What are your opinions of the G35C? :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S
The interior is just like it seams in the pictures.
UGLY, CHEAP and 80’s looking style. :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Shawn S
A lot of you guys like to knock the interior styling of the G35, and I find that pretty funny.

This is the argument I hear most often:

When I'm driving my car down the road, I'm on the INSIDE, so I need it to look real nice to be happy

That's funny, isn't it? When I drive MY car down the road, I spend 99.9% of the time looking out of the windows, not admiring my interior.

I guess that's the reason that I don't give a shit about interior styling anywhere near as much as most people.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:08 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,841 Likes on 2,581 Posts
Originally posted by torqueaholic
you do know that salesmen themselves have been known to get into a few accidents now and then! in fact I remember this one story about the wrx(when it first came out), where a salesman wrecked the car, and killed the customers, while he was trying to "show off" high speed handling! I can understand the G356 being in high demand back then, especially the stick, I can even understand the silly markups, but PLEASE! these people are CROOKS anyways! they have insurance on their demo cars anyways, up until the customer pays for it! think about it! why did they pull this crap with the G356? its a nice car and all, but please! I'd expect that kind of crap from a ferrari dealership, because, at least you can understand the 300,000 reasons behind their logic! people have and will always test drive, cars, and making me feel guilty for redlining it, or joy-riding is silly because in the end, they end up discounting, and selling off the demos!
Yes the salesmen do also get into accidents and so do the service people, ive watched it happen. BUT the sales people and service people cant really sue the dealership. They are covered by the dealers insurance while they are there and liabilty ultimately falls onto the dealer in those cases.

Where as a dealer is liable for the customer driving their car. And all it takes is an idiot test driver to wreck the car and then sue the dealership for whatever reason even though its their own dumb fault.

There are 110 different reasons, scenarios, legalities that van be given as to why dealers do what.

As for discounts, My old dealership would only take off $500 of the msrp of the s2000, and that was rare. We never marked up our cars and s2000s went for msrp. Where as in most other places s2000's go for way over msrp. in fact in LA a used s2000 sells for more then the msrp of a brand new one. So while cars like g35c may end up givings discounts, cars like the s2000 have been out for a few years and still sell for msrp or more.

Now get your ass off the computer and go do something productive like learning to drive a 6spd
Old 05-06-2003, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sarlacc23
Now get your ass off the computer and go do something productive like learning to drive a 6spd

traffic!
Old 05-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Homeless

I personally drove the fuck out of the car on a test drive...just me & my girl, no salesman. I like the traction control...put that bitch thru the paces on some pretty tight on-ramps for about a half hour. Fastest stock V-6 I've ever driven.

I'm seriously considering one...as soon as the hype wears off a bit. It's still too rare in my neck of the woods...I'd get anal-raped on a trade.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:30 PM
The Third Ball

traffic!

no excuse dude, i live in Los Angeles I deal with waaaaay worse traffic then you'll ever see.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:37 PM
900 club member

I test drove one this past saturday, all around sweet car. The only reason the CL-S was not history that day was because I realized that with the 6-speed, since you get the super performance tires it would never get me home from work if i had it and an unexpected snow came. The leather was unbelievable, smooth and soft and thick, and I liked the way it was GLUED to the road
Old 05-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

No offense, but several of the big general discussion forums I check out.....the CL is a long forgotten about car. I'm serious, nobody gives a shit about it (once in a blue moon I see a topic where it comes up).

On the other hand, people are eating up the G35 coupe. I see way more interest in it than the CL ever had.

If I put up a poll, what would you rather have a CL or G35C? The CL would lose by a complete landslide.

This isn't a CL bitch post, I'm just stating a fact.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:44 PM
I love my G sedan

Infiniti G35 coupe is a extremely sexy and handsome looking coupe, super good engine, good value. Nothing in the current auto market could beat it in my opinion.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:48 PM
The Third Ball

Originally posted by Beltfed
No offense, but several of the big general discussion forums I check out.....the CL is a long forgotten about car. I'm serious, nobody gives a shit about it (once in a blue moon I see a topic where it comes up).

