What's Your Car History?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019 | 05:13 PM

What's Your Car History?

Posted this on another forum after a flood of car related threads, figured it'd probably get more traction (pun) here.

What your car history?

1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D
Bought in 2002 with >300k miles on it (stopped odometer). Hindsight, was a perfect car for a 16 year old driver. As I recall it had something like 64hp when it was new, to date, still the slowest car I've ever driven.
Drove it for about 9 months. Was rear ended by an F150 on a light rain day as I was slowing for a stop light. Heard the squealing tires & looked in the rear view mirror in time to watch the trunk fold in half. Luckily no one was in front of me & the cross traffic light hadn't changed yet.
Despite the hard hit, you could still open & close the back door unimpeded.
Did something like $7k in damage to a car that was worth about $2k.

1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
Bought in 2003 to replace the totalled 240D.
Again with over 300k miles & a stopped odometer. The turbo-diesel I5 had a bit more pep than the non-turbo 240D. It wasn't until we were selling it that we had a buyer notice that the wastegate was stuck open, so it was only quicker because it had an extra cylinder.
Drove it through high school & sold it before heading off to college.

1987 Chevrolet Suburban Silverado
Was an extra car we had in our family. Drove it in the interim when the above 240D had transmission issues & the time between the 240D & 300SD.
We bought it in 1994 & still have it. It's since been retired to ranch duty & lives down in S TX on our property. Has also been converted into a crew cab pickup (rear roof & windows cut out, tailgate removed, pickup cab back welded in.

1996 Saturn SL2
Purchased about a month before I headed off to college in 2004.
IIRC, we bought it from a coworker of my dad's that had replaced the engine & was just using it as an RV tow-car.
3 accidents in this one. Lost traction in a 270* exit ramp in Austin & slid into the guardrail, light fender (plastic) damage & alignment thrown off.
Lost rear traction in a lane change & slid into the trailer of a semi. Pure luck on this one, as it could've been much worse. Car slid in the rear (still unsure how, was not speeding) and pointed me right at the side of the trailer. Countersteered & hit the jack of the trailer, and luckily spun outward from the trailer & stopped partially on the sidewalk. Fender, hood & 'frame' damage where the jack hit the car, A/C never worked right after that either. No injuries, luckily.
The one that did it in: On my way to class after moving back to Houston. Waiting to pull into a parking lot near a large high school during the morning rush. Cars in the opposite direction made a gap & waved me through. Didn't realize the 3rd lane was empty & got t-boned by an SUV, about where the R rear door & fender meet.. Similar to the 240D accident, I looked over right before he hit me & watched it happen. Car executed a rapid 360*, couple broken windows & tossed my speaker box from the trunk (landed about 25ft from the car).
The Saturn was a good car, did quite a bit of autocross in it & had a good time beating some kids in more expensive cars with a bone stock, automatic, Saturn.

1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Replaced the Saturn with something a bit more fun to drive.
5 speed manual, 2 doors, and a near 8k redline. Prior experience tamed my driving down a bit & the Civic lasted a good while without too many major problems until the transmission started going out.
Threw in a new trans & clutch, and drove it for a while longer until I got tired of the heavy clutch & manual transmission in heavy Houston traffic.
Sold & decided to get a car with an automatic.

1996 Infiniti J30
An interesting one & to this day don't recall seeing too many on the roads.
Similar to how this Lexus IS300 was like a 4-door non-turbo Supra, the J30 was effectively a 4-door, automatic, non-turbo 300ZX (drivetrain-wise).
Was a fun car & handled pretty well.
Had Reverse fail in the transmission, and Infiniti wanted $4k to replace it. Found a used trans with a warranty via LQK for $300 & got a mechanic to replace it for $150.
Sold the car shortly afterward. Hurrican Ike came through Houston & the >$4/gal for Premium was too much for a broke college student.

1993 Honda Accord SE
Inherited from my sister when she got a new car.
My dad had bought it from a customer (he was working in svc at a Honda dealer at the time) with a blown engine, for $200.
Put a good engine in it & drove it through the rest of college.
Donated to a family in need that my parents knew.

2000 Acura TL
Bought off a friend of my dad's with a blown transmission.
Put in a new transmission & drove this one for about 4.5 years.
Toward the end, the transmission was starting to slip in 1st, it had a terrible hot start issue (felt like running on 2 cylinders), and the A/C didn't cool amazingly well.
Traded in at about 245k miles for my wife's Ford Flex.

2004 Honda Civic LX
Inherited from my wife when she got the Flex. A good car that ran great & saw as high as 38mpg (drafting my dad in his Silverado on a long highway drive).
Only problem we had out of it was that it jumped timing while driving (1 tooth, luckily, which wasn't enough to cause piston+valve death).
Donated to my sister when we bought a truck.

2016 Ford F150 XLT
Bought to further help with my wife's business, as loading/unloading everything from her Flex was putting a strain on her back.
Did a lot of shopping on this one & drove multiple 2013-14 F150s, to the point of getting 99% through a deal on a 2014 before the dealer pulled the plug on it do to a safety recall that made the truck unable to be sold retail. Found that a new 2016 could be had for about the same price.
Lucky for the warranty on this one. Multiple visits to the dealer for issues with the panoramic sunroof (rattles, squeaks).
Treaded in just prior to warranty expiration, as the dealer was unable to resolve the sunroof issues & I was past the limit for lemon law.

Current Garage Occupants:
2013 Ford Flex SEL
Wife's current DD
We decided we wanted a larger vehicle with our growing family, and my wife was in an MLM company and needed the cargo space for hauling her inventory.
Still have this one & just over 150k miles.
Problem free (apart from the no crank issue I'd posted on here) & low maintenance so far. Has only needed gas, oil changes & 1 set of tires.

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport
Current DD for me.
When we decided to get rid of the truck, I test drove just about everything that I had even remote interest in. Kia Stinger, Honda Accord, Mazda6, Hyundai Genesis/G80, VW GTI, VW Golf Alltrack, Mercedes C400.
The Stinger was my top choice, but they had just come out & dealers were not budging much off of full MSRP. GTI wasa my 2nd choice, but the Autobahn trim was out of our budget.
Was just about set to make a deal on a new Mazda6, when I stumbled on the Mercedes.
Drove a couple C400s & loved them, but the plug was pulled on those when I talked to my ins agent. Premiums were nearly double what they are for the C300.
Ended up in a CPO C300 with 16k miles for almost 50% of original sticker price.
A few warranty repaired issues later & the car has been great. Only original complaint is that the OE Continental tires wore out to the wear bars on the rear in just 16k miles.

2001 Indian Scout
Not technically mine, but living in my garage at the moment. Belongs to my father-in-law who is en route to relocating to Houston after selling their house in CA. He's made a few trips out here & brought a few loads to make the final move a bit easier. Conveniently, he left the keys & it gets ridden a bit by me on a nice day.
The following 5 users liked this post by 00TL-P3.2:
CLtotheTL32 (08-30-2019), nist7 (08-30-2019), rockstar143 (08-30-2019), teh CL (08-30-2019), TylerT (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019 | 05:17 PM
Senior Moderator

First car I purchased was the 2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S which led me to here. I replaced the coupe with the 2010 Infiniti FX50 and slightly before that, as we got married, I inherited my wife's 2005 Mazda Mazda3 GT sedan.

