staggered 18x8 19x9.5 accord coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spdy0001
Why are stock wheels a "fail"? I simply choose not to purchase an overpriced deprecating accessory for a highly depreciating car
I prefer a stock classy look, I guess im getting old
your also too old to be using words like "FAIL." you can only use those words if u support mad tyte jdm camber.

lol jk.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I now drive an accord....

Originally Posted by slowaccord
your also too old to be using words like "FAIL." you can only use those words if u support mad tyte jdm camber.

lol jk.
WhAt If I tYpE lIkE tHiS?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I like the wheels, but as stated, I think they are too wide for the tires. I think 18 in, 8.0 wheels with 225-235's on them would be perfect.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Very clean looking accord, overall that gen of accord coupes was my favorite.

I'll say what everyone else already said, not feeling the staggered diamaters, but honestly I didn't notice it at first either. I wouldn't bother rolling the rear fenders if your not planning on keeping those wheels forever. Also you need a camber kit big time, it may look mad jdm tyte to be rolling with neg camber, but it's not that great of an idea. More contact patch with just very slight neg camber in the rear FTW!

Great looking ride though, any more plans for it? I think it would look good with some fogs on it.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Instructor

you cannot get this type of camber without a camber kit. I bought an ingalls rear camber kit just to make these wheels fit

The only fogs i would consider would be from the european bumper. i actually removed my piaa fogs
Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I now drive an accord....

you cannot get this type of camber without a camber kit. I bought an ingalls rear camber kit just to make these wheels fit

The only fogs i would consider would be from the european bumper. i actually removed my piaa fogs
This thread just keeps getting worse
Old 04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by spdy0001
This thread just keeps getting worse
well its not obvious to some people that you can't get this type of camber naturally.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
my problem with this setup is the rubberband tires on the rear, it just looks very wrong, width and aspect ratio. The diameter, doesn't bother me as much although as stated a million times, is incorrect for the car.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks pretty good to me man. I dunno if would have bothered going that wide in the back, but it looks cool.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:26 PM
slobalt defender

Received 348 Likes on 185 Posts
love it, seriously. Good work.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Looks pretty stupid...if that was your plan, then good job!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shoofin
Looks pretty stupid...if that was your plan, then good job!
it looks pretty hard in real life. I get nothing but compliments. so i dont care if ya dont like it.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
purpose of stretching tire = to run a wider wheel / get setup close to fenders
purpose of camber = handling aspects & the ability to fit a wider wheel in the fenders

running a wider wheel, win.
handling aspects @ -4 on a FWD, nonexistent, fail.
get setup close to fenders, fail.
trying to look like a vdub, fail.
last i checked, staggered means staggered widths, not diameters.

not to mention, more contact patch in the rear = more friction = car works harder to move = increased likeliness to blow up that v6 tranny.

fail:3, win:1

conclusion, fail.

bro, roll your fenders, bring the offset back to ~-2.5, and maybe it will look decent.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Disinformation Terminator

Originally Posted by e r y k
not to mention, more contact patch in the rear = more friction = car works harder to move = increased likeliness to blow up that v6 tranny.
Fail.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by e r y k
purpose of stretching tire = to run a wider wheel / get setup close to fenders
purpose of camber = handling aspects & the ability to fit a wider wheel in the fenders

running a wider wheel, win.
handling aspects @ -4 on a FWD, nonexistent, fail.
get setup close to fenders, fail.
trying to look like a vdub, fail.
last i checked, staggered means staggered widths, not diameters.

fail:3, win:1

conclusion, fail.

bro, roll your fenders, bring the offset back to ~-2.5, and maybe it will look decent.
you said so many dumb things i dont even know how to respond. but ill try.

First of all there is ZERO gap in the front. In the back there might be a finger and a half. I ordered a fender roller so thats gonna be taken care of.

Second, who the fuck runs -4 camber for performance? obviously your too stupid to realize i just needed to make these rims fit. nothing more. nothing less. so take that handling arguement and shove it up your ass.

Trying to look like a vdub? ok thats your opinion. you can have that.

Last time you checked, you didnt know what the fuck you were talking about. MANY cars run staggered widths and STAGGERED DIAMETERS. corvettes being the best examples. Also nsx's. corvettes run 18" up front and 19" in the rear. and thats from the factory. im not saying my car is any of those. Just pointing out the obvious.

In all honestly there is not 9.5 inches of contact patch in the back. The wheels are pretty cambered and the tires are pretty stretched. Half the people in this thread are pointing that out like im blind and didn't see it. WELL THATS HOW YOU MAKE STUFF FIT. no point in stating the obvious. should i go out and run 305 width in the back to make you guys happy? lol

conclusion: your a retard

so BRO you want me to set the CAMBER back to -2.5?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:00 PM
wut.

conclusion: your a retard
Old 04-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
let me school you here.

