teens & driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLushhYYY
Not allowed to drive people until next year.
what they don't know won't hurt you!

new drivers suck. they don't have much experience. most of the people that have their licenses didn't drive the required 50 hrs. and that i feel is a really small time to learn. i feel the more you drive, the better you understand your car and your skills.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Euro925
what they don't know won't hurt you!

new drivers suck. they don't have much experience. most of the people that have their licenses didn't drive the required 50 hrs. and that i feel is a really small time to learn. i feel the more you drive, the better you understand your car and your skills.
No shit
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I learned to drive in a Shelby kit car, it had a 289 motor in it and not much else.

No power steering
No power brakes

I really doubt the gears had synchros on them..

Basically once I mastered that vehicle I was allowed to drive the family Accord. Good way to learn IMO.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^awesome

The car I learned on was a junker automatic Civic with no balls whatsoever. I figured it was good for me in the end, cause if I couldn't go that fast then I couldn't get into much trouble anyway

When I first started driving I'll admit I had a few close calls.... usually when someone else was in the car. And I'll admit I usually drove with other people other than my parents when I wasn't supposed to.... it led to a lot of fun panic stops.

It all depends on the person.... I text while I'm in the car but I usually pull over. When someone calls I ignore it or pull out the BT headset. As for the cars I drove afterwards, I paid for them all myself so I actually gave a crap about them. No accidents in any of them *knock on wood* except for one, not my fault.... had been at a red light for a long while and some lady bumped into my Integra.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by greco9885
alot of ignorance in this thread.

i agree 100% that it is WAY to easy to get a license. i think any new driver should have the safest car possible within the families budget.

whenever a teen is involved in an accident they says its cause of inexperience.

alright well fck everyone, if your not 23 and over you cant drive....

come on, lets get serious, everyone was in the same stage, being a new driver and thinking you are an "expert" at driving
The problem is not the inexperience itself. Rather, it's the conceit that it seems many teens have when it comes to driving....as if the prior several years playing Gran Turismo has lent a wealth knowledge towards their driving abilities OR the indignance demonstrated by the teen in the OP's post.

Although my 18 y/o has yet to have an accident (which he hopefully never will), he already has several bad habits that will DEFINITELY increase his chances of experiencing one: seat reclined too far back, darkest tints available in the front windows (2 tickets), music playing at myocardial infarction inducing levels, and a lead foot (1 ticket).

Honestly (and this is just my personal observation and that of my wife) and in general, the mental sharpness of teens dropped off considerably after the GenX peak.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dougler
We have it in ontario, there's 3 levels.

Class G1

New drivers of passenger vehicles learn to drive with six important conditions with a G1 licence. A new driver must hold a G1 licence for a minimum of 12 months before attempting the G1 road test. This time can be reduced to eight months if you successfully complete an approved driver education course. Drivers earn more privileges after passing their G1 road test.

As a G1 driver, you are required to:

* maintain a zero blood alcohol level while driving;
* be accompanied by a fully licensed driver, who has at least four years driving experience, and a blood alcohol level of less than .05 per cent, in case he/she needs to take over the wheel;
* ensure the accompanying driver is the only other person in the front seat;
* ensure the number of passengers in the vehicle is limited to the number of working seat belts;
* refrain from driving on Ontario's "400-series" highways or on high speed expressways such as the Queen Elizabeth Way, Don Valley Parkway, Gardiner Expressway, E.C. Row Expressway and the Conestoga Parkway; FWIW to our American friends the 400 series of highways would be equivalent to your major interstates.
* refrain from driving between midnight and 5:00 a.m.

New drivers must hold a G2 licence for a minimum of 12 months before they can attempt the G2 road test. At this level, you have more privileges because of your driving experience. You may drive without an accompanying driver on all Ontario roads anytime. However, you are still required to:

* maintain a zero blood alcohol level while driving;
* ensure the number of passengers in the vehicle is limited to the number of working seat belts.

To further protect youth on our roads, effective September 1, 2005: the number of young passengers that teen G2 drivers can carry will be limited from midnight to 5 a.m. as follows:

* Initially, G2 drivers 19 or under can carry only one passenger aged 19 or under.
* After the first six months, and until the G2 driver earns a full G licence or turns 20, they can carry only three passengers aged 19 or under.
These restrictions will not apply if the G2 driver is accompanied by a full "G" licensed driver (with at least four years driving experience) in the front seat, or if the passengers are immediate family members.

