Pics of Dual GReddy Evo Exhaust on my 2003 CL-S (56K beware)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by oonowindoo
Looks: Comptech Tips are basically the same size as STOCK which i call them PUSSY PIPEs..and Greddy evo is about 1.5 inch bigger than stock.. which is PERFECT for CLSs' big ass. WHat s the point for u to get an exhausts that s the same size as stock.and it s not much louder than stock?. DOnt tell me for the HP plz.....
riiight...100% pure self-opinion in the above paragraph. yes, to certain people a pair of huge ass exhausts might look "better," even on a luxo sport coupe, however everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i think the comptechs look perfect on our cars. sure i'd get the evo if i wanted to rice out my 30k family sport coupe...that would be my first step. i'd prefer to stick a fat exhaust on a supra or 240sx (cars where you can clown on people with your exhaust and can actually back it up). loud...we drive cl's, not civic dx's. you want loud? take off the exhaust. and appearing close to oem, i don't have to worry about a po-po second looking. good luck avoiding the pigs with your "1.5 inch larger than comptech exhaust."

btw i'd have to be smoking some good shit (or have money hanging out of my ass) if i wanted to spend $600 for just 1-2hp. it's not just about horsepower.

Sound: Greddy evo has louder and deeper sound than Comptech.. but not VERy loud...
and? i've also heard the hks. they sound about the same. the exhaust note is just right on both systems. any louder would be considered rice on the cl. from your perspective, our "pussy pipes" create the same aggressive exhaust tone without the need of a 4.5" pipe.

it s loud enough for u hear inside the car and NOT loud enough to receive a ticket...
same with the comptech's. same with any aftermarket exhaust bolted onto a 3.2 liter V6. (it will sound sporty, but not too loud)

Price: i can get Greddy Evo Dual catback for AV6 FOR LESS THAN 700.... and how much is comptech? 1G? correct me if im wrong....
the greddy evo mufflers alone retail for $1100 (and i thought comptech's were a rip-off...i learn something new everyday). i couldn't imagine how much retail for a CATBACK is. not everyone has the hookup, so good for you. i don't know what you were smoking when looking at prices, but pass me some, cause the comptech mufflers are readily available at www.autocarparts.com for $600 ($670 retail).
Old 09-30-2002, 02:20 PM
Cruisin'

2003CLTYPES, check your pm and let me know....

Old 09-30-2002, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

nice..get rid of the wheels though..too blinging..need some racing wheels to match those exhaust
Old 09-30-2002, 05:25 PM
10th Gear

Any pics of the pipes leading up to the Mufflers?
Old 09-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by snacker's_CL-S
Any pics of the pipes leading up to the Mufflers?
Sorry, didn't take any pics of that.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedyRonin
riiight...100% pure self-opinion in the above paragraph. yes, to certain people a pair of huge ass exhausts might look "better," even on a luxo sport coupe, however everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i think the comptechs look perfect on our cars. sure i'd get the evo if i wanted to rice out my 30k family sport coupe...that would be my first step. i'd prefer to stick a fat exhaust on a supra or 240sx (cars where you can clown on people with your exhaust and can actually back it up). loud...we drive cl's, not civic dx's. you want loud? take off the exhaust. and appearing close to oem, i don't have to worry about a po-po second looking. good luck avoiding the pigs with your "1.5 inch larger than comptech exhaust."

btw i'd have to be smoking some good shit (or have money hanging out of my ass) if i wanted to spend $600 for just 1-2hp. it's not just about horsepower.

and? i've also heard the hks. they sound about the same. the exhaust note is just right on both systems. any louder would be considered rice on the cl. from your perspective, our "pussy pipes" create the same aggressive exhaust tone without the need of a 4.5" pipe.

same with the comptech's. same with any aftermarket exhaust bolted onto a 3.2 liter V6. (it will sound sporty, but not too loud)

the greddy evo mufflers alone retail for $1100 (and i thought comptech's were a rip-off...i learn something new everyday). i couldn't imagine how much retail for a CATBACK is. not everyone has the hookup, so good for you. i don't know what you were smoking when looking at prices, but pass me some, cause the comptech mufflers are readily available at www.autocarparts.com for $600 ($670 retail).

so ur say Greddy Evo is rice ? nigga pleaaaase..... ppl use that term just too frequently......if u think comptech is perfect for CL... then y the hell u even change the exhaust??? stock ones r ok already.... and btw: HKS is LOUDER than comptech.... but not by much.... HKS sounds the same as greddy

Greddy evo might be too big for a civic or something but not for CLS....Comptech looks like someone bought some 2" chrome tips from pepboyz.. just IMO tho..

u think CLS is a CL500 or something??? it s not REAL LUXURY CAR and IT S NOT A TRUE SPORT car either.... just a better tuned with better interior AV6 coupe....so dont think CLS is too luxurious for exhausts......

as for hook ups... if u really want something and u dont have that much $$.. u can ask ur friends who like cars for hook ups.. i m pretty sure some of ur friends got hook ups....
Old 10-01-2002, 12:47 AM
Instructor

Why are you all arguing in this thread that I put pics in. I know some people like it and some don't. I posted pics of it since some people were wanting to know what it looks like.

