Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan

Thanx I needed a laugh!
Why are CS's comments funny to you?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL no doubt about it. Get TL and buy Comptech RSB( $110) and ASPEC suspension kit ($750). THink rides great. TSX is real slow and to small.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan

Thanx I needed a laugh!

Steering was tighter on the TSX and had less bodyroll.

Both cars dont have enough power for a AWD vs FWD debate,if thats what you were trying to get at.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Ex-Navy

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout

Steering was tighter on the TSX and had less bodyroll.

Both cars dont have enough power for a AWD vs FWD debate,if thats what you were trying to get at.
I totally agree.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by West6MT
Why are CS's comments funny to you?
"handled better"

I have driven both, a TSX for a week while my CL-S was getting a trans replaced and IS250 at (3) different track events. I have also owned a IS300 since 2003. I think both are great cars, but (6) cylinder, RWD, Lexus quality and not having to deal with a Acura dealer push me towards the IS. But you know what they say, opinions are like assholes; everyone has one. Oh, the TSX does not handle better!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator

How can you compare a TSX being street driven vs taking a 250 on the track?

I did not push either car to the limts so my OPINION was based on driving around town as what most normal people do. On a track.. i would have no idea which car would do better.

Also keep in mind the car i drove was the heavier AWD version of the IS250.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Ex-Navy

Originally Posted by Dan
"handled better"

I have driven both, a TSX for a week while my CL-S was getting a trans replaced and IS250 at (3) different track events. I have also owned a IS300 since 2003. I think both are great cars, but (6) cylinder, RWD, Lexus quality and not having to deal with a Acura dealer push me towards the IS. But you know what they say, opinions are like assholes; everyone has one. Oh, the TSX does not handle better!
You must have an awful Acura dealer..

Paying $7000 more for a car that wasnt as good didnt justify the Lexus dealership "experience" in my book.

While handling is subjective, it was more fun to drive than the IS. Besides, we do most our driving on straight roads in bumper to bumper traffic unless you live in the sticks.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
How can you compare a TSX being street driven vs taking a 250 on the track?

I did not push either car to the limts so my OPINION was based on driving around town as what most normal people do. On a track.. i would have no idea which car would do better.

Also keep in mind the car i drove was the heavier AWD version of the IS250.
No on a AWD IS250, too heavy and the transfer case rubs your right leg.

In the time I had it the TSX was driven hard on Decker Canyon Road, Mulholland Highway in the Santa Monica mountains and Highway 2, Angeles Crest Highway, in the Angeles National Forest. Again, a very nice car, but it does not handle better than a IS250. If it snows where you live a TSX might make more sense. The summer tires and RWD of my IS300 makes for some interesting moments when going to Yosemite in the winter!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Dan
"handled better"

I dont see how most of what you said in this post relates to the handling of the two cars in question.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Dan
No on a AWD IS250, too heavy and the transfer case rubs your right leg.

In the time I had it the TSX was driven hard on Decker Canyon Road, Mulholland Highway in the Santa Monica mountains and Highway 2, Angeles Crest Highway, in the Angeles National Forest. Again, a very nice car, but it does not handle better than a IS250. If it snows where you live a TSX might make more sense. The summer tires and RWD of my IS300 makes for some interesting moments when going to Yosemite in the winter!

So you comparing a fwd tsx with all seasons vs a rwd IS250 with summer tires?

My comparison was closer since the awd IS250 had allseasons and so did the TSX.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dom
Why would I handle such an idiotic comment/opinion well? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about saying the TSX feels like a Civic. I'm confident that 98% of people who have actually driven both would back me up on that.

I have no problem admitting the TL is a superior vehicle but I have a huge problem with stupid opinions/comments, such as yours. And ignorance wasn't really meant as an insult, I truly believe you don't have the knowledge required to back up your Civic claims and are simply talking out of your ass for the sake of it, sorry.

If I did offend you, I apologize, I really didn't intend it.
That’s funny because when I compare the Civic and TSX you freak out. But in the post below when some one compares the two you say nice write up. Then you go onto say that it might be your next car in post number 10.

If you read the write up they seem like a close match to me.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25980

Also I have driven the TSX plenty. Every time I take my car in to the dealer I get a TSX loaner. I have driven the TSX and the new Civic back to back. So I am not talking out my ass.

Last edited by Donte99TL; 08-02-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
To pull page from the annulls of the TSX bashing, you do realize your TL is just a glorified Accord, right?
I am glad too becaue the Accord is a nice car.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:03 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Also I have driven the TSX plenty. Every time I take my car in to the dealer I get a TSX loaner. I have driven the TSX and the new Civic back to back. So I am not talking out my ass.
You still haven't tell us why TSX is a glorified Civic.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by MSZ
You still haven't tell us why TSX is a glorified Civic.
Well how about this...You show me where I said the TSX is a glorified Civic.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
MSZ
Lola

Well, you didn't.