And finally after all this you have to complete another roadtest which is longer and more comprehensive to get your full G license.
yup, we thats we have. fortunately i got my licence a while ago, when the ago restrictions for G2 drivers were not in place yet. Unncessary IMO.

I found the G test to be easier, shorter and less complicated than the G2 Test, so i don't know where you're getting that information. You just drive on the highway for 5 mins.

Either way, driving is like anything else, you're either good at it or your not.
You can become mediocre after a few years but still be a shitty middle aged driver.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Things have become more strict, one of the guys I go bowling with is 16(cool kid) and he got his license about 4 months ago. As soon as I got my license when I was 16 and besides the 9:00 curfew I could go and do what I wanted. He can only go to and from school/work or be in the car with a driver with a class D or greater license.

There are a number of ways they are making things safer for teens and others on the road and this is one case that I think the government is making good corrections. I know when my cousins learned to drive, they could get permit at 15 but could not apply for a license until 16. I think extending the permit period and strictly enforcing no tolerance about at fault accidents/alcohol/drugs and serious traffic infractions. When I turned 16 I got my permit and the same day scheduled my license test and with in a week of turning 16 I was driving by myself.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by teranfon
I'm not entirely sure, by I think it's the responsibility of each province to determine the process for obtaining a driver's license and the method of enforcement.

Terry
in Alberta they have this. I was a part of this program. I got my learners permit (driving only with an adult who had his license for more then 2 years I think and can't be driving at all between midnight and 6am), I also had to wait a year and then go to the road test. After that I had a Graduated Drivers License (GDL) (only 8 demerits allowed on my license and couldn't drive past midnight till 6am and I think there was something about not having more then 3 passangers in the car, 4 people total, 0% alcohol tollerance), then 2 years after that you go and do the road test again and you get your real drivers license. So that means driving any time of day/night, and 16 allowed demerits on your license as well as 1 beer or something like that.

sad thing is that after all of this people still suck at driving.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM
No room in

To get my license, I had to have a learning permit for 6 months and 50 hours of driving... my parents made me do the 50 hours, following DMV instructions (various road types like country, city, freeway, etc., night and day on all types). Took me a year to get my 50 hours and get licensed, but I was better prepared because of it.

Of course until you're 18 in PA you're on a junior license, can't be out past 11PM, I think you're passenger limited (not sure on this), no alcohol tolerance, etc.

Anyways, on topic of the permit, I know more than one person whose parents just wrote in driving times/conditions that their kid didn't even do just so that they could get their license after the 6 months was up. I mean, really? You're going to sign away your kid's life to 20-30 hours of driving? I don't get it.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Dicorp
yup, we thats we have. fortunately i got my licence a while ago, when the ago restrictions for G2 drivers were not in place yet. Unncessary IMO.

I found the G test to be easier, shorter and less complicated than the G2 Test, so i don't know where you're getting that information. You just drive on the highway for 5 mins.

Either way, driving is like anything else, you're either good at it or your not.
You can become mediocre after a few years but still be a shitty middle aged driver.
The G test was probably easier because you had been on the road longer., but it's supposed to cover everything done during the g2 test plus the highway section, which I thought was dangerous as hell as you have to merge onto the highway and actually obey the speed limit, while everyone else is doing 110+
Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by myron
in Alberta they have this. I was a part of this program. I got my learners permit (driving only with an adult who had his license for more then 2 years I think and can't be driving at all between midnight and 6am), I also had to wait a year and then go to the road test. After that I had a Graduated Drivers License (GDL) (only 8 demerits allowed on my license and couldn't drive past midnight till 6am and I think there was something about not having more then 3 passangers in the car, 4 people total, 0% alcohol tollerance), then 2 years after that you go and do the road test again and you get your real drivers license. So that means driving any time of day/night, and 16 allowed demerits on your license as well as 1 beer or something like that.

sad thing is that after all of this people still suck at driving.
because none of those actually help you become a better driver.

They are limiting your ability to drive at night for example. Seems like a good idea. Then when you hit a the allowed age, you can be potentially forced into a situation where you have to drive at night and have idea whats involved.

People tend to learn through experience and training, not through restrictions.

If the government wants people to be better drivers, implement driver's education that will cover weather conditions, night driving and the like.

Originally Posted by The Dougler
The G test was probably easier because you had been on the road longer., but it's supposed to cover everything done during the g2 test plus the highway section, which I thought was dangerous as hell as you have to merge onto the highway and actually obey the speed limit, while everyone else is doing 110+
yes, because i drove for 4 years with my G2, so i could practice. I don't think many people are ready for the G test after one year. not enough time.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Dicorp
because none of those actually help you become a better driver.

