Which one?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:10 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by ZhenyaF
I got my 07 TL-S with 35k miles from a private party in PA for $23k 3 months ago
Private party is always cheaper than a lot. You got a good deal IMO.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 990 Likes on 532 Posts
Legacy GT with leather? Nice power and AWD. Low payments, safe car, and can be modded quite a bit.

And use Edmunds or Kelley Blue Book to figure out how much a car should be.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM
is out, so the

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get your sisters Camry!

Personally, I don't see the need for a newer car.

My TL-S was and still is my first car. I see nicer cars all the time and wish I had them, but at the end of the day I love my car more. Its affordable, easy to maintain, gets relatively good gas mileage, more power than I need for my age, and looks good. I'm aware that my TL-S is way too much car for a first, but that just reminds me to take care of it and treat it right. I was provided with it, and if I wreck it or tear it up, Civic here I come.

Take care of the TSX you have, because it will outlast the BMW and other cars you mentioned.

Then, once you get it about paid off, trade it for a TL-S. Same formula, but more power!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 PM
is out, so the

BTW, getting a loan to mod your car is a stupid idea, incase its on your mind. If you wreck your car, guess what? Your out of a fast car, and still stuck with the payments.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Allen-
BTW, getting a loan to mod your car is a stupid idea, incase its on your mind. If you wreck your car, guess what? Your out of a fast car, and still stuck with the payments.
Hahah.. yeaa, i did thought about it when i see someone talking about it months ago.
but no, i don't think i m that dumb to do that.
If i really do, i m gonna borrow $$ from my mum. lol.

As for my tsx, it's already been paid off. (not by me of course. My mum)
finance it for a few months because of the 'building credits', and paid it off after that.

Originally Posted by ZhenyaF
I got my 07 TL-S with 35k miles from a private party in PA for $23k 3 months ago
ooo! that's nice!

Originally Posted by mrmako
Legacy GT with leather? Nice power and AWD. Low payments, safe car, and can be modded quite a bit.

And use Edmunds or Kelley Blue Book to figure out how much a car should be.
oh well, after few days of thinking and talking with others, i think i m just going to keep my car. At least i won't have to bother about monthly PAYMENTS... And i can spend/do whatever i want now.

See if i can hold on to the TSX until i finish University, which is like 2+ years more.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxgoogs
I was thinking more like the new camaro ss 426 hp under 40k. + I think the interior of the camaro is much better then g37 infiniti.
You must have ball-bearings inside your head rather than actual brains...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
What about your sister if you trade in the TSX?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:57 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by msmching
Hahah.. yeaa, i did thought about it when i see someone talking about it months ago.

finance it for a few months because of the 'building credits', and paid it off after that.

ooo! that's nice!

oh well, after few days of thinking and talking with others, i think i m just going to keep my car. At least i won't have to bother about monthly PAYMENTS... And i can spend/do whatever i want now.

See if i can hold on to the TSX until i finish University, which is like 2+ years more.
If you can manage to maintain 600-800 a month in income you should be able to afford a nice car. All you need to do is pay $350 or so a month and you'll be in a nice car. If you put a $8000 deposit you can afford a $30K car, it'll end up being a $22K finance which should put your payments under $400 a mo/
Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I thought his family was selling the Camry and the sister got the TSX while he picked a new car.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I m GUESSING, if it really happens, she might end up getting the new camry (she have the old ones. 2006's..)

Originally Posted by Eoanou
If you can manage to maintain 600-800 a month in income you should be able to afford a nice car. All you need to do is pay $350 or so a month and you'll be in a nice car. If you put a $8000 deposit you can afford a $30K car, it'll end up being a $22K finance which should put your payments under $400 a mo/
think is, with 600-800 a month,
If i pay $350 or so a month like you said, and gas $$? estimating it around $250. I don't think i even have $$ to feed myself. lol.

Since jan. (the day i started work), i pay my own credit card/gas/sch fees (if i really can afford it)/food.

