Pics of my new 350Z touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003 | 04:16 PM
Race Director

Pics of my new 350Z touring

This car is a blast to drive! Got it Thursday night and been driving around constantly since. You'd think I was driving a ferrari for all the attention this thing gets. Here's the pics I promised.

http://imageevent.com/zeroday/mynewztouringedition?n=0
Old 01-11-2003 | 04:27 PM
Revving at 9K...

Wow, they do take a long time.. anyway you can put it on a faster server? I have a T3 at work, so I don't think there is any bottle necks here..
Old 01-11-2003 | 04:29 PM
Rep the 305

Its not enough to see pics. Too bad you cant offer people test drives. Ive driven the Z, it is a great car. I wish everyone could experience it.
Old 01-11-2003 | 05:30 PM
Suzuka Master

after my dad finishes payment on his Z touring with navi he will spend a total of $40k! i believe my cl-s with navi came out to 38k after its all paid for! i kinda feel bad for my dad for spending that much for a car that has a quality of 28k car. paint chips way too easily, interior is flimsy (feels like everything is going to break with in a year) and lets not forget all the problems people are having with the car like transmission, suspension, etc.

im not trying to rain down on your parade, i just found out how much he is going to end up paying and i am just shocked!

sidemarker
Old 01-11-2003 | 05:51 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Looking nice...

Why did you buy in the winter?
Is it buzzy?

No Brembo brakes and light rims?
Old 01-11-2003 | 06:05 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

i like the orange seats!!
Old 01-11-2003 | 06:25 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Looking nice...

Why did you buy in the winter?
Is it buzzy?

No Brembo brakes and light rims?
It's a touring edition, not a track. tracks come with the Rays and brembos. I wanted leather seats etc that you can't get on the track. I can always add rims/brakes later. Oh, and why wait till summer? If it snows, the train station's right down the street so no big deal. Buzzy? Not sure what you mean.
Old 01-11-2003 | 06:33 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by sidemarker
after my dad finishes payment on his Z touring with navi he will spend a total of $40k! i believe my cl-s with navi came out to 38k after its all paid for! i kinda feel bad for my dad for spending that much for a car that has a quality of 28k car. paint chips way too easily, interior is flimsy (feels like everything is going to break with in a year) and lets not forget all the problems people are having with the car like transmission, suspension, etc.

im not trying to rain down on your parade, i just found out how much he is going to end up paying and i am just shocked!

sidemarker
hmm...I haven't noticed anything flimsy yet . With the leather and the navi, the interior looks/feels great IMO. All first model year cars have problems. I don't think the Z's problems are at all disproportionate with other 1st model year makes/models. The paint chips because it is water based. Most car companies are using this now so you'll have to get used to it. I'm getting the 3m clear bra in a few weeks. so no worries here.

oh and stop raining on my fucking parade LOL
Old 01-11-2003 | 07:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

fuckin' hot zeroday...

Very nice choice.
Old 01-11-2003 | 07:12 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

buzzy... the interior noise... is it too loud... while cruising... day to day driving?

Have you asked the dealer how much are the brembo brakes and the wheels/tires (as a replacement parts)
Old 01-11-2003 | 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Dammit, I'm too slow...

"The page you are trying to reach is inaccessible because the
user has exceeded their allotted daily quota.
Please try this page again tomorrow (00:00:00 UTC). "
Old 01-12-2003 | 01:48 AM
Race Director

I wasn't aware of quotas on my web server...that sucks..will look into it.

When all is said and done I *love* my new car. But I will say this. I miss my CLS already. In everyday traffic etc, the 5AT CLS is hands down a more comfortable, practical, luxurious car. I wish I could commute in my CLS and drive the Z on the weekends but I can't afford both right now so here I am. I still think the CLS is a great value for the money, and if I didn't lust after a RWD sports car I would still be driving it. The G might have been a good compromise but I felt it was too close to the CLS in terms of purpose and performance to justify spending the extra money. In any case, I still plan on lurking around on Acura-cl.com because I have yet to find an online forum with such a diverse and informed group of car enthusiasts (minus a few random trolls of course ). None of the Z forums compare. to acura-cl.com!!
Old 01-12-2003 | 04:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Hmm its amazing how more and more new car owners are associated to forums prior to their purchase. :thinking:
Old 01-12-2003 | 05:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by zeroday
hmm...I haven't noticed anything flimsy yet . With the leather and the navi, the interior looks/feels great IMO. All first model year cars have problems. I don't think the Z's problems are at all disproportionate with other 1st model year makes/models. The paint chips because it is water based. Most car companies are using this now so you'll have to get used to it. I'm getting the 3m clear bra in a few weeks. so no worries here.