The latter got replaced with a MINI Cooper S Countryman All4 which got traded in recently for the 2019 Audi S5 Sportback.

That's it. We'll probably replace the FX50 in 3-4 years and get another crossover? Thinking staying in Audi but who knows...I do like BMWs too.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yumcha:
00TL-P3.2 (08-29-2019), CLtotheTL32 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-29-2019 | 05:35 PM
Turd Polisher

2001 Acura TL:

Mom was very generous to let me use this as a first car during high school / college. It had around 52,000 miles and surprise, transmission blew up 4,000 miles later . This is actually what lead me to this forum initially

This is before I really knew about how fragile the transmission was .. and was hoping my parents wouldn't get pissed for killing it. Transmission rebuilt under warranty, sold it a year later to fund the 3G.

2004 Acura TL:

I sold the 2001 TL and put it down as a down payment on a 3G.

Purchased with 60,000 miles, I drove it for almost 3 years and I got to say, other than it's autotragic, probably one of the better cars I've owned. Parts of me still misses the look / feel of the 3G, but I sold it with around 105,000 miles on the clock.

2003 Toyota Tacoma - 2WD single cab

Purchased the truck cash to try and get out of the whole car scene ... it literally caused me to live paycheck to paycheck at a time where I didn't make much money. Drove it 15,000 miles and dumped it a few years later. Great little truck and took abuse.

2003 Honda Accord 6MT Coupe:

Probably one of the best cars I've owned - bought at 90,000 miles, totaled it at 145,000 miles .

Car had full bolt-ons, RPF1s, lowered, plenty of suspension bits. Car surprised a lot of people, I'd suspect it put down 250whp and a bit less torque ... drove it 25,000 miles a year until it met it's demise.

2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6MT:

Biggest piece of shit I've ever owned - purchase with 90,000 miles, car needed timing chain guides, had low oil pressure, every single suspension component in front / rear was creaking, 2 broken door handles, failing slave cylinder.

Totaled a year later, somebody pulled out in front of me and that was that.

2003 Acura CL-S 6MT:

This car was definitely one of the most underrated cars I've owned. I had a few modifications on it, but the car was very well built and put together. Purchased from the original owner with all services records, it was extremely clean and mostly stock. I installed some coilovers, Comptech mid-section of the exhaust, and did some maintenance on it.

Knee jerk reaction and it was sold which funded the S2000. Fuck, I miss that car.

One random thing I noticed is, it has the most comfortable seats out of all the cars I've owned. I took it on a trip from Utah to San Diego in 1 sitting and I didn't feel fatigued or sore at all ... it was quite something.

2004 Honda S2000:

Needs no introduction .. car was phenomenal and handled constant abuse from 115,000 miles to 164,000 until I sold it. Multiple track days, impeccable maintenance ... it really made me appreciate good engineering / a solid chassis.

This is the only car that consistently scared the shit of me on a weekly basis ...

Fuck me, I miss this car most.

2001 Audi S4:

Needs no introduction. Childhood dream car that I went down a deep rabbit hole with.

2007 Honda Fit:

Current daily .. needs lots of TLC. Incredibly reliable and fuel efficient car for what it is ... just rolled over 222k miles

Last edited by TylerT; 08-29-2019 at 05:37 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by TylerT:
00TL-P3.2 (08-29-2019), CLtotheTL32 (08-30-2019), kurtatx (08-29-2019), teh CL (08-30-2019)
Old 08-29-2019 | 05:50 PM
Azine Jabroni

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
My car when I had planned to use it for a couple of years and then travel the world with an old job. It was a total piece of trash. When I moved to Texas, I had a ton of issues passing cars on the highways.

2008 Audi A4
Swapped out the Cobalt for an A4 in 2010. It was everything I wanted in a car. It was an absolute joy to drive. Unfortunately, it started consuming oil and then oil started getting in the coolant. Happened a few times and I had enough. Loved that car, though.

2013 Acura TSX
Despite this car bringing me here, this was me settling for something I didn't want. It was an upscale Honda in every sense. I had it for 4 years and finally got bored.

2017 Audi A4
It was so refreshing to get back into the four rings. I took a two year lease. It was as base as they come. No LED headlights, no Virtual cockpit, no parking sensors. I liked it, but I happened to stumble on to something more permanent and better.

2018 Audi S4
This is my car now. I love it. Fast, decently loud, extremely comfortable. It has all the things I missed from the Premium A4 with none of the crap I didn't want. I got a great price but there are minor issues I need to deal with (The paint isn't in great condition, there is a small tear in the trim on the back door which I try not to think about). Other than those things, it's my dream car and I'll be keeping it for the foreseeable future (fingers crossed)
The following 2 users liked this post by kurtatx:
CLtotheTL32 (08-30-2019), TylerT (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019 | 06:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Jeezus, no way I could answer this succinctly except to say, 13 Hondas/Acuras, 5 BMW's, a Ford pickup, LTD, and a Torino, Lincoln Mercury Cougar, Dodge, Dart, Mazda CX-9, a 350Z convertible and a Jeep Wrangler. Think that's it.

Last edited by Chief F1 Fan; 08-29-2019 at 06:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chief F1 Fan:
CLtotheTL32 (08-30-2019), kurtatx (08-29-2019)
Old 08-30-2019 | 06:38 AM

2005 Ford F-150 Lariat
First vehicle, total impulse purchase. 5.4L V8 at 16 years old means lots of wasted gas. Got bored and sold it after 3 months.

2001 Acura CL Type-S
I saw this vehicle on sale when I bought the F150, but was convinced I wanted a truck. I bought the CL the day I sold the F-150. Absolutely loved loved loved this car...I regret selling it everyday. This vehicle was totaled 3 months after I sold it and it was sent to the crusher

2004 Acura TL
I thought I needed a sedan...I didn't. But this vehicle brought me to Acurazine and I've made some awesome friends because of it. I spent too much money on this car but it was a good learning experience when it came to modifications. Like the CL, this vehicle was totaled just a few months after I sold it

2005 Honda S2000
I've been dreaming of this car since I was in Driver's Ed. Sometimes I wish I would have waited for a Laguna Blue Pearl example to pop up within my budget, but the silver is easy to keep clean. It's such an engaging car...I drive it every chance I get.

2011 Toyota Tacoma
Items you buy at Lowe's don't fit in a S2000, so a truck was needed. This truck has absolutely no options I wanted, but it was a locally-owned 1-Owner with perfect service history. I'm at 180k miles and it's a tank. No leaks or major repairs.

2017 Lexus ES 350
Free lease through work
The following users liked this post:
Costco (09-02-2019)
Old 08-30-2019 | 07:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Me
1991 Acura Integra GS 2-door hatchback 5-speed - gone
1999 Acura TL - gone
2013 Hyundai Genesis Rspec sedan - current

Wife
2003 Nissan Altima - gone
2006 Toyota Sienna - gone
2017 Ford Explorer Sport - current

Own more houses than cars...priceless
nist7 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019 | 07:36 AM
GEEZER

Way too many to list.
Old 08-30-2019 | 08:11 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Way too many to list.
I hear you don't own an Acura
Old 08-30-2019 | 09:10 AM
Turd Polisher

Originally Posted by kurtatx

I was only interested in buying the MDX for my wife so I can stay on these boards ...
1killercls (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019 | 10:13 AM

1997 Acura 2.2CL 5MT

This was my first car ever, purchased in high school after saving for 4 years at my first job. Such a surreal feeling looking back now. Initially wanted a 6th gen Accord coupe but for some reason the CL popped up in my radar & the rest is history.

