TL-S Commercials...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2001 | 01:02 AM
w.t.f., mate?

TL-S Commercials...

...are WAY better than CL-S commercials.

I just saw the Maine commercial where he goes to eat clam chowder, as he is on lunch from New York. It was pretty funny. Same with the LA/San Fransisco commercial.

Now why the hell don't we have commercials like that? We have lame-ass commercials with old-men shaking water out of their hair. Its disgusting.

Ugh. Thumbs down to CL-S commercials.

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder ~
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:19 AM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iridium130:
...are WAY better than CL-S commercials.

I just saw the Maine commercial where he goes to eat clam chowder, as he is on lunch from New York. It was pretty funny. Same with the LA/San Fransisco commercial.

Now why the hell don't we have commercials like that? We have lame-ass commercials with old-men shaking water out of their hair. Its disgusting.

Ugh. Thumbs down to CL-S commercials.

</font>
I disagree. The commercial I like the most actually is the one from the CL. Then our CLS and last I like the TLS. The TLS has too much attitude and it is the least realistic. Like the car can fly or something. Crap.

------------------
Gabriel
CL Type S

[This message has been edited by gavriil (edited 05-07-2001).]
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:25 AM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gavriil:
I disagree. The commercial I like the most actually is the one from the CL. Then our CLS and last I like the TLS. The TLS has too much attitude and it is the least realistic. Like the car can fly or something. Crap.

</font>
What are your demographics btw?

Attitude sells, my friend. Unrealistic or not, they made the car out to seem fast.

People think the TL-S is faster than my CL-S all the time. "Why dont you get the TL-S its faster than your CL-S!!"..."what?!?!?!" Why do you think that is? Its cuz the commercials show that the TL-S is fast, and that the CL-S will help make old people feel young.

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder ~
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:29 AM
Racer

It looks like EVERYTHING for the tl-s is better! I bet acura was listening! And they finally came through!
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:37 AM
Masshole

Notice in the TL commercial when the guy meets a girl for dinner the the guy's and girl's names are Tom and Lisa. Silly commercial. I do like the maine one, I saw it about an hour ago...

DC

------------------
2001 CL-S red, spoiler, mud guards, moon visor
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:39 AM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Handruin:
I do like the maine one, I saw it about an hour ago...

DC

</font>
Ditto

I think it was on the Simpsons when I saw the commercial. It inspired me to write this post .

PS - Post #666

Scary shit!!

------------------
_-Phil-_!
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:44 AM
Masshole

That's too funny Iridium130 my buddy named his Supra leatitia. Was there an older post about upgrading the cupholder? What's the upgrade to? (I'm helping you to change your post number to 667)

------------------
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:45 AM
Suzuka Master

CL has a new commercial too, don't fret.
I'm sure you'll come across it sooner or later on tv

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
• Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
• Polarg/PIAA super white interior lights *bling bling*
• HP Quantum 28 -- 31% metallic tint all around

• [Photopoint Album Pics]
Old 05-08-2001 | 01:50 AM
Retired. Not available.

....People think the TL-S is faster than my CL-S all the time. "Why dont you get the TL-S its faster than your CL-S!!"..."what?!?!?!" Why do you think that is? Its cuz the commercials show that the TL-S is fast, and that the CL-S will help make old people feel young.

</font>
it's exactly what those TL-S owner think ... Should we declare war?

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Painted Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Pedals
Kenwood Amp with 10in. Pioneer sub.
(modified) CAI.

My Car
Old 05-08-2001 | 02:11 AM
I love my CL-S

I think the TL-S' CM are way better than ours. I have seem 3 of them so far (tl-s),and only one for the cl-s (boring as hell)......

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
K&N air filter (Out)
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% tint all around
Old 05-08-2001 | 03:14 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm a TL-S owner and I think no such thing!

Hell, I bought the TL-S because I test drove the CL-S and loved the acceleration, but preferred the sedan. Plus, I think our doors shut with more of a solid "thud!"

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
White Diamond Pearl/Parchment
Bone Stock
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1629963&a=12459969&f=0
" TARGET=_blank>Click Here for Pics!
</A>
Old 05-08-2001 | 03:42 AM
Racer

where is the commercial for the cl s with the jazz band. .it's not on adcritic.com. .

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 05-08-2001 | 03:56 AM
Race Director

I bet they changed agencies. While Acura executives have the final yeah or nay on commercials, the ad agencies have a way of selling their sh*t good or bad. Changing agencies can do wonders.....

I'm going to ask my marketing contacts if they know what's up.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 05-08-2001 | 06:36 AM
Instructor

Do u know that one where the last part, the TLS sorta drifts and stops?
how do u do that??????????

------------------

TypeS - Agressively Engineered to Perform...
Old 05-08-2001 | 09:12 AM
Old timer

They get body kits and more aftermarket options and the thing is a fricking FOURDOOR SEDAN. wtf. We, with a sportier coupe, have less options.

:wtf:

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 05-08-2001 | 10:24 AM
'Cooter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
They get body kits and more aftermarket options and the thing is a fricking FOURDOOR SEDAN. wtf. We, with a sportier coupe, have less options.

:wtf:

-J
</font>
i agree, and on top of that, i got a bone to pick with Acura regarding the CL-S now being available in blue...since when do they all of a sudden add the excellent looking blue to their color schemes on the Type S?? i got the red b/c the blue wasn't available, and i didn't want the TL-S b/c i didn't want a 4-door...now they have the color with no announcement, no heads up, no nothin, and it pisses me off b/c all i had to do was wait a few months, and everything could've been perfect. i still like the red, tho (given the color schemes at the time, it was right for me). i'm sure when i see one, i'll get furious again!!

