so i'm looking for a new used car

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 06:18 PM
about::blank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i'm looking for a new used car

Do you think that $21K is a bad price for 6MT CL-S w/ navi and 20K miles?

My '03 5AT was totaled a little while ago and I have searched for another coupe that I enjoy, but the alternative G35c option has disappointed me a bit. I think that its cheap feeling interior doesn't justify its 40K price tag, even though it has one of the sexiest exterior designs I have seen in a while. I like the TL a lot, but I wanted something a bit more sporty. The 350Z, IMHO, was a lot better driving than the G35 coupe and a lot more fun. I got to test drive a legacy gt and have to say that I was honestly very impressed, it's quite a bit of car for the money.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
The price sounds ok because of the low miles and navi...

Is it an Acura Certified vehicle ?? That would make it an even better deal. Is that the "asking" price ?? You should be able to talk it down at least $1K.

I've got 37K miles on my non-nav 6spd, and I'm guessing it's only worth about $18-19K (private sale), so 20-21K sounds about right for a 20K mile 6MT CL-S w/ navi.

If it's in a color you want, it probably worth more (at least to me) then other comparable CL 6spds. I don't mind paying a little extra for something if it's exactly what I'm looking for (I would love to find an late 1995 Iris Blue Porsche 993 with tan interior without the handle bar 3rd brakelite )

I saw that you deleted a post in the 2G CL forum. I was going to "undelete" it, but decided against it since you mentioned the "other" cars

Feel free to ask for an opinion on the price for the CL in the CL forum... You'll probably get a better response there. Just don't mention the "other" cars, as the thread will turn into a G35 vs. CL thread (which would belong here).
Old 08-13-2005, 07:54 PM

It is not Acura Certified, I am not sure what that means, The carfax is clean and has the buy-back guaranty. Would I be able to purchase some type of extended warranty through Acura for it? The previous owner traded it in for a corvette and it is really nice condition. It is black on black, my 5AT was SMR, but I like the darker exterior.
I deleted the post because in the pat I always seem to post in the wrong places lol.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TallyCL-S
It is not Acura Certified, I am not sure what that means, The carfax is clean and has the buy-back guaranty. Would I be able to purchase some type of extended warranty through Acura for it? The previous owner traded it in for a corvette and it is really nice condition. It is black on black, my 5AT was SMR, but I like the darker exterior.
I deleted the post because in the pat I always seem to post in the wrong places lol.
Lol... yeah, you're still new here, but you're getting the hang of it quicker then most

Acura certified info here:

http://www.acura.com/preowned/preowned_index.asp

Sounds like it's at a Chevy dealer since the PO (prior owner) traded it in for a vette, so it's probably not acura certified... Not a big deal, but having a certified used acura is a bonus.

You can always buy an extended warranty thru acura (and you can shop around thru dealer thoughout the USA for it). The more mileage on the car the more expensive it'll be tho', so it's usually wise to buy it ASAP if you're considering keeping the car for a long time.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Lol... yeah, you're still new here, but you're getting the hang of it quicker then most

Acura certified info here:

http://www.acura.com/preowned/preowned_index.asp

Sounds like it's at a Chevy dealer since the PO (prior owner) traded it in for a vette, so it's probably not acura certified... Not a big deal, but having a certified used acura is a bonus.

You can always buy an extended warranty thru acura (and you can shop around thru dealer thoughout the USA for it). The more mileage on the car the more expensive it'll be tho', so it's usually wise to buy it ASAP if you're considering keeping the car for a long time.
Good info to know. How much do the extended warranties cost? This car shopping crap is fun, but really stressful.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:19 PM

I saw hairybonch's Exel Ennio rims and I am dreaming about putting them on a black cls.