Rock from Crumbling Overpass smashes through Camaro T-Top hits driver in the face.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rock from Crumbling Overpass smashes through Camaro T-Top hits driver in the face.

This has been all over the news in Pa. It is just sad. Watch this video.

http://www.wjactv.com/video/16070570/index.html

Now the RailRoad company is playing the blame game while that poor got a concussion and facial lacerations. He could have been killed. I also like how the news jumped on the guy right after he was released from the hospital. He could hardly talk.

There's freaking Wet warped PLYWOOD holding back rocks and dirt!

What are the chances of something like this happening? Jeez.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Cruisin'

Angry

Here is the article link.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/16070084/detail.html

There is another video, but I can't find it. It shows the pieces of busted stone all through his car.

People sue each other for stupid shit all of the time. If this guy doesn't sue someone he is a fool.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Lies.
That was not the driver of the Camaro....it's quite clear in the video that the man claiming to be the driver did not have a Camaro cut.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Back in a TL again.

crazy
Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,513 Likes on 6,374 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Lies.
That was not the driver of the Camaro....it's quite clear in the video that the man claiming to be the driver did not have a Camaro cut.
What's a Camaro cut?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Drifting

a mullet
Old 04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Back in a TL again.

Originally Posted by #1 DOUCHER
What's a Camaro cut?

<table id="entries" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="word"> Camaro Cut: </td> <td> <table class="thumbs" id="thumbs_table_1149858" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="26" width="121"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> <td id="thumbs_string_1149858">
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td class="text" colspan="2"> 1. n Mullet

Noone has a camaro and doesnt have a mullet, and any respectable male with a mullet is required to have at least 1 camaro in his posession.
Open your older brother's yearbook from the 80s, you'll see a hundred "Camaro Cuts."
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Guy should definitely sue - or at least threaten to/file and settle like most people do.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Cruisin'

Angry

Now more people are coming out claiming their vehicles were hit now also. Pretty soon every derelect(Sp?) in the city will be claiming they got hit by something.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by JMench
People sue each other for stupid shit all of the time. If this guy doesn't sue someone he is a fool.
And your attitude is what's wrong with America...

First thing I thought when she said he wasn't going to try to get money? Good man.

He's ok, and as long as he's not permanently injured and he's out no more money than before the incident, then why bother trying to sue the pants off somebody? Because you CAN?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Cruisin'

Angry

These big companies need to open their eyes and start caring about their responsabilities. That bridge is in ridiculous condition and has been for some time.

How long will it be before someone REALLY gets hurt?

Maybe this will light a fire under that railroads ass.

If this guy doesn't sue. then they might not do anything about it. Or maybe they'll throw up a couple more sheets of plywood.

The guy should get soemthing out of this. That is all I am saying.

This to me looks like a clear cut case of neglegence(Sp?) on the R.R.'s part.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Converted

First thing I thought when she said he wasn't going to try to get money? Good man.

He's ok, and as long as he's not permanently injured and he's out no more money than before the incident, then why bother trying to sue the pants off somebody? Because you CAN?

BUT I do think that the railroad company should at least pay for his bitchen camaro to get fixed.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts

And that kind of "Never litigate" attitude isn't any better. Litigation, when a company is really at fault, helps to keep them in line. You don't want gov't oversight of every private sector? Fine....but then you need some way to keep companies from doing whtever the fuck they please.

This guy should def sue.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by JMench
These big companies need to open their eyes and start caring about their responsabilities. That bridge is in ridiculous condition and has been for some time.

How long will it be before someone REALLY gets hurt?

Maybe this will light a fire under that railroads ass.

If this guy doesn't sue. then they might not do anything about it. Or maybe they'll throw up a couple more sheets of plywood.

The guy should get soemthing out of this. That is all I am saying.

