View Poll Results: Which car?
Keep the Vette!
33.33%
Sell the Vette, buy the CLS, and save some dough!
66.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Thinking 'bout joining the Acura family again.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:19 PM
G
Bitten.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 6SPD
Welcome by the way?

I've been registered here 6 months longer than your ass.

My post count is low because, unlike you, I don't repeatedly post pics of the cars that I buy to fill some void in my life.

When your nuts finally drop, you should go down to Sterling, talk to Adrian and see what they will actually SELL you the car for.
Well asshole, I only noticed your join date after I posted, and was timed out from editing.

I am sorry that you are a jealous little shit and have to make yourself feel better by bashing the owners of the cars that you see pictures of on this site. You know what, you are probably the type of asshole who would key said cars just cause you can never make enough to buy said cars.

Adrain is a friend, and if it comes to, I will talk to him and see what he will sell it to me for. In the mean time, I suggest that you do yourself a favor and jump off of the 360 bridge like all of the other pussies of Austin who cannot handle life.

Last edited by G; 06-28-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:51 PM
2ManyMiles

Welcome by the way?

My post count is low because, unlike you, I don't repeatedly post pics of the cars that I buy to fill some void in my life.

When your nuts finally drop, you should go down to Sterling, talk to Adrian and see what they will actually SELL you the car for.
You need to restart sessions with your therapist.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
I start fires

Originally Posted by DeezNutz

They refuse to help me because I kept keying the Dr's car because I will never make enough to afford one like it.

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
Adrain is a friend, and if it comes to, I will talk to him and see what he will sell it to me for.
The only reason Adrian acts like he's your friend is because you and your family pay him to be. Did you know him prior to you buying your first car from his store? Do you hang out with him from time to time on the weekends? Do you call him to shoot the shit every now and then, or do you just contact him when you or your Daddy want a new car?
Old 06-28-2005, 03:39 PM
"House"-cat

Welcome by the way?

I think the welcome may not be deserved since 6SPD =

Old 06-28-2005, 03:41 PM
"House"-cat

They refuse to help me because I kept keying the Dr's car because I will never make enough to afford one like it.

The only reason Adrian acts like he's your friend is because you and your family pay him to be. Did you know him prior to you buying your first car from his store? Do you hang out with him from time to time on the weekends? Do you call him to shoot the shit every now and then, or do you just contact him when you or your Daddy want a new car?
:whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :gheyfight: :gheyhug:
Old 06-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome by the way?

I'm sensing a bit of jealousy bud.....Check your head bro...maybe you need to get laid or something to get all this frustration out....
Old 06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 06-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
So, I have been thinking latley that I am spending way too much money on cars and not saving enough to buy another house soon. Right now, I pay a hell of a lot of money for the Vette and the monthly payment hurts-I can afford it, but it is just a big hit when it comes to that time of the month.

Anyways, I dropped by the Acura dealer on Saturday to just say hi to the guys that I know. While there, I noticed a pretty little black CL-S sitting in the back. It is an '03 six speed with navi and onstar-everything I always wanted in the CL-S. Plus, it has a comptech icebox, comptech headers, and a short shifter. The body is clean, with only a few rock chips, and there seems to not be any paint work. The asking price is $26.9K.

So, I began to think. If I could get the car for around $24k certified, I could save about 200 beans a month. I absolutley love the Vette, but 200 beans is 200 beans, and I also love the CL-S.

So, what do y'all think? Keep the Vette or sell the Vette and get the CLS?

Oh yeah, and then my screen name would be right again!
Are you sure that isn't Civic's old CLS?

Ruf
Old 06-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Lead Footed

Welcome by the way?

A bit sensative eh?

Not sure why you are getting your panties all in a wad over that response. It sounded friendly to me . . . nothing low about it. So it sounds like you are the one with the void based on your petty response.