Funny, I thought he was talking about OUR cars there for a minute! Paint, tranny, cheesy interior (bowling ball trim)
Old 01-12-2003 | 01:34 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by danny25
Dammit, I'm too slow...

"The page you are trying to reach is inaccessible because the
user has exceeded their allotted daily quota.
Please try this page again tomorrow (00:00:00 UTC). "
Try it now:

http://imageevent.com/zeroday/mynewztouringedition?n=0

Fixed the prob
Old 01-12-2003 | 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes

very nice!

In everyday traffic etc, the 5AT CLS is hands down a more comfortable, practical, luxurious car.
how does the clutch feel in stop and go traffic? Stiff enough to tire the leg or is it not a problem??
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:00 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by tinman
very nice!

how does the clutch feel in stop and go traffic? Stiff enough to tire the leg or is it not a problem??
It's fairly stiff. My leg has gotten tired a few times in heavy traffic, but I'm hoping it's just because I'm so used to an auto. Once those leg muscles get built up i'll be ok haha. Thanks for the props.
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:00 PM
Banned

It's pretty sad that Nissan is offering to repaint the whole Orange color Z because of the paint peeling.

And many other issues that are happening per my350z.com.

I rather own a G35C anyday over the 350.
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:06 PM
an adult perspective

Checked out my local Nissan dealership this morning, as the last time I had spoken to them (early August) they told me all Z's were spoken for and you "may" be able to sit in one before the owner picked it up - plus they doubted they'd have many around. Well, as of this morning, there is a base model sitting out front of the dealership, and four more inside - with only one "sold" sign displayed. Noticed what appeared to be a Brickyard on the floor, but the color didn't have nearly the richness or depth that I was expecting. However, I will run up their this week to see what is going on. All see to be marked up around $300 over MSRP (as per their website), but I'm thinking that must have something to do with some dealer prep or add-on they have installed. At least not the Thousands over that some have been reporting.
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:08 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by SilverBullet
It's pretty sad that Nissan is offering to repaint the whole Orange color Z because of the paint peeling.

And many other issues that are happening per my350z.com.

I rather own a G35C anyday over the 350.
HAHA it's almost the same damn car dude. Same paint quality. The other issues are happening to the G's also. ALL 1st model year cars have probs. Not sure why this concept is so hard for some people to grasp.

The paint isn't peeling off of any Z's LOL. I think you might be referring to 'orange peel' which is common on new cars due to not enough wet sanding at the factory..has nothing to do with the orange color. It's a minor flaw too, you really need to get up close to see it. I think it's admirable that nissan is offering to help out people who aren't happy with their paint jobs.

haters... sheez...
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:12 PM
Banned

HAHA it's almost the same damn car dude. Same paint quality. The other issues are happening to the G's also. ALL 1st model year cars have probs. Not sure why this concept is so hard for some people to grasp.

The paint isn't peeling off of any Z's LOL. I think you might be referring to 'orange peel' which is common on new cars due to not enough wet sanding at the factory..has nothing to do with the orange color.

haters... sheez...
I have owned 6 Nissans in the past 7 years. All had issues with the paint. www.nissanpaint.com must be a reason for that! :P
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:17 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by SilverBullet
I have owned 6 Nissans in the past 7 years. All had issues with the paint. www.nissanpaint.com must be a reason for that! :P

anyways.... this is the wrong thread for your nissan bashing. This *was* a new car pics thread...Please take it elsewhere dude.
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:25 PM
Unregistered Member

zeroday,

Did you have Navi in your CL? If so, how does the Navi in your Nissan compare?

Speed? I've heard people say that the Acura system is much faster to calculate routes than the Nissan system

Ease of use? I've also heard that prior owners of an Acura/Honda Navi miss the touch screen option that the Nissan system lacks.

