Omg, Audi A4 1.8t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 02:46 AM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omg, Audi A4 1.8t!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, WHAT A FUCKING JOKE! Jesus muther of god, how the hell can you price a car like that? Today I went to costco only to see a shiny Audi A4 outside the lot and it was stickered price to be starting $32,400+. It was a QUATTO 1.8T engine base. 20Mpg city/28 hwy.

Ok, nice looking...no navi, uh...don't know what other big option they have but doesn't seem like much...granted it has quattro but come the fuck on...underpowered piece of shit 1.8L T engine (i don't give a fuck about boosting it..cause u can't factor that shit into the price tag)...basic ass car for over $32,000

WHoly shit, I thought my CLS 6speed was pricey w/navi/260HP, but fuck me, I got me a fuckin' DEAL. I mean I use to beat on the issue of this 6speeder CLS being this and that ghey this ghey that...but come one, I got me a BARGAIN!!! And not to mention I parked in front of a Toyota 4Runner..and I saw 2 garage remotes on the front visor...???? So glad i got teh homelink (which also does rolling codes) included into my price...damn, imagine the OPTIONAL HOMELINK on the BMWs??

I have to admit that the CLS6 has everything i want and is priced so right...just don't get why it won't sell...damn, what a pity!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:51 AM
6SPDCLS

Standard Included Features 1.8T A4 Quattro

Engines & Emissions
· Turbocharged 1.8-Liter, I4, 20-Valve, DOHC, SEFI Engine, Front/Longitudinal Mounted With Horsepower Of 170@5900, Torque Of 166@1950, Cast Iron Cylinder Block and Aluminum Alloy Cylinder Heads
· Oil Cooler
· Free Scheduled Maintenance For 48 Months or 50,000 Miles
· Low Pressure Turbocharger With Intercooler
· ULEV Emissions
WEAK!

Transmission
· 5-Speed Manual Transmission With Overdrive
ACURA 6speed w/LSD!

Safety
· Driver Airbag With Dual Stage Deployment
· Seat Mounted Front Side Airbags
· Passenger Airbag Cutoff Sensor Activated By Seatbelt Engagement
· Passenger Airbag With Dual Stage Deployment
· Sideguard Side Head Curtain Airbags Located In Roof
· Automatic Locking Retractors
· Emergency Fuel Shutoff Device
· First Aid Kit
· L A T C H
· Front Seatbelt Height Adjusters
· Rear 3-Point Center Seatbelt
· Front and Rear 3-Point Seatbelts
· Front and Rear Pretensioners With Front Force Limiters
· Side Guard Door Beams
· Emergency Inside Trunk Release
legit..but similar to CLS

Braking & Traction
· Quattro(TM) IV All-Wheel Drive
· 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brake System
· Front Power 288-mm X 25-mm Ventilated Discs and Rear Power 245-mm X 10-mm Solid Disc Brakes
· Electronic Brake Assistance
· Electronic Brake Force Distribution
· Front and Rear Locking Differentials
· Traction Control
· Vehicle Stability Control System Operated Via Engine Power Reduction and Transmission Control Measures Yaw Rate, Wheel Speed, Steering Wheel Angle and Lateral Acceleration

Same shit on CLS AUTO

Suspension
· Independent Multi-Link Front Suspension With Upper and Lower Control Arms, Coil Springs and Shock Absorbers
· Independent Trapezoidal Link Rear Suspension With Coil Springs and Shock Absorbers
· Rear Stabilizer Bar
Damn, you win - LESSER WHEEL GAP!

Entertainment, Communication & Navigation
· Symphony AM/FM Radio With 150 Watts, Speed Sensitive Volume and 10 Speakers Total Including Subwoofer; Cassette Player With Auto Reverse; 6-Disc CD Changer With Random Play Integrated With Radio
· Subwoofer
· Rear In-Glass Diversity Radio Antenna
· Radio Data System
way better than CLS bose!

