Stock FORD GT makes 565rwhp!!! big time underatted.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ant7701
Ford definitly sucks ass IMO but they do have a couple of rides that I'd kill for. A 1970 Boss 429 Mustang is one of them...this is another. However I was reading an article on the new Saleen supercar...the one from Bruce Allmighty..anyways I was reading the section where they say Good,Bad yada yada yada...and in the bad section was noisey power steering pump. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !Every vehicle ford has evewr made has that damn power steering whine. ALL OF THEM and they can't even correct the problem on their most expensive supercar ever. I'm sorry but sometimes I wonder what the hell where they thinking. As far as the new GT...hot as hell and everything but it doesn't even hold a stick to the Enzo!!

Bigman said he'd rather have the new GT, E55, suburban and a house over the Enzo...fuck that man give me the Ferrari!!!!
A power steering "NOISE" is better than having a fucked up tranny right?

Or how about bmw m3 which blows up. Its a problem even on the 04!.

Im not putting any of the cars down. All cars have their problems, thats why we have WARRANTY.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah maybe in ur book...but a trans can be fixed for a good amount of time or never go wrong right....

AND the 04TL has zero trans problems as of right now

AND every ford made vehicle on the planet has this noise...not just a couple of models from 01-03
Not tryin to be an ass either but...
Old 03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Instructor

I honestly dont know what noise ur talking about which is soo anoying?

The only power steering noise my cobra got was at FULL LOCK. And its not just ford that does that, ALOT DOOO.

I never had a constant noise of any sort. Besides my supercharger whine.

Its no big deal though, I see where your coming from. When your loosing against FORDS its only natural to try to pick something out about the other car and make yourself feel better.:pfawk:
Old 03-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Racer

Originally posted by El_accordo
at least when, the domestics bring power, they also bring high quality, durable, automatics. go ahead, and tell the man how good the transmission is in your "high hp n/a car"
Fords don't have transmission problems. Give me a break. They never last over 100k miles in any Ford. Mustangs drive like a truck. If you're over 6 ft tall the seat does not even go back far enought to keep you from getting a cramp. You can take a peice of s--t Civic put some bolt-ons from anybody in your driveway and hand a V8 Mustang their ass all day long.... The Cobras and Saleens stay in the shop. Ask someone who has one and drives it every day. Do the math = our 3.2 liter V6 do 225 HP stock. What does a a 4.9 V8 stock mustang do in HP. God help FORD if HONDA ever places a Performance V8 on the street. 2 more Cylinders and more displacement. Whats a Stock 4.9 mustang V8 do ? Lets compare Fords little V6 Cougars, would be CLS lunch.
BTW I like Mustangs and am not bashing but lets keep it real here. We would have no problem taking Ford Focus's with 2 less cylinders. Peace.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by jgscott
Fords don't have transmission problems. Give me a break. They never last over 100k miles in any Ford. Mustangs drive like a truck. If you're over 6 ft tall the seat does not even go back far enought to keep you from getting a cramp. You can take a peice of s--t Civic put some bolt-ons from anybody in your driveway and hand a V8 Mustang their ass all day long.... The Cobras and Saleens stay in the shop. Ask someone who has one and drives it every day. Do the math = our 3.2 liter V6 do 225 HP stock. What does a a 4.9 V8 stock mustang do in HP. God help FORD if HONDA ever places a Performance V8 on the street. 2 more Cylinders and more displacement. Whats a Stock 4.9 mustang V8 do ? Lets compare Fords little V6 Cougars, would be CLS lunch.
BTW I like Mustangs and am not bashing but lets keep it real here. We would have no problem taking Ford Focus's with 2 less cylinders. Peace.
You must be on Crack.

1st. Shows how much you know 4.9 v8 WTF? its a 4.6L.:nutkick:
2nd. You can do bolt ons on a civic in ur driveway and beat mustang. Not unless you can bolt on a turbo and tune it on the dyno u have on ur driveway. :sqnteek:

I drove my Cobra every damm day! I made 514rwhp on my stock motor drove into the ground everyday and she gave me NO PROBLEMS. Not 1!!!!

Some people on thos board are retarded, Im just gonna stop responding to dumbass's like this.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by CraZee ZO6

Some people on thos board are retarded, Im just gonna stop responding to dumbass's like this.
yes, and advice from some folks should be taken with scrutiny.

Everyones an expert it seems.

It's real funny when people think they can make a 4 cyl faster than a V8. I guess they fell asleep in math class. Or I bet most didn't go...

