So I have a new G37X 7-speed Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My father had one as a rental car, and my God was that thing a pleasure o drive.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
^^ I forgot Infiniti's are rentals too, Lexus and Acura you don't get those for Rentals.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
^^ I forgot Infiniti's are rentals too, Lexus and Acura you don't get those for Rentals.
http://www.midwaycarrental.com/Pages...FYdd5QodtVZAhQ Failing to see your logic.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by iTimmy
And that is a high end Rental place which just buys the cars. Not like rental fleets (Hertz, Enterprise) and so on. So that doesn't count.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What do they offer that Acura does not? Last I checked Acura offered the same stuff and more (RL mostly has it) for a cheaper cost.
First off Infiniti offers a 7 speed auto, acura just got a 6 speed , and had MANY problems when they went from 4 to 5 speed.
Infiniti offers a v8 where well u know...
Infiniti offers tecnology like Lane departure warning systems and lane departure prevention where if u wander outta lane it beeps and if u keep going it will brake certain wheels and vibrate the steering wheel.
Infiniti offers round view moniters 4 cameras so you can see 360 degrees around the car when parking or driving slow in lots.
Infiniti offers plasma cluster ion that takes pollutants out of the air.
The new M will also have blind view monitors and prvention so if u go to switch lanes and a cars there it will brake certain wheels and vibrate the steering wheel so u dont change lanes into a car..
Infiniti also has had keyless entree and remote start for years where acura is fianally putting it in some cars w/tech package where infiniti has it standard in all cars for years.. I can keep going.. Please correct me if acura now offers any of this stuff.. I know acura has the advanced cruise so i did not mention that and swivel lights and im not sure if any acura have auto leveling headlamps... But u get my drift!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StonedCL
First off Infiniti offers a 7 speed auto, acura just got a 6 speed , and had MANY problems when they went from 4 to 5 speed.
Infiniti offers tecnology like Lane departure warning systems and lane departure prevention where if u wander outta lane it beeps and if u keep going it will brake certain wheels and vibrate the steering wheel.
Infiniti offers round view moniters 4 cameras so you can see 360 degrees around the car when parking or driving slow in lots.
The new M will also have blind view monitors and prvention so if u go to switch lanes and a cars there it will brake certain wheels and vibrate the steering wheel so u dont change lanes into a car..
Infiniti also has had keyless entree and remote start for years where acura is fianally putting it in some cars w/tech package where infiniti has it standard in all cars for years.. I can keep going.. Please correct me if acura now offers any of this stuff.. I know acura has the advanced cruise so i did not mention that and swivel lights and im not sure if any acura have auto leveling headlamps... But u get my drift!
well pimpin-tl doesn't want any of those options, so they don't count
Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Getting it Done

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
This is so messed up. Who the hell buys an Acura and just talks shit about it. Infinity is nice sure, buy one then don't get a TSX and keep talking crap about it lmfao that makes no sense.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Safety Car

1) And we all know the more gears you have the better the car is. NOT. Just a marketing deal. Infiniti is having issues with the 7 speeds as we speak with failures. They also had a ton of issues with the manual 6mts.

2) Okay, Infiniti offers a gas guzzling V8, when Acura offers a V6 that produces almost the same power. But for the V8 hungry folks, that is good. BTW they are also know for oil consumption.

3) Lane departure, I believe the RL has had that since 05.

4) The cameras are neat. But it's new. Lexus just started offering it as well.

5) Read about the new TL climate system. It blows away Infiniti's in the ION department.

6) Acura has had keyless start since 05 in the RL. That is before Infiniti.

7) Acura has a more advanced Navi system with Weather and Traffic.

8) Acura was first for most of these Tech items before Infiniti then others copied

9) Acura has a better AWD system than Infiniti does now others are trying to copy.

10) Acura has a better service department vs Infiniti. (Can be dealer dependent as well, but so far this is my experience).

11) Acura's cost less with the same features STANDARD vs having to pay more for the features to be added on with the Infiniti's.

All I can think of right now.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) and we all know the more gears you have the better the car is. Not. Just a marketing deal. Infiniti is having issues with the 7 speeds as we speak with failures. They also had a ton of issues with the manual 6mts.

2) okay, infiniti offers a gas guzzling v8, when acura offers a v6 that produces almost the same power. But for the v8 hungry folks, that is good. Btw they are also know for oil consumption.