But for a second I thought you were comparing Civic to CSX.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Senior Moderator

That’s funny because when I compare the Civic and TSX you freak out. But in the post below when some one compares the two you say nice write up. Then you go onto say that it might be your next car in post number 10.

Ummmmmmmmm,...............there is a big difference between Dom commenting on someones nice review that compared the civic to the TSX,.........and you claiming that the TSX feels like a civic.

Anyway, for the record,........I am in agreement with Dom, the TSX does not feel like a civic.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Race Director

The problem is that the TSX is a glorified JDM/Euro Accord not a Civic.

I take it like this, the TL and US Accord are the North American natives and the TSX is their foreign cousin who has a European accent and is thinner.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:57 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

So because I feel the Civic is a fine automobile and would consider one (based on MPG concerns mostly) this means I think it feels like a TSX? Ummm sure.

Freaking out, only at you comparing it to a Civic which IMO is ridiculous. But lets agree to disagree.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I am glad too becaue the Accord is a nice car.
Then I have news for you...

THE TSX IS BASED ON THE SAME PLATFORM!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Does anyone read this

And your point is.....I never said the TSX was a bad car.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by dom
So because I feel the Civic is a fine automobile and would consider one (based on MPG concerns mostly) this means I think it feels like a TSX? Ummm sure.

Freaking out, only at you comparing it to a Civic which IMO is ridiculous. But lets agree to disagree.
Well the point I was trying to make was that he compared the two and you said nice write up. I compared the two and you freaked out on me.

Also if you look at both the cars I don’t see how you can’t compare the two

Both front wheel drive
Both Four cylinders
0-60 almost the same
Front Head Room, in. Honda 39.4 TSX 37.8
Max. Front Leg Room, in. Honda 42.2 TSX 42.4
Rear Head Room, in. Honda 37.4 TSX 37.3
Max. Rear Leg Room, in. 34.6 TSX 34.2

Give me some points why I shouldn’t compare the two. Maybe that will help me understand better.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Go with the TL. The ride in the TSX isn't as nice and feels like a civic.

Your first post in this thread. No where did you attempt to compare the cars as you just did in your last post. You simply claimed the TSX feels like a Civic. Thats the ONLY problem I have with this comparison.

Having said that, just because the Civic can be compared doesn't put it in the same class as the TSX nor IMO does the TSX "feel" like a Civic.

I can sit here all day and compare TSX specs to a number of cars out there. Doesn't make the TSX their equal.

So if you would had compared the two from the beggining, much like that guy in the TSX section did. I wouldn't have had a problem.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Team Owner

Well the point I was trying to make was that he compared the two and you said nice write up. I compared the two and you freaked out on me.

Also if you look at both the cars I don’t see how you can’t compare the two

Both front wheel drive
Both Four cylinders
0-60 almost the same
Front Head Room, in. Honda 39.4 TSX 37.8
Max. Front Leg Room, in. Honda 42.2 TSX 42.4
Rear Head Room, in. Honda 37.4 TSX 37.3
Max. Rear Leg Room, in. 34.6 TSX 34.2

Give me some points why I shouldn’t compare the two. Maybe that will help me understand better.
So based on this criteria that you have, the Civic should be comparable to the BMW 3-series, the MB C-class, and the Lexus IS250 as well, wouldn't you agree?
Old 08-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Does anyone read this

So based on this criteria that you have, the Civic should be comparable to the BMW 3-series, the MB C-class, and the Lexus IS250 as well, wouldn't you agree?
No those are rear wheel drive cars for one Plus the price is much higher. The civic and TSX are much closer in price when optioned out. How did you not see that.

Why do you guys find it so hard to compare the two. You make it sound like the TSX is 10 times betetr than the civic.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Team Owner

No those are rear wheel drive cars for one Plus the price is much higher. The civic and TSX are much closer in price when optioned out. How did you not see that.

Why do you guys find it so hard to compare the two. You make it sound like the TSX is 10 times betetr than the civic.
No one here denies that they can be compared, but your criteria for comparison seems to have little basis in fact. It seems to be some sort of arbitrary point you threw out to get a rise.

Your initial statement in this thread would be the equivalent of me saying, "skip the TL and get the Accord instead because they are essentially the same car to me," which I'm sure you would have taken offense to because I gave nothing to back up that statement.

It's not just about the words you post, it's your attitude that because you drive the TL, you're somehow immune to comparisons with other Honda products. You seem to fail to realize that your posts are coming across sounding arrogant as hell. Draw whatever comparisons you want, but don't do it with this false air of arrogance that makes you sound like a complete asshat.

And seriously, if you bothered to look at the equipment list for the TSX and compared it to the Civic, that alone should make it clear why the TSX is in a different class altogether from the Civic. There are so many things on the TSX that cannot be found on the Civic.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:04 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I'll certainly agree that the TSX isn't 10x better. More like 4 or 5 . I respect your opinion but don't agree with it. IMO the TSX-TL comparison is a better one.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:32 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can compare a TSX to a civic, and people often compare a TSX to a TL, i guess then the the civic and TL can be compared?