If I stick a turbo on my blah blah blah blah... umm OK mr. smarty. What happens when you do that to the V8.

shhh! here's how far $5k on a domestic goes. (just an example)

chevy
http://www.torqueandchrome.com/350twinturbo

ford
http://allfordmustangs.com/reviewpos...hp?product=129

lol, a quick google search. Some folks might want to go do some reading...

one final thing... the more room you have to play with (displacement). The more power you can make.... LOL, the Japanese didn't unleash some power in their 4 cyls that breaks the laws of physics.

Might want to go compare internals on your 225hp V6vs. the ford 260hp V8 (and 300ft/lb of torque ). compression ratios, valve size, head flow, intake flow, cam setups, exhaust flow, multiple stage intakes.... I think you'll find the Ford is WAY detuned.

Have you heard of torque? HP is a calculation based on torque. Go back and compare those numbers.

And then remember the ford is WAY detuned.... vs. the 225HP V6.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

[BThey use superchargers for efficeincy and what I think is to hook up the aftermarket tuner. Now a days a cobra or a lightning are so easy to make HUGE HP. Just add a pulley, and BIG POWER.

New tech motors + boost = death to all else [/B]

That, and I really think for fuel economy. If your not on the boost your running a 8.5:1 4.6L V8 (maybe 200hp).

It's way more economical than a hot cammed high compression high flow engine.

Honda gets away with it using VTEC. Low cheezy cams for fuel economy, and hot cams for power.

I belive Ford has started to use variable valve technology starting with the 05 Mustang. So I think we'll be seeing a different future.

I wonder if he knows the corvette has a shift lockout to keep the fuel economy down. If your not on the gas the ccorvette forces a 1st to forth gear shift (yes, on the MANUAL transmission)
Old 03-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Sweet as Gold

Ford started the variable valve timing w/ the Focus..
Old 03-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Ant7701
Ford started the variable valve timing w/ the Focus..
right, I was just focusing on the V8 stuff. I think the F-150 is actually the 1st Ford to get it (modular V8 wise) in the 5.4l.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 142 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally posted by SiGGy
right, I was just focusing on the V8 stuff. I think the F-150 is actually the 1st Ford to get it (modular V8 wise) in the 5.4l.
0wn3d
Old 03-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Instructor

That, and I really think for fuel economy. If your not on the boost your running a 8.5:1 4.6L V8 (maybe 200hp).

It's way more economical than a hot cammed high compression high flow engine.

Honda gets away with it using VTEC. Low cheezy cams for fuel economy, and hot cams for power.

I belive Ford has started to use variable valve technology starting with the 05 Mustang. So I think we'll be seeing a different future.

I wonder if he knows the corvette has a shift lockout to keep the fuel economy down. If your not on the gas the ccorvette forces a 1st to forth gear shift (yes, on the MANUAL transmission)
Yea I actually get 19mpg city/highway mix. I run the CAR hard too.
On highway alone I can get 28mpg! To me thats impressive for a 5.7L V8 Making 405hp. Im actually making 433hp at the crank.

-Zee
Old 03-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Disproportionate Member

CraZee, what happened to your Mustang, btw? (I'm a former 99 Cobra owner: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select312.htm
Old 03-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Aquineas
CraZee, what happened to your Mustang, btw? (I'm a former 99 Cobra owner: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select312.htm
GOT HIT by a DUMP TRUCK Will never forget her.
Nice cobra you had too.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Dealer advertising in the NY Times has a GT available.....only $250k.

Good luck to those who think they can get one for MSRP. I would have to see the final contract to believe it.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Racer

You must be on Crack.

1st. Shows how much you know 4.9 v8 WTF? its a 4.6L.:nutkick:
2nd. You can do bolt ons on a civic in ur driveway and beat mustang. Not unless you can bolt on a turbo and tune it on the dyno u have on ur driveway. :sqnteek:

I drove my Cobra every damm day! I made 514rwhp on my stock motor drove into the ground everyday and she gave me NO PROBLEMS. Not 1!!!!

I've seen moded Civics hand Mustangs their ass at the track. You can go find any link you want. But at the track the faster time wins period.

Showing me how far $5000 can go on a Mustang ? You know anything about what happen last year on the 300 Special Edition Cobra R's with the 5.4 just to beat a Stock z06 ? Ok let me tell you, they spent $55,000 on them ! I don't need a link, it's a fact. $55,000.

Comparing V8's to V6's is BS. Like I said where is the Cougar V6 compare and link ???

