Well, sold my '91 Acura Integra! Bummed out~

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Well, sold my '91 Acura Integra! Bummed out~

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share that I sold my 91 Acura Integra LS coupe this morning!. I am not sure if you feel the same way but that car has become of sentimental value to me. Can't say it was my first car, but actually my second. Hated to let it go to the new owner.
In college so I guess it was for the best to let it go since I got a TL. Though I like my cars stock, I did want to at least get a new paint job on it since it was fading already.
Had roughly 196k miles on her, and sold it for $2200. Did not expect to get that much for it. Tell me have you given up a car that you have been upset to let go? Model? Year?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-05-2011, 10:25 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
I sold my 2001 Acura CL-S to get my current TL. I wanted something with four doors but I regret getting rid of that car
Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
93 VW Corrado VR6 ;(
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
I miss my swapped Tl dearly
Old 12-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
I sold my 2001 Acura CL-S to get my current TL. I wanted something with four doors but I regret getting rid of that car
That was my reason also, by gaining access to the back seats needed to go through the front. I enjoy hanging with friends but it made it a huge inconvenience. I wanted to keep both, but since it was parked at the parentals driveway it took up space from their cars. So told me sell it, can't do anything about it, so I sold it.
I actually wanted to keep it and see how long it can truly last, and the fact that I wanted to have an integra, TL and future MDX all at once.

Originally Posted by jts1207
93 VW Corrado VR6 ;(
Very nice jts1207, sure it was a very speedy lil thing. Why did you sell it? I am sure they are not as many around on the road today. At least not in my parts. Shouldve made that a keeper.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phee
I miss my swapped Tl dearly
So I take it you currently drive a 92 Civic? what happened? Photos of the TL?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
I don't feel the same way. Your car has no sentimental value to me.

Every car I have owned and had to sell, which as been quite a bit, always makes me sad. You acquire special memories that will last forever. When I bought my E28 it was from a man who owned it for almost 20 years. As the new owner, I felt obligated to treat this car with the utmost respect because of the love that its past owners showed it. Hopefully the new owners of our cars of past will show the same dedication and respect. Cars come and go, but there is no doubt you'll always remember each and every one; good or bad.

Last edited by madcaps; 12-06-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by madcaps
I don't feel the same way. Your car has no sentimental value to me.

Every car I have owned and had to sell, which as been quite a bit, always makes me sad. You acquire special memories that will last forever. When I bought my E28 it was from a man who owned it for almost 20 years. As the new owner, I felt obligated to treat this car with the utmost respect because of the love that its past owners showed it. Hopefully the new owners of our cars of past will show the same dedication and respect. Cars come and go, but there is no doubt you'll always remember each and every one; good or bad.
I didnt catch it til it was too late to edit it, FAIL!!
Yes, it most definitely sucks when you have wonderful and some scary moments *ahem* close calls
The previous owner was I would say middle aged man, bought the Acura new. Overall he did not keep it in that great condition due to the paint already fading/oxidizing and the power antenna was broken(accident), and the fact that the speakers were still orig. and sounded horrible.
Well, first thing to treat it the right way was ordered new power antenna, tinted the windows, new speakers, new set of tires. and a days worth of interior cleaning. She was a beauty minus the paint. Parents at the time did not want me to get certain body parts painted e.g. roof and hood. No need they said. bought the car from money saved up and money from selling my first car which was a POS.

So yes, you would hope that the previous owners take care of their vehicles some do, some dont. Drove to a nearby county to find my TL, sadly its an LA car so the miles can be either city or highway. But she was again orig. owner and looked great online and was inspected twice 1.Dealer 2.Indie Shop no signs of accidents or mechanical problems, but weather conditions hindered my ability to see that the cars paint job clearly during that time. All doors were repainted and showed overspray from what she said "shopping cart dings" and did not like to see them. So now I plan to get them repainted since I cannot buff it off.

Last edited by MandoTL; 12-06-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 AM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
I miss my 2002 CL-S and regret selling it.

The Durango I had prior to that I miss as well. My mom bought it and hated it, so I ended up taking over payments. Bright red, leather...it was back when they first came out in '98. Great looking/driving vehicle. Im not sure I could afford to feed the 5.9l now though.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I should have never sold my Celica and TL. I should have kept my Celica to mod it.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 AM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
My 02 TL-S is still in the family so I still get to drive it sometimes. Everytime I do, I wonder why I got a new car in the first place. For what it was (heavy entry-luxury sedan), it sure was a great combo of power, handling, and styling.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,182 Likes on 690 Posts
I really miss my 2005 TL. Sister has it now and I still love the interior and the drive
Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I miss my '97 TL and my '91 Prelude. Oh well, time marches on...
Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarbleGT
I miss my 2002 CL-S and regret selling it.