They are limiting your ability to drive at night for example. Seems like a good idea. Then when you hit a the allowed age, you can be potentially forced into a situation where you have to drive at night and have idea whats involved.

People tend to learn through experience and training, not through restrictions.

If the government wants people to be better drivers, implement driver's education that will cover weather conditions, night driving and the like.

yes, because i drove for 4 years with my G2, so i could practice. I don't think many people are ready for the G test after one year. not enough time.
I did mine exactly on the 1 year anniversary date I thought it was easy, and the longer you have it, the lower your insurance, so there's financial incentives for going through the system as fast as possible.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
AAA study says teen drivers kill others more than they kill themselves

Teenage drivers are dangerous, that's no revelation. AAA has analyzed the last decade of crash data by its AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety and found that while deadly crashes are down overall, teenage drivers are still at least twice as lethal to other people as they are to themselves.

While measures such as graduated licensing and improved driver training have brought down fatalities, more could still be done. Passengers in cars driven by teens continue to fare the worst, while other drivers, pedestrians and other non-motorists are also victims. The statistics certainly make parents contemplate carting around their progeny indefinitely, as AAA says that 49 states could beef up their graduated licensing programs. Add to the discussion the dismal state of driver training and the level of distraction many drivers (not just teens) inflict upon themselves while piloting 3,000-pound projectiles, and you might also start seriously considering telecommuting. Check out the official press release from AAA after the jump.[Source: AAA | Photo by djuggler | CC2.0]

Majority of People Killed in Teen Crashes are Passengers and Other Drivers - Not Teen Drivers

Analysis shows large reduction in deaths for all road users as deadly teen driver crashes dropped during last decade, says AAA

WASHINGTON, Feb. 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The majority of people killed in teen driver crashes continue to be people other than teen drivers themselves, according to an updated analysis of 10 years of crash data by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety.

The analysis shows that about one-third of people killed in crashes involving drivers ages 15 to 17 are teen drivers themselves. Nearly two-thirds are passengers, occupants of other vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, and other road users.

"For every teen driver killed in a crash, almost twice as many other people die, which underscores the link between teen driver safety and the safety of everyone on the road," said AAA President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet.

Nationally, between 1998 and 2007, crashes involving 15-, 16- and 17-year-old drivers killed 28,138 people, of whom 10,388 (36.9%) were teen drivers themselves. The remaining 17,750 (63.1%) deaths included 8,829 passengers of the teen drivers, 6,858 occupants of other vehicles operated by adult drivers, and 2,063 non-motorists and others. A previous analysis in 2006 found that between 1995 and 2004, crashes involving 15-, 16- and 17-year-old drivers claimed the lives of 30,917 people, of whom 36.2 percent were teen drivers themselves and 63.6 percent were others.

"Young drivers face an array of potentially deadly challenges at the wheel," said AAA Foundation President and CEO Peter Kissinger. "Parents and teens need to understand the serious responsibility of driving and the risks and consequences involved."

AAA points to the drop in both teen driver deaths and the larger drop in deaths of others during the last decade as evidence that improving teen driver safety benefits all road users.

"During the last decade, as states improved their teen licensing systems and AAA has helped parents get more involved, we have seen reductions in teen driver deaths and even larger reductions in the number of other people killed," said Darbelnet. "Clearly, measures put into place to save teen drivers help us all."

AAA continues to call for comprehensive graduated driver licensing (GDL) systems that let new teen drivers gain experience under less-risky conditions. States with comprehensive GDL systems have been shown to reduce deaths among 16-year-old drivers by 38 percent. Forty-nine state GDL systems fall short of AAA guidelines.

AAA also encourages parents to play the leading role in developing their teen driver through regular dialogue, selecting a quality driving school, using a parent-teen driving agreement, extensive practice driving, and choosing a safe vehicle for their teen.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:52 PM
bye Acura, hello Toyota

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.
No-- we sucked at driving when we were teens as well. ...I managed to hit a T-Bird in a blind intersection while @ 30 mph when I was 18, and one buddy had three cars on which he did unintended body work at various points in junior and sophomore years-- but we were driving used cars bought for $3K or less.
Oh, to be young and stupid again...
hah! my wife says I'm old & still stoopid..oops...stupid