You like making wHP on the Dyno or going fast, cause what really counts is NOT HP VS Torque. Its Power to Weight that counts. You don't move on a dyno. Ex: a 1000 CC Sport Bike will make about only 140 whp. I guess with your crack comments and Dyno numbers you will smoke him in a quarter HUH. Fact NO. DUH ! Maybe you could have a whp dyno race HUH. Tell a Kaw ZX-12 you make 514whp when you catch up next time one cooks your ass from the light when you catch up at the next light.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Suzuka Master

I've seen mod of Civics hand Mustangs their ass at the track. You can go find any link you want. But at the track the faster time wins period.

Showing me how far $5000 can go on a Mustang ? You know anything about what happen last year on the 300 Special Edition Cobra R's with the 5.4 just to beat a Stock z06 ? Ok let me tell you, they spent $55,000 on them ! I don't need a link, it's a fact. $55,000.

Comparing V8's to V6's is BS. Like I said where is the Cougar V6 compare and link ???

You like making wHP on the Dyno or going fast, cause what really counts is NOT HP VS Torque. Its Power to Weight that counts. You don't move on a dyno. Ex: a 1000 CC Sport Bike will make about only 140 whp. I guess with your crack comments and Dyno numbers you will smoke him in a quarter HUH. Fact NO. DUH ! Maybe you could have a whp dyno race HUH. Tell a Kaw ZX-12 you make 514whp when you catch up next time one cooks your ass from the light when you catch up at the next light.
I sorta not sure what point you are trying to make, but I'll comment anyway.

Yes, there are fast Civics out there, but not as many as you make it out to be.. It's much easier and cheaper to make a V8 powered car faster. Whatever you do to a Civic engine for example, can be done to a LS1 for usually less $$, and definitely pays off more divideds.

And in regards to $5k of mods, look at the 03 SVT Cobra. If you put in ~$5k of mods, you can see possibly 500+ hp at the wheels. Try getting that same power with $5k in mods to a Civic. Not gonna happen.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally posted by cusdaddy

And in regards to $5k of mods, look at the 03 SVT Cobra. If you put in ~$5k of mods, you can see possibly 500+ hp at the wheels. Try getting that same power with $5k in mods to a Civic. Not gonna happen.
I'm not taking any sides in this debate but, getting the same power out of a modded Civic (in order to equate it to a $5K modded SVT) is unnecessary given that the Civic weighs MUCH less. (not to mention that the Civic costs about $15-20G less out the door.) But your point is well taken.

As for the GT vs Enzo comment; all you (we all) need to ask ourselves is: If you won the Powerball lottery and price became no object, which would you get between the two???

In my case, I am admittedly biased towards the Enzo. (duh!! its a Ferrari!! ) The new GT is an impressive product from Ford, from a performance standpoint. It's flatout a bargain basement price for pseudo-exotic.

More impressive though would be Ford developing a Taurus that would actually steal sales away from the Accord and Camry OR a Sable that would better the TL and G35S as a sports sedan. THAT would be even more impressive. BTW: I'm NOT talking rental/commercial fleet sales either.

JUST my $.02.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Racer

Originally posted by cusdaddy
I sorta not sure what point you are trying to make, but I'll comment anyway.

Yes, there are fast Civics out there, but not as many as you make it out to be.. It's much easier and cheaper to make a V8 powered car faster. Whatever you do to a Civic engine for example, can be done to a LS1 for usually less $$, and definitely pays off more divideds.

OK I respect what you are saying. I did not say that there lots of Civics out there that are Mustang beaters.
My point is you cannot look at HP and Torque ratings to say which car is faster. Power to Weight is what makes a car fast and thats never going to change.
In reguards to the $5000 in mods. I don't think you know that you can build a Mustang beating 4 cylinder Civic for less than $5000. But you and the others are still talking HP only. Did you undrestand the sportbike example of 140HP VS 500 + HP.
Which do you think is faster ? You guys keep saying "faster" but are quoting HP and Torque.
Is the S/C Mustang not a modded application from the factory ?
Think I dont know what I'm talking about, take a trip down to the track on Fri and Sat night. Dyno #'s don't mean s--t at the track, many other factors such as 60 ft, Traction, Weight, Gears, Drivers all make a car faster than another. Maybe thats why you don't understand my point.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:33 AM
///M POWER

Originally posted by jtkz13
Darrin thats alot of shit talking for someone who is no faster than a well driven BONE STOCK 99+ 5 speed, who's only advantage over the J32 is displacement. :o

alot more than displacement, it had rwd, its lighter, and a manual trans
Old 03-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Racer

Originally posted by darrinb
alot more than displacement, it had rwd, its lighter, and a manual trans
Add to this 2 more larger Displacement Cylinders. V8 not V6.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:07 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
But I thought that Ford NA V8's aint shit? If this is true you should be able to take a bone stock GT, even if it is rwd & a manual tranny. Also, the automatics are not much slower than the 5 speeds. I have a friend with a 2000 GT Auto. He has a catback, timing adjuster, K&N filter, & shift kit. He has run 13.85 @ 100mph in 80* heat. Stock they run mid 14's.