The Durango I had prior to that I miss as well. My mom bought it and hated it, so I ended up taking over payments. Bright red, leather...it was back when they first came out in '98. Great looking/driving vehicle. Im not sure I could afford to feed the 5.9l now though.
I've always liked the second gen. CLs but hearing the daunting stories with their trannies, leaned me more to the newer acuras. My mom had a 98 Durango tan/sand color. She loved it but mechanically had so many problems, forced to sell in early 2003. She bought a 03 GMC envoy XL fully loaded. I would've been driving that suv but I didn't want it due to gas mileage nd it was falling apart. Hope she sells it.

Originally Posted by Flipster23
I should have never sold my Celica and TL. I should have kept my Celica to mod it.

What yr. Celica?

Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd
My 02 TL-S is still in the family so I still get to drive it sometimes. Everytime I do, I wonder why I got a new car in the first place. For what it was (heavy entry-luxury sedan), it sure was a great combo of power, handling, and styling.
I would have bought an earlier TL but the tranny failures plagued those wonderfully styled cars, its a shame. I would def. Be rocking a WDP.

Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
I really miss my 2005 TL. Sister has it now and I still love the interior and the drive
It has the best IMO interior layout. Wish acura would bring back their touch screens, mixed with their new hard drive based navi's. Mine's an 05 as well and lucky to find my color combo for the right price.

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I miss my '97 TL and my '91 Prelude. Oh well, time marches on...
I do believe the first gen. TLs were Hawt! They had very nice interiors, I say better built quality than the second gens. But yeah it sucks to let them go.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Sold my '92 240SX back in the day....
Old 12-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I sometimes miss my 2005 TL. I just wish it was sold to someone who appreciate cars. It was a sweet car.

My first car 2000 Accord was rear ended twice within 1 month and sold it right after. Hopefully it's running well.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Sold my '92 240SX back in the day....
Nice! I would have had one when I sold my first Nissan Pulsar!! its was 94' black/black/black already. But noticed had heating problems. I was done with nissan so moved to the Honda family. Found my lil integra and fell in love with it.

Originally Posted by JS + MS3
I sometimes miss my 2005 TL. I just wish it was sold to someone who appreciate cars. It was a sweet car.

My first car 2000 Accord was rear ended twice within 1 month and sold it right after. Hopefully it's running well.
My parents cannot see how I care so much for a car and keeping it in pristine condition. I always like to save all documents, when the time comes to sell the new owner will see that it was meticulously taken care of. This guy who bought my Integra was an older man, BUT didnt even look like he even cared for cars seeing that his truck was all dinged/scratched.
I asked for $2800, Iknoe high price right. Well said $2200 cash. Pulled it out and bam!! began to fill out the papers for transferring the title, he had the form already. hahaha
Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
My kidney
Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Integra, the car that started me down the Honda road. I was a VW fan until I realized how little money spent on my Integra.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by MandoTL
I do believe the first gen. TLs were Hawt! They had very nice interiors, I say better built quality than the second gens. But yeah it sucks to let them go.
They sure did. I owned both. Granted the 2nd gen was a lot cheaper too.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,927 Posts
My second car - '91 Acura Integra LS-SE coupe. Had that car for 7 years and it was great. My oldest son cried very hard when we sold it; we'd had it longer than him at that point. Funny how we form emotional attachments to our cars.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by combat mediC
My kidney
Whatt??

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Integra, the car that started me down the Honda road. I was a VW fan until I realized how little money spent on my Integra.
Same here!! I would see the 04 TSXs and love the front fascias. Only because I said "I like the ball lights", this was the time where I didn't know anything about cars. I just carried the idea that I want to drive one of those. When I got my integra, I was like eww its old and not like the current ones. But once I had it for the first few months it was peppy and fun to drive w/Auto!!

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
They sure did. I owned both. Granted the 2nd gen was a lot cheaper too.
True, they were expensive cars. I cannot remember ever seeing the 1st Gen. TL commercials, but I do remember the second gen.

Originally Posted by ttribe
My second car - '91 Acura Integra LS-SE coupe. Had that car for 7 years and it was great. My oldest son cried very hard when we sold it; we'd had it longer than him at that point. Funny how we form emotional attachments to our cars.
I really would have liked to keep my Integra since it has never left me stranded, and was very reliable during some scary moments. but the reason I wanted a newer Acura was due to safety and luxury. My lil integra was not the biggest car on the road and had faced countless times with some lifted trucks or semi's on the freeway.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
This^^ except replace VW with Ford. Had a 92 integra LS 5 speed. Nicest car I'd ever owned to that point.
Unfortunately I ruined it by t-boning a f-350 at 35-45 mph. my fault insurance almost totaled it, but repaired it instead. I never felt the same about it after I got it back.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
91' was a good year for cars, haha. I had a 91' Cressida, 91' Land Cruiser, and most recently a 91' Legend.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
I dont miss any of my cars
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
I really only miss two cars...

