what should i...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what should i...

Okay, i cant decide what car to get... i want your guys opinion on what car i should get. so they are 3rd gen RX7 and an e46 M3.

I had been looking at the FD for a long while and had always wanted one since i saw one, (seems that the FD has that effect on people). The exterior of the car is a little to curvy for my taste, the more i look at it the more it grows off of me, but makes me want it more (if that makes any dam sense). The thing that i love the most about the FD is the interior, and how the center console is driver oriented, and how it makes the driver feel cozy and low to the ground. Another down side would be the rotary engines, is it really that unreliable? I plan on using this as my DD for a little while.

The other car i had in mind was a e46 M3. I know, i know they have almost a 10 year gap in them. The exterior of this car just grabs me, and has that aggressive look in it. I like the exterior of the e46 more than the FD. But it's the interior, I'm not sure if im correct or not (never actually sat in one) but the driver seat seems a little high off the ground, not that sports car seating but rather luxury car, and the "cockpit/cabin" seems really roomy, personally i dont like the roomyness feeling i like it small and cozy. The center console also is a driver oriented style, just not as dramatic. I like this kind of interior because it makes me feel that it is "MY" car, not someones chauffeur.

I would like to know your opinions on what i should get, positives and negatives about both cars, possibly a supporting reason. A suggestion on another car i should look into. I know both cars will be pricey to maintain. also which one would be a quick little runner on a track. I am hopping to get some light shed on this, for the reason that it has caused my many sleepless moons. If some that has owned both cars or drove both cars, your opinion would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a "drivers" car
Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
the rx-7 is a suite car, but i am not sure of the reliability of the motor. I would say the m3 would be a bit more reliable. Both would be fun..

welcome
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 PM
bye Acura, hello Toyota

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome tangerine! now, as far as the fd..yea, they have "issues" w/ their motor engines "blowing up" and so on...but are you planning on changing the engine to something like..say, LS v8? (i've seen one for sale here locally on craigslist) but to be honest, i like the fd as well..except for the engine blowing up thing

m3? hmmm..look on the black market section under cars for sale & check out my friend's m3 that's up for sale...buy it & then..ENJOY!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Well I really like the FD but its just hard to find low mileage one that hasn't been abused. But if you do happen to get a clean RX-7 under 30k on the original engine and plan on changing the apex seals and some cooling mods later on in the future then your good. Another thing is that the RX-7 isn't really a daily driver too as it tends to be a gas hog kinda.

E46 M3 is a pretty tight car. It's just that a lot of people have them. Mostly because they're reliable and have good power from factory. I think the M3 should have adjustable seats to lower or raise the seat if thats a problem with you. On another note you can drive the M3 on a daily basis so yeah.

Hope that kinda helps you out.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really starting to lean towards the M3 as of now. i think i will end up getting that car. But there is still time to think it over.