Based on the Diablo...

Old 02-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
i love it
Old 02-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that front end in the second picture looks awful. i'm not too sure about that side skirt vent either. other than those things, that car is gorgeous.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
i love it
+1
Old 02-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Nick

Very excellent. I wonder what that twin concentric round thing is in the panel behind the side windows?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
oh secks on wheels.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXey
Very excellent. I wonder what that twin concentric round thing is in the panel behind the side windows?
Fuel cap.

The design borrows too much from the Diablo.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Got a Job!

i don't care what it borrows, that thing is HOT
Old 02-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Based on the Diablo...

Old 02-15-2007, 07:43 AM
G
Bitten.

Eh, I'd rather have a Diablo.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by ATXCLS
Eh, I'd rather have a Diablo.
+1,
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Nick

By now I would think/hope this version has gone through some refinement and actually handles well. Unlike some current Lambos, as far as I know Diablo's handled kinda crazy, somewhat unpredictable, not refined at all, some would say dangerous anywhere near the limits of handling. But if you don't care about refinement and just want a raw unrefined wild-ass exotic that looks great and has plenty of power and you like driving in a mostly straight line, the Diablo fits the bill.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:00 PM
G
Bitten.

By now I would think/hope this version has gone through some refinement and actually handles well. Unlike some current Lambos, as far as I know Diablo's handled kinda crazy, somewhat unpredictable, not refined at all, some would say dangerous anywhere near the limits of handling. But if you don't care about refinement and just want a raw unrefined wild-ass exotic that looks great and has plenty of power and you like driving in a mostly straight line, the Diablo fits the bill.
Another my uncle's, aunt's, sister's, monkey's, pickle's Diablo handled like crap statement, so therefore it must be true across the board. Did you ever think that maybe your uncle's, aunt's, sister's, monkey's, pickle couldn't drive?

The Diablo is an amazing car to drive and handles B-E-A-UTIFULY. It is an easier and more balanced car to drive then my Viper. Wait, I bet you think that the Viper handles like crap to . . . don't you?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:17 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
I likes!

The thread title had me worried...I thought I was gonna see a version of this:
Old 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Nick

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
Another my uncle's, aunt's, sister's, monkey's, pickle's Diablo handled like crap statement, so therefore it must be true across the board. Did you ever think that maybe your uncle's, aunt's, sister's, monkey's, pickle couldn't drive?

The Diablo is an amazing car to drive and handles B-E-A-UTIFULY. It is an easier and more balanced car to drive then my Viper. Wait, I bet you think that the Viper handles like crap to . . . don't you?

Well I've always liked a lot about Diablos, especially the later ones. And I admit my comment about questionable handling was second hand bullcrap that I heard from what I consider some "knowledgeable sources" but no first hand experience.

So I hereby admit my wrongful accusations of that car and I hope everyone here understands that I am retracting my unfounded statements. You did also peak my curiousity so I will try to learn more facts about the Diablo from actual owners and more reliable sources.

Just for the record, none of my relatives that you mentioned really know much about cars at all. They're nice folks, but not "car guys" or "car gals" ...or car monkeys or pickles either.

And don't get too bent out of shape about your Viper. I know Vipers can handle well if set up and driven properly. And I do know Vipers a lot better from close experience than what I know of Diablos. I have local friends with Vipers, stock, supercharged, twin turbo (I'm so impressed out of my socks I have to say he just ran a 7.99 @ 170 in the 1/4 a week or so ago!). I've driven on tracks with all sorts of Vipers including Competition Coupes, I've even been invited to Viper track days in fact because fact is, I love all sorts of cars and I'm a pretty good driver and those who know that enjoy driving/competing on the track with me. So I've driven with, around and passed Vipers on the track and the street many times, and I've also been passed a few times too. I've even had thoughts about getting a used Competition Coupe one of these days. Diablos are out of my league even if they handle well.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like shit imho
Old 02-16-2007, 08:02 AM
G
Bitten.

Well I've always liked a lot about Diablos, especially the later ones. And I admit my comment about questionable handling was second hand bullcrap that I heard from what I consider some "knowledgeable sources" but no first hand experience.

So I hereby admit my wrongful accusations of that car and I hope everyone here understands that I am retracting my unfounded statements. You did also peak my curiousity so I will try to learn more facts about the Diablo from actual owners and more reliable sources.

Just for the record, none of my relatives that you mentioned really know much about cars at all. They're nice folks, but not "car guys" or "car gals" ...or car monkeys or pickles either.

And don't get too bent out of shape about your Viper. I know Vipers can handle well if set up and driven properly. And I do know Vipers a lot better from close experience than what I know of Diablos. I have local friends with Vipers, stock, supercharged, twin turbo (I'm so impressed out of my socks I have to say he just ran a 7.99 @ 170 in the 1/4 a week or so ago!). I've driven on tracks with all sorts of Vipers including Competition Coupes, I've even been invited to Viper track days in fact because fact is, I love all sorts of cars and I'm a pretty good driver and those who know that enjoy driving/competing on the track with me. So I've driven with, around and passed Vipers on the track and the street many times, and I've also been passed a few times too. I've even had thoughts about getting a used Competition Coupe one of these days. Diablos are out of my league even if they handle well.
It's all good. I just hate it when people say shit like that that they have no first hand experience to back up. It gets annoying. Diablo's are simply amazing cars and one will be in my garage shortly