Wheels & Tires
· Full-Size Spare Tire
· SBRP205/65R15, Pirelli P6 Four Seasons All-Season Tires
· Alloy Wheels, 15-In. X 7-In.
WEAK!

Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
· Automatic Climate Control With Sun Sensor
· Interior Pollen and Dust Charcoal Air Filter
· HVAC Rest Mode
· Rear HVAC Ducts Located Under Rear Seats
· Separate Driver/Front Passenger Climate Controls
Dual CLIMATE CTRL ROCKS!

Steering
· Power Rack and Pinion Variable Assisted Steering
· Telescopic Steering Column
· Tilt Steering Column

Remote Controls & Remote Releases
· Keyless Entry Operated Via Key Fob
· Multi-Function Remote Operates Door Lock/Unlock, Panic Alarm, Trunk, Fuel Door, Illuminated Entry and Anti-Theft
· Panic Button
· Remote Decklid Release Located Inside Vehicle and On Multi-Function Remote
· Remote Fuel Door Release Located Inside Vehicle and On Multi-Function Remote
SAME SHIT!

Seats
· Cloth Seat Trim
· Front Dual Reclining Sport Bucket Seats With Height Adjustment, Adjustable Headrests and Center Folding Armrest
· Front Dual Power Lumbar Support
· Rear 60/40 Split Folding Bench Seat With Manually Adjustable Headrests At All Positions and Center Folding Armrest
CLOTH SEATS!?!??!?!! BITCH PLEASE!

no HIDs, etc, etc...damn, pricey unless the one I saw had a sport package and HIDs...prolly..but still, pricey as fuck..
Old 09-22-2003, 02:58 AM
6SPDCLS

I LOVE MY CLS6!!
Old 09-22-2003, 04:30 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HMMMMMMM

Audi 1.8 T available now at your local Audi dealership .

Acura 3.2 CL and CL/S out of production see ya later bye bye .

I guess Audi wins ?????

Jens
Old 09-22-2003, 04:32 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
wow...seems to me you are comparing apples to oranges...
Old 09-22-2003, 04:45 AM
Disproportionate Member

Well, I think you're underestimating the value of AWD. I'd still get a Subaru though if that's what I wanted.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Masshole

The 1.8T is not as fast as the CL stock, but the quality is amazing and there's lots of mods to be had. But, again, this is an apples to oranges comparison.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:50 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by tmk70
The 1.8T is not as fast as the CL stock, but the quality is amazing and there's lots of mods to be had. But, again, this is an apples to oranges comparison.
The A4 is a great car with a strong platform to build on mod-wise. Its definitely not a POS!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
the engine doesnt make the car, if it did then we all would own a neon turbo
Old 09-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Race Director

dont compare the B6 A4 to a CL-S.

cause the A4 wins in every category, except for speed.

the cls has a pontiac interior when compared to the interior quality of the A4

imho, A4 interior looks better

A4 definetly will outhandle ANY cls

assembled in Germany

btw, Quattro, is not a small advantage by any means.

My car sticks to the road in turns, twists, whatever LIKE GLUE..
And winter driving is amazing.

and like Jens said, A4 is selling like hotcakes...while the CL, is a failure.

after owning my A4 for only 6 months, i would NEVER go back to Acura. For now...Only bmw and audi really offers what I consider to be a well made vehicle, with the goodies i enjoy.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:43 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive seen 400 + Horsepower a4's running 11 second quarter miles, and looking good while doing it.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:09 AM
'Cooter

i think the TSX interior edges out the A4's, plus u get a kickass navi in the TSX

exterior, i'd give the nod to the Audi no question

performance the quattro ownz

Old 09-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
a4 > cl
Old 09-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Fo Rilla!