The CL will forever live on/haunt my dreams since it's what got me hooked into modding & working on my own cars. 3 motor swaps & 2 colour changes later, I learned so much from that damn car. Still run into random ppl from high school that bring up the CL, everyone loved that thing..

Definitely "the one that got away".

1991 Nissan 240SX auto

First winter beater I bought so that I could store the CL for the winter. Bought it for $200 & couldn't even get it on a lift since the rockers were so rotted

So much fun but the worst winter beater ever. Sketch is best way to describe it. It was short lived since the transmission took a shit before winter was over..

1993 Chevy Cavalier auto

Another beater to replace the 240 which I initially hated the idea of but slowly grew to accept for what it was. Pretty sure that was short lived as well with the tranny going out..

1994 Nissan Altima auto

Final beater I bought that ended up being one of the most solid cars I've ever owned. Bought it from my buddies mom since they were going to scrap it, he mentioned it was "fucked" & wouldn't even drive it down the street. First day I had it, I loaded it up with 5 guys and drove it over the border to go to Mighty Taco & back. Never had an issue with it, literally drove it everywhere and anywhere. Still chirp my buddy about that one.

1997 Honda Accord Coupe EXR 5MT

After the CL ended up getting scrapped, I was without a car for a year or so & finally had enough of not having my own car. Bought it cheap since it needed some TLC but ended up being one of my favourite cars to date. Unfortunately it was short lived after my buddy wrote it off..

1998 Acura 2.3CL 5MT

Bought this from a local buddy that ended up buying my H23 swap from the OG CL. He never had any luck with the car so I grabbed it cheap & swapped in a F20B. Had a blast with this car & always thought of it as the second coming of the OG CL. Still have it to this date even though it never gets driven.

2003 Acura CL-S 6MT

Initially bought it cheap to J swap the CL but fell in love with the car. Ended up doing my first J35 swap & had too much fun with it, shredded tires in 3rd gear..

2006 Acura RL Aspec 5AT

The CL-S started showing its age and needed more TLC that I was willing to do. Always loved the Aspecs & it just happened to pop up for the right price. I loved this car and still own it to this day & have no intentions of getting rid of it any time soon. She's been relegated to wife duty but she loves driving it. I've actually been driving it again for the last few weeks with the V down & it's such a great car.

2005 Acura TL 6MT

Bought the TL as a beater so that I could get some downtime with the RL. The TL was in rough shape & ended up needing a motor so the the only logical thing to do was to J35 swap it..

Car was a blast with the J35 swap and ended up handing it down to my brother & it's still going strong.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V 6MT

This was a dream car for a long time but never put much thought into them since they were way above my budget. Started making better money & made the call to jump into something with power. Ended up finding one on the other side of the country that worked with my budget. Hands down the most terrifying decision I've made buying a car sight unseen & driving it across the country.

That was just over a year ago & has been the best decision I've made so far. She's patiently awaiting a first start after being torn down the last few weeks for a heads/cam swap.

Looking back now, I've had many ups and downs but I definitely wouldn't be where I am now without all those experiences. Also, I still haven't learned my lesson to leave cars untouched..
TylerT (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019 | 10:20 AM
slobalt defender

2003 Acura TL-P - Gold - Drove through high school and traded in when trans started failing.
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS - Black - Drove through college and still have. Big turbo and built motor now.
1994 Acura Legend LS 6MT 3.5L - Red - My daily after college and still have. Motor swap, repaint, etc...
1993 Acura Legend LS 6MT 3.2L - Red - Part out and long gone.
1994 Acura Legend LS Auto 3.2L - Black - Part out and long gone.
1994 Acura Legend LS 6MT 3.5L - White - Car was a POS, traded in.
1994 Acura Legend LS 6MT 3.2L - DMM - Current garage queen and rarely driven
1993 Acura Legend L 5MT 3.2L - Red - Part out and long gone.
1994 Acura Legend LS 6MT - Blue - Part out and long gone.
2014 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost - Black - My current daily driver.
nist7 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019 | 12:34 PM
GEEZER

Originally Posted by kurtatx
Old 08-30-2019 | 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

2004 Acura TL 6MT

This was my first car and the only one I think I have ever grown emotionally attached to. I owned it for 7 years, which is longer than any other car on this list. It made it to 200k miles on the stock clutch and showed no signs of slowing down, but unfortunately it was totaled. Had it not been totaled, it would be in my current stable.

2016 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan

I bought this 6 months into my career after the TL got totaled. I wanted the most practical car possible for my long commute to work. I was rear ended while I was completely stopped at a traffic jam and the car was deemed a total loss. I owned the car for 8 months and got an insurance payout that was much higher than what I bought the car for new.

I may eventually own another one of these due to how practical of a commuter car they are. Easy on gas, maintenance, insurance, etc.

2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan

This car was a beat-up POS I bought from a family member that used it for years as a commuter car. It lasted me an entire year before the transmission gave out. I loved driving this thing because prior to this I was always worried about my cars getting scratched or dinged, but with this thing I didn't care. I remember during the winter I literally used it as a snow plow.

2012 Yamaha R6

Not a car, but without a doubt the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. There is no substitue for 17K RPMs underneath you. I ended up riding it a ton and put it up for sale to see if anyone would be dumb enough to give me way more than I paid for it. Turns out there was someone that dumb, so I ended up selling it. It was black on black and got me a compliment on the road basically every time I rode it.

I have yet to find a car under 100k that has the fun factor this thing had.

2004 BMW 330CI Convertible 6MT

This was my only impulse vehicle purchase and I did it because I spent the better half of the previous decade wishing I could afford one. The car was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed dropping the top and cruising. I owned it during the same time that I had the bike and it was nowhere near as fun to drive as the bike, so I ended up trading it in to Carmax for almost what I paid for it.

2017 Toyota Tacoma Sport DCSB

This is my second new vehicle purchase. I took another shoot at being super practical with this one, except this time I wasn't that practical. Buying a fully loaded 40k truck to be a garage queen isn't exactly "practical". The next owner of this truck will be basically buying a new car since it rarely gets driven and sits in a climate controlled garage.

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

I bought this as a commuter car after the 2000 Accord had to go due to transmission issues. I've owned it for 2 years now and put 50k miles on it. I have literally spent nothing on this car and can probably sell it today for what I paid for it. The undercarriage of the car still looks almost new since it was a CA car its whole life.

I'm currently at 150k miles and hope to make it to 200k before moving on.
nist7 (08-30-2019)
Old 09-01-2019 | 07:26 PM
registered pw

Too many. I think we are over 35 cars as of right now.
Old 09-02-2019 | 12:52 PM

1997 Civic EX Coupe 4AT
My first taste of VTEC, even if all you could feel was extra noise. Hand-me-down first car, was my sister's first new car. Served me and the family well (for two decades), bouncing around as a beater until we decided to get rid of it for peanuts due to rising maintenance costs.