On the other hand, people are eating up the G35 coupe. I see way more interest in it than the CL ever had.

If I put up a poll, what would you rather have a CL or G35C? The CL would lose by a complete landslide.

This isn't a CL bitch post, I'm just stating a fact.
You speak the truth. I had always known about the CL, but never any great detail and i didnt care. Then i bought one cause thats how fate played it and i found this board. Its never been a high profile car, but most people on here know that and love that about it.

about the which i would own. the g35c is nice, but like many im not a huge fan of the of the interior and its very impractical. That and after two accidents in small cars i need something a bit bigger like my CL.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SilverCL225hp
Infiniti G35 coupe is a extremely sexy and handsome looking coupe, super good engine, good value. Nothing in the current auto market could beat it in my opinion.
not even my beloved accord?...... :'(

J/K
Old 05-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Banned

G35 lost to the BMW 330 in accleration and the 330 lost to the CL-S 6 speed. Acura reigns SUPREME but you will get more stares in the G35 Coupe....honestly though most people who buy it are old women....anybody young is all over the 350 Z any of the models ..its cheaper, faster,sportier, younger generation looking. Im sorry I just can't picture a 50 year old man drive one of those HOTT Blue 350Z track model. and if I did I would definetly look twice to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Daily Driver

True enough, whether due to poor advertising, conservative styling, FWD, or whatever, it's never gotten popular. It got it's last gasp with the 6-spd, but really the G35 is the car that sealed the fate of the CL-S by taking the position of a better value alternative to a 330ci.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:28 PM
The Third Ball

Originally posted by lou
G35 lost to the BMW 330 in accleration and the 330 lost to the CL-S 6 speed. Acura reigns SUPREME but you will get more stares in the G35 Coupe....honestly though most people who buy it are old women....anybody young is all over the 350 Z any of the models ..its cheaper, faster,sportier, younger generation looking. Im sorry I just can't picture a 50 year old man drive one of those HOTT Blue 350Z track model. and if I did I would definetly look twice to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.
I dont know dude, ive seen more young punks out here in g35c's and more elder men in the 350z. And i see at least 1-2 a day now. But of course i live in hollyweird where nothing is as shoul be.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Suzuka Master

The interior is just like it seams in the pictures.
UGLY, CHEAP and 80’s looking style.

Shawn S
Have you ever sat in a G35c? I used to say the same thing as you before I sat in one. I think I said it because at the time, I was kind of jealous of the G35c, so the only area where the CL is superior was the interior. I kept harping on that.

In reality, the interior of the G35c is not bad at all. I think most people who sat in one agree.

Lou: There is no way a CLS can match a G35c at the track - No matter how hooked up the CLS is
Old 05-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

G35 lost to the BMW 330 in accleration and the 330 lost to the CL-S 6 speed
Facts: The G35c is faster than a CLS. It has 20 more HP, significantly more torque, similar weight, RWD... Everything is stacked in favor of the G35c

Tested 0-60 in 5.5 seconds by C&D. Show me where a stock 6-speed CLS went 0-60 in 5.5 seconds.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by lou
G35 lost to the BMW 330 in accleration and the 330 lost to the CL-S 6 speed. Acura reigns SUPREME but you will get more stares in the G35 Coupe
Speed is only part of the equation.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Banned

Originally posted by cusdaddy
Have you ever sat in a G35c? I used to say the same thing as you before I sat in one. I think I said it because at the time, I was kind of jealous of the G35c, so the only area where the CL is superior was the interior. I kept harping on that.

In reality, the interior of the G35c is not bad at all. I think most people who sat in one agree.