Please stop this childish whining.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2002, 01:36 AM
What to do, what to think

you got that right!!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 01:37 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by 2003CLTYPES
Why are you all arguing in this thread that I put pics in. I know some people like it and some don't. I posted pics of it since some people were wanting to know what it looks like.

Thanks
Ahhh.. we all just debate this way at times on A-CL, it can get out of hand sometimes

Your ride looks good no mater what, and most importantly you love it!
Old 10-01-2002, 01:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by oonowindoo ___________________
so ur say Greddy Evo is rice ? nigga pleaaaase..... ppl use that term just too frequently......if u think comptech is perfect for CL... then y the hell u even change the exhaust??? stock ones r ok already.... and btw: HKS is LOUDER than comptech.... but not by much.... HKS sounds the same as greddy
to me it is rice. i don't like rice on cars (i like it on my plate though hehe), but some people do, so that's cool. whatever floats your boat. if you think stock [b]sounds[b] (which is why i and most people purchase aftermarket exhausts...for a deeper and aggressive sound) the same as comptech/hks/greddy, then you must be deaf. hks should not sound the same as your greddy, being that a CATBACK should be louder than just mufflers. hks and greddy mufflers might sound the same.

and chill with the racial slurs, i know it's a common phrase, but in this case it makes you seem very childish.

Greddy evo might be too big for a civic or something but not for CLS....Comptech looks like someone bought some 2" chrome tips from pepboyz.. just IMO tho..
that's great. i wonder what you think of flowmasters on V8's, since they apparently don't have 4.5" tips. pep boys also sells 4.5" tips, maybe even 6" tips (i'm guessing). imo, GReddy, HKS, A'PEXi, etc. would all look better on a supra or any other j-spec muscle car.

u think CLS is a CL500 or something??? it s not REAL LUXURY CAR and IT S NOT A TRUE SPORT car either.... just a better tuned with better interior AV6 coupe....so dont think CLS is too luxurious for exhausts......
i am quite sure i didn't mention it was as luxurious as a benz. never said it was a sportscar either. i said the cl was a "luxo-sports coupe"...meaning half and half? get the point? indeed, it's not really a true sportscar, so OEM or comptech would make more sense, imo. and nothing is too luxurious for an exhaust. i'd sport a gs430 or CL500 with aftermarket exhausts anyday.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 2003CLTYPES

Thanks
sorry about that, just had to set the facts straight. some people like comptech, some people like others. there's no need to clown on the comptechs, seems like some people think it's "better" just cause it has bigger tips. btw, nice ride, i like your rims
Old 10-01-2002, 02:09 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by SpeedyRonin
...and nothing is too luxurious for an exhaust. i'd sport a gs430 or CL500 with aftermarket exhausts anyday.

Me too.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:56 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

those look hot....i actually just got the Thermal R&D Catback exhaust for mine and i love it. Now that you mention it, it does feel like it shifts a little smoother.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:23 AM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually met up with 2003CLS this weekend, and checked out his exhaust. It sounds pretty good. Personally I probably will never put any on my ride, but I have to say that I've heard Mattg's Comptach also, and to compare, they both sounds good. At low RPM with the music up, you don't even notice it. IMO.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Instructor

whats next

whats next supercharger?........and get some teins!!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Banned

I think the stock 2001-2001 mufflers with the thin oval tips are bad ass.....quiet and high flow....
Old 11-11-2002, 06:45 PM
3rd Gear

exhaust

where did you get the exhaust 2003cltypes
Old 11-15-2002, 02:40 PM
Quicksilver

I have just 2 stainless universal mufflers with 3" tips and they sound amazing! Especially with the intake too. I've gotten a lot of compliments and only set me back $175!
Old 11-15-2002, 02:46 PM
Quicksilver

Re: Pics of Dual GReddy Evo Exhaust on my 2003 CL-S (56K beware)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2003CLTYPES
[B]Hey everyone. I finally got my Dual GReddy Evo exhaust on my car. It sounds great, not too loud. A little louder than Comptech, IMO. Let me know what ya think.

PS: Please don't tell me to lower my car. I am waiting for the Eibach kit to be released for the 2003 model

Exhaust looks good. I won't tell you to lower your car. Just, that i have an '03 myself, and the Eibach kit for '01 through '03 is the same. I have the Eibachs on mine now, here's a pic below.