Audi's are the most overrated and overpriced cars on the road. Goes to show what a good marketing campaign will net you. AWD is a useless option to most drivers. And as far a quality is conserned no reputable consumer reporting agency will agree that Acura doesn't makes a better car.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Yeehaw

Originally posted by h2o467
AWD is a useless option to most drivers.

until it snows
Old 09-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by h2o467
Audi's are the most overrated and overpriced cars on the road. Goes to show what a good marketing campaign will net you. AWD is a useless option to most drivers. And as far a quality is conserned no reputable consumer reporting agency will agree that Acura doesn't makes a better car.
are u kidding me?

first of all, have you OWNED a B6 A4 to be sayin that?

AWD is useless????? tell me that when your stuck in the snow....AWD saved my life 3 months ago when i got in an accident.

Your comment on Quality, is a JOKE, i wont even bother.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

didn't we just have a post on A4 vs CL just last month??

let it die already, the A4 is an excellent car and a good value. could the 1.8T use more umph, yes, but so could the 3.0 V6. but, comparing the A4 to the CL makes absolutely ZERO sense unless you're talking $$$ only. what the A4 lacks in power, the CL lacks in road handling ability. i like the CL for many things, balance and handling are not on this list.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
I like audi and all but i cant stand how all bmw and audi owners are so fuckin stuck up. My friend bought a 97 1.8t quattro with 60,000 miles, and all he can say is how great it is and how much better of a car it is than my 03cls6speed. That is complete bull. I would take my 03cl over that 97 audi anyday. Its been in an accident, needs a paint job bad, and the linkage is all fucked up, but for some reason he thinks he has the best car on the fuckin planet. I really like audis, but hes gettin on my nerves about this and his car isnt even that nice. If i wanted something that handles and drives better than a cls i would get the evo and stomp on all the damn a4s.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:50 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by amirsafdari
are u kidding me?

AWD is useless????? tell me that when your stuck in the snow....AWD saved my life 3 months ago when i got in an accident.

[/QUOTE\

I dont have anything against audi but you are saying how it saved your life in the snow, but you still ended up getting in an accident in the winter. It seems the quattro didnt save you from fucking up your car, but i just wanna know how you know you woulda died if it wasnt for the quattro. Im sure if you were in anything but an audi youd be dead, but since you were in an audi its the only reason you lived?? Comeon
Old 09-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

I have never driven a single Audi that has great handling. The A4 3.0 sport I drove was decent, but nothing compared to a 330i sport or G35. My friend has a 01 S4 manual and I was on his ass in the turns, but he would pull on me in the straights. This was in a 330i steptronic. When I took my Maxima last time, I was quite a bit faster than him.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:06 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
slightly off topic but I heard an article that said a lot of people with 4wd or awd tend to get into accidents because they assume their setup is immune to the elements. I believe the article was mostly about SUVs but I've heard and read about plenty of people who get into accidents in AWD/4WD or FWD in the snow/rain because of stupid shit they do.

RWD might be the safest since you can't go anywhere in the snow. j/k.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A friend at work has a red 1.8t A4. It sure is a nice car but i still wouldn't say his interior is nicer than mine.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

audi=pos...my boy had 1.8T Qud what a pain in ass that car was. every week some new problem. He got V6 EX accord.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by GoldieAlek
audi=pos...my boy had 1.8T Qud what a pain in ass that car was. every week some new problem. He got V6 EX accord.
That's being a little rough on the car, don't you think? One person had issues with a 1.8T and it's now a POS? Think of the number of trannies replaced on CL's on this site alone....would you call the CL a POS? I wouldn't.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by amirsafdari
are u kidding me?

my civic saved my life too!..

so if you were in a different car you would be dead?

this is toooooooo funny!!!!!!

btw, 1.8T sucks..... for the price the car is a joke! my best freind owns a 01 A4 and the four wheel drive sucks ass when you make a turn..also the electric system on those car is a peice of shit !.last but not least you ever notice the Audi's and the BMW's tailights are always fucked up some how one is always brighter than the other?..... comon bro who you kiding ! the 1.8T is junk! interior ummmmmmm they suck ass too .the only thing I like is the leather seats on those cars.... but yea A4 1.8t is :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:
Old 09-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Suzuka Master

:shakehd:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=110553

same shit, different month.

next...
Old 09-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Race Director

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brian6speed
are u kidding me?