1. stag diameter, like you said the vette came in stag diameter in STOCK form.... your accord didn't. your accord also isn't an NSX. it looks stupid if its on the WRONG car, so leave it to the right cars.

2. tires, the tire profiles look way off, throws off the look as well. stretch tires in rear only, the point of stretching tires are to fit the wheels aggressively. you have nothing close to having a poke; no need for stretching. and yeah roll those fenders. people who run stretch tires have them poking, they're slammed, and its a more than flush fitment.

3. 19's on an accord do not work. we all love huge rims, but if they don't look right on your car, too bad. with that, if you want large wheels to look "baller" get baller wheels, not privat $400 used wheels.

4. color, it just doesn't match.. cmon now.

you live and you learn, half of the people on this thread will agree with me, C&C should always help you so that you can learn something. not bitch back.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
let me school you here.

1. stag diameter, like you said the vette came in stag diameter in STOCK form.... your accord didn't. your accord also isn't an NSX. it looks stupid if its on the WRONG car, so leave it to the right cars.

2. tires, the tire profiles look way off, throws off the look as well. stretch tires in rear only, the point of stretching tires are to fit the wheels aggressively. you have nothing close to having a poke; no need for stretching. and yeah roll those fenders. people who run stretch tires have them poking, they're slammed, and its a more than flush fitment.

3. 19's on an accord do not work. we all love huge rims, but if they don't look right on your car, too bad. with that, if you want large wheels to look "baller" get baller wheels, not privat $400 used wheels.

4. color, it just doesn't match.. cmon now.

you live and you learn, half of the people on this thread will agree with me, C&C should always help you so that you can learn something. not bitch back.

and your acura cl came with staggered 19's from the factory? i dont know why your acting like such a prick. I thought your cl looked stupid with those volks (the ones that were in the 20 somethin offset) but that was only my opinion.

These wheels did fit aggressively without the camber. they were sticking out. since when was having 9.5" inch wide wheels on an accord commonplace? common now get off your high horse.

And when did i say i got 19's to look baller? i got them cause they were good looking to me. regardless of price. yea privat's are no HRE's but i never claimed them to be the shit either.

I've had everything from $900 per rim wheels to $70 dollar a rim wheels. and im willing to bet i've had more sets of wheels than anyone on this site.

I could use the same arguement that you use for my rims for that sorryass homemade wilwood bbk your rocking also. if your such a baller why didnt u step your game up and get some brembos or some high end shit? instead u got the cheapest big brake kit around? lol

I've noticed you have had an attitude ever since people started complimenting your car and you won ROTM. In the majority of your posts you have a passive aggressive attitude. yea your car looks nice but your attitude sucks.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Last time you checked, you didnt know what the fuck you were talking about. MANY cars run staggered widths and STAGGERED DIAMETERS. corvettes being the best examples. Also nsx's. corvettes run 18" up front and 19" in the rear. and thats from the factory. im not saying my car is any of those. Just pointing out the obvious that i'm a retard because I'm comparing RWD sports cars that have staggered widths and heights to my front wheel drive Accord, because, you know, the manufacturers didn't do it for performance reasons, they did it because it looks cool, and I'm just as cool, so I can do that.

Fixed.

....and my - If you are doing it for function, you should put a bigger, wider tire/wheel in the front, because no matter what, you're still driving a FRONT WHEEL DRIVEN HONDA. Pontiac did it right when they set up the last gen Grand Prix GTP, front tires were lower/wider that the rears because it was FRONT WHEEL DRIVE....But then again, I'm not quite sure you can figure out why they put the wider tire on the driven wheel, can you?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Instructor

i was just pointing out because alot of people thing staggered is width only when in fact it can be diameter also.^^^im aware of the pontiac example.

I thought my honda was RWD. thats why i wanted a big wide rim in the back? does that make you happy?

Or how about i rotate that 19" to the front and put a big meaty tire on it? lol that was a lame edit u made. i respect u as a moderator but come on now.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator

My comment has nothing to do with my mod status. You asked for what we thought, I am telling you what I think. Your idea is just plain stupid, that's all.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shoofin
My comment has nothing to do with my mod status. You asked for what we thought, I am telling you what I think. Your idea is just plain stupid, that's all.
ill respect that.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and your acura cl came with staggered 19's from the factory? i dont know why your acting like such a prick. I thought your cl looked stupid with those volks (the ones that were in the 20 somethin offset) but that was only my opinion.