1995 Integra LS 5MT
I desperately wanted a manual car. Despite barely making over minimum wage I scraped up enough money over time to buy one with a really fucked paint job, but solid mechanically. Loved this car. Learned how to wrench on it, and learned how not to wrench on it (JB Welded transmission drain fill housing, stripped spark plug threads). Learned how to drive stick and how not to drive with it, too. Overcooked it going into a turn late at night on a twisty backroad, let the back end get light and spun into the side of the canyon.

2003 TL-S
My mom's car which I got to take out on occasion and eventually got as a hand-me-down. Ended up bouncing around as well. One year ago a pickup truck rear ended it, crunching up the quarter panels and totaling it. Surprisingly, original transmission at roughly 150k.

2002 Camaro Z28 6MT
Always wanted these as a kid after seeing one do a massive burnout in front of my elementary, and I liked the prospect of open-air motoring (T-top). Wanted an S2000 but couldn't afford one I wanted, plus I lived in a not-so-great neighborhood. Eventually sold because I got tired of fixing it - water pump, alternator, both window motors/regulators, radiator, various other little problems. It was fun, but I don't miss it.

2014 BRZ 6MT
Still wanted an S2000 but couldn't pull the trigger. Was in love with the looks of the car in pre-production photos circa 2012, the folding backseat came in handy many times. Enjoy driving it, but the itch for a new car is there after six years of ownership, regardless.

1998 Montero SR 4AT
The big, boxy one. Wanted a 4Runner or a Jeep for off-roading but couldn't justify the expense for something I would drive so seldomly - only put 5k miles in two years. This ended up being much cheaper than the first car I ever bought, the Integra ($1000 vs $2700). If I roll this thing or otherwise mess it up, I won't be too sad. Still needs work but can handle easier trails, no problem. Also, now I can go for a pure two-seater and not have to worry about cargo or passenger capacity.
Old 09-02-2019 | 07:29 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

2003 Honda Accord
This was the family car that came in around the time I got my license. Drove it around during high school and a year or two after. It was a pretty nice car, nothing super special objectively but as a teenager having any car at all was dope, let alone anything less than five years old. Learned how to drive, how to detail, and how to do snowy handbrake turns in this car. I think the only non-regular service it needed was a new starter. Got sandwiched on the highway driving home from moving my stuff to school.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta
2.0 8 valve motor, a whopping 115hp. It was extremely slow and high-revving on the highway. The manual made it considerably more enjoyable to drive than it otherwise would have been. I'd driven manual cars before but IMO there's no way to really learn until you own one yourself. I was too broke/scared to do much more than oil changes and a set of brake pads. So I left the cracked coilpacks and let it misfire whenever it was wet or humid out. It was otherwise a pretty reliable car than I enjoyed owning. It got rear-ended pretty badly while parked on the street. I was sad to see it go.

2001 Honda Accord
My future 911 will be the second-coolest car I own behind this one. Switched schools and got this as a commuter. This car was (relatively) reliable for the 2 1/2 years I owned it and drove it. It came with an intake catback, suspension, and a carbon fiber hood, which was a fun talking point. It sounded great under WOT, and was a rocket ship compared to the Jetta. The clear was already peeling when I bought it so I didn't take its looks too seriously.

I added summer wheels, and a lot of mileage and memories in this car. Learned how to change a timing belt, valve cover gasket, replaced the header and flex pipe, and quite a few other things. The exhaust liked to come off its hangers regularly, and the intake was duct taped where a mount broke off for longer than I care to admit.

By the time I put it away, it was leaking fuel, power steering fluid, oil from at least 3 places, coolant - I think quite literally everything except brake fluid. It didn't have fog lights or a cat anymore, and was rocking a $62 header. Because of where the fuel leak was and how long my commute at the time was, I had to stop at the the gas station literally every day, and put only $10-15 in to get be to school and back without having fuel spill over.

I was in the middle of final exams and 2 weeks from graduation when the clutch hard line failed, so I parked it and drove my mom's Passat. When I looked at it after exams were done, the fuel pump had also failed. I only had one parking spot in my underground garage, so it had to go to make room for something more reliable and presentable at job interviews. If I could have found any room for a second car I would have kept it. It was a fun car to own, and still had some life to give.

2009 Mazda 6
This was the reliable and presentable at job interviews car. For $5000 it had the most features and the body was in great shape. Leather, fogs, HIDs, proximity key and push button start, Bluetooth, etc. It wasn't a bad car, and the transmission was fun to shift. Unfortunately the reason it was so cheap is because of excessive rust underneath. I poked at the front subframe one day during an oil change and the rusty steel came apart in my fingers. The rear subframe wasn't far behind, and replacing them both was prohibitively expensive.

2014 VW Passat
Continuing the streak of reliable and presentable, at the cost of any excitement. I traded the Mazda6 in on this, hoping it would withstand our elements better. So far, so good. I see no reason it couldn't reliably serve for another ten years, which was the original plan. I'm hoping to sell it and get something that I can enjoy more and take to HPDEs. The Passat has been listed for about a month now. I want to replace it, but don't need to at all, which means the pricing is probably a little ambitious for an immediate sale. If it sells for what I want, great. If not, no problem. I'll put the money aside for a second car.
TylerT (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019 | 12:15 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

1988 Honda Civic Hatchback - bought for $500 from my brother when I was 16. It had around 130k miles I think. No a/c, no power locks or windows, manual trans, and a whopping 70hp. It was a fun car with some suspension work, and I swapped a D15B VTEC motor into it that nearly doubled the horsepower. It was still painfully slow, but I loved that car. Sold it when I was 20 for $550 without an engine; I was in the process of swapping a B18C1 into it but picked up another chassis to build...

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback - Which brings me to this one. It was a stripped and caged rolling chassis that I picked up sight unseen from a seller in Kansas. When I got it, I decided to ditch the B series swap in the 88, sell it, and do a K build. But then the house I was renting a room out of went into foreclosure, and I had to give it up. I lost a shit ton of money on that project.

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC - This was also purchased from my brother, right around the time I decided to swap to the B series in the 88 Civic, and I think I paid $2700 for it at the time. It was bone stock and mint. I think it had about 140k miles at the time - it was a one owner Florida car that did 90k miles before my brother bought it in 2004. This is the car I never should have gotten rid of. I loved this generation since I was a kid, and I still think the H22 is the best sounding Honda engine this side of the C30/C32. The interior was awesome, but dated by todays standards. And compared to the car I was coming from, it was fast. I bought this one when I was 19, and held onto it for about 5 months. Stupid, dumb dumb move selling it, but larger engines started to appeal to me.

2003 Acura CL-S 6MT - I remember my brother looking at these back in 2004, before he got his Prelude. At the time I thought they were hideous But they grew on my pretty quickly. I bought this one from the original owner out of NY Aug 8 2008. That car brought me to this website. As much as I wish I didn't throw away so much money on that car, I don't regret it one bit, due to the friendships I've gained from this community. But still...that was a dumb use of finances

2013 Scion FR-S - Fuck Toyota for selling it. Fuck Subaru for building it. Fuck me for buying it. This is the only car I've ever owned that I would love to mash the big red REDO button on and go back and not buy it.

