Whoo....i'm trembling right now...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Matt Kugs
I wanna scrap up enuff for a bike so I can keep my car in the garage instead to taking it to school. Can't wait/
If your school is like mine was/is...your bike will get fucked way more than your car would...but it could be different there.

While I agree with Jim...in that a bike would never be for me (well, maybe a dirtbike, where I don't have to worry about other drivers) if you guys enjopy it, then go for it...just be careful out there.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Katana18
I just got back from driving the bike, and i had it the fastest i've ever gone on it so far. Im still shaking from the adrenaline rush. We were and I-4 and decided to wind em out a little bit, I got up to 145mph. ........
are you nuts? are you out of your mind?

We want you to continue posting here, not dead or in the hospital for long months.

Use common sense and slow down. God, even sell that bike.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:52 AM
mushroom mushroom

The quickest I got an R6 up to was 155mph but only because it is was XMAS morning at 7AM on a smoothly paved highway.

I highly suggest if you want to get up to 180+ you make a very slow run scoping out the road for debris, potholes, ect.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jimcol711
when youre doing 140-180 mph and you bail, fucking chain mail body armor wont save your life, let alone leathers/gloves/helmet/boots.
once again i concur

might as well ride your bike naked at that speed...nothing will save you if even a pebble gets in your way

hope you've lived a fulfulling life...
Old 08-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Team Owner

I was on a 3-lane highway just the other week cruising at about 75MPH in the center lane.
I came up behind an 18 wheeler in my lane.
I checked my mirrors and all was clear so I hit the signal and proceeded into the leftmost lane.
Just as I’m about halfway into the lane this bike goes ripping by me on the left and nearly takes my drivers side mirror off.
I was doing 75 so I’m guessing he had to be doing 130 PLUS.
I never even saw his headlight because he was approaching so fast.
If he had hit me at that closing speed it probably would have killed us both and at the very least caused me to lose control and possibly spin into the trucks path.

There are too many of these nut-jobs on the roads now.
Hopefully when their luck runs out they will only take ONE life when they crash.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:11 PM
The Bearwok

you fucking morons are exactly why highway patrol continues to have to shovel dead mangled corpses off the highways. way to use your brain 140-150-180 mph on a bike, what does that do for you? do you have an orgasm? is it really worth risking your life? and the life of other people? i cant stand idiot biker boys, fucking lame, and stupid.

id suggest start using your brain before the buzzards are picking at your brain fragments cooking on the side of the freeway after your showboating gets you killed.

grow up. show respect for yourself and everyone else.
Yes, yes i do have an orgasm!

Awesome about the bike katana, i had a Ducati 996 all lined up, but i have a kid coming and i don't want to die before it is born.

BTW - The only time i have done 180 is in a Porsche 911 Turbo S, 140 on a bike is fine by me.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Originally Posted by charlesgage
Yes, yes i do have an orgasm!

Awesome about the bike katana, i had a Ducati 996 all lined up, but i have a kid coming and i don't want to die before it is born.

BTW - The only time i have done 180 is in a Porsche 911 Turbo S, 140 on a bike is fine by me.
I didn't wanna do this, but now I am posting the link again.

GROSS, repeat GROSS bike accident; NWS

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/...ry/1-7-04.html
Old 08-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Banned

its good for these idiots to see links like that because thats exactly what they are headed towards if they keep up there moronic behavior
Old 08-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Jesus thats fast.

I have to agree though....140 is a "touch" bit excessive. I drive on I4 every morning and I wouldnt take my car over 100 on it. Ive lived in 8 states and Florida drivers are by far the most God awful drivers in the US. You can be as careful as you want but all it takes is for one of these "illegals" or someone as old as :killer: to turn into your lane with no blinker.

Just watch yourself.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:42 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 976 Likes on 330 Posts
you are a moron
Old 08-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn man thats nuts.

I'd say keep it safe but its hard to while doing 180mph.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Banned

damn, i get back from work and a lotta bad reponses. First off, thanks for all your comments, but i'm sure theres some dumb shit you guys do also. About me going that fast, i know that section of I-4 like the back of my hand, and the section i was doing it on is freshly repaved, free of any potholes. Also there were no cars in front of me. And i was wearing protection. I WOULD NOT be going that fast around any other cars. the rest of the time i drive the speed limit and try to be as safe as possible. A lot of people on here are probably hypocrites, you cant tell me you've never topped out your car, or raced on the street. Just as bad! Its my decision to do what i did, not yours. I appreciate all your opinions, but dont condemn me for wanting speed. We see a million posts about how to go faster, and i raced so and so, but all thats ok. What about the drug users on this board? That will kill you also. Its all relative.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Safety Car

damn, i get back from work and a lotta bad reponses. First off, thanks for all your comments, but i'm sure theres some dumb shit you guys do also. About me going that fast, i know that section of I-4 like the back of my hand, and the section i was doing it on is freshly repaved, free of any potholes. Also there were no cars in front of me. And i was wearing protection. I WOULD NOT be going that fast around any other cars. the rest of the time i drive the speed limit and try to be as safe as possible. A lot of people on here are probably hypocrites, you cant tell me you've never topped out your car, or raced on the street. Just as bad! Its my decision to do what i did, not yours. I appreciate all your opinions, but dont condemn me for wanting speed. We see a million posts about how to go faster, and i raced so and so, but all thats ok. What about the drug users on this board? That will kill you also. Its all relative.
Yep, driving 100 mph in a car on an empty road is just as bad as going 140 on a bike...

Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Safety Car

http://community.webshots.com/album/166215570mnoMZg
Old 08-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Instructor

OMG!!! If that doesn't make ya wanna slow down, nothing will.

"Deer Park, that's good water..."
Old 08-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

holy shit !!
Old 08-21-2004, 01:48 AM
SSM Accord V6 6 Spd

I remember once I was getting on the highway here in Austin, and I looked over my shoulder once so I could switch lanes. I even remember saying to myself "Those Grand Prixs aren't such bad cars" (please don't ask why). Anyways, I look over my shoulder one more time and I couldn't believe what I saw. This motorcycle flys by me at 130+ mph.

Here's the kicker: He was on his stomach. Thats right, he was holding onto the handlebars and was laying on the bike on his stomach. It looked like he was flying, just like Superman....I mean, if I hadn't looked twice before switching lanes, I would have killed him for sure. Not to mention that a 500lb object flying at 130mph won't feel very nice on impact.

I think the important thing to take away from all of this is that no one is trying to hurt your feelings, rather they care about you enough not to drive so dangerously.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:25 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by bkknight369
Yep, driving 100 mph in a car on an empty road is just as bad as going 140 on a bike...

esp. a bike you just got and then being a beginner rider. Smart move chief!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:27 AM
teh Senior Instigator

http://www.crownvic.us/movies/hallowtest.wmv
Old 08-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Banned

this is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard, youve got to be kidding me.

100 mph in a car these days is nothing, all cars built now can EASILY handle 100 mph very safely, they have adequate tires, suspension, brakes, steering systems, etc. in the event of a loss of control of a car at 100mph on an "empty road" 99 times out of a 100, the driver will live. whats the worst that can happen? you hit the gaurd rail and fuck up the side of your car? you run off the road into a ditch or corn field? hit the center concrete barrier and scrape up the side of the car? big fucking deal. sure, of you wrap around a pole or something, your chances of living are less, but most cases of accidents that involve a single car on an open road with a car going 100 mph (and obviously decellerating as the accident occurs) are not fatal.

on a bike, youre fucking dead. plain and simple.

you moron biker boys need to look at the link thats posted a few posts up. look at that guys fucking back. holy shit is that gross. hes lucky he even lived, and im sure he wasnt going anywhere near 140...or even 100. his flesh is ripped off his body!!! you idiots think it cant happen to you? im sorry to be so blunt but this is just unreal. its absolutely unreal how fucking stupid some people can be.

ill tell ya, i love motorcycles and have alot of respect for them and SAFE, RESPONSIBLE people who ride them, but for fucking moron guys that showboat, i have no respect.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:50 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm with Jim 100%
Old 08-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Banned

Ok, lets get this shit straight. I was not showboating. I do not do wheelies, endo's, sit on the tank, all that crazy shit. I drive safe and responsible. So what i wanted to wind it out a little and get some speed. Unless NO ONE HERE has ever topped out their car, or raced another person, you cant tell me shit. All that crazy stuff you guys mentioned, i dont do any of it. I did my run on a road i knew well, thats freshly repaved, wearing safety gear, around midnight with NO traffic. Of course riding a bike is dangerous. These days, just walking out your front door is dangerous. I dont know, maybe if you dont know how free you feel on a bike you just wont get it. Either way, i can get where some people are coming from, but i'm not one of those 'biker boys' you see doing crazy shit.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

100 mph in a car these days is nothing, all cars built now can EASILY handle 100 mph very safely
You do realize he was being sarcastic?
Old 08-21-2004, 05:06 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Ok, lets get this shit straight. I was not showboating. I do not do wheelies, endo's, sit on the tank, all that crazy shit. I drive safe and responsible. So what i wanted to wind it out a little and get some speed. Unless NO ONE HERE has ever topped out their car, or raced another person, you cant tell me shit. All that crazy stuff you guys mentioned, i dont do any of it. I did my run on a road i knew well, thats freshly repaved, wearing safety gear, around midnight with NO traffic. Of course riding a bike is dangerous. These days, just walking out your front door is dangerous. I dont know, maybe if you dont know how free you feel on a bike you just wont get it. Either way, i can get where some people are coming from, but i'm not one of those 'biker boys' you see doing crazy shit.

car vs bike

HUGE difference
Old 08-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Safety Car