These wheels did fit aggressively without the camber. they were sticking out. since when was having 9.5" inch wide wheels on an accord commonplace? common now get off your high horse.

And when did i say i got 19's to look baller? i got them cause they were good looking to me. regardless of price. yea privat's are no HRE's but i never claimed them to be the shit either.

I've had everything from $900 per rim wheels to $70 dollar a rim wheels. and im willing to bet i've had more sets of wheels than anyone on this site.

I could use the same arguement that you use for my rims for that sorryass homemade wilwood bbk your rocking also. if your such a baller why didnt u step your game up and get some brembos or some high end shit? instead u got the cheapest big brake kit around? lol

I've noticed you have had an attitude ever since people started complimenting your car and you won ROTM. In the majority of your posts you have a passive aggressive attitude. yea your car looks nice but your attitude sucks.
i never said anything about staggered widths. i do it as well. its for looks obviously. my gt-v were stupid? that's 1 out of 1000 comments i received. so i guess you're the only one which is fine when i see your accord i see that your taste isn't up to par with 98% of car enthusiasts. funny thing is i never had to answer and defend myself in any of my own threads like you have on this one and its only 2 pages long filled with negative opinions. so i guess i'm doing something right compared to you.

i would personally never ever rock $70 rims regardless, they're poor quality and one of the most important parts on a car. why put $70 cheap rims which are poor in quality when u have better stock wheels. its no upgrade when compare to stock wheels. why bother.

"home made" wilwoods? if u know anything about brake set ups they are that its only the caliper and rotor that matters.... all rotora/brembo etc all have a few calipers which they use for many car applications. the only difference in each application is the bracket. do your research.

and your comment about having the most rims here... honestly u can have 100 sets, and if the're all shit, I can care less. i rather have 1 quality set versus 100 shit sets. its not about quantity, its about quality.

my attitude is the same. i just tell it as it is. i gave you a break down on what I think that is getting negative opinions regarding your car. its constructive criticism. i'm not going to say "it looks awesome" when it doesn't. no point of encouraging something i don't believe in. so you can either try to take it into consideration or not. it is what it is. but when you put a target on me when I gave u 100% raw criticism then yeah i will have an attitude. i do not stand down when i did what u asked and you give me shit.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM
wut.

Originally Posted by lippstuh
i never said anything about staggered widths. I do it as well. Its for looks obviously. My gt-v were stupid? That's 1 out of 1000 comments i received. So i guess you're the only one which is fine when i see your accord i see that your taste isn't up to par with 98% of car enthusiasts. Funny thing is i never had to answer and defend myself in any of my own threads like you have on this one and its only 2 pages long filled with negative opinions. So i guess i'm doing something right compared to you.

I would personally never ever rock $70 rims regardless, they're poor quality and one of the most important parts on a car. Why put $70 cheap rims which are poor in quality when u have better stock wheels. Its no upgrade when compare to stock wheels. Why bother.

"home made" wilwoods? If u know anything about brake set ups they are that its only the caliper and rotor that matters.... All rotora/brembo etc all have a few calipers which they use for many car applications. The only difference in each application is the bracket. Do your research.

And your comment about having the most rims here... Honestly u can have 100 sets, and if the're all shit, i can care less. I rather have 1 quality set versus 100 shit sets. Its not about quantity, its about quality.

My attitude is the same. I just tell it as it is. I gave you a break down on what i think that is getting negative opinions regarding your car. Its constructive criticism. I'm not going to say "it looks awesome" when it doesn't. No point of encouraging something i don't believe in. So you can either try to take it into consideration or not. It is what it is. But when you put a target on me when i gave u 100% raw criticism then yeah i will have an attitude. I do not stand down when i did what u asked and you give me shit.
+1
Old 04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Instructor

what really bothered me was how u seemed to have your nose in the air when u said these are 400 dollar rims. so what if their cheap? and no they werent 400 and they werent used. almost every single set ive had is new. i dont buy bye used high end rims off craigslist and act like im the shit and look down on other people that might do that. rims are rims. its not like their gonna fall apart. different wheels serve different purposes. Just comparing the high end ive had PLENTY of those. Alot of em i never even posted pics of.

But to each their own.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Instructor

I get nothing but compliments. so i dont care if ya dont like it.
lmao.

looking at your responses, i actually think you do care if we dont like it. luls.

anyways, im not even going to bother replying to your response to my post. its not even worth my time.

and for the record, just to clarify, i was talking about this gap

Last edited by e r y k; 04-05-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Last edited by e r y k; 04-05-2009 at 09:19 PM.