2003 Lexus IS300 Sportcross - WAGON!!! This was my first longroof, and my first automatic, but I had planned on swapping in a Chevy 5.3l and a T56. But the body started to rust out and I just didn't have the space or the time to do the work. I do miss it though. Aside from the crappy highway mileage, that thing was one hell of a cruiser. Plenty of space and very comfortable. The new owner has done some questionable mods, but I still see it every now and then driving around town. Huge thanks to @CLtotheTL32 for letting me crash at his parents place when I went to pick up the car. I still remember getting into his dads G35 and listening to his Ludacris album on the way from the train station

2016 VW GTI - My first German car, and my second automatic. I picked this up as a lease in December 2015. It was quick. DSG farts were fun. But then they were annoying. Almost as annoying as the sunroof leaking so bad that the water would flow out of the passenger side sun visor. And the transmission had no idea what to do most of the time, clunked into first, and annoyed me more times than not. I ended up driving it in manual mode for most of the time.

2018 VW Golf R - I like hatchbacks, and this one is pretty good. I opted for the manual this time, since the DSG annoyed me so much on the GTI. Yeah I know the DSGs are quicker Don't care. The manual is fun. I've only got 15k miles on it but it seems to be pretty solid at stage 2 power levels. I will be going back to a wagon when the time comes though - I just hope Audi brings the A/S6 Avant here as well, and not just the RS6.

Last edited by civicdrivr; 09-12-2019 at 12:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by civicdrivr:
CLtotheTL32 (09-12-2019), TylerT (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019 | 01:23 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I tend to hang on to cars that I drive.

1983 Plymouth Reliant - (drove from 1997 to 1998) This car was my first car when I got my license at 16. I called it the Brown Bomber, well, because it was brown. Top speed from the odometer was only 85 MPH, but realistically it was about 65. Kids back in 1997 thought that there was a school shooting multiple times because it would backfire. I actually liked this car, despite not having AC. I learned how to do bodywork on this car, paint, and stereos. Drove it all the way from Rochester, NY to Gainesville, FL for college, and then proceed to rear end a Jeep Cherokee stopped in a left hand lane, turning, with no brake lights.

1989 Toyota Corolla LE - (drove from 2002 to 2004) This white car was fun, and I drove it all over the eastern seaboard. Was very reliable, great on gas, and I ended up donating it to Goodwill.

2004 Honda Accord EX-V6 - (drove from 2004 to 2012) I loved this car, and had I not rear ended another mofo stopped trying to turn left, I would still have it. This is the only car that I will ever have that I bought brand new. This car brought me to Acurazine (on an audio input question), so I owe it to that car. I ended up lowering that car on HFP struts, getting HFP 17" wheels, HIDs, 5.1 Surround Sound, and a whole host of other mods to it.

2008 Acura TL-S - (2012 to current) I love this car even more than the Accord, and plan to drive it until it won't run any more. I will repair it and drive it even more. This car is damn near immaculate for an 11 year old car.
nist7 (09-15-2019)
Old 09-12-2019 | 02:26 PM
Team Owner

1996 Toyota Avalon XLS - Burgundy with Tan interior. You can obviously tell that that was my mom's car previously.
200hp felt so fast back in the 90s a real boat that only later you realize just how scary it is to drive an Avalon.

2001 CL Type S... many of you have seen the picture... a lot of DIYs since there was not a lot of Aftermarket support.
I had quad tip exhaust in 2001.. so ahead of its time

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt.. fucking gold brembo.... it was just too cool

2004 Scion Xb 5mt - Carbon fiber hood with Deep dish wheels... sold it after its first vegas trip because it was just miserably slow.

2005 Honda S2000 - GPW with Tan.. should have NEVER gotten rid of that car.

2006 G35 Coupe 6mt - wanted to try out the new VQ35HR engine.

2008 G37 Coupe 6mt - 330hp sounded a lot but somehow i still got smoked by a 300hp BMW 335i..

2007 Honda S2000 (used) - LBP ... a 2nd try on the s2000. Loved it but i have not had good luck with used car.. this one was no exception even it was Honda Certified Pre-owned. The only car that got me stranded.

2013 BMW F30 335i 6mt - Made me miss S2000's 6mt so much. But i finally figured out why my 330hp G37 was smoked by a lowly 300hp BMW.

2015 BMW F36 435i GC 8at - Drove so much better than the 335i even tho allegedly they are the same car. But trust me when i say 4 series drives differently (better) than 3 series.

2018 BMW F30 340i 8AT - Drama.. Was gonna get 5 series (glad i didnt), took a huge discount for a mistake that dealer made. While it is not the car i wanted, but i cant argue with $$. 2 more years and i will get something else.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 09-12-2019 at 02:39 PM.
TylerT (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019 | 03:06 PM
The Third Ball

1985 BMW 528e - First car. I bought it from Pohanka Lexus. My parents had just bought a pre-owned LS400, and I was ready to buy my first car so when they got this in on trade the sales guy called. It was a gold with the clear coat peeling in places (it was later repainted a darker gold after someone hit me in a parking lot). The previous owner took meticulous care of it. Only needed standard maintenance. I drove it to Los Angeles for an internship and sadly that when big things started going...window actuators, AC condensers, other electronics. Sold it for cheap. It still remains one of my favorites.

1989 Honda Accord LXi- My dad had bought this car from the same Lexus dealer as his daily commuter. But my parents had moved and my dad got an amazing deal on a no miles ES300 from the people they bought their house from. So, this was just sitting waiting to be sold. As luck would have it I needed a car. So, I flew back from LA to pick this up. Sadly, a little over a year later I hit a deer and rolled it down an embankment in a torrential downpour.

1989 Honda Prelude Si 5spd- I had just started selling Hondas after college, and luckily after totaling the Accord one of the salesmen was selling this car for his sun. I always loved the Prelude. I tried to buy a 2nd gen as my first car. This was my first stick shift. I loved this thing. It looked great, and it was fun as hell. It had a factory spoiler and the super rare factory center armrest/console. Sadly, it too was gone after a year. I drove it to LA when I moved here, and I was pulling to a gas station when an off duty EMT van whipped around a corner and smashed me. Lucky to walk away.

1999 Acura CL 2.3 5spd- The car that lead me here. It was fun enough, had more bells and whistles than I'd ever had. I started autoXing in this car. I enjoyed it but I never loved it. It's one of the cars I least look back on (aside from the Prius) My career was taking off and I needed a bigger vehicle so I sold it.

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 5spd- I needed to be to haul gear, and I want a SUV with a stick. I always loved this boxy utilitarian design and I knew they super reliable tanks. I freaking loved this thing. I didn't give a shit where I parked it, who dinged it. It was in great shape mechanically. It was starting to get long in the tooth for me around 217,000 miles. I sold it.

2010 Dodge Challenger RT 6spd- My dream car. I bought it as soon as I knew I could afford it. It was my garage queen. I joined a club, modified the hell out of it. Did a track event (with plans of more). It was my expensive toy. Sadly at 6 years old with only 18,000 miles some dumbass made an illegal left out of a parking lot across 4 lanes of traffic on a 45mph road and that was that. Car totaled.

2010 Toyota Pruis III- I leased this to replace my Pathfinder. I was looking at newer used Pathfinders, Inifinitis QX4s, Jeep Grand Wagoneers...I got a steal of a lease on the Prius which could surpringly hold a metric shit ton of gear. So, I went with it. It was my daily for a few months, and then I took a TV series in Detroit. At which point I told my wife to drive it because still had her 2000 Civic Coupe EX, and she was pregnant. She didn't love the car but it became hers. I got out of the lease a year early.