And noone has acknowledged the Mach 1 & 99/01 Cobra, which run mid/low 13's stock, and are NA.

By the way, I wont even bring up the article in the 2004 MM&FF magazine that ran a BONE STOCK GT auto (3600lbs w/driver) to 14.0 @ 96.6 mph, a BONE STOCK 5 speed Mach 1 (3660lbs w/driver) to a 13.15 @ 105.4 mph, and a BONE STOCK 04 Cobra convertible (3900 lbs w/driver) to a 12.78 @ 111mph.

And the 4.6L is .575L/cylinder while the J32 is .533L/cyl. Wow that Mustang engine has HUMUNGOUS pistons compared to the J32.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Disproportionate Member

<snip>
By the way, I wont even bring up the article in the 2004 MM&FF magazine that ran a BONE STOCK GT auto (3600lbs w/driver) to 14.0 @ 96.6 mph, a BONE STOCK 5 speed Mach 1 (3660lbs w/driver) to a 13.15 @ 105.4 mph, and a BONE STOCK 04 Cobra convertible (3900 lbs w/driver) to a 12.78 @ 111mph.
If that was Evan Smith driving, then I doubt that car will see many runs like that before breaking
Old 03-15-2004, 12:49 PM
TQ > MPG

While he does powershift, I dont think he has brokenany cars recently that I can remember. I'm not saying that is what every owner of those carswill run, but its what they are capable of.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Racer

But I thought that Ford NA V8's aint shit? If this is true you should be able to take a bone stock GT, even if it is rwd & a manual tranny. Also, the automatics are not much slower than the 5 speeds. I have a friend with a 2000 GT Auto. He has a catback, timing adjuster, K&N filter, & shift kit. He has run 13.85 @ 100mph in 80* heat. Stock they run mid 14's.

And noone has acknowledged the Mach 1 & 99/01 Cobra, which run mid/low 13's stock, and are NA.

And the 4.6L is .575L/cylinder while the J32 is .533L/cyl. Wow that Mustang engine has HUMUNGOUS pistons compared to the J32.

Lets get this straight, the CLS is 89mm x 86mm Bore and Stroke. The 4.6 is 91mm x 91 mm Bore and Stroke. Thats 8mm's in diffrence. You forgot about the stroke. Do yourself and your other Mustang buddies a favor. Call a good race engine building shop and ask them if you Increase Bore and Stroke 8mm, is that BIG ? It's HUGE ! Not Humungous. Oh yeah forgot about the 2 extra pistons ????

None of those times are the Norm's. Sure Ford gave them the 1 off Car Too. Bone stock z06's get times in the 11's without drivers like your MM&FF. For compairson sake the z06 Vette would have been in the 10's IMO.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:11 PM
whrindnyoubegn

Wow, this is great. A debate about a mustang, a Z06, and imports...seeing as how I have had all three (currently the CL-S), I can definitively declare that comparing each of them is completely pointless. Each car is made for something completely different. First off, the Mustang is not a sports car, it's a muscle car. It goes pretty fast in a straight line, but suffers at the track. The Z06, on the other hand, is a true sports car, and is good at everything, and for the money, is unbeatable as a track, strip, everything car. It can even hold lots of luggage. The CL is a "sporty" sedan that has decent pickup, but otherwise is a combination of luxury and Japanese reliability. It can't even touch the other two torquey cars. It's apples and oranges.
Damn. I really need to get rid of this and get another Z06...
Old 03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Strut
The Z06, on the other hand, is a true sports car, and is good at everything, and for the money, is unbeatable as a track, strip, everything car. It can even hold lots of luggage. Damn. I really need to get rid of this and get another Z06...
EASILY, my fav domestic since the ZR1!!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

OK I respect what you are saying. I did not say that there lots of Civics out there that are Mustang beaters.
My point is you cannot look at HP and Torque ratings to say which car is faster. Power to Weight is what makes a car fast and thats never going to change.
In reguards to the $5000 in mods. I don't think you know that you can build a Mustang beating 4 cylinder Civic for less than $5000. But you and the others are still talking HP only. Did you undrestand the sportbike example of 140HP VS 500 + HP.
Which do you think is faster ? You guys keep saying "faster" but are quoting HP and Torque.
Is the S/C Mustang not a modded application from the factory ?
Think I dont know what I'm talking about, take a trip down to the track on Fri and Sat night. Dyno #'s don't mean s--t at the track, many other factors such as 60 ft, Traction, Weight, Gears, Drivers all make a car faster than another. Maybe thats why you don't understand my point.
I dunno what happend, sometimes I think my threads are invisible.