[/QUOTE\

I dont have anything against audi but you are saying how it saved your life in the snow, but you still ended up getting in an accident in the winter. It seems the quattro didnt save you from fucking up your car, but i just wanna know how you know you woulda died if it wasnt for the quattro. Im sure if you were in anything but an audi youd be dead, but since you were in an audi its the only reason you lived?? Comeon

what are you talking about?

i did not get in an accident in the winter, some idiot hit me while he was doing 90miles/hour on the highway, right in the left quarter panel...a FWD/RWD car would have spun and lost control after the impact. The police/tow truck drivers could not BELIEVE that i did not lose control of my car and hit a median.

and its not about audi, its about AWD in a sedan.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Essarak Huot

btw, 1.8T sucks..... for the price the car is a joke! my best freind owns a 01 A4 and the four wheel drive sucks ass when you make a turn..also the electric system on those car is a peice of shit !.last but not least you ever notice the Audi's and the BMW's tailights are always fucked up some how one is always brighter than the other?..... comon bro who you kiding ! the 1.8T is junk! interior ummmmmmm they suck ass too .the only thing I like is the leather seats on those cars.... but yea A4 1.8t is :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:
you sound like 15 year old stupid kid, so im not gonna waste much time on arguing with you... heres the points:

01 A4 differs from 02+ a4

electric problems dont exist on newer models,

tail lights are not fucked, what you see is the FOG light on..idiot

junk?

read up you retard, i explained how it saved my life, and i dont appreciate you laughing at my experience...FYI the other person involved in the accident is hurt, and has not yet fully recovered, its no laughing matter, so how about you shut up.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Banned

you sound like 15 year old stupid kid, so im not gonna waste much time on arguing with you... heres the points:

01 A4 differs from 02+ a4

electric problems dont exist on newer models,

tail lights are not fucked, what you see is the FOG light on..idiot

junk?

read up you retard, i explained how it saved my life, and i dont appreciate you laughing at my experience...FYI the other person involved in the accident is hurt, and has not yet fully recovered, its no laughing matter, so how about you shut up.
Ass fuck ! I use to work at a Audi dealer , just so you know Im not a 15 year old kid! and if you open your fuckin eyes more often when you are behind a shitA4 you might come across the brightness in one taillight ever so often. And yes they still do have that electric problem that they can't figure out for years... so beat it... ( I know the fog's get bighter than the other at time you stupid shit.. the fog's in the Audi and other Euro's have patterns. just like the projector headlight....... BTW I don't give a shit about who got into an accident .... this is about the shit A4 topic not someone still in recovery... fuck ass, so fuck off!

Note! I can talk like a 15 year old if you want me to!

Old 09-22-2003, 01:00 PM
Yeehaw

Do you have down syndrome or something? This is the worst post in the history of the internet. My eight year old brother is more mature than you, and probably knows more about cars too.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Beetroot
Do you have down syndrome or something? This is the worst post in the history of the internet. My eight year old brother is more mature than you, and probably knows more about cars too.

dam! so your eight year old brother is smarter than you I guess

he might have down syndrome too like me
Old 09-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Race Director

Ass fuck ! I use to work at a Audi dealer , just so you know Im not a 15 year old kid! and if you open your fuckin eyes more often when you are behind a shitA4 you might come across the brightness in one taillight ever so often. And yes they still do have that electric problem that they can't figure out for years... so beat it... ( I know the fog's get bighter than the other at time you stupid shit.. the fog's in the Audi and other Euro's have patterns. just like the projector headlight....... BTW I don't give a shit about who got into an accident .... this is about the shit A4 topic not someone still in recovery... fuck ass, so fuck off!

Note! I can talk like a 15 year old if you want me to!