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo- My FIL was a mechanic and he bought the car from a customer for $700 and put another $500 into it. He gave it to me for my daily driver. And it was pretty solid and awesome SUV for the next 3-4 years. I gave it back to my FIL when I got the Durango and he kept it for himself for a bit and then sold it.

2012 Toyota Highlander SE- When I wanted to get rid of the Prius it had some equity in it because of the used hybrid market in CA. And the dealer had a demo car being driven by their parts manager they offered me at a HUGE steal.So, I snapped up the Highlander for my wife on a 2 year least. While I found the SUV be very boring to drive, my wife never told me how much she loved this thing until I got rid of it (she says she didnt realize it until it was gone)...had I known we would have most likely bought it out and kept it. I got rid of it after 18 months.

2014 Dodge Durango RT- My current daily driver. In some ways I actually like this car better than my Challenger. It looks mean, drives great, and has plenty of power. I still love this thing after nearly 6 years and 64,000 miles.

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited V6- The Toyota Highlander has one of the highest secondary market resale values. So, I knew I had equity in it and I was in love with the Cherokee when it first came out. So, I convinced my wife with only 6 months left on the lease to get one of these. We got a deal and that was that. Sadly, while not a bad car Chrysler's new 9spd transmission is a giant POS. We ended up disliking the car...we kept for the full 3 years.

2017 BMW X3- With the Jeep lease up. We found a great lease deal on a former service loaner. Super clean, only 5k miles on it. My wife really liked it, especially the iDrive as she prefers physical buttons over touch screen. It's been a great little ride. The lease is up in Feb...but I'm going to try and get out of it around Oct if I can. Not sure what we'll end up with next. Cost will be a big factor this time around.
Old 09-12-2019 | 04:15 PM
Ex-OEM King

Oh boy, this should be fun... Guess I'll do this sort of in order.

1997 Honda Accord EX-L V6
First car that I got as a hand me down from my dad in my senior year of high school. Loved the thing, I thought it was the coolest car ever because it had a V6, leather seats, and a sunroof. It had a few problems here and there but was overall about as reliable as you can have with a Honda. Didn't do any mods because I was too poor and then went to college and the car just sat at my parent's house before it was handed off to my brother and sister. This car came into our family with ~12k miles on it and left with 196k, lots of memories were had with this one.

1999 VW Passat SE 1.8T
Bought this one when the Accord went off to my brother and sister. It was a decent car, really comfy with a great (for the time) interior and a lot of cool features and it made a sweet turbo sound. Unfortunately it was horrendously unreliable and I sold it as soon as I got out of college and got a real job. What a POS, left me stranded a couple times too. Bought with 120k on it, sold with 140k.

2004 BMW 330xi 6MT
An E46 BMW was my dream car growing up and I snagged this relatively rare Orient Blue Metallic 330xi 6MT as soon as I saw it pop up for sale. I absolutely adored this car and everything about it. The way this thing drove is out of this world, one of the best chassis ever made. I still to this day think that I should find a nice example and just buy one to have it again. Unfortunately, as it got up there in the miles it started to have tons of issues that I just couldn't afford to fix it even with DIY and didn't have the time to deal with it anymore after buying our first house. After the suspension went, the cooling system went, the control arms went, steering rack, tie rods, basically you name it I replaced it on my garage floor. This is the car that really got me into being a "car guy" and I've missed it ever since. Bought it with 40k on the clock and sold it with 140k. Lots of great memories with this one too.

1998 Ford Expedition XLT
As we were buying our first house, we wanted to have something to haul our crap around. I had the E46 and my wife had a Pontiac Grand Am and neither could haul stuff worth a crap. We found this one, a one owner example, with 162k on the clock for $2000 and picked it up to be our pack mule. Over the years, this thing basicall became a part of our family. It hauled damn near everything without even flinching. I have yet to find any car that is as useful in design and so very reliable that you could repeatedly beat the piss out of it for years without it complaining even a little. It was affectionately called the big blue ox, loved this machine. Unfortunately it was totaled in an accident...which didn't take much to happen lol. Bought it with 162k on the clock, RIP at 175k.

2008 Acura TL Type S 5AT
Bought this one to replace the BMW because I wanted something more reliable but "fast", it's also how I ended up here. It was, and still is, a great looking and performing car but I didn't love it like I did other cars. It was perfectly fine but nothing that great, I didn't bond with it over the 2 years I had it so I moved on. Bought with 110k, sold with 130k.

2003 Yukon XL Denali
Everyone has their "one that got away" and this one is mine. I absolutely adored this beast, the size, the style, the comfort, the features, all of the things. It was like rolling around in a big living room, I absolutely loved it. The wife made me sell it when we got the Jeep and the S2k, I still resent her for this. Every car I've had up until this point I've missed when sold but never regretted it. Selling this truck is my only automotive regret to this day. Bought with 186k, sold with 190k. I'm going to buy another as soon as I can get the CFO to sign off.

2004 Honda S2000
The garage queen, this thing didn't leave my garage unless it was a beautiful and dry sunny day without the chance for rain. Loved the car, like many here, and drove the piss out of it for 4 years...well 4 summers at least. The handling, the noise, the vibration, it's one of the most raw and exciting cars you can get that's as reliable as the next sunrise and I recommend everyone own one at some point in life. Values are only going up so you better hurry. The only downside to owning this car is that every manual transmission I've driven since has seemed like total garbage. I got this locally with 39k miles and pristine condition for an amazing deal I couldn't pass up. The first year we had it, we put 5k miles on it driving all over the place. The next year that tapered down to 2k miles, then 1k miles, then 700 miles and only 400 miles this year. Sold it in July of this year because I just didn't use it anymore. This car will be sorely missed, it's a wonderful machine in every way and I debated long and hard before I sold it. Bought with 39k miles, sold with 49k miles.

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Got this SUV/car/whatever to replace the TL-S back in 2015. Got it new with ~4 miles on the clock and it was a good amount of fun to tool around in. Got good gas mileage, was comfy, had all the features, etc. We had a lot of fun with it, did a bunch of road trips and even took it on a Jeep Jamboree. In 2017 one of the dealership techs mentioned that mine was the first Cherokee he'd seen (they were launched in 2014) with damage on the skid plates. In any case, this one was another "it's fine but don't love it" kind of car that I quickly fell out of love with. Once I was done with it, it went on to my wife when the reliability issues started to crop up. The transmission was reflashed like 6 times and the valve body replaced twice, the front shocks replaced, sunroof replaced, rear diff replaced, and then a number of times it just refused to start. Because of that, it was time to move on. Traded it in for the Subaru, good riddance. Bought with 4mi, traded with 50k.