Hmm, let' see, i paid my sch fees for spring quarter, that cost me $800+. And i paid my credit card bill for Dec, that cost me also $800+.. (thanks to car modification. lol).
That just empty most of my savings already! (yeaa, i don't really have much savings, since my $$ all come from my parents)
Then, after i started working, still, i paid my CC bills/cell phone bills/Gas/Food.
Until around end of May, i asked my parents for HELP! LoL. (Because i rear-ended a 92 Honda Civic on the road, paying him $450. ) I basically paid 1/3 of his car value.

And last month, i scratched my Rear door and Quarter panel, my boss charge me $600 to fix/paint them.
So yea, with all these added up, till now, i don't really have any savings!

Originally Posted by Eoanou
I thought his family was selling the Camry and the sister got the TSX while he picked a new car.
well, i said to sell my tsx, just so, i won't need to pay so much on monthly payments.

But anyway, blaahh to that idea, like i mentioned a few post up there, i'll stick with my tsx. At least i can do what i want right now without worrying much about going empty in my pocket.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:32 AM
I shoot people

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,431 Posts
anyone making $600-$800/month should NOT be considering getting a new car (when they already have one... a very nice one for that matter)
Old 06-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Originally Posted by is300eater
anyone making $600-$800/month should NOT be considering getting a new car
oh well, i have to agree on that.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
<<< is still in shock that there isnt major bashing going on in this thread. are you guys reading this??
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
<<< is still in shock that there isnt major bashing going on in this thread. are you guys reading this??
ehh?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't know your family situation, but I can't see why you would even want to get another car if your parents are going to have to finance it!!

If they have a ton of cash and want to buy you a car, fine, that is great, but if they have to finance it and pay interest on a new car when you already have a TSX, that is pretty bad in my opinion. Why don't you be the good kid and make do with your TSX, I know its rough!!!

I do remember them being somewhat weak, I used to get one as a loaner when I took the CL in for service, nice car though. As stated, maybe you could trade it somewhat even up for an older model TL, that should have all the power you want.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Get your sisters Camry!

Personally, I don't see the need for a newer car.

My TL-S was and still is my first car. I see nicer cars all the time and wish I had them, but at the end of the day I love my car more. Its affordable, easy to maintain, gets relatively good gas mileage, more power than I need for my age, and looks good. I'm aware that my TL-S is way too much car for a first, but that just reminds me to take care of it and treat it right. I was provided with it, and if I wreck it or tear it up, Civic here I come.

Take care of the TSX you have, because it will outlast the BMW and other cars you mentioned.

Then, once you get it about paid off, trade it for a TL-S. Same formula, but more power!

x2, if your still in school try to keep yourself out of debt by all means possible. If your TSX is taking care of your DD needs then I would just hold onto it. When you finish school and start making more money you'll be able to afford a car that you really want. Just my
Old 06-30-2009, 04:20 PM
is out, so the

I m GUESSING, if it really happens, she might end up getting the new camry (she have the old ones. 2006's..)

think is, with 600-800 a month,
If i pay $350 or so a month like you said, and gas $$? estimating it around $250. I don't think i even have $$ to feed myself. lol.

Since jan. (the day i started work), i pay my own credit card/gas/sch fees (if i really can afford it)/food.

Hmm, let' see, i paid my sch fees for spring quarter, that cost me $800+. And i paid my credit card bill for Dec, that cost me also $800+.. (thanks to car modification. lol).
That just empty most of my savings already! (yeaa, i don't really have much savings, since my $$ all come from my parents)
Then, after i started working, still, i paid my CC bills/cell phone bills/Gas/Food.
Until around end of May, i asked my parents for HELP! LoL. (Because i rear-ended a 92 Honda Civic on the road, paying him $450. ) I basically paid 1/3 of his car value.

