some major league change.
Sorry but the TL story sounds like
Old 12-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Missing my Acura's

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
Old 12-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Not an N/A supra, but a '96 TT supra modded heavily, running mid 10's. Needless to say I annihilated him. Haha, before the flames start I thought I should mention, this was in my Firehawk. Just thought I would share a good memory to cheer me up.

still waiting on pics of this bad ass fire chicken.

and yeah, i think we would have heard of this 10 sec. TL-S
Old 12-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by REDLINEN

You sound like BS! Just cause you haven't heard of a car like that, doesn't mean its not true, I have no reason to lie. Like I said before, I didn't believe it my self, until he showed me proof of it that it really did happen.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mattg

A few people have heard about it, but not everybody else. Some people around the Maryland area, have heard about it! Ive actually seen the car and the video. But don't doubt it, just cause you haven't heard about it yet.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Racer

yeah, the guy spent over 18 thousand dollars to get it worked on. Also, he has no tranny problem goes he got the 6-speed swap. It came auto, but he knew that the car would have all kind of tranny issues because of the power he had, so he went with the swap.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why spend all that change in a TL? why not buy a TT Supra when you add in a 30 grand sticker price when the TL was brand new?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CLsuperhero
Why spend all that change in a TL? why not buy a TT Supra when you add in a 30 grand sticker price when the TL was brand new?
Very true. A supra tt with just 1 wastegate hose pulled will boost 15 lbs and that means you added around 50hp. So that means 0 dollars for 50 more hp, much cheaper than modding a TL or CL to run 10's...
Old 12-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Soon to be H22 turbo!

well my friend has a 96 supra N/A but he put in a garrett t4 turbo w/ front mount, greddy exhaust, and it's pretty fast, but I haven't tried to race him in the cl yet! here's a site for you guys if you want!! http://minguez.lauts.com/
Old 12-19-2005, 08:10 PM
2015 RDX Base

Originally Posted by mattg

I posted pics a while back of the Firehawk, but here's a link..

2000 Firehawk
Old 12-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I Heart 6 Gears.

N/A supra = IS 300 = dog!
Old 12-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Advanced

My friend owned a NA supra and we raced frequently and I would literally crack his ass from a dead stop. However whenever we would run from a roll, he would crack my ass. Those NA Supras have a lot of top end. But I guess he got tired of me humiliating that Supra in the ¼ mile because he gave the car to his brother and bought a 98 TT Supra which now has a T88 on it. Needless to say, we don’t race any longer.