Ruf
Old 06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 210 Likes on 129 Posts

man that dude needs anger managment......
Old 06-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Im so pretty, oh so pretty !!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Type S-man

There must have been something seriously wrong with that car if you got it for only $16.4k. I know that $26.9k is high, but if I could get it for $23.5k, I would be happy.

actually there was nothing wrong with it. Never been in an accident either. Go ahead and look at autotrader.com, you should see a couple CL-S's in your area for around 18k-19k. Given they are w/o navi, but that will only add 1k-2k more. And thats w/o haggling. The dealer i bought mine from was selling for mine for 19500 and i haggled down to 16400. I'm not saying everyone should be able to buy one for that low of a price, but 18k-19k is what most people are buying at. 23.5k seems VERY HIGH. I would seriously consider shopping around some more before you consider spending more than 20k on a CL-S unless its below 20k miles.
Good luck.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Some of you people need to check your attitudes at the door...

kthxbye
Old 06-28-2005, 06:51 PM
2ManyMiles

Originally Posted by skgarach
actually there was nothing wrong with it. Never been in an accident either. Go ahead and look at autotrader.com, you should see a couple CL-S's in your area for around 18k-19k. Given they are w/o navi, but that will only add 1k-2k more. And thats w/o haggling. The dealer i bought mine from was selling for mine for 19500 and i haggled down to 16400. I'm not saying everyone should be able to buy one for that low of a price, but 18k-19k is what most people are buying at. 23.5k seems VERY HIGH. I would seriously consider shopping around some more before you consider spending more than 20k on a CL-S unless its below 20k miles.
Good luck.
The 6-spd CL-S goes for a good bit more, though. We're talking about the same car, right?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:55 PM
hail to the victors

your vette is so sexy though
Old 06-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
The 6-spd CL-S goes for a good bit more, though. We're talking about the same car, right?
I'd probably value my 6spd at about 20-21 private party sale and 17-18 trade in...

Certified has to add a thousand or so to the total, no??

I posted this on 5/25/05 when someone was asking about 6spds on the 2nd gen forum... I'm sure a few more have popped up (like Smitty's ride ) for sale on the BM in the past month too...

I'll add the asking prices and mileage...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170516

Another price point: MrSteve recently bought a CLS 6spd w/ a CT supercharger for around 20K...
Old 06-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Get the CL-S, but not at that price. That's a bit steep.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:34 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by chungkopi
your vette is so sexy though
That's what makes it so hard!

Anyways, thanks for all of the constructive posts in here. I am still very torn between what to do.

If I do do something though, it would probably be on another car, cause this one has some pretty deep scratches on the roof and on the driver's side quarter panel.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Anyways, thanks for all of the constructive posts in here. I am still very torn between what to do.

If I do do something though, it would probably be on another car, cause this one has some pretty deep scratches on the roof and on the driver's side quarter panel.
FYI: If it has deep surface scratches, it cannot pass certification. They have to fix it or it technically isn't certified.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Welcome by the way?

Grayson does not have a VOID in his life...he's too busy making money and buying cars......

BTW..he is one of the nicest, most humble guys I know...he just is not shy about his love for cars!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:02 PM

I'm feelin' you bro...

Grayson, I remember when I went from a 1961 Impala SS with a 327 with 300hp heads.... that was white and red with a custom red and white diamond tuck interior to a....

Black 1996 Civic Dx Hatch ...boy was that a let down...just dont do what I did...hurts too much!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:05 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL
Grayson does not have a VOID in his life...he's too busy making money and buying cars......

BTW..he is one of the nicest, most humble guys I know...he just is not shy about his love for cars!
Thanks Rick!

Oh, and I don't think we have to worry about me getting into a Civic just yet
Old 06-28-2005, 11:08 PM

Thanks Rick!

Oh, and I don't think we have to worry about me getting into a Civic just yet
Your very welcome. of course!