3) lane departure, i believe the rl has had that since 05.

4) the cameras are neat. But it's new. Lexus just started offering it as well.

5) read about the new tl climate system. It blows away infiniti's in the ion department.

6) acura has had keyless start since 05 in the rl. That is before infiniti.

7) acura has a more advanced navi system with weather and traffic.

8) acura was first for most of these tech items before infiniti then others copied

9) acura has a better awd system than infiniti does now others are trying to copy.

10) acura has a better service department vs infiniti. (can be dealer dependent as well, but so far this is my experience).

11) acura's cost less with the same features standard vs having to pay more for the features to be added on with the infiniti's.

All i can think of right now.
flamebate!

Last edited by turkeybaster115; 01-05-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: deletion
Old 01-05-2010, 02:27 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
1) And we all know the more gears you have the better the car is. NOT. Just a marketing deal. Infiniti is having issues with the 7 speeds as we speak with failures. They also had a ton of issues with the manual 6mts.<----Infiniti had no where near the tranny failures ACURA had and has do your research.
2) Okay, Infiniti offers a gas guzzling V8, when Acura offers a V6 that produces almost the same power. But for the V8 hungry folks, that is good. BTW they are also know for oil consumption. <----so why is EVERYONE Complaining about acura not offering it?
3) Lane departure, I believe the RL has had that since 05. <------Never

5) Read about the new TL climate system. It blows away Infiniti's in the ION department.<------No they don't read in the 4th gen does not have this.
6) Acura has had keyless start since 05 in the RL. That is before Infiniti.<--every infiniti now has it where only a few acuras have it.. we are talking about the present and the future not the past..7) Acura has a more advanced Navi system with Weather and Traffic.<-- infiniti has nav weather nav traffic DVD 5.1 and blutooth audio and video streaming Cunsomer reports rated infiniti nav #1 out of 30 diff brands. AND IT IS ALSO TOUCH SCREEN OR YOU CAN USE THE ANNOYING KNOB LIKE ON ALL ACURA,S...WHY ACURA GOT AWAY FROM TOUCH SCREEN IS BEYOND ME!
8) Acura was first for most of these Tech items before Infiniti then others copie<-- if acura if they where the first then why are they way behind.9) Acura has a better AWD system than Infiniti does now others are trying to copy.<-- opinion infiniti awd system is 100 RWD which is the best for handling and can distribute up to 50% to front

10) Acura has a better service department vs Infiniti. (Can be dealer dependent as well, but so far this is my experience).<-- opinion from dealer to dealer11) Acura's cost less with the same features STANDARD vs having to pay more for the features to be added on with the Infiniti's.< u get a awd TL and a AWD G is LESS with same or even more options..
All I can think of right now

Last edited by StonedCL; 01-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:27 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by bigman
My father had one as a rental car, and my God was that thing a pleasure o drive.
I think he's talking about a Hertz Vette, not an infinti....

Anyway, here are the results of The February 2010 C&D "Lightning Lap" at Virginia International Raceway.

Here are the results.

Corvette ZR1 - 2:51.8
KTM X bow - 2:52.3
Murcielago LP67-4.5V 2:53.9
Ariel Atom 3 - 2:57.6
Corvette Grand Sport - 2:58.8
Audi R8 5.2 - 3:05.0
Lotus Exige S260 Sport - 3:05.0
M3 - 3:05.4
Cayman S - 3:05.8
911 Carrera S - 3:05.8
Jag XKR - 3:06.4
GT 500 - 3:07.4
Audi TTS - 3:08.4
Camaro SS - 3:09.5
Audi S4 - 3:10.8
Nissan Nismo 370Z - 3:12.0
Mustang GT - 3:13.3
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 3:14.8
Mazdaspeed 3 - 3:16.2
WRX - 3:16.6
Mini Cooper JC Works - 3:17.1
VW GTI - 3:19.3

BTW, the Nissan GTR had a best of 2:56 in the past.....