Which is simpler to use?

Any other comments/comparisons?
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:40 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Tom2
zeroday,

Did you have Navi in your CL? If so, how does the Navi in your Nissan compare?

Speed? I've heard people say that the Acura system is much faster to calculate routes than the Nissan system

Ease of use? I've also heard that prior owners of an Acura/Honda Navi miss the touch screen option that the Nissan system lacks.

Which is simpler to use?

Any other comments/comparisons?

I didn't have Navi in my CL, but I have a friend with navi in his TL and have used it enought to know the basic differences.

The Z's navi isn't touch screen, but it does have a little 'joystick' thingy that makes navigating the screens pretty easy. IMHO,I like the idea of a touch screen, but I get a little annoyed with the look of all the fingerprints you get with the touch screen. My friends screen looks pretty greasy when his navi is turned off. Also, I noticed that on bumpy roads it is easier to keep your finger planted on the joystick than it is to hit the right place on the touchscreen, but maybe this is just my lack of coordination LOL. The screen size is larger on the Z..don't know the exact dimensions. It has 2 different view modes, an overhead mode like the TL/CL nav, and a 'birds eye' mode which gives you a 3d perspective like a bird would have when flying over land. It looks pretty cool, but for actual navigating I don't see much advantage. The dvd it uses seems to be more up to date than the current CL/TL dvd. I notice brand new developments/roads have been entered into it already, and I remember the TL not having a few back roads in my area that this one seems to cover. One cool feature is the popcorn trail...it tracks where you have been, and allows you to back track if needed. I can get pics of the screens if you are interested. I would say all in all it isnt leaps and bounds over the CL's navi by any stretch, but it does have alot of the updates the new MDX navi has. As far as calculating routes, I'm not sure. I'll have to do a side by side comparison one of these days with my buddy's tl.
Old 01-12-2003 | 02:51 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

It's fairly stiff. My leg has gotten tired a few times in heavy traffic, but I'm hoping it's just because I'm so used to an auto. Once those leg muscles get built up i'll be ok haha. Thanks for the props.

Your leg gets tired? No issues with the Acura clutch :P
Old 01-12-2003 | 03:01 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Zapata
Your leg gets tired? No issues with the Acura clutch :P
hey all i can say to that is that this summer the ladies will be checking out the new car AND my 'popeye like' left calf muscle haha

Old 01-12-2003 | 03:23 PM
A-CL Fanatic

Well, foget eveyones complaing, cause I think Your car looks HOT. I love the interior color combination, enjoy your car
Old 01-12-2003 | 03:25 PM
The hair says it all

lol nice choice on car. i dont understand why they hype it so much and then you cant find it in many dealers. it just boggles my mind. i dont see one for 2 weeks also and yesterday i saw 3 in 20 seconds. i was at a stop light and i saw one pass. i was like "WOW"...then like 4 cars later i see another one. then just as that was passing ANOTHER one in the opposite direction passed. i was shitting myself i was so giddy hehe
Old 01-12-2003 | 03:27 PM
The hair says it all

also - reasons for not getting the g35.

1. just like the 350, its hard to get ahold of (the dealer here has like 20 and he sold them all already)

2. 6 speed manual in g35 is REALLY hard to find, 6 spd 350 is easyer

3. sportier feel in the 350z

if you ask me, i would get the g35, but i cant say that i dont think the 350 is a very hot car!
Old 01-12-2003 | 03:37 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

hey all i can say to that is that this summer the ladies will be checking out the new car AND my 'popeye like' left calf muscle haha

only fookin witcha. Yeah your call does look hot and a definite head-turner!!!! I can't wait to see it up close.
Old 01-12-2003 | 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

I like the "sack" rest in the middle of the driver's seat.

Car looks hot.
Old 01-12-2003 | 04:50 PM

I like it, but I like the brembos and other rims on the track edition better.

I didn't know that the track one doesn't come in leather! That sux!
Old 01-12-2003 | 05:00 PM
It's Go-Time.

One hot ride! Keep us posted on any mods.
Old 01-12-2003 | 05:06 PM
Race Director

Good choice Zeroday. That interior looks HOT and i love the rest of car. Best of luck with it!