Seriously, the civic and TSX are in completely different classes of cars, there is no comparison. Different chassis, different engines, different driving dynamics, etc, etc, etc. If you drive both and say the "feel" the same, thats cool. But 99/100 people would disagree with that.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Does anyone read this

No one here denies that they can be compared, but your criteria for comparison seems to have little basis in fact. It seems to be some sort of arbitrary point you threw out to get a rise.
Little basis in fact? I was the only one to post stats, all your replies where just opinions.

Your initial statement in this thread would be the equivalent of me saying, "skip the TL and get the Accord instead because they are essentially the same car to me," which I'm sure you would have taken offense to because I gave nothing to back up that statement.
As far as the TL VS accord, I wouldn’t have taken offense to that. Why would I? A lot of people cross shop both cars. I can see the similarities in them and see why you would compare the two.

It's not just about the words you post, it's your attitude that because you drive the TL, you're somehow immune to comparisons with other Honda products. You seem to fail to realize that your posts are coming across sounding arrogant as hell. Draw whatever comparisons you want, but don't do it with this false air of arrogance that makes you sound like a complete asshat.
I hear what you are saying. But I didn't have any type of attitude till dom jump all over me. Regardless you guys keep jumping all over me but never brought up any stats or facts to back your opinion. Once I posted stats you came back with a post about BMW Lexus etc etc trying a make point that just backfired on you.

And seriously, if you bothered to look at the equipment list for the TSX and compared it to the Civic, that alone should make it clear why the TSX is in a different class altogether from the Civic. There are so many things on the TSX that cannot be found on the Civic.
So what are the "so many things on the TSX that cannot be found on the Civic"
Old 08-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by dom
I'll certainly agree that the TSX isn't 10x better. More like 4 or 5 . I respect your opinion but don't agree with it. IMO the TSX-TL comparison is a better one.
Ok Dom I will agree with you on that one. Sorry of I pissed you off in any way.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:13 PM
MSZ
Lola

So what are the "so many things on the TSX that cannot be found on the Civic"
-205hp K24A
-VSA
-leather interior
-17" rims
-quieter ride
-better handling
-8 airbags
-much better stock audio
-navi
-much better dealership service

There you go, TSX is indeed 10 times better than the Civic.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by fdl
If you can compare a TSX to a civic, and people often compare a TSX to a TL, i guess then the the civic and TL can be compared?
Well for one the price isn't even close and two one is a V6 and the other is inline four. But hey if you want to compare them go right ahead.

Seriously, the civic and TSX are in completely different classes of cars, there is no comparison. Different chassis, different engines, different driving dynamics, etc, etc, etc. If you drive both and say the "feel" the same, thats cool. But 99/100 people would disagree with that.
Different engines, don’t they both have four cylinder engines in them.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
Different engines, don’t they both have four cylinder engines in them.
So with your logic all 4 cylinder engines are the same. So you're saying the S2000 has the same engine as a Civic. And with the same logic the EVO has the same engine as the Civic.

Last edited by alex2364; 08-03-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by alex2364
So with your logic all 4 cylinder engines are the same. So you're saying the S2000 has the same engine as a Civic. And with the same logic the EVO has the same engine as the Civic.
This is a joke right?
Old 08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by MSZ
-205hp K24A
-VSA
-leather interior
-17" rims
-quieter ride
-better handling
-8 airbags
-much better stock audio
-navi

acutally....
Old 08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Does anyone read this

Originally Posted by MSZ
-205hp K24A
-VSA
-leather interior
-17" rims
-quieter ride
-better handling
-8 airbags
-much better stock audio
-navi

Wow, that is a lot. But you can get a navi in the civic and I think they use they have the same amount of air bags. But I could be wrong on that one.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Does anyone read this

Oh well I am done with this thread. Thanks for the Debate Dom and CGTSX2004. You guys take it easy.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Where is sarlacc when you need him,.......its too bad he is banned.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:11 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a joke right?

Only if your posts were a joke. Your trying to say the TSX feels like a civic simply because they both have 4 cyl engines.

Seriously though, I dont know who would cross shop a TSX and a civic. But there are serveral examples of people on here who cross shop the TSX & TL.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

TSX is the best bet if leasing is the option.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:21 AM
if you only knew...

Originally Posted by mrshowbiz122
TL no doubt about it. Get TL and buy Comptech RSB( $110) and ASPEC suspension kit ($750). THink rides great. TSX is real slow and to small.
I was thinking along those lines. I already planned on Comptech headers and cold air intake, but I can also do a little to the suspension. My only concern is I don't want the ride to be too hard, anyone have a 3G TL with suspension mods - what did you do, how much did you spend, and how did it affect handling and ride?

Thanks again to all who answered!

Quick Reply: TL vs. TSX