No Wash Means No Wash!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
No Wash Means No Wash!!!!

Well Ed Voyles Acura finally pissed me off. I had such a good relationship with them which is why I kept going there. However this morning I took my TL in for routine service and I verbally told the guy NOT to wash the car but only vaccum the inside, he wrote it down on the sheet.

About an hour later I was told my car was ready and the tech went over everything that was done to the car. It even clearly had printed on the service sheet "Vaccum only; no wash". However when I get to my car, I see that it was washed. I took it out in the sun and low and behold. tiny scratches were on the car. I told the service manager and he did indeed see the "spider-webs", but told me that there was really nothing he could do about them. He said that if they buffed it, it may make it even worse. No apology, No nothing. All he told me was that the guy who checked my car in for service saw that the wheel were dirty and decided to have them pressured washed and in the process they must have thought to wash the car too. He he told me the only thing he could do was make a note in the system to say that I never want my car washed. Wow Thanks. This is not the same service Manager I worked with in the past. The previous service manager ended up giving me a free service without any question when I had an issue with them in the past. This new manager seems like he could give a f*ck.

I took my car over to this guy that I have do my teflon coating every year and it turned out that it is about time that I have the treatment again. Last time I had it done, it did a very good job of getting rid of the scratches.

Ed Voyles is the only Acura dealer near me besides Carland, and Carland really SUCKS. So I may still have to go to Voyles in the future which is why I am kind of apprehensive of making a big deal out of this incident because it would ruin the good relationship I already had with them. But I still feel the need to let them know that I am very dissatisfied, but not sure how to go about it.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:59 AM
on to the next one...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks...

I had waxed my car the day before my CL was in the shop last and the tech was going to wash it without asking me first, but he good enough to notice that it obviously didn't need it and that my paint was being well cared for, knowing the damage their car wash does...
Old 09-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Of all of the Acura dealers I have been to, Ed Voyles has been the best. Remember nobody is perfect but they seem to do good work.

Who was your service advisor, I use Jason. He always seems to be on top of things...
Old 09-25-2006, 10:31 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
this is a very trivial thing to threaten to leave a dealership over.

Esp. comming from