Edit: There is A LOT going on in this thread....this one looks to be going the distance...lol
Old 01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by F23A4
There's probably not much profit for Nissan in selling a VK50VE powered G-sedan for <$40k....other than to spite the discontinued product of a defunct brand. (If anything, a sedan of this nature would probably incorporate Nismo suspension goodies -- a la Nismo Z -- and compete against the IS-F and M3, costing $55k+. )
Is it that there was no profit potential to such a product, or that they just couldn't man up? There definitely is a market for sub 40K supersport sedans. This past decade, subaru, and mitsubishi ran away with the cateogry! Pontiac is dead, not because of the GTO, or G8, mind you, and the brand isn't technically discontinued since, GM australia, is still cranking them out. You could technically still import them as Holdens.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
B A N N E D

NOt bashing acura .. Acura was up there but they seem to be progessing ALOT slower then the other japanise spin offs
Old 01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Pro

1) And we all know the more gears you have the better the car is. NOT. Just a marketing deal. Infiniti is having issues with the 7 speeds as we speak with failures. They also had a ton of issues with the manual 6mts.<----Infiniti had no where near the tranny failures ACURA had and has do your research.
2) Okay, Infiniti offers a gas guzzling V8, when Acura offers a V6 that produces almost the same power.
You fell for the flamebate sucker!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
pretty much!

Originally Posted by iTimmy
well pimpin-tl doesn't want any of those options, so they don't count

But who would ever wait to buy a 2011 Infiniti M50X when there's the more than capable Acura RL available in Acura showrooms right now.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S
I think he's talking about a Hertz Vette, not an infinti....

Anyway, here are the results of The February 2010 C&D "Lightning Lap" at Virginia International Raceway.

Here are the results...........
Audi TTS - 3:08.4
Camaro SS - 3:09.5
Audi S4 - 3:10.8
Nissan Nismo 370Z - 3:12.0
Mustang GT - 3:13.3
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 3:14.8
Mazdaspeed 3 - 3:16.2
WRX - 3:16.6
Mini Cooper JC Works - 3:17.1
VW GTI - 3:19.3
Is that a miss print?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Safety Car

1) Infiniti / Nissan has had 8 Revisions of their 6mt and still all of them are having SYNCRO problems. Yes they HAVE A HIGH FAILURE RATE. The 7 speed autos are so new, but they are having issues. Give it time.

3) The RL has had some type of radar system before Infiniti ever had it.

4) I did read and we own one. The 4th gen has a unique climate system that does more than Infiniti's.

6) If you mean push button start, then yes, all Infiniti's have it now.

7) Acura has had DVD 5.1 since 2004. They also support BT audio/video streaming since 07 I believe.

8) Anyone who says that Nissan NAVs were rated better just failed. Because Honda/Acura has always built the best NAVI systems to date. Who listens to Consumer reports. Please.

9) Not opinion, FACT. The AWD system in the RL, and now TL and other vehicles from Honda/Acura has always been the best period. Infiniti can not put 100% power to one wheel like Honda/Acura can. The only other system that can do this is now Audi new AWD system which is a copy of Honda's.

10) We just checked and a AWD G37 came out to be 4k more than a AWD TL with the same features.

2) Okay, Infiniti offers a gas guzzling V8, when Acura offers a V6 that produces almost the same power. But for the V8 hungry folks, that is good. BTW they are also know for oil consumption. <----so why is EVERYONE Complaining about acura not offering it?
3) Lane departure, I believe the RL has had that since 05. <------Never

5) Read about the new TL climate system. It blows away Infiniti's in the ION department.<------No they don't read in the 4th gen does not have this.
6) Acura has had keyless start since 05 in the RL. That is before Infiniti.<--every infiniti now has it where only a few acuras have it.. we are talking about the present and the future not the past..7) Acura has a more advanced Navi system with Weather and Traffic.<-- infiniti has nav weather nav traffic DVD 5.1 and blutooth audio and video streaming Cunsomer reports rated infiniti nav #1 out of 30 diff brands. AND IT IS ALSO TOUCH SCREEN OR YOU CAN USE THE ANNOYING KNOB LIKE ON ALL ACURA,S...WHY ACURA GOT AWAY FROM TOUCH SCREEN IS BEYOND ME!
8) Acura was first for most of these Tech items before Infiniti then others copie<-- if acura if they where the first then why are they way behind.9) Acura has a better AWD system than Infiniti does now others are trying to copy.<-- opinion infiniti awd system is 100 RWD which is the best for handling and can distribute up to 50% to front

10) Acura has a better service department vs Infiniti. (Can be dealer dependent as well, but so far this is my experience).<-- opinion from dealer to dealer11) Acura's cost less with the same features STANDARD vs having to pay more for the features to be added on with the Infiniti's.< u get a awd TL and a AWD G is LESS with same or even more options..
All I can think of right now
Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Pro

1) Infiniti / Nissan has had 8 Revisions of their 6mt and still all of them are having SYNCRO problems. Yes they HAVE A HIGH FAILURE RATE. The 7 speed autos are so new, but they are having issues. Give it time.