This to me looks like a clear cut case of neglegence(Sp?) on the R.R.'s part.
And you don't think with the media attention, and the POSSIBILITY of killing somebody, that they won't fix it now, at this point? Do you seriously think that this guy suing at this stage, will make them fix the problem any faster? Probably not.

It's just nice to see people that aren't out to make a dollar on any law suit they can muster....
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by SwervinCL

BUT I do think that the railroad company should at least pay for his bitchen camaro to get fixed.
Of course... like I said, he just wants to be out no more money than he was before the ordeal.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by buttplug
And that kind of "Never litigate" attitude isn't any better. Litigation, when a company is really at fault, helps to keep them in line. You don't want gov't oversight of every private sector? Fine....but then you need some way to keep companies from doing whtever the fuck they please.

This guy should def sue.
And what do you suggest he sues for?

Mental anguish? Because he was "almost possibly" killed?

In any case, he'd have to lie about some B.S. about being hurt more than he was, or having mental issues because of it... luckily, he seems like an honest guy.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Nice infrastructure we have.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
And what do you suggest he sues for?

Mental anguish? Because he was "almost possibly" killed?

In any case, he'd have to lie about some B.S. about being hurt more than he was, or having mental issues because of it... luckily, he seems like an honest guy.
Negligent infliction of emotional distress (their negligence led directly to mental anguish), negligence, battery

Essentially, they should pay his medical bills, any time lost from work, and a punitive award for their gross negligence in the construction and upkeep of that "wall".

And why would they have to be lies? If you were driving and got hit in the face with a shit-ton of rocks, you wouldn't feel scared?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:53 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by buttplug
Negligent infliction of emotional distress (their negligence led directly to mental anguish), negligence, battery

Essentially, they should pay his medical bills, any time lost from work, and a punitive award for their gross negligence in the construction and upkeep of that "wall".

And why would they have to be lies? If you were driving and got hit in the face with a shit-ton of rocks, you wouldn't feel scared?
I'd be scared at that moment... but I'm not going to act like I can't drive anymore, for fear of falling rocks... lol
Old 05-01-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
They have the same problem with a train company (CSX) in Cincinnati. They have a bridge crossing the Ohio River that is falling apart and has dropped concrete onto sidewalks, roads, and boats.

CSX doesn't want to pay for the repairs and thinks the city should pay for some of it. I hear this is a pretty common problem in all different cities...
Old 05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Back in a TL again.

i noticed this yesterday as i was driving home, under the tall over passes and such they have netting that go all the way around the over bass on the bottom.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Cruisin'

Angry

On the news today they showed about 50 people cleaning and scraping up all of the rock and debris from the overpass.

But Norfolk and Western RailRoad claim that "It was just routine maintainance and had nothing to do with the accident on Monday"

See this IS why the guy should sue them. Why not just admit to it? The evidence is in the guys car for Christ's sake!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Cruisin'

Now it's on youtube. wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIBH7QPyqYo
Old 05-03-2008, 05:57 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
This hits close to home for me.... anyways I'm not one of those people who want to sue, sue, sue. My dumbass forgot to latch my t-top down one day, and I drove a few blocks then when I went to turn the thing flew off and someone ran over it. Did I sue? Hell no. I was lucky it didn't make someone stop right at that moment and cause an accident.

But in this case, I say he should sue. At least make an example so other companies who overlook things like overpass maintenance. We've all seen those crews fixing and maintaining roads and what not. When was the last time you saw ANYONE working on an overpass? Do they even do it?

The netting at the very least is a good idea. I'd at least expect some damn compensation. A fucking big ass chunk of concrete fell through my roof (I'll speak from personal experience that its at least $120 plus shipping for a nice one... plus the shade which are $30+ and who knows for the hospital bill for that big ass chunk of concrete that just messed up my face.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Cruisin'

Angry

Here is the new video from the news. This is just ridiculous. Norfolk and Southern are claiming that they are just doing routine maintainance. They are getting rid of the evidence!

http://www.wjactv.com/news/16141528/detail.html