Go as lateral as you can...
Old 06-28-2005, 11:09 PM

BTW...Grayson...how was your trip? And is there a thread or any pics from it?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:59 AM
Pro

Welcome by the way?

oh my damn!! You two put your gloves on...It's just a thread and if Grayson wants to buy ten thousand cars, then he has been blessed to be able to do so. Not sure where the hostility is coming from, but send it back...QUICKLY!!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:10 AM
I start fires

Originally Posted by DarkSithGirl
oh my damn!! You two put your gloves on...It's just a thread and if Grayson wants to buy ten thousand cars, then he has been blessed to be able to do so. Not sure where the hostility is coming from, but send it back...QUICKLY!!
You and your little boyfriend need to lock your mentally deranged, religious right, Jar-Jar Binks lookin' asses in a dark theater and watch the Star Wars saga until your flesh rots off.

I dont' understand why all you people want to suck this guy off and pretend he's your "forum friend." I guess it's because he buys a lot of nice cars and you can say to your co-workers (read non-friends) "This guy I know has a Z06, or this guy I know has a Viper!" and that in some way makes you feel like less of a loser.

Buying numerous nice cars is great and all for him if that's what he wants to do with his money, but here in lies the problem with this whole discussion; if he is such good friends with a sales manager at an Acura store, why wouldn't he just call his good buddy and find out what he can buy the car for?

It's like he's saying hey "Forum friends, I'm not sure if I want to do it, but will you guys still think I'm cool if I buy this car and sell my Z06?"
Old 06-29-2005, 08:08 AM
G
Bitten.

You and your little boyfriend need to lock your mentally deranged, religious right, Jar-Jar Binks lookin' asses in a dark theater and watch the Star Wars saga until your flesh rots off.

I dont' understand why all you people want to suck this guy off and pretend he's your "forum friend." I guess it's because he buys a lot of nice cars and you can say to your co-workers (read non-friends) "This guy I know has a Z06, or this guy I know has a Viper!" and that in some way makes you feel like less of a loser.

Buying numerous nice cars is great and all for him if that's what he wants to do with his money, but here in lies the problem with this whole discussion; if he is such good friends with a sales manager at an Acura store, why wouldn't he just call his good buddy and find out what he can buy the car for?

It's like he's saying hey "Forum friends, I'm not sure if I want to do it, but will you guys still think I'm cool if I buy this car and sell my Z06?"
Ok buddy, first, I have personally met and spent time with most of the above mentioned "forum friends", so we can put that argument to rest right now.

Second, I am sorry that you are so angry that you cannot respect other's religious views. Have you heard of a thing called respect? Oh, that's right, you probably are head of the KKK by now.

Third, Adrian is a friend, and if you knew what the definition of a friend is, than maybe you would understand. Wait, you probably don't have a dictionary cause you are to smart for one, so here is the top two definitions of the word friend:
A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
Well, that kinda sounds like my reltionship wth Adrian. Do I go and hang out with him every weekend? No, but do I know, like, and trust him? Yes.

Furthermore, this has never been an issue of price. The whole discussion here was about whether I should or shouldn't sell the Vette, asking for advice if you may. If it was an issue of price, than I would have called Adrian, and asked him what he would sell the car to me for. BUT, I am a respectful person and realize that he is a busy man, and I do not want to waste his time and ask him to tell me what he would sell the car to me for if I wasn't completley dead set on buying the car.

So, I repsectfully request that you now leave this community as you bring nothing but hate here, or as you say so elequently, "I start fires."
Old 06-29-2005, 08:24 AM
A clean ride is in

What the hell is going on here??? 6spd, why are you even still posting??
Old 06-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
I'm going to start taking names pretty soon. :smitler:

Keep it on topic and stop the flames.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by Scrib

Keep it on topic and stop the flames.
I agree . . . it's tempting when someone flames out of the blue, but the best way to respond to a looser is to not respond to them at all.

So, ATX___. when are you going to do it and get back in the fold. It'll be great to have a 6Spd in the group . . . and start modding it . . . . need to go faster . . .