Your a pathetic liar.

You never worked for Audi, and if you did, you probably cleaned them....or probably cleaned the bottom of them.

You talk like a stupid fucking kid.

I'm positive you would not have an account on this forum if they had a skill testing question like 5+5..fucking reject.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeehaw

Essarak Huot you should hook up with apocalypsecl...I think the two of you would get along quite nicely.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

ass fuck...fuck ass, so fuck off! hahahahahaahahahahahahahahha
Old 09-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Beetroot
Essarak Huot you should hook up with apocalypsecl...I think the two of you would get along quite nicely.

thanks doc! any more stupid comments?

Old 09-22-2003, 01:33 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

audis drive great not as nice as a bme or benz but they are really nice at handling but are a little slow my mom has a 2.8 a6
Old 09-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Banned

Your a pathetic liar.

You never worked for Audi, and if you did, you probably cleaned them....or probably cleaned the bottom of them.

You talk like a stupid fucking kid.

I'm positive you would not have an account on this forum if they had a skill testing question like 5+5..fucking reject.

Dam I forgot you know everything..... now I never worked at a Audi dealer.... anything else you know about me?.. you dumb ass keep calling me a stupid kid? if Iam a 23 year old kid, then what the fuck are you ? a wise old fucking dick head? hey let me ask you something are you mad? huh.... you mad?????? cause I think this is funny... anyway I will end this childish talk here... so you can reply/quote... all you want but Iam done, and "hey you still mad?"....................
Old 09-22-2003, 02:41 PM
6SPDCLS

Uhh..GUYS, please get along! Jesus, if I were to cause any trouble between ya'll fellow members, I apologize..

I'm just very ecstatic to own a CLS6. Seriously, cause in this time of economy, i don't think I can afford higher priced cars with less value...and you cannot disagree that an A4 1.8T model selling for $32,000+ is a joke...quattro or none still, it's quite expensive for what you get..

And the ENGINE IS EVERYTHING..at least when you pay $32000 out the door, you'd expect to match at least an ACURA TLS in terms of performance. As for handling, you probably are right (the ones that have driven the car)..maybe it is better than the ACURA..but I don't see how when you are driving slow anyway...since that damn engine is underpowered for this model line. It is not comparing apples to oranges really because other than the 4 door on the 1.8T A4 and quattro and smaller wheelgap, damn...well...whatever you think...but in reality, money is what counts! TRUE, CLS' didn't sell at all and it's useless to compare the two because obviously A4's outsell ACURA CLS'...but in the end I still feel as though this Acura is really alot of bang for the buck...

AND I have sat in the A4..and the interior is NOT ALL THAT. It's OK...I do like the DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL..and that center cluster with LED info....but other than that, I wouldn't pay THAT MUCH FOR THE CAR..if the car was about $28,000, it's a good deal...$32,400+ is just way tooooo high especially for a 1.8T engine...

Well, that is just my honest take on this..sorry if you got offended somehow
Old 09-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
if the car was about $28,000, it's a good deal...$32,400+ is just way tooooo high especially for a 1.8T engine...
then prepare to own up and say the 1.8T is a good deal:
Cars Direct Pricing

You can get a base 1.8T w/Quattro for high $25K. Add in the premium package (for luxury), Xenon headlights...might as well throw in some rear side airbags, and you're sill just a shade over $28K (This is how I would have wanted an A4 configured). I intentionally left out the sport package, junk bose system, and premium wheels because it can be had for a much cheaper price aftermarket and with more customization choices.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:36 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by brian6speed

I agree with all that...! I was up in the mountains skiing last year...when a AWD SUV Expedition in front of me decided to pull out with AWD mighty...hahhahaha that fucker SPUN AROUND 540 and hit the ROAD K-Line block! ahhaha AWD ain't shit in snow...it's all about tire traction baby

Quick Reply: Omg, Audi A4 1.8t!!!!!!!!!!!!