Scored a New Ride Today - Lousy Cell Phone Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tireguy
Any complaints about the car? I am SERIOUS about getting an 06(assuming the come out in Aug.) In fact I want the same exact combo. that you have. If there are no real changes for 06 from 05 I may try to find a smoking deal on a left over 05 When I picked up a new accord sept. of last year they had a brand new 04 still in the show room!

I was tossed up between the elise and this, and I think the S will just be so much more fun to live with and own, not to mention to purchase! Keep my TSX as a daily driver and have a fun nice weather car.
My biggest issues with the car, may be different than someone else's, but here they are:

No heated seats
Needs MORE storage
Needs integrated or easier to use boot
Auto up/down for both windows (only has driver auto down)
Better speakers + sub
6th gear needs to be a little taller
Needs auto-off headlights

Those are the things I dislike. Otherwise, it is an awesome car.

I hope there are not too many flames forthcoming. I love the car, BTW!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:34 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EmuMessenger
My biggest issues with the car, may be different than someone else's, but here they are:

No heated seats
Needs MORE storage
Needs integrated or easier to use boot
Auto up/down for both windows (only has driver auto down)
Better speakers + sub
6th gear needs to be a little taller
Needs auto-off headlights

Those are the things I dislike. Otherwise, it is an awesome car.

I hope there are not too many flames forthcoming. I love the car, BTW!
Thanks for your honest comments, while some of them are concerns for some, storage, heated seats and auto off head lamps don't bother me in the least. My TSX doesn't even had auto off head lamps, I have no intention of driving the S2k in cold weather and I'd rather take the TSX on a long trip then a cramped S2k. The TSX is the same way with only auto up on the drivers side window- so I am used to that.

I was actually planning on upgrading the stereo, there is no way an OE system can battle the noise created from a roadster at this price point- so its almost to be expected. I've heard about 6th gear being pretty low, and you are running like 4-4.5k RPM's at highway speed's, but its a honda so I guess its ok?? I don't think you damage any thing or even get poor fuel economy because of it, its just the way the F22c is designed.

I am a little confused about what you mean with better integration or easier to use the boot. What is the problem with it?

You have found the infamous "secret compartment" right? no problems refueling? Sorry for so many questions, I have been looking at these cars for a while and am a couple of weeks at the most away from finally pulling the trigger!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Tireguy
Thanks for your honest comments, while some of them are concerns for some, storage, heated seats and auto off head lamps don't bother me in the least. My TSX doesn't even had auto off head lamps, I have no intention of driving the S2k in cold weather and I'd rather take the TSX on a long trip then a cramped S2k. The TSX is the same way with only auto up on the drivers side window- so I am used to that.

I was actually planning on upgrading the stereo, there is no way an OE system can battle the noise created from a roadster at this price point- so its almost to be expected. I've heard about 6th gear being pretty low, and you are running like 4-4.5k RPM's at highway speed's, but its a honda so I guess its ok?? I don't think you damage any thing or even get poor fuel economy because of it, its just the way the F22c is designed.

I am a little confused about what you mean with better integration or easier to use the boot. What is the problem with it?

You have found the infamous "secret compartment" right? no problems refueling? Sorry for so many questions, I have been looking at these cars for a while and am a couple of weeks at the most away from finally pulling the trigger!
As for the heated seats, I also only drive the car in optimal weather, but would like to drive it on days in the low 50's and would need them on that day.

The boot is just a PITA. It is hard to connect the middle snaps and the positioning is even worse. Just a big pain.

I remember a thread a long time ago about the secret compartment, but could not find the thread. Help!

The car has two small map pockets, a cargo net on the passenger's side and a two-chamber console. Also a trunk and two cupholders.

Where is the secret compartment?!?!?!?
Old 07-10-2005, 08:31 PM
S2000 Owner

Originally Posted by EmuMessenger
As for the heated seats, I also only drive the car in optimal weather, but would like to drive it on days in the low 50's and would need them on that day.

The boot is just a PITA. It is hard to connect the middle snaps and the positioning is even worse. Just a big pain.

I remember a thread a long time ago about the secret compartment, but could not find the thread. Help!

The car has two small map pockets, a cargo net on the passenger's side and a two-chamber console. Also a trunk and two cupholders.

Where is the secret compartment?!?!?!?

Open up the compartment between the seats. At the top of it you will see the latch for the "secret compartment" But when you say two-chamber console...I think you already found it.

As for the boot...I have never used it. I think it's too much of a pain in the ass. Heated seats aren't very useful in Florida The auto shutoff would be nice for the lights. I actually love the listening to the engine at high speeds...But that's just me. I replaced the stock system. It sucks.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by O-Town_TypeS
Open up the compartment between the seats. At the top of it you will see the latch for the "secret compartment" But when you say two-chamber console...I think you already found it.

As for the boot...I have never used it. I think it's too much of a pain in the ass. Heated seats aren't very useful in Florida The auto shutoff would be nice for the lights. I actually love the listening to the engine at high speeds...But that's just me. I replaced the stock system. It sucks.

Bummer, guess I already located the secret storage.

I never thought I'd use the boot, but after 150 miles, I felt like I had dirt marks on the ceiling.

Memphis does not really require heated seats, but it is a nice to have.

I would be happy with the OEM stereo if it had a sub.

Thanks for the response.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:02 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats, thats very hawt...

nice color choice
Old 07-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by darrinb
congrats, thats very hawt...

nice color choice