1) My first car - 1987 Mustang LX "Coupe". Wasn't the 8 cyl (hey, I was 16 and had responsible parents who would not let me own an 8 cyl in NY), but I loved that car. I have a vow to myself that I will pick up a clone (except in convertible form with the V8) one of these days. I check eBay now and again to see what's out there...

2) My 2002 TL-S - Had all the goodies bolted on, upgraded stereo, etc. Prob the pinnacle of car modding for me since it was the perfect storm. Making good money, still living home while planning for my future with my wife, but it was still before any "real" responsibilities. If that car didn't have a glass tranny... I'd probably still own it. But after the 2nd one started to go, I had had enough...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
I had a '94 Integra for 7 years. I loved the car, despite all the money I put in to maintenance for it.

I traded it in when I got my TL and within a few hours I no longer missed the Integra
Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,391 Likes on 4,937 Posts
'94 Prelude VTEC.

It was my second car. It was all original when I got it. It was Azure Blue Green Pearl with black leather. I loved the color, I loved the way that H22 sounded, and I loved the way it handled.

Sadly, I dont have any good pictures of it. I really wish I did, I miss that car to this day. I sold it for $3750 with 140,xxx miles on it. All maintenance was up to date, the suspension was new, and it had a new clutch. I shouldn't have sold it.

Whats odd is I always said I would never get rid of my first car, an 88 Civic hatchback. I did a small partout and then sold the rolling chassis to someone in Maine. I didn't even shed a tear when it was loaded up on the trailer. The Prelude though.....

Last edited by civicdrivr; 12-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I drove a 1992 5-speed sentra for the longest time until my senior year in college when I got the CLS6. I can tell you, contrary to the OP's aksing, that I DO NOT miss that car lol. It's still going, however with about 220K now. Still runs like a champ because my dad still drives it for some odd reason. I keep telling him to get a new car like a 4 door honda accord or civic. But oh well.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Osamu
91' was a good year for cars, haha. I had a 91' Cressida, 91' Land Cruiser, and most recently a 91' Legend.
My parents said the same thing, they waned a Legend but we too expensive for them at the time.
Originally Posted by nspec_ya4
I dont miss any of my cars
Bummer, not one?
Originally Posted by juniorbean
I really only miss two cars...

1) My first car - 1987 Mustang LX "Coupe". Wasn't the 8 cyl (hey, I was 16 and had responsible parents who would not let me own an 8 cyl in NY), but I loved that car. I have a vow to myself that I will pick up a clone (except in convertible form with the V8) one of these days. I check eBay now and again to see what's out there...

2) My 2002 TL-S - Had all the goodies bolted on, upgraded stereo, etc. Prob the pinnacle of car modding for me since it was the perfect storm. Making good money, still living home while planning for my future with my wife, but it was still before any "real" responsibilities. If that car didn't have a glass tranny... I'd probably still own it. But after the 2nd one started to go, I had had enough...
I will admit I do not like Fords at all!! But love the second choice!
Originally Posted by imj0257
I had a '94 Integra for 7 years. I loved the car, despite all the money I put in to maintenance for it.

I traded it in when I got my TL and within a few hours I no longer missed the Integra
Wish it was that simple for me, my lil acura was my second car but had it longer with so many good times, hard to let go since it was in really good condition.
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
'94 Prelude VTEC.

It was my second car. It was all original when I got it. It was Azure Blue Green Pearl with black leather. I loved the color, I loved the way that H22 sounded, and I loved the way it handled.

Sadly, I dont have any good pictures of it. I really wish I did, I miss that car to this day. I sold it for $3750 with 140,xxx miles on it. All maintenance was up to date, the suspension was new, and it had a new clutch. I shouldn't have sold it.

Whats odd is I always said I would never get rid of my first car, an 88 Civic hatchback. I did a small partout and then sold the rolling chassis to someone in Maine. I didn't even shed a tear when it was loaded up on the trailer. The Prelude though.....
Very nice! my cousin has a 93 Prelude Vtec only his is black/black/black. 5spd very quick car off the line.
Originally Posted by tr59210
I drove a 1992 5-speed sentra for the longest time until my senior year in college when I got the CLS6. I can tell you, contrary to the OP's aksing, that I DO NOT miss that car lol. It's still going, however with about 220K now. Still runs like a champ because my dad still drives it for some odd reason. I keep telling him to get a new car like a 4 door honda accord or civic. But oh well.
We owned a 92 sentra coupe, 4spd. auto and it was seriously a nice car, but that was my mom's beater car til she decided that we have too many cars and I dont need it anymore. SOLD with 197k miles on it for $1300. At that time my parents each owned 3 cars.
Convinced them to sell their old beater ones and stick with their 2000s one as a daily. So now my mom owns 2 cars. 03 GMC Envoy XL and a 99 Toyota Tacoma TRD. Well my dad owns a 03 Toyota Tacoma SR5 base.
So it good to have your parents drive something newer for a change, my mom was hard to convince but I did it.