Originally Posted by greco9885
alot of ignorance in this thread.
i agree 100% that it is WAY to easy to get a license. i think any new driver should have the safest car possible within the families budget....alright well fck everyone, if your not 23 and over you cant drive....come on, lets get serious, everyone was in the same stage, being a new driver and thinking you are an "expert" at driving
I for one was not able to think I was an "expert" at driving even at a young age because, I didn't drive (in the U.S.) until I was about 22. Though I did drive when I was 13 back in asia, but that was due to necessity (helping the family), plus w/ the traffic we have...fastest you can go is 10-20 mph bumper to bumper..LOL
Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Good read.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
^ HTF do you fail a driving test in the US, if you are not blind or have an IQ<50?
Simple. I failed my first driving test because the idiot woman giving the test wasn't even paying attention, was just looking out the passenger window on her right. When someone cut me off, I'd hit the brakes, then she'd turn her head and look, then mark me down for following too closely, or driving recklessly, I guess.

I got a perfect score on my second driving test, solely because I had a different person giving the test.

Anyways, just felt like telling that. I've always noticed that teens drive 5 times worse when they have a friend or 2 in the car with them. Tailing the person in front of them at all times, doing 10 MPH rolling stops at stop signs, etc. are apparently favorable traits to a 17-19 year old.

And yeah, I was a pretty lousy driver when I just got my license. However the only problem I ever had was misjudging distances around me, didn't do any stupid reckless crap. I almost jumped the curb a couple times because I thought I wasn't in the parking space as much as I should have been, haha.

Last edited by Rapture; 03-04-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
teens drive to fast like fast and the furious ow a days.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by Rapture
Simple. I failed my first driving test because the idiot woman giving the test wasn't even paying attention, was just looking out the passenger window on her right. When someone cut me off, I'd hit the brakes, then she'd turn her head and look, then mark me down for following too closely, or driving recklessly, I guess.

I got a perfect score on my second driving test, solely because I had a different person giving the test.

Anyways, just felt like telling that. I've always noticed that teens drive 5 times worse when they have a friend or 2 in the car with them. Tailing the person in front of them at all times, doing 10 MPH rolling stops at stop signs, etc. are apparently favorable traits to a 17-19 year old.

And yeah, I was a pretty lousy driver when I just got my license. However the only problem I ever had was misjudging distances around me, didn't do any stupid reckless crap. I almost jumped the curb a couple times because I thought I wasn't in the parking space as much as I should have been, haha.
My problem is that if you put all the kids in separate cars there will probably be a tendency to race one another. So you get some 16 year old in his pile of shit civic seeing if he can drive faster than his retard friend in a piece of shit Camry.

Granted the argument goes both ways
Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
teens drive to fast like fast and the furious ow a days.
this is the sterotype that gets many people pissed including myself. I have a cousin who has penny pinched since the day he could count money and now hes 17 and rocking a 50K car, paying it all by himself and its almost near paid off right now. He pays for gas and insurance too ! He knows the value of a dolllar and trust me, he drives great. Parks only next to islands in parking lots, always does the speed limit, never races, etc. He even doesn't turn on the radio in the morning so he can concentrate on the road!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I somehow got by without any accidents (involving other people, anyway), but MAN I was a terrible driver as a teenager.

Everybody is a terrible driver as a teenager. I give them a wide berth and am prepared for them to do exactly the wrong thing at any given time. I'm not sure who I'm more scared of on the road, teenagers or old people.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Audioserf
I somehow got by without any accidents (involving other people, anyway), but MAN I was a terrible driver as a teenager.

Everybody is a terrible driver as a teenager. I give them a wide berth and am prepared for them to do exactly the wrong thing at any given time. I'm not sure who I'm more scared of on the road, teenagers or old people.
I sort of agree. Out of my 24 years of driving, the only three accidents I had were during my teen years.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
no see, those teen girls, and yes. i know exactly who and what type your talking about. i went to school with them.

they try to get their liscense asap. they get it, after probably the 4th or 5th try because of their "pretty eyes"

then they look at their daddy, and ask for the shiniest car on the lot (benz, bmw,audi)
high class, or fast class.

and then they make sure they get the greatest package, every single add-on possible.

daddy will do anything for her little angel just to keep her happy. even if it means a gucci interior on that 70grand land rover.

and then little angel eyes drives that thing around like a bumper car. cuz she knows, if she crashes, airbags will save her. and after that. daddy will get the newer model.
from a 08 she'll move to a 09. and so on
Old 03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
One on the right for me

what the hell?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by zeppler
no see, those teen girls, and yes. i know exactly who and what type your talking about. i went to school with them.