Lou: There is no way a CLS can match a G35c at the track - No matter how hooked up the CLS is
I don't think so either but I would love to see it come on even an Acura lover like myself knows it has its limitation I still think the 350Z will kill the G35 in every way.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

I still think the 350Z will kill the G35 in every way.
Actually, the G35c pulls higher g's at the skidpad, primarily due to the better tires on the G35c, but overall I agree that the Z would own the G at the track
Old 05-06-2003, 07:34 PM
The Third Ball

i would take a Z over a g35, just has a heritage to it
Old 05-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Beltfed
Speed is only part of the equation.
Forget the speed I went to test drive with this chick and she totally feel in love with the G. Driving home I would show her cars like Porsche 911,Lexus SC, BMW 330 and M3 she said the G looked better than all of them. The only one she said looked comparable is the MB SL500 and she has great taste..The G is definetly a HOT CAR....but as I was saying my cL-S will blow the doors off that thing
Old 05-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by lou
Forget the speed I went to test drive with this chick and she totally feel in love with the G. Driving home I would show her cars like Porsche 911,Lexus SC, BMW 330 and M3 she said the G looked better than all of them. The only one she said looked comparable is the MB SL500 and she has great taste..The G is definetly a HOT CAR....but as I was saying my cL-S will blow the doors off that thing
and its younger, crazier brother the Z.....Ill beat that shit too
Old 05-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Beware of leakage

I like the G-35c, but in terms of practicality, the CLS wins.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
i should give some honest """""OPINIONS""""" here since i have/had both

Built quality: CLS just SUCKSSSSS

Interior: CLS has more mature looking which i like the most about CLS is the interor), G35C is not as bad as ppl say but cls's is better

Seats: CLS's front seats r VERY comfortable but wait until u sit in the G35C's front seat... it s even better.. Rear seats.. G35C doesnt have enough headroom.

Engine: i would give this one to G35C...

Handling: u cant really compare FWD and RWD especially when G35C has almost 50/50

Which car i like better? I would take a stock G35C 6speed over STOCK CLS 6speed, but i would take my OLD 01 CLS over this new G35C 6speed
Old 05-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by lou
I don't know where you got your acceleration numbers from, but judging from the timeslips, I've seen scanned in on the G35 forums, a stock GC6 will out accelerate a CLS6, and 330CI! in 0 to 60, and the 1/4mile! it will also out handle, and out brake them all pretty handily too! In fact its a spanking! car and driver almost hit 13's stock with a 6 speed G! I used to hate on that car a lot myself, bashing the interior and the rear end, but after the dust has settled, its clearly the new KING of its CLASS PERIOD!

P/S: You know I must say that I'm very proud of this flameless thread! in the past it would have degraded to insults by page 4, but everyone seems to be purely analytical, which is very HIGH CLASS of y'all! keep it up!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Banned

I don't know where you got your acceleration numbers from, but judging from the timeslips, I've seen scanned in on the G35 forums, a stock GC6 will out accelerate a CLS6, and 330CI! in 0 to 60, and the 1/4mile! it will also out handle, and out brake them all pretty handily too! In fact its a spanking! car and driver almost hit 13's stock with a 6 speed G! I used to hate on that car a lot myself, bashing the interior and the rear end, but after the dust has settled, its clearly the new KING of its CLASS PERIOD!

P/S: You know I must say that I'm very proud of this flameless thread! in the past it would have degraded to insults by page 4, but everyone seems to be purely analytical, which is very HIGH CLASS of y'all! keep it up!

Mags are great but Ill be going to E-town soon and Im bound to see a G were we will settle this once and for all. My Cl-S feels quick not to say the G isn't but Ive gone against worked S4 and if I didn't skid it would of been right there...The S4 driver asked at the light after what I had in there I said "stock" he said " Nice thats quick for stock" "thumbsup" Isn't the Z faster than the G so why would the G have better times.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by oonowindoo
Which car i like better? I would take a stock G35C 6speed over STOCK CLS 6speed, but i would take my OLD 01 CLS over this new G35C 6speed
Old 05-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally posted by lou
Mags are great but Ill be going to E-town soon and Im bound to see a G were we will settle this once and for all. My Cl-S feels quick not to say the G isn't but Ive gone against worked S4 and if I didn't skid it would of been right there...The S4 driver asked at the light after what I had in there I said "stock" he said " Nice thats quick for stock" "thumbsup" Isn't the Z faster than the G so why would the G have better times.
dude, if you've got the usual comptech I/E/H on your cls6, then you should be able to hang with a stock G. but if your stock, its murdah! TRUST ME! I've seen several timeslips while trollin' on www.freshalloy.com! them boyz are runnning 14flat-14.1 @100mph pretty consistently! your a best of 14.5stock, so you should be slaughtered! goodluck, and see if you can POST VIDS of your death!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Banned

