Throw-out Bearing Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 04:16 PM
JD3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throw-out Bearing Noise

Hi All,

Hope you can help with this as I am at my wits end.

I had an OEM clutch kit installed on my 1998 Acura 2.3 CL Premium. A couple days later it developed a noise which I think was the thrust bearing. I took the car back and they said it was the throw out bearing. So they replaced the whole kit...or so they say they replaced the whole clutch kit again. A day later after getting the 2nd clutch kit installed the noise came back even louder. The noise stops if I just depress the clutch pedal a 1/4 of an inch. I do not want to take it back to the same place because now I do not trust them. It was not an Acura dealer.

I see an adjustment on the clutch pedal I could make that would basically put more pressure on the throw out bearing which eliminates the noise and vibration but I do not know if this would be harmful or even if it is the correct adjustment to solve the noise problem.

It's hard to believe that I have another bad throw out bearing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 05-07-2006, 10:39 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JD3
Hi All,

Hope you can help with this as I am at my wits end.

I had an OEM clutch kit installed on my 1998 Acura 2.3 CL Premium. A couple days later it developed a noise which I think was the thrust bearing. I took the car back and they said it was the throw out bearing. So they replaced the whole kit...or so they say they replaced the whole clutch kit again. A day later after getting the 2nd clutch kit installed the noise came back even louder. The noise stops if I just depress the clutch pedal a 1/4 of an inch. I do not want to take it back to the same place because now I do not trust them. It was not an Acura dealer.

I see an adjustment on the clutch pedal I could make that would basically put more pressure on the throw out bearing which eliminates the noise and vibration but I do not know if this would be harmful or even if it is the correct adjustment to solve the noise problem.

It's hard to believe that I have another bad throw out bearing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
first thing I'd do is not take it place to that installed the clutch 2 times. talk with the manager explain the issues you are having. tell them FLAT OUT: YOU GUYS ARE WORKING ON IT. you want your money back. then take it to another shop. don't back down. they boogered it up 2 times.
now about the throw bearing. I had similar issue when I had a Civic back in the day. it was a stick. I'd shift and that thing make a hell of a noise. I ended up replacing the whole throw out bearing. it wasn't to hard to do. just took a Saturday or Sunday after noon.