READ this B4 buying a CL.. (it's an AUDI thing)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
READ this B4 buying a CL.. (it's an AUDI thing)

I wish I had the information I now have before I purchased the Acura CL Sport that I paid $32,000 for 6 months ago. I certainly would not have this vehicle. It began with a "scratch" on the steering wheel. I didn't notice it until after I got home with the car. (I picked it up at night) I called my sales person and he said they would take care of it when I returned. Well he took it to the"detail shop" and turned the 1/4inch area at least 1 1/2 inches using only "soap and water". He also just thought it was dirt. It wasn't anything you could feel, just a small black line on top of the beige air bag on the steering wheel. I brought it in ,waited 1 hour for the Acura rep to arrive, he questioned whether the "scratch" was put there by me, and then stated as an act of "Goodwill" they would repair the damage.They later told me that the air bag was "painted" and not leather .That very same day I was washing my car at the neighborhood car wash and using the hand held spray power wash. I used this on my Toyota Celica for 6 years without any trouble at all. My friend had just used it on her BMW. Well, as I was washing my bumper, the paint literally began to fall off. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. The service manager said it was "flexible paint" and not covered under the warranty but I could bring it back for the Acura rep to see. He also acknowledged that they see this several times a month. The Acura rep said I shouldn't have used a pressure washer (at the car wash) but he would allow me another act of "goodwill" and repaint the bumper. Let me state this is not a pleasant experience. They all make you feel like you are doing something terrible and they are bestowing this great favor by helping you. Forget the fact that it didn't hurt the Toyota, or the BMW. You're wrong, and their car is perfect. Period! But that isn't the end. I don't even have any kids. I put an empty suitcase in the back seat to transport it to the repair shop. It left a lasting dent in the foam in the arm rest that separates the seats in the back. The final straw came today when the client services representative called to see if my problems were resolved. I told her that today I noticed a small spot on the front bumper, an area that was probably hit by a very small rock. What may have been a pin-point scratch on another car is already beginning to peel. It looks like plastic. She said I already had two "acts of Goodwill" and she didn't know if the Acura rep would be willing to see me again. Goodwill!!! Something is wrong with this car. Sure, it drives beautifully but I can't have peeling paint all over the place. I now feel like I need to get all of this fixed, park the car so nothing else can happen, and take my big loss after six months of ownership . I don't want any car that is this fragile!!! Period!
So today I took $23,500 for my 6 month old vehicle which cost me a total of $32,00 plus $3,000 tax. I wholesaled it to buy a BMW.

.. ACU-SUCKS.. rice all the way.. tank-ricer..LOL
Old 10-20-2002, 06:17 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
oh my god... get over it buddy!

this is your third story today. grooowww up.

you no longer own an acura... were happy for you. if your truly happy for yourself you would move on.

now enuff nonsense.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for real man jeez move on..