Phoenix Electric Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix Electric Vehicles

We were talking about them in one of my classes. You can get a 95% charge in 10 minutes. That's pretty insane. Looks like the future of electric vehicles is already here. But damn they are ugly.

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/vehi...hoenix-suv.php
Old 10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Most people cant stand the idea of EV's, but before too long we'll all be driving them...they just make way too much sense on all levels.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
Most people cant stand the idea of EV's, but before too long we'll all be driving them...they just make way too much sense on all levels.
It is an interesting point you bring up, a friend and I were discussing this a few months ago, exhaust note will become a thing of the past. As electric vehicles become more common, more realistic and more practical I am sure they will start taking over. Right now, for the most part, they are nothing more then a novelty. My friend felt that electric vehicles will never catch on with car guys because they lack "exhaust note" and while he may be right I think car people will make the transition as it is right for them. We will learn to distinguish the sound of a good motor vs. a bad one. He claims it will never happen, and maybe it won't in our lives, but it will happen. I brought up horses, they were just as sought after as cars were when they were the best method of travel, you could look at a horse and know how many "leagues" a day it could run, what to feed it, how to maintain it and how long it will remain in optimal condition and if you were an individual of style you wouldn't be caught dead on an ugly horse. I don't know a fucking thing about horses, and I think the gasoline engine will be like horses in another hundred years, obviously people will know what they are but I don't think it will be like it is today. The future is going to happen weather we want it to or not.