3) The RL has had some type of radar system before Infiniti ever had it.

4) I did read and we own one. The 4th gen has a unique climate system that does more than Infiniti's.

6) If you mean push button start, then yes, all Infiniti's have it now.

7) Acura has had DVD 5.1 since 2004. They also support BT audio/video streaming since 07 I believe.

8) Anyone who says that Nissan NAVs were rated better just failed. Because Honda/Acura has always built the best NAVI systems to date. Who listens to Consumer reports. Please.

9) Not opinion, FACT. The AWD system in the RL, and now TL and other vehicles from Honda/Acura has always been the best period. Infiniti can not put 100% power to one wheel like Honda/Acura can. The only other system that can do this is now Audi new AWD system which is a copy of Honda's.

10) We just checked and a AWD G37 came out to be 4k more than a AWD TL with the same features.
Dude, stop it, Please!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Safety Car

Just so you know that I should be more biased towards Nissan/Infiniti but I am open minded since I have owned both cars. Here is the past 10 years of cars I have owned.

2000 Maxima
2001 Sentra
2001 Maxima
2001 Acura CL-S
2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
2003 Pathfinder LE
2003 Altima SL (totaled in 2006)
2004 G35 6mt
2004 Titan
2005 G35 6mt
2006 Acura TL
2007 Toyota Camry LE (One replaced another, two both bought back due to tranny issues which RL replaced)
2006 Acura RL
2007 NISMO 350Z
2009 Murano - White
2009 Murano - Maroon
2007 Acura TL-S Current
2009 Acura TL Current
Old 01-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Senior Moderator

"Man Up?" I don't recall that concept in any of my Micro and MacroEconomics classes.

Originally Posted by turkeybaster115
Is it that there was no profit potential to such a product, or that they just couldn't man up? There definitely is a market for sub 40K supersport sedans. This past decade, subaru, and mitsubishi ran away with the cateogry! Pontiac is dead, not because of the GTO, or G8, mind you, and the brand isn't technically discontinued since, GM australia, is still cranking them out. You could technically still import them as Holdens.
Anyhow, let me know which upscale brand has such a vehicle for said market. (Venturing into a cost-benefit analysis -- particularly with respect to the current world economy -- affirming the probable profit failure of said vehicle type would probably be incomprehsible to the obtuse mind.)

And trust me: the moment Infiniti (or Lexus, Acura and BMW) aims to compete with the Pontiac (or Chevy, Ford and Dodge) lineup, is the same moment that the brand would officially jump the shark.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Safety Car

Dude, stop it, Please!
This is a discussion, if you can't hang, get out.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Is that a miss print?
No miss-print.....so all the NONSENSE in this thread of a Nismo 370Z even coming CLOSE to the VETTE at the track, get a clue!! The Grand Sport (which is essentially my Z51 Vette with the LS3 and wider tires beats the Nismo 370Z by 14 SECONDS AT THE TRACK. That folks is an ETERNITY!!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S
No miss-print.....so all the NONSENSE in this thread of a Nismo 370Z even coming CLOSE to the VETTE at the track, get a clue!! The Grand Sport (which is essentially my Z51 Vette with the LS3 and wider tires beats the Nismo 370Z by 14 SECONDS AT THE TRACK. That folks is an ETERNITY!!
Again, all depends on the track and driver. A big track will allow the Vette to spreads it's legs by a lot due to it's power. But if it's a track that uses turns, it won't. Put the same driver in both cars, and you will see how the 370z shines on tracks that aren't designed for HP cars. And the list proves it as all the top cars are high HP cars.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder what 100% power to one wheel looks like when doing a burnout.

Seriously, go back to the TL forum and have a circle jerk there. You're just making yourself look like a fool here.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
I wonder what 100% power to one wheel looks like when doing a burnout.

Seriously, go back to the TL forum and have a circle jerk there. You're just making yourself look like a fool here.
Again you post nothing but worthless info or comments. Correct me if I am wrong then big man. Please post something useful for a change.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This thread has long since run its useful course. Unfortunately, the useless course ran a bit longer.