Old 11-16-2002, 12:52 AM
Instructor

I just got my car lowered this last week, so the lowering of it no longer applies.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

this is a little off topic but does anyone know if we can get an exhaust like this put on our cars and keep our stock tips, personally i like the way the oval ones look better and to someone that didnt know our cars already look like they have an exhaust
Old 11-24-2002, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Hey ZOOTKING how are those TR&D sounding on the CL. I have TR&D on my civic and it is loud and it does not get any quieter on the highway either? Other than that I love the company. Yours is axl back?
Old 11-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by liquid_x
looks nice

have you heard the hks before? can you compare the two if you have? i wanted to get the greddys before but they werent out yet and the hks just doesnt satisfy me anymore. btw are those accord v6 ones or the ones specifically for the cl?
Trust me, once you INSTALL THE HEADERS. Your HKS will improve drastically!! My car sounds so mean now with the HKS! The only time its quiet is at idle and you still hear a mmmm from the rear of the car, outside of course, and on the highway cruising. But anytime you are on the gas, you hear it. It probably increased its sound about 5x what it was. I had Greddy on my Maxima, this is much louder now.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Beware of leakage

Nice, like the size of the exhaust really fills up the gap, rims look great also!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:16 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Trust me, once you INSTALL THE HEADERS. Your HKS will improve drastically!! My car sounds so mean now with the HKS! The only time its quiet is at idle and you still hear a mmmm from the rear of the car, outside of course, and on the highway cruising. But anytime you are on the gas, you hear it. It probably increased its sound about 5x what it was. I had Greddy on my Maxima, this is much louder now.

i think Greddy evo with header sounds different wtih HKS with header.. cuz i dont know.. maybe one is full catback and one is axle?
Old 12-13-2002, 08:05 PM
The guy you love to HATE!

Cans by Folgers.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:31 PM
TYPE-S

nice rims !

love those 19 inch f-16's on that white acura !!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 08:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

is it true the greddys give you almost 10whp compared to the compech 2-3?
Old 12-13-2002, 08:39 PM
Safety Car

I don't buy that, at least on our cars I don't
Old 12-14-2002, 04:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
no, that is not true.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

um ok are you just guessing or do you say that for a reason?
Old 12-14-2002, 11:57 AM
Safety Car

the stock CLS exhaust is already free flowing so you are not going to gain much
Old 12-14-2002, 04:48 PM
2nd Gear

How does your car feel driving on the 19's every one keeps telling me not to put them on my car because the ride would feel like crap?
Old 12-14-2002, 05:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by JakeCL
um ok are you just guessing or do you say that for a reason?
no, i say that cuz it's true.

there are really no gains to be had w/ an axleback system on these cars.
Old 12-14-2002, 06:34 PM
The guy you love to HATE!

Having joined this forum only a month ago, I can say this...Its almost like everybody has some thing to say Negative about someones ride...Posts are always prefaced by "your wheels suck"...Just my opinoin..."Comptech is lame my exhuast is better".in my opinion...etc. Why dont we all just say hety Nice Car' ask pertenant questions as to the asthetic and performance values of the upgrades and STOP the petty bickering...I confess I fell into the trap myself..but will make a definate effort to stop the madness!
Old 12-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by mattg
no, i say that cuz it's true.

there are really no gains to be had w/ an axleback system on these cars.
so then you are guessing but its an educated guess unless you have seen dynos for the greddys
Old 12-14-2002, 08:32 PM
Team Owner

OK !! ENOUGH .. close this shit plzzz

If u think Comptech is not loud enough and big enough for u.. then GO WITH HKS OR GREDDY..
If u think GREDDY OR HKS is too big or too loud for u then go with comptech..
PERIOD.....

Some of u guys r becoming IS300 Alike
Old 12-14-2002, 09:03 PM
Senior Moderator

it is common knowledge on these forums, that axleback exhausts just don't make much hp gains. i am not trying to be negative, i am trying to share some of this knowledge w/ you.

if you discover otherwise, plz let us know.

and to the other newbie: you act like you have never been on internet forums before. there will always be a few people on here that say things you may not like. thats how it goes.

i tend to think our mods do a pretty good job though
Old 12-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

i didnt find dynos thats why i asked but i was looking for facts and i got something else. it is one of the newer and less popular exhausts for the car so i dont see how you can be so sure
next time i will be more specific in what i ask for
Old 12-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Instructor

I read in an issue of either SCC or SS that GReddy Evo did gain 10whp, this was on an Accord though.

Guys, please stop your bickering in my thread, the reason why I posted pics was to let everyone see them and to voice their opinions, I did NOT post them to have you all arguing about axleback to catback exhausts. If you want to do that, please start another thread.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Pics of Dual GReddy Evo Exhaust on my 2003 CL-S (56K beware)