2018 VW Golf R DSG (current)
Bought this to replace the Cherokee and holy fucking shit is it awesome. The Golf is a total party in a can with a dual personality that is hard to find in the car world today. On one side it's a soft, comfy cruiser with tons of interior space, quiet cabin, AWD security, all of the features you can imagine, adaptive cruise, and excellent (35+mpg) fuel economy. On it's other side it's a pissed off hot hatch back that is way faster than any car its size ever needs to be and farts with every gear change. Love the color, love the drive, love the transmission (sorry MT), love the interior, love the features, and more than anything else, love the 6yr/72k warranty lol. I haven't had to use it to this point but it's nice that it's there for the future. Probably going to keep this thing for a good long while. And by that I mean for the next 4.5yrs and 62k miles lol. Bought with 2mi on the clock and currently sits at ~11k. Looking forward to many more miles on this one.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (current)
This came into our lives about a month ago as a replacement to the S2000. Bought it with a 3.5" lift, 35" tires, and Fox Racing suspension. I replaced the front track bar with a big beefy adjustable one and swapped over the dogshit factory candle lit halogen headlights So far I love it in that it's such a unique experience driving it. I can't say much more about it at this point but I am going to take it off road in a couple weeks for it's first time to get dirty. More to come with this one!

Wife's Rides:
Bunch of Grand Ams, no one cares.

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 5AT
My wife doesn't really GAF about cars, to her they are appliances and this one was exactly that. It was quiet, comfy, relatively efficient, and reliable. Never had any issues beyond a faulty turn signal relay in the 7 years we had it. It did everything we asked of it without any issues at all, solid car. Bought with 33k, sold with 140k.

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R (current)
This replaced the Jeep last winter. It has been a solid car for us in every way. Tons of space, really safe, all the features/gadgets, and comfortable to drive around. After owning one for a year, I can see why these are so popular, they just check all the right boxes for everyone from single adventurous people to families and everything in between. It's a great car that I'd recommend in a heartbeat.
Old 09-12-2019 | 07:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
1988 Honda Civic Hatchback - bought for $500 from my brother when I was 16. It had around 130k miles I think. No a/c, no power locks or windows, manual trans, and a whopping 70hp. It was a fun car with some suspension work, and I swapped a D15B VTEC motor into it that nearly doubled the horsepower. It was still painfully slow, but I loved that car. Sold it when I was 20 for $550 without an engine; I was in the process of swapping a B18C1 into it but picked up another chassis to build...

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback - Which brings me to this one. It was a stripped and caged rolling chassis that I picked up sight unseen from a seller in Kansas. When I got it, I decided to ditch the B series swap in the 88, sell it, and do a K build. But then the house I was renting a room out of went into foreclosure, and I had to give it up. I lost a shit ton of money on that project.

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC - This was also purchased from my brother, right around the time I decided to swap to the B series in the 88 Civic, and I think I paid $2700 for it at the time. It was bone stock and mint. I think it had about 140k miles at the time - it was a one owner Florida car that did 90k miles before my brother bought it in 2004. This is the car I never should have gotten rid of. I loved this generation since I was a kid, and I still think the H22 is the best sounding Honda engine this side of the C30/C32. The interior was awesome, but dated by todays standards. And compared to the car I was coming from, it was fast. I bought this one when I was 19, and held onto it for about 5 months. Stupid, dumb dumb move selling it, but larger engines started to appeal to me.

2003 Acura CL-S 6MT - I remember my brother looking at these back in 2004, before he got his Prelude. At the time I thought they were hideous But they grew on my pretty quickly. I bought this one from the original owner out of NY Aug 8 2008. That car brought me to this website. As much as I wish I didn't throw away so much money on that car, I don't regret it one bit, due to the friendships I've gained from this community. But still...that was a dumb use of finances

2013 Scion FR-S - Fuck Toyota for selling it. Fuck Subaru for building it. Fuck me for buying it. This is the only car I've ever owned that I would love to mash the big red REDO button on and go back and not buy it.

2003 Lexus IS300 Sportcross - WAGON!!! This was my first longroof, and my first automatic, but I had planned on swapping in a Chevy 5.3l and a T56. But the body started to rust out and I just didn't have the space or the time to do the work. I do miss it though. Aside from the crappy highway mileage, that thing was one hell of a cruiser. Plenty of space and very comfortable. The new owner has done some questionable mods, but I still see it every now and then driving around town. Huge thanks to @CLtotheTL32 for letting me crash at his parents place when I went to pick up the car. I still remember getting into his dads G35 and listening to his Ludacris album on the way from the train station

2016 VW GTI - My first German car, and my second automatic. I picked this up as a lease in December 2015. It was quick. DSG farts were fun. But then they were annoying. Almost as annoying as the sunroof leaking so bad that the water would flow out of the passenger side sun visor. And the transmission had no idea what to do most of the time, clunked into first, and annoyed me more times than not. I ended up driving it in manual mode for most of the time.

2018 VW Golf R - I like hatchbacks, and this one is pretty good. I opted for the manual this time, since the DSG annoyed me so much on the GTI. Yeah I know the DSGs are quicker Don't care. The manual is fun. I've only got 15k miles on it but it seems to be pretty solid at stage 2 power levels. I will be going back to a wagon when the time comes though - I just hope Audi brings the A/S6 Avant here as well, and not just the RS6.
Morgan - why did you hate the FR-S so much?
Old 09-12-2019 | 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Gangsta shit 'round here
The following 2 users liked this post by CLtotheTL32:
civicdrivr (09-15-2019), TylerT (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019 | 10:01 AM
Team Owner

Well lets see. I'm not going to include motorcycles

1987 Toyota Celica GT-S: First care in high school, I remember the days of driving around. Only kept it for 3 months.

1993 Toyota Corolla: Needed something with 4 doors while still in HS. Ended up totaling it 6 months later because I fell asleep behind the wheel one morning.

1999 Nissan Altima: Still in high school and I just needed something to drive around since I didn't have a car.

1999 Honda Civic: Had it for a month and something popped up at my dealer for a good price.

2004 Honda Civic: Probably one of the longest cars I owned. I actually enjoyed this thing even with it only being a couple.

2003 Acura TL-S: Owned for 4 years, longest car I've ever owned and I still miss it even with the shitty transmission. It's was brought me to the boards and the car that made me start spending more money on mods.

2008 Acura TL - Owned for a couple months because I thought I was rich and didn't want to drive the 2G all the time. I ended up selling it when I realized I was stupid for have 2 TLs a civic and a bike.

2008 Mazda 6: I don't know what the hell made me buy this. Transmission went out thank god Mazda covered that because it was before 60k miles. Biggest regret was buying this car.

2013 Honda Accord: Bought because I was having my 1st kid and didn't want my wife driving her 2004 corolla with the kid in it.

2004 Toyota Corolla: Inherited from my wife after buying her the Accord. She bought it brand new in 04 and I don't know what the hell she was thinking on buying it, (I didn't know her back then)
Totaled out buy some stupid girl who pulled in front of me.

2015 Ford Explorer: Bought because we had a 2nd kid, literally I purchased the vehicle 3 days after he was born. It served us well.

2016 Honda Accord Sport: I don't care what anyone says, that was one of the best damn cars I owned and it looked good! I still go back and forth on buying another one.

2018 Honda Odyssey: Current Got tired of having to try to get a car seat in the Explorer when douchebags parked close to us, so we needed something with sliding doors and this fit the bill. It's so damn convenient with kids. Sold the Explorer and traded the Accord for it.

2019 Tesla Model 3: I am now in the process of purchasing, hopefully in the next couple of months. Went down to 1 car so I could save money for it.
Old 09-13-2019 | 11:41 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Gangsta shit 'round here
Your dad is a G? damn ... #respect
Old 09-15-2019 | 01:50 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Originally Posted by akplaya92
Morgan - why did you hate the FR-S so much?
Subaru built it.

