RSX loaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002 | 07:44 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

RSX loaner

I dropped off my car tonite and got a white RSX as a loaner. It's not a Type-S, though . It is pretty cool looking inside. I like the red guages. The best thing is their is no body roll at all. Now i see what everyone is talking about all the time. Man, i gotta springs, sways etc. right away. It feels so cool. A real tight little car. Big trunk as well. The engine is likes to rev up but definately need the HP of the Type-S motor. Did i mention that their is zero body roll? Car feels real solid as well. Nice finish and decent size trunk. I like that about acura...they seem to always have large trunks. Very useful. I think the interior noise is a lot quiter then my 2001 CLS. BTW, this is a 2002 RSX with like 1800 miles on it. I am going to abuse this little thing tommarrow. They gave me a choice of either this or a TL. no competition.

the only bummer is that it is automatic. But the shifter is tiny and real cool lookin. The steering wheel is cool. Real small and fat.
Old 12-30-2002 | 09:30 PM
Drifting

I recently had a RSX automatic loaner also...that thing handles rather well considering. But I did miss my car. The RSX when you floored it would go no where, the sport shift was okay. The seats were rather nice. I liked how well they held me in. The suspension was rather harsh/stiff as compared to my Tein SS on half way damper.
Old 12-30-2002 | 09:41 PM
Intermediate

I test drove an RSX-S 6 speed recently. I was very impressed with the car. The only complaint I had was it completely lacks the top-end kick of my Prelude VTEC. The interior is first rate, the 6 speed is awsome and the handling is great. The engine is quite torquey around town but once the needle swings past 5k it feels like the torque got stuck in a time warp (plus it's a little buzzy up top.)
Old 12-30-2002 | 09:45 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

the rsx is made in japan, no?
Old 12-30-2002 | 09:49 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Originally posted by unsure
the rsx is made in japan, no?
yes
Old 12-30-2002 | 09:50 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Originally posted by peiqinglong
I recently had a RSX automatic loaner also...that thing handles rather well considering. But I did miss my car. The RSX when you floored it would go no where, the sport shift was okay. The seats were rather nice. I liked how well they held me in. The suspension was rather harsh/stiff as compared to my Tein SS on half way damper.

how much are those Tien SS's. After driving that car today i want my car to handle better.
Old 12-30-2002 | 09:58 PM
Intermediate

I think you can get the Tein SS for $900 but you'll save a little on install vs. springs/shocks. You'll be running close to twice the spring rate of the stock setup. Compareable to a Neuspeed race spring which is super stiff. The shock is just set up for ideal dampening of the springs. It's a pretty extreme setup for a daily driven car that rarely sees a race track. In other words, the ride quality will be nowhere near as good as the RSX. Go with sways first and take it from there.
Old 12-30-2002 | 10:39 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Originally posted by Loseit
yes
no no, what i meant is it built in japan or in ohio like the tls and cls ?

we all know that the rsx is a japanese car lol
Old 12-30-2002 | 11:37 PM
Drifting

how much are those Tien SS's. After driving that car today i want my car to handle better.
$850 shipped. pm blxmjx.
Old 12-31-2002 | 06:19 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Originally posted by Dunbar
I think you can get the Tein SS for $900 but you'll save a little on install vs. springs/shocks. You'll be running close to twice the spring rate of the stock setup. Compareable to a Neuspeed race spring which is super stiff. The shock is just set up for ideal dampening of the springs. It's a pretty extreme setup for a daily driven car that rarely sees a race track. In other words, the ride quality will be nowhere near as good as the RSX. Go with sways first and take it from there.
could you explain further. I just got confused. I thought everyone was saying that these Tien SS coilovers are riding better then stock.
Old 12-31-2002 | 09:55 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

drove the car this morning

the SS lets you shift into first gear!

engine is a little buzzy
Old 12-31-2002 | 11:29 AM
Intermediate

could you explain further. I just got confused. I thought everyone was saying that these Tien SS coilovers are riding better then stock.
Riding better as in handles better? Without a doubt. Ride better as in the ride is just as smooth, hell no. When you double spring rates you loose ride quality period. It comes down to personal preference though, a lot of people like a stiff suspension. It won't ride nearly as good as a stock RSX, especially on Chicago roads
Old 12-31-2002 | 02:06 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Dunbar
Riding better as in handles better? Without a doubt. Ride better as in the ride is just as smooth, hell no. When you double spring rates you loose ride quality period. It comes down to personal preference though, a lot of people like a stiff suspension. It won't ride nearly as good as a stock RSX, especially on Chicago roads
The Tein SS is not super bad. It's not as smooth as the Comptech on stock shocks even on the lowest damper, but it's not bouncy like a mofo either. I found the stock RSX's, non S, suspension rather jittery. Going over bumps that I did in my CL, the RSX felt more ready to break loose.
Old 12-31-2002 | 02:54 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

ahh hah.... i guess i want a bit of both. Stiffer suspension (then stock) but i don't wanna lose a lot of ride quality either.

It just gets harder and harder.
Old 12-31-2002 | 08:50 PM
Drifting

ahh hah.... i guess i want a bit of both. Stiffer suspension (then stock) but i don't wanna lose a lot of ride quality either.

It just gets harder and harder.
Well with the Teins, there is adjustment. 16 points of comfort adjustment. It's pretty similar to the Koni adjustables.