100 mph in a car these days is nothing, all cars built now can EASILY handle 100 mph very safely, they have adequate tires, suspension, brakes, steering systems, etc. in the event of a loss of control of a car at 100mph on an "empty road" 99 times out of a 100, the driver will live. whats the worst that can happen? you hit the gaurd rail and fuck up the side of your car? you run off the road into a ditch or corn field? hit the center concrete barrier and scrape up the side of the car? big fucking deal. sure, of you wrap around a pole or something, your chances of living are less, but most cases of accidents that involve a single car on an open road with a car going 100 mph (and obviously decellerating as the accident occurs) are not fatal.

on a bike, youre fucking dead. plain and simple.

you moron biker boys need to look at the link thats posted a few posts up. look at that guys fucking back. holy shit is that gross. hes lucky he even lived, and im sure he wasnt going anywhere near 140...or even 100. his flesh is ripped off his body!!! you idiots think it cant happen to you? im sorry to be so blunt but this is just unreal. its absolutely unreal how fucking stupid some people can be.

ill tell ya, i love motorcycles and have alot of respect for them and SAFE, RESPONSIBLE people who ride them, but for fucking moron guys that showboat, i have no respect.
scarcism jim...scarcism
Old 08-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Banned

scarcism jim...scarcism

ahhhh, my bad dude
Old 08-22-2004, 01:11 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn 145 on a bike must be scary as shit
Old 08-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Burning Brakes

well, on the bright side, another 10 more mph, and you would have been able to fly if you had wings on the bike since air speed is 150mph.

BTW, you should be careful...i crashed my bike going about 70mph on a curve...rear tire slid on some gravel and pine needles, lost control, and the bike dragged the left side of my body for a good 50 yards at least before crashing into a parked vehicle which luckily stopped me from sliding any further. Before laying down the bike, i almost regained control except my left elbow slammed into the side of a telephone pole and eventually i couldnt hold the bike straight anymore...

Worst of all, this happened on Thanksgiving day...What a holiday to remember and be thankful for..

Im lucky to be alive today and if ur gonna ride, do it responsibly...life is all about taking chances but not when ur risking ur life for something as stupid as a bike...take my advice, it aint fun having a shattered elbow, road rash on a significant portion of ur body, and a knee where you could actually see the cartilage and where the bones connect.

Ride safe and ride within ur limits...and never be over confident...good luck bro
Old 08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
teh Senior Instigator

you are teh smartest

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90297
Old 08-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Fuck the haters, as long as your careful and not endangering anybody else. I have seen 182 on my bike before, biggest high in the world.

I know the first sentence is an oxymoron
Old 08-25-2004, 03:24 PM

Fuck you who ever gave me negative rep points on this and was chicken shit not to leave thier name. you probably have never ridden a bike anyways
Old 08-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Originally Posted by gdubb
Fuck you who ever gave me negative rep points on this and was chicken shit not to leave thier name. you probably have never ridden a bike anyways
I forgot to add my name, and it is not cool to "fuck the haters"

We have a point, we dont want you TO DIE.

And yes I have ridden a 600.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by zamo
I forgot to add my name, and it is not cool to "fuck the haters"

We have a point, we dont want you TO DIE.

And yes I have ridden a 600.

you know people do things everyday that can get themselves killed, like drving in their car, walking down the street. Hell anything, why not go out enjoy life and do what makes you happy. wether it being riding a bike, skydiving, snowboarding, all of these are dangerous but yet it brings the biggest joy to some people's lives. Living on the edge is where some people are, and as long as it does not endager me or you or anybody else, that person should do whatever makes you happy.

Thanks for the rep points, no need on my part giving you neg ones. That would be immature on my part. I unlike you respect what you said and understand why you said it.

And i still say Fuck the haters!!

Enjoy your bike Katana
Old 08-25-2004, 03:46 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by gdubb
you know people do things everyday that can get themselves killed, like drving in their car, walking down the street. Hell anything, why not go out enjoy life and do what makes you happy. wether it being riding a bike, skydiving, snowboarding, all of these are dangerous but yet it brings the biggest joy to some people's lives. Living on the edge is where some people are, and as long as it does not endager me or you or anybody else, that person should do whatever makes you happy.

Thanks for the rep points, no need on my part giving you neg ones. That would be immature on my part. I unlike you respect what you said and understand why you said it.

And i still say Fuck the haters!!

Enjoy your bike Katana

This is true, but from what it sounds like Katana is a pretty inexperienced rider and any experienced rider will be calling him a moron right now also. Because it's inexperienced riders crashing that leaves a mess for the experienced riders to clean up.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by CLpower
This is true, but from what it sounds like Katana is a pretty inexperienced rider and any experienced rider will be calling him a moron right now also. Because it's inexperienced riders crashing that leaves a mess for the experienced riders to clean up.

I totally agree, I warned him in his first thread not to "follow the pack" and try to ride above what you can handle.