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

Accessories:
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI
Old 05-08-2001 | 10:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Nissan has good commercials....

We need a commercial like the Frontier, but instead of a truck sliding through the mud have our CLS tearing up some road course.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 05-08-2001 | 11:21 AM
Advanced

Scooter. Why would you expect a dealer or car maker to "give you a heads up" on better options or colors for the next model year before it is introduced? Duh! You think they are going to encourage you to wait months and give them your money after the new models come out? Come on! That would be a pretty stupid thing to do. I can hear them now "I know Mr. Customer, the red cls you are looking at is nice, are you sure you want to buy it? because the blue one's are coming out next year. You might want to hold off if you want a blue one. Just wanted to give you a heads up."
Old 05-08-2001 | 11:40 AM
'Cooter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sneakypete:
Scooter. Why would you expect a dealer or car maker to "give you a heads up" on better options or colors for the next model year before it is introduced? Duh! You think they are going to encourage you to wait months and give them your money after the new models come out? Come on! That would be a pretty stupid thing to do. I can hear them now "I know Mr. Customer, the red cls you are looking at is nice, are you sure you want to buy it? because the blue one's are coming out next year. You might want to hold off if you want a blue one. Just wanted to give you a heads up." </font>
actually, when i went to the dealer, i told him that i wanted the CL-S in blue and was willing to wait if there were going to be changes in the near future, but of course, he told me that Acura had no plans to make the CL-S in blue, only the TL. so yeah, call me gullible if u want. i thought part of being salesmen meant actually knowing what was going on with company plans. maybe i shouldn't rely so much on what they say. i mean hey, i put a $1,000 down payment on a 2000 Mustang GT convertible in Atlantic Blue, and not even 24 hours later the salesman calls to tell me they discontinued the color 3 months prior. go figure. (maybe i should b thankful b/c if it wasn't for the stupidity of Ford, i wouldn't have my current baby )

Chris

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

Accessories:
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI
Old 05-08-2001 | 06:16 PM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Handruin:
That's too funny Iridium130 my buddy named his Supra leatitia. Was there an older post about upgrading the cupholder? What's the upgrade to? (I'm helping you to change your post number to 667)

</font>
heh heh thanks a bunch . I had nothing to respond to for a while, and the post # was kinda unnverving

I named mine Laetitia in honor of Laetitia Casta the Victoria's Secret Supermodel.

The upgrade for the cupholder is for people w/ older production CL-S that had a relatively shallow cupholder. If your CL-S production date was before summer last year, go to the dealer and order the new cupholder(it's a lot deeper so drinks wont be slippin and sliding around ) It's like $6 look through the FAQs for the part #

------------------
_-Phil-_!
Old 05-08-2001 | 07:47 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I think the new commercials are a nice change from the older ones.

But it did accomplish what it was intended to right? Make you take notice and remember the product. I think that is pretty effective.

As far as the TL-S being faster than the CL-S. Come on now, you know what each one is really capable of, and if there is any difference, that is minimal.

I recently test-drove both cars. I love the way the CL handles and accelerates. It feels actually alot more stuck to the ground than the TL-S. But if I had the opportunity to buy a car, I would opt for the Sedan because that is my personal preference.

It does seem like the TL has more aftermarket parts for it but that is only because many of them are in common with the Accord.

Just think of it this way, the CL-S is unique and there isn't anything else out there much like it. Also, you have to admit that Tim from autocarparts.com has spent much of his time getting parts for the TL because he actually owns one. Also the latest generation TL has been out longer than the CL has.

Honduh really does need to wake up and relize that CL owners want to be able to customize and add performance parts. A kit would be an excellent start.

Sorry for the long post guys.
Old 05-08-2001 | 07:58 PM
Masshole

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I named mine Laetitia in honor of Laetitia Casta the Victoria's Secret Supermodel. </font>
LOLOL that's the same reason my buddy named his supra too!!! I'm not messing with ya it's the truth...too funny.

My CL-S is only 2 1/2 months old so I must have the newer cup holder, it sits pretty deep, I have no issues with drinks sliding around. Thanks for letting me know.

------------------
Old 05-08-2001 | 08:17 PM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Edub-TL:
As far as the TL-S being faster than the CL-S. Come on now, you know what each one is really capable of, and if there is any difference, that is minimal.

I recently test-drove both cars. I love the way the CL handles and accelerates. It feels actually alot more stuck to the ground than the TL-S. But if I had the opportunity to buy a car, I would opt for the Sedan because that is my personal preference.

</font>
I didn't say the TL-S *WAS* faster I said people *THINK* it's faster(because of the commercials). The cars are literally exactly the same minus two doors, the front end and the back end(cosmetic differences).

Handruin -

Wow, I can't believe I'm not the only person who is so obsessed with her that I named my car that! Scary shit! DAMN she is HOTTTTTT!!!! ::slobbers::

Yeah you probably have the new cupholder.

------------------
_-Phil-_!
Old 05-08-2001 | 08:45 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I didn't say the TL-S *WAS* faster I said people *THINK* it's faster(because of the commercials). The cars are literally exactly the same minus two doors, the front end and the back end(cosmetic differences).
</font>
I hear ya, I was just implying that other people who don't own or have not really researched these cars should be ignored.
They are both great buys.

------------------

Vin says 2001, but it's really a 2000 with an upgraded cupholder!!