dude, if you've got the usual comptech I/E/H on your cls6, then you should be able to hang with a stock G. but if your stock, its murdah! TRUST ME! I've seen several timeslips while trollin' on www.freshalloy.com! them boyz are runnning 14flat-14.1 @100mph pretty consistently! your a best of 14.5stock, so you should be slaughtered! goodluck, and see if you can POST VIDS of your death!
Will see brotha
Old 05-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by lou
Will see brotha
just do what I do, and floor it early so you can get a good R/T. this way you'll win/hang, and won't look bad.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Banned

just do what I do, and floor it early so you can get a good R/T. this way you'll win/hang, and won't look bad.
If I floor it Ill be skidding like crazy launching the 6 speed is different than the auto. I've been doing some trial runs and the car spins like crazy I have to get the right air pressure and perfect rpm launch for minimal tire spin. Will see brotha You see here is where the CL-S 6 speed has the advantage cause its the underdog and so if it does prevail more PROPS.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by lou
If I floor it Ill be skidding like crazy launching the 6 speed is different than the auto. I've been doing some trial runs and the car spins like crazy I have to get the right air pressure and perfect rpm launch for minimal tire spin. Will see brotha You see here is where the CL-S 6 speed has the advantage cause its the underdog and so if it does prevail more PROPS.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Banned

This is my car when arriving at E-town

"... on the coupe front, Acura's new 3.2CL Type S has infiltrated the compound and glares at the 350Z and the G35 with all the snarled-lip disdain of Dirty Harry."
Old 05-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Lou... Whenever you go to E-Town, let me know. Let's get a little Z vs. 6-speed CLS action. I've learned how to launch the Z, and I'm ready to bring it to the track.

BTW, I pulled on my friend's S4 just as a frame of reference.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Banned

Lou... Whenever you go to E-Town, let me know. Let's get a little Z vs. 6-speed CLS action. I've learned how to launch the Z, and I'm ready to bring it to the track.

BTW, I pulled on my friend's S4 just as a frame of reference.
yea but did he have 4 passenger in the car at the time
Old 05-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Let's go to E-Town one weekend and end this once and for all!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Banned

Let's go to E-Town one weekend and end this once and for all!
when brotha Im available, you don't mind that I have all stock engine "no mods" Ill I have is suspension mods and wheels and brakes. I ordered the Ice-box but Im on a waiting list. Let me know if you want it now or after mods. Im willing to do it...its as close as stock vs stock. Now if you want to do this don't stand me up like when you were gonna give me a test drive in the new Z
Old 05-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Old 05-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Im willing to do it...its as close as stock vs stock. Now if you want to do this don't stand me up like when you were gonna give me a test drive in the new Z
I'm totally stock, so it should be a good run. Does the last weekend of May - the 31st or June 1st, work for you?

Sorry about the no test drive thing. At the time, I was stuck in CT for a few weeks, then I remember you went for a test drive at a dealer, so I figured you didn't want to test drive it again after that.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Banned

I'm totally stock, so it should be a good run. Does the last weekend of May - the 31st or June 1st, work for you?

Sorry about the no test drive thing. At the time, I was stuck in CT for a few weeks, then I remember you went for a test drive at a dealer, so I figured you didn't want to test drive it again after that.
Ill clean my schedule for some nice ass
Old 05-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Cool. I'll try and get my friend who has the Auto Z to come too. That might actually be a close race

Quick Reply: What are your opinions of the G35C? :D