Ruf
Old 06-29-2005, 02:46 PM
2ManyMiles

ATX, find a good deal on a CL-S 6spd, unload the Z06 (sniff...) and save some cash. It doesn't sound like you're all that heart-broken to be losing one of the fastest production cars ever made...
Old 06-29-2005, 02:47 PM
A clean ride is in

Originally Posted by RUF87
I agree . . . it's tempting when someone flames out of the blue, but the best way to respond to a looser is to not respond to them at all.

So, ATX___. when are you going to do it and get back in the fold. It'll be great to have a 6Spd in the group . . . and start modding it . . . . need to go faster . . .

Ruf
I hear that!! I wish I had a 6 speed!!
Old 06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Type S-man

yes, i have a cl-s 6spd. I'm just saying that the price atx is mentioning for the cl-s he's thinking about purchasing is WAAAY too high. most people won't get one for the price, i did. i just got really lucky. but i think he should be able to get one for 20k or so w/ all the options he wants (navi). just take a look around the country on autotrader, etc.

That's how i found mine.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

So ATX, I agree with pretty much everyone else....Get the 6spd, I have one and love the hell out of it....Now its no ZO6 but a house owns any ZO6...Besides a little ways down the road maybe you'll get a C6 Zo6 hmmm
Old 06-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Don't listen to them Grayson. Keep the vette. You'll sit in that six speed, let the clutch out and then you will start crying....
Old 06-29-2005, 03:44 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by leolebo28
So ATX, I agree with pretty much everyone else....Get the 6spd, I have one and love the hell out of it....Now its no ZO6 but a house owns any ZO6...Besides a little ways down the road maybe you'll get a C6 Zo6 hmmm
Funny you should mention that-I was going to get on the waiting list until I found out that the dealers in my area were going to charge me $15k over sticker.

Anyways, I have pretty much ruled out the six speed here, as I want a car as close to perfect as possible, and the one here as a couple of deeper scratches.

Sooooo, I have been thinking of what to do as finding a CL-S, six speed, with Navi and OnStar, and low miles, is proving difficult. The thought that comes to mind is that even if I were to get the CL-S, I would still have to get a truck/SUV of some sort to carry my bike around. Therefore, I have been thinking that I should just get a truck, as fun as that sounds

So, I testdrove a 2500 HD with the Duramax in it last night. It was an awesome truck and gets relatively good gas milage for what it is, or, at least is better than a gas engine. I am thinking that unfortunaley this is the better route to take.

Thoughts?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:49 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by trancemission
Don't listen to them Grayson. Keep the vette. You'll sit in that six speed, let the clutch out and then you will start crying....
hahahahaha. Yeah, after driving it last night, it sure is different. But then again, there is not much that I like that is rear-drive, a coupe, and in my price range.

Here is what I came up with:

-350Z/G35: The 350 doesn't do much for me and the G would be too expensive for the options that I want
-S2000: A little small. But, come to think of it, I could get one for cheap, $299 lease, and get a truck to drive daily. I will have to test it out again.

Any other in the $25k range used?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:21 PM
2ManyMiles

hahahahaha. Yeah, after driving it last night, it sure is different. But then again, there is not much that I like that is rear-drive, a coupe, and in my price range.

Here is what I came up with:

-350Z/G35: The 350 doesn't do much for me and the G would be too expensive for the options that I want
-S2000: A little small. But, come to think of it, I could get one for cheap, $299 lease, and get a truck to drive daily. I will have to test it out again.

Any other in the $25k range used?
What about the Chevy Vega? That model had RWD and a V6.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro

Grayson...I vote both...you know how women can never make up their mind!!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrib
House > *
There is no way I'd put a car in front of getting into a new home.
I couldnt agree more. You really have to do what works best for you. Personally, I would invest in a house, not a car.

Quick Reply: Thinking 'bout joining the Acura family again.