Which would you take

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:35 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which would you take

On the track, CaymanS or Z4 M coupe, a friend and I got in an arguement about them, inspite of the price difference. I would rather have the caymanS, he thinks the BMW will be the better track car because of horsepower. I like the new Z4 coupe and think its a great little car, but I just can't see it hanging with the porshce through the turns. He's not a huge car nut and has a soft spot for bmw so between the faster 0-60 and higher horsepower he thinks there would be no competetion. I don't have enough experience with either car to say conclusively, but I would be on the porsche's side on the track, in particular a small track(which he also didn't understand why that would matter).
Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
depends on the track. Like you said, long straights would leave me inclined to say Z4M, but then again, I've not had any seat time in either car, and am not sure how each is geared.

At the end of the day though if I had to choose, I'd just have to say Z4M Coupe. I think the M3 powerplant would shine. Just my
Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
I love Porsche, but between those 2, I'd get the Z4Mcoupe... Cayman just doesn't do it for me... I don't care what it does on the track...

One of the Magazines did a Boxster vs. Z4 roadster comparo, forget the outcome (but it was close), but I'm sure the coupes would match up similiarly..

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=BOXSTER