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Your dad is a G? damn ... #respect
Tyler had to get it from somewhere...
Old 09-15-2019 | 07:16 PM
Safety Car

1995 Honda Accord Coupe EX - First car bought and drove from 2004-2014. (age 18 to 28) Put way too much money into car audio, went through the ricer phase for a short while, learned how to wrench on this thing and my only 2 speeding tickets in this car, and lost the V-card in it as well. TB/WP exploded while on highway. Lots of memories with it.

2006 Acura TL - 2014 to current. Current daily and reason why I joined AZine. Met @swoosh on here and I got to an age where I don't spend nearly as much on cars anymore (still paying off student loans) and the car audio upgrade is infinitely harder on the TL platform (probably will still look into it in future). Just got the TB/WP done and going strong with just 215k miles...looking forward to the next 200k miles.

I should have my loans paid off in the next 1.5-2 years. Then it's time to acquire more wheels! Both cars above were auto boxes, so need to finally upgrade into a manual sports car in the near future

Last edited by nist7; 09-15-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-16-2019 | 12:32 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nist7
1995 Honda Accord Coupe EX - First car bought and drove from 2004-2014. (age 18 to 28) Put way too much money into car audio, went through the ricer phase for a short while, learned how to wrench on this thing and my only 2 speeding tickets in this car, and lost the V-card in it as well. TB/WP exploded while on highway. Lots of memories with it.

2006 Acura TL - 2014 to current. Current daily and reason why I joined AZine. Met @swoosh on here and I got to an age where I don't spend nearly as much on cars anymore (still paying off student loans) and the car audio upgrade is infinitely harder on the TL platform (probably will still look into it in future). Just got the TB/WP done and going strong with just 215k miles...looking forward to the next 200k miles.

I should have my loans paid off in the next 1.5-2 years. Then it's time to acquire more wheels! Both cars above were auto boxes, so need to finally upgrade into a manual sports car in the near future
Damn that is good. 2 cars in over 10 years....
nist7 (12-05-2019)
Old 12-04-2019 | 11:21 PM
Cruisin'

My car history

My car history:
1985 VW 8V GTI (1)
1989 VW 16V Scirocco
1995 Mitsubishi Ecplise GS
1985 VW 8V GTI (2)
1988 Honda CRX Si: this was my introduction to the Import Scene. Wings West body kit, InDesign Carbon FIber hood, Del Sol seats, Momo Monte Carlo, Intrax lowering springs, Progress sway bar, Tenzo R intake, 16' Rota Circuit 8's, DC Sports header, front, upper rear and lower tie bar.
1988 Acura Legend (daily/Winter beater)
1991 Infiniti G20 (traded in the Legend (at) for this manual transmission G20.
1992 Honda Civic EG6 Hatch: my second Honda build. B16 swap, complete R&R on body and respray cappacino metallic, ITR cam, DC Sports Header and Intake, AEBS Intake manifold, Skunk2 coilover sleeves on KYB struts, ITR seats front and rear, Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel, Mugen-style front lip, 16' Rota CT3's.
1994 Acura Integra GS-R (1): ITR rear spoiler, Skunk2 coilover sleeves on KYB's, Mugen valve cover, ITR gauge cluster, 16' Rota Circuit 8's.
1994 Acura Integra LS (2,daily driver AT) sold in 3 months
2001 Honda S2000 (current): Skunk2 lowering springs, 17' Work wheels VS Edition, OEM front lip.
1990 Nissan 240SX (daily): SOHC single-cam turbo, Megan Racing lowering springs on KYB's, 180 SX JDM steering wheel, 15' SSR Reverse Mesh, OEM NIssan front lip, 3inch exhaust.
1994 Toyota Corolla (daily)
1997 BMW 318Ti: S56 swap, M3 Vader seats, Racing Dynamics spring on Bilsteins, Volvo front lip, Style 5 BBS 090RC.
1994 Acura Integra LS (3,daily driver, sold the EG6 for this + plus cash on top)
1994 Acura Integra DB8 (4,traded straight up for the LS): amatuer rattle can job, lowered on Skunk2 coilover sleeves on KYB's, Rota 16' GT3 (silver), Mugen valve cover.
1990 Honda Accord CB7 (daily, 1)
1996 Acura GS-R (5,shell) GS-R theft-recovery shell from Craigslist. It was rumored to be on there for 2 years before I scooped it up. Almost every nut and bolt was turned on this car and most of it built in my friend's garage before he opened his shop. Fully built sleeved block, Mahle rods, Arias pistons, ACL Bearings, Supertech Valvetrain, Spoolin Log manifold, Borg-Warner S256 ETT turbo, RC550 injectors, STR fuel rail, Tial Wastegate, RFL BOV, Moroso catch can, 3inch downpipe, full 3inch exhaust to Vibrant pie-cut tipped muffler, Hallman manual boost controller, JDM front-end conversion, full respray to Grand Prix White, Mugen Gen II rear spoiler, APR CF mirrors, custom GS-R 1/4 panel decal, Recaro SR3 Confetti's, Mugen shift-knob, Nardi 360 Deep Corn steering wheel, ITR guage cluster, Auto Meter boost, oil, and afr gauge, AEM V2 stand alone ECU, 16' Regamaster, PIC coilovers, 22mm Progress rear swat bar.
1987 VW GTI (8v,3):respray industrial grey, JOM coilovers, Enkei Apache II.
2003 Honda Civic Si: (daily) Tien Basic coilovers, 16' Volk Racing TE37, AEM intake.
2017 Ford Fiesta ST (current): Vogdtland lowering springs, Carbing shift knob, 16' Konig Dekagram.
1992 VW GTI 16v (current): VR6 swap, JOM coilovers, 16' Mesh wheels, CAI, a/c delete, Hi-Tech exhaust.
1991 Honda Accord CB7 (2): Maxspeedingrod coilovers, 15' Prelude wheels.
2003 Honda Accord (7th gen): Maxspeedingrod coilovers, 17' TSX wheels.
2004 Acura TSX: (daily, current) bone stock.

Old 12-05-2019 | 12:40 PM
Team Owner

1977 Cutlass Supreme. Rust bucket, I learned a lot on this car because it was such a piece of crap at only 5 years old when I bought it.

1986 Chrysler LeBaron GTS Turbo, 5-speed. I ragged the crap out of it. Ran a 15.88 @ 89 with it once at the strip.

1990 Taurus SHO. Dealer demo. So fun for the time. Achilles heel was the throwout bearing. Highlight- driving it around a race course with lots of curves and trees at a national meet.

1997 Contour SVT. Less powerful than the SHO, much better balance overall. Stranded me twice— water pump failure and a spring broke while parked. Still on the road, sold it to a buddy and his dad owns it now. 250,000 miles on it.

Last of the sticks.

2004 Acura TL. Once the taste of the horrible stock tires was out of my mouth, dailied for 12 years and passed on to my kids to drive. It bit the dust earlier this year in a rear end collision that mashed it into the car in front.

2015 Golf TDI. Fun little car, returned early during dieselgate to get...

2017 Audi A4 Quattro. 3 years and still in love with it.