they try to get their liscense asap. they get it, after probably the 4th or 5th try because of their "pretty eyes"

then they look at their daddy, and ask for the shiniest car on the lot (benz, bmw,audi)
high class, or fast class.

and then they make sure they get the greatest package, every single add-on possible.

daddy will do anything for her little angel just to keep her happy. even if it means a gucci interior on that 70grand land rover.

and then little angel eyes drives that thing around like a bumper car. cuz she knows, if she crashes, airbags will save her. and after that. daddy will get the newer model.
from a 08 she'll move to a 09. and so on

I'm sorry was this in English?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
im just pissed off. cuz a girl two blocks away from me had hit me last month while i was driving my dads car, and two weeks ago, i see her with a brand new infinity.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by zeppler
im just pissed off. cuz a girl two blocks away from me had hit me last month while i was driving my dads car, and two weeks ago, i see her with a brand new infinity.
Was there a head injury?
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
When I took my driver's test, the stupid bitch giving me the test said she almost failed me for driving under the speed limit. I didn't want to go the speed limit exactly because then if I breached it by even 1 mph she could have failed me. I was going 42 in a 45...driving safely. Fucking twat...

I passed, though. 85/100. It'll be six years ago in June.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
One on the right for me

One of my buddy's almost failed because he was riding the clutch. I didn't even know you could lose points for that.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by PortlandRL
When I took my driver's test, the stupid bitch giving me the test said she almost failed me for driving under the speed limit. I didn't want to go the speed limit exactly because then if I breached it by even 1 mph she could have failed me. I was going 42 in a 45...driving safely. Fucking twat...

I passed, though. 85/100. It'll be six years ago in June.
I also got docked points for driving under the speed limit, too. The idiot woman I mentioned before, told me to "take the first right" but I'm looking off in the distance and I see about a dozen right turns, and I can't actually see if they turn into driveways, parking lots, etc. until I get real close. Of course I'd have to drive slowly so I won't miss whatever turn she wanted me to take..
Old 03-05-2009, 07:03 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by Rapture
I've always noticed that teens drive 5 times worse when they have a friend or 2 in the car with them. Tailing the person in front of them at all times, doing 10 MPH rolling stops at stop signs, etc. are apparently favorable traits to a 17-19 year old.

I was the same way when I first started. But eventually I tried and tried improving in any way I could and now many people prefer me driving vs. someone with 10 or 20 years experience.

3 years ago though, I had quite a few panic stops and close calls.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
I'm a good driver!
Although, I've been driving since I was about 13 with my dad. So not im not so "new"

Hahaha reminds me of when I had to do behind the wheel training. The student after me had to drive me home and he signaled to change lanes to the left lane and looked over his right shoulder i was like wtf is wrong with you?!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:52 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's to easy to pass drivers ed, and if you know someone in the DMV, you can get your license without even taking a test. Honestly the driver's ed courses should be more rigorous, especially considering people are paying good money to take those courses.

However the most critical element is the parent, they are the ones bringing new drivers on the road, they should make sure their child knows what they're doing.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean
Agreed. Europe has the right idea. Extensive training, tougher tests, and more expensive fee to obtain your license. It's a privilege, not a right... so it should be earned (and tougher to earn then it is)...

DMV policies for earning a license are way to simple IMHO.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
I'm sorry was this in English?
I understood what he said, although I think he's post is more of a rant about how envious he is of rich teenage girls.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 PM

One thing we all have to realize is you can make the test as difficult as humanly possible, but it still won't alter someone's behavior behind the wheel after the get their license, although admittedly they will be better off.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Eoanou
One thing we all have to realize is you can make the test as difficult as humanly possible, but it still won't alter someone's behavior behind the wheel after the get their license, although admittedly they will be better off.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Sounders FC

Increasing the license age is just ridiculous. Experience is what makes people better drivers, not age.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Danil ACE
Increasing the license age is just ridiculous. Experience is what makes people better drivers, not age.
experience comes with age though
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
socialism= the suck

Here in Ohio they went to a graduated program right after i got my license.
like right after i got my permit and took all my driving time required like less than a month later got my full license. more it's trickier and more difficult to get. Even CDLs are tougher to get.
like when i got mine i didn't have to go to truck driving school. i just went and bought "the packet."(like 10 or 15 bucks). take your test, provided you pass your done. now you gotta go through school. do so many of "ride along hours" take a test then your done.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Our drivers licensing system is a joke. More needs to go into training to get the license.

Quick Reply: teens & driving