A TSX loaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrsteve
The K series motor is MUCH more mod-friendly and the "tuner" market will support the K series motor much more than the J series found in the TL. Also, with the exhaust manifold welded to the shrot block on the new TL, modifications will become increasingly less efficient (i.e. supercharger).

Also the TSX handles much nicer than the TL.

The 3rd gen TL took a step up in luxury and a step back in sport IMHO. Even though it has the power of the Type-S, the potential just isn't there. Also the body style is more upscale and luxurious than the 2nd Gen or the TSX.

K20 is mod friendly. To date atleast. Not much out for the K24 yet. TSX handles better???? I'd have to disagree. HLSD upfront on the TL makes up for an additional weight. Acura did a nice job with the dampening but the lack of a LSD shows when you push the car. I really really couldn't disagree more with the sportiness aspect. The new TL was built with MT in mind and it shows. The car has a compact tight feel to it. As does the TSX. However, additional aftermarket goodies in terms of handling for the TL really allow it to stretch it's legs. Yes the interior material and layout took a step up from the 2nd gen TL but i don't think it lost any sport at all. Take a look at the ASpec TL that took 3rd place at 24hr of Thunderhill.

It remains to be seen what kind of power mods will be available and how much power they'll net but Comptech is working on a supercharger and i would assume that Hondata will be working on a ECU reflash.

Perhaps when the TSX gets SHAWD and a turbo....and it will....it would be more appealing
Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by Shawn S
MADE IN JAPAN is a big part of that observation.
Same company, but the Japanese workers just bolt them together better then the slackers at USAW.
No more Acura for me unless it comes over on a boat.

TSX is a great car.
I get one whenever I take my CL-S in for service.

agreed.....i would have to see some real improvements in the TL for the second year to even consider it. I'd rather take the underpowered TSX over the TL at this point.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
A fully loaded TSX vs. the TL A-Spec is nearly $10k.

That buys alot of mods. Including the Integra Type-R LSD, Comptech bolt-ons, and S/C. And you'll blow the doors off any TL off the showroom. Run circles around it too.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by mrsteve
A fully loaded TSX vs. the TL A-Spec is nearly $10k.

That buys alot of mods. Including the Integra Type-R LSD, Comptech bolt-ons, and S/C. And you'll blow the doors off any TL off the showroom. Run circles around it too.

Agreed the ASpec kit is expensive but you would really need to add a few things to the TSX to even allow it to compete with the TL. S/C, Cmpt boltons, and the LSD. Two out of the three things aren't exactly stock. Theoretically, yea, the TSX might better to work with because it is lighter and you can definitely feel the difference. Out of the box the TL is better suited but again I dunno if i would get a TL over TSX because of the build quality.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Loved driving my TSX loaner for the day when i had one. Awesome little car.

Gauges > *