'87-'93 Mustang Dominator Twin Turbo System (Fox)

Same Cartech quality and power, TWICE the fun! This system is capable of 1000 HP with the standard TE-44 turbos, 1500 HP with the TE-64E turbos and 1900 HP with T-76 turbos!

The Twin Outlaw System includes:

Two - TE-44 Turbos standard with the option to upgrade
Two - 1 3/4" ID, 14 Gauge Mandrel Bent, true 4-1 Turbo Headers (stainless or mild steel)
Two - 3" Downpipes (optional ceramic coating)
Two - 1 1/4" Valve Wastegate
Massive 6" Bar-Plate Intercooler
2 1/2" Black Powder Coated Intercooler Tubes (other colors available at no charge)

Pricing

Description Part # Retail Price
'87-'93 Mustang Dominator Twin Turbo System CAR-89000 $5,450.00
That system is extreme, there is another one for $4000 on there which is 400-700hp.

http://www.cartech.net/fordturbofox.htm

What I was saying in my other thread was basically the V8 will outshine the 4banger... no replacement for displacement. Espeically given equal mods.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Racer

I dunno what happend, sometimes I think my threads are invisible.

That system is extreme, there is another one for $4000 on there which is 400-700hp.

http://www.cartech.net/fordturbofox.htm

What I was saying in my other thread was basically the V8 will outshine the 4banger... no replacement for displacement. Espeically given equal mods.
You would go this far, adding 1900HP in turbo's just to take a Civic ?
You still might lose in the quater mile because unless you get the other $15,000 + in upgrade mods, trans, enternal engine, drive train etc, etc, you'll throw a rod or something will let go in the first 100 yards.
Here check this out--------URL]http://www.2slik4u.com/race5.wmv[/URL]
Old 03-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Racer

www.2slik4u.com/race5.wmv

3.5 V6 modded VS V8 modded
Old 03-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

You would go this far, adding 1900HP in turbo's just to take a Civic ?
You still might lose in the quater mile because unless you get the other $15,000 + in upgrade mods, trans, enternal engine, drive train etc, etc, you'll throw a rod or something will let go in the first 100 yards.
I now realize you cannot read...

I said "this is a bit extreme there is a 400-700hp" kit too.

Man... someone smack this guy with the clue hammer.

The 400-700whp is all on the stock short block. If you had taken the 2- minutes to go read the URL I posted you would have EDUCATED yourself with this information.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

do I need to find videos of V8 whopping on a forced induction 4 or 6?

And that would prove I can surf the net better than you... LOL

common man... your just shit talking /w no comprehension of what your talking about.

I'm done...
Old 03-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Whoever's doing these night race videos needs to invest in a Sony Handycam which has night vision. By the time this video ended, I was dizzy.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Instructor

theres too much stupid FACTS on here..

Just wanted to say, 5k in a 03 cobra is a NEW KENNE BELL making close to 700rwhp.

To get a new cobra to make 500rwhp is ALOT cheaper than that. Intake=150
exhaust (no headers, just mid pipe and catback)=700 (mac)
2.8 pulley=75 bucks AT MOST
New belt= 20bucks
Chip=300bucks
Apten PORTED stock EATON SUPERCHARGER=500

so for under 1800 bucks you can have OVER 500rwhp. Most guys are making 505-515rwhp. Torque is right under 500 or 500rwtq.

This car will go low low low 11s and trap 125 in the 1/4. ON DRAG radials NOT SLICKS..
this is a 10 sec car on slicks.

IM NOT BSING anyone. GO on www.svtperformance.com
or better yet just go to the track and see.

Show me a civic do that?
OWNED.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

theres too much stupid FACTS on here..

Show me a civic do that?
OWNED.
I think I pretty covered that with the $4k aftermarket turbo setups.

A turbo'd civic would have a hard time keeping up with a modified 03 Cobra (450whp) Especially out of the hole.