And last month, i scratched my Rear door and Quarter panel, my boss charge me $600 to fix/paint them.
So yea, with all these added up, till now, i don't really have any savings!

well, i said to sell my tsx, just so, i won't need to pay so much on monthly payments.

But anyway, blaahh to that idea, like i mentioned a few post up there, i'll stick with my tsx. At least i can do what i want right now without worrying much about going empty in my pocket.
It seems like to me you need to take care of your TSX more and pay attention.

Not flaming your or anything, but until you can take care of the car you have, you don't need a nicer one. I understand shit happens, but still.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
ehh?
"Hahah.. yeaa, i did thought about it when i see someone talking about it months ago.

finance it for a few months because of the 'building credits', and paid it off after that. "

"ehh?" !?!?! ugh, the thread makes me want to punch a wall
Old 06-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Ex-King of Pasadena

It seems like to me you need to take care of your TSX more and pay attention.

Not flaming your or anything, but until you can take care of the car you have, you don't need a nicer one. I understand shit happens, but still.
I should have. I know. I tried squeezing out of my garage when my sis's friend's parked outside. I got my front part of the car out, and i thought it was fine for me to go ahead.. and who knows. ==

Originally Posted by Jiggy2dmax
x2, if your still in school try to keep yourself out of debt by all means possible. If your TSX is taking care of your DD needs then I would just hold onto it. When you finish school and start making more money you'll be able to afford a car that you really want. Just my
Guess i have to agree your first sent. (obivously not when i started this thread. but i m now. )

Originally Posted by Rock2534
I don't know your family situation, but I can't see why you would even want to get another car if your parents are going to have to finance it!!

If they have a ton of cash and want to buy you a car, fine, that is great, but if they have to finance it and pay interest on a new car when you already have a TSX, that is pretty bad in my opinion. Why don't you be the good kid and make do with your TSX, I know its rough!!!

I do remember them being somewhat weak, I used to get one as a loaner when I took the CL in for service, nice car though. As stated, maybe you could trade it somewhat even up for an older model TL, that should have all the power you want.
It's not that my parents' going to pay my monthly payments. But myself.
She just want me to feel/learn that.. (what should i call it.. experience?)

But anyway, I've already said i don't plan to get one already...
I'm not good enough to actually LIVE on my own yet.
Just do whatever i can for now.

And yea you guys made a good point tho.

Thanks to the ones that gave the ..Better replies.

Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
"Hahah.. yeaa, i did thought about it when i see someone talking about it months ago.

finance it for a few months because of the 'building credits', and paid it off after that. "

"ehh?" !?!?! ugh, the thread makes me want to punch a wall
oh. Hope you have the concrete wall, so it won't dent and ugly the wall.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:17 PM

I'm sorry, but you live in CA, you can find a nice G coupe 2004~2005 for $20K used with 45K miles or so (I found one in CT, 2004 38Kmi. for 19990). If you deposit $8000, you'll be financing $12,000, your loan payments will be really inexpensive.

People are going to tell you, been there done that, you already have a nice car, and the truth is, you do, but that shouldn't detour you from enjoying life and spending the money the way you want to.

Personally I was working at a minimum wage job, made $8.00 an hour at 40hrs/wk so approximately $320 before taxes a week. That's about $1200 a month and I was able to pay $350 a month for my car loan and save up lots of money on the side.

It's not that difficult, it'll help bolster your credit as well and help you learn how to budget your money.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 990 Likes on 532 Posts
Stick with the TSX like you said. It is a great car, it's paid for, and you can "experience" life as a real worker by paying for your insurance, gas, etc... Then once you are able to cut the umbilical, you can then go look for a car YOU can afford.

My first car was a 1978 Chrysler Cordoba. $1000, and I always poured money into it. And I paid for everything. hell, my brother salvaged it from a bad tranny day and was able to give me a deal. Stick with the TSX for quite a few years my friend. You could be worse off.

(No hate, just some advice from an old guy who has been around the world, literally).