There's a handful of them out here. Definetly quick, but even with slicks they don't get off the line real well.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Senior Moderator

I'm not too certain why "we'd" compare a modded Civic with a modded SVT Cobra. Only committed ricers would argue that a totally modded Civics could beat modded Cobras. And only mullettheads would point out the Civic when referring to import targets.

Shouldnt the Civic compare better with the Focus?? They are corporate competitors.

Now comparing a modded SVT Cobra (4.6L V8)with modded MKIV (3.0L I6) or R33/R34 GTR (2.6L I6) makes much more sense. sssssssssssssssssssss-pfffffffffffft-------->Peace!!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by F23A4
I'm not too certain why "we'd" compare a modded Civic with a modded SVT Cobra. Only committed ricers would argue that a totally modded Civics could beat modded Cobras. And only mullettheads would point out the Civic when referring to import targets.

Shouldnt the Civic compare better with the Focus?? They are corporate competitors.

Now comparing a modded SVT Cobra (4.6L V8)with modded MKIV (3.0L I6) or R33/R34 GTR (2.6L I6) makes much more sense. sssssssssssssssssssss-pfffffffffffft-------->Peace!!

It was only one person who was comparing.... everyone else was trying to explain that to him.

Maybe you should read all the thread.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Senior Moderator

It was only one person who was comparing.... everyone else was trying to explain that to him.

Maybe you should read all the thread.
ditto....... X 100
Old 03-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Racer

Originally posted by F23A4
ditto....... X 100
If you did read you would have seen that I said over and over that V8 to V6 was not fair. I Kept saying compair CLS V6 to Ford Cougar V6. Your name calling show's how childish you are. You said Video made you "Dizzy". Yes you are very "Dizzy". Read the thread. No wonder You are " Not ToCertain". Someone compared the CLS V6 to the Mustang V8.
For a last shot-- Pacific Performace has a street Legal 4 cyl 200SX and Civic that run 9sec 1/4 times all day long. "9sec's" From where I am you build what you got and then bring it to the track or street and get in the other lane. 9 sec 1/4 is 9 sec, it beats 1700 HP, 530 + HP, or 11sec run's. 1 or 2 sec in a quater is major. We are not talking funny car's but street cars. That's Racing where I grew up.

I'm not reading this Thread anymore. You guys take your Mustang comments to the Vette forum and see where you get. I'm out and Peace Out.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

If you did read you would have seen that I said over and over that V8 to V6 was not fair. I Kept saying compair CLS V6 to Ford Cougar V6. Your name calling show's how childish you are. You said Video made you "Dizzy". Yes you are very "Dizzy". Read the thread. No wonder You are " Not ToCertain". Someone compared the CLS V6 to the Mustang V8.
For a last shot-- Pacific Performace has a street Legal 4 cyl 200SX and Civic that run 9sec 1/4 times all day long. "9sec's" From where I am you build what you got and then bring it to the track or street and get in the other lane. 9 sec 1/4 is 9 sec, it beats 1700 HP, 530 + HP, or 11sec run's. 1 or 2 sec in a quater is major. We are not talking funny car's but street cars. That's Racing where I grew up.

I'm not reading this Thread anymore. You guys take your Mustang comments to the Vette forum and see where you get. I'm out and Peace Out.

1700hp in a mustang is in the high 7's man.

LOL, wha you smoking?

Nissan owners need not be left out. Pacific Performance Built the world's First 9 second FWD Nissan. This Drag car based on Nissan's 200sx was recently converted to full tube frame with a Quaife six speed sequential transmission. It is now campaigning for Haddeed Motors in Antigua.

Having close to 700HP at the wheels the little 1.8 liter engine had to be modified to handle extreme loads. The Transmission and axles, originally designed for a mere 135HP had to survive a hard hitting 7000 RPM impact from the engine to turn 28"x10" Drag Racing Tire that has outstanding traction on the race track. This hard, frequent start has a very destructive outcome. Pacific Performance has overcome that obstacle to be left with only the gears in the transmission. After replacing over a dozen transmissions we have pinpointed all weak links in the Honda drivetrain.
That doesn't fall into the street legal category.

Their civic isn't out quite yet.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:10 PM
TQ > MPG

A Civic in the 9's is basically a 4 leaf clover, very rare in existance. 9 second and lower Mustangs/Camaros/V8's are almost dime a dozen with the amount of power people have made on stock blocks.

Quick Reply: Stock FORD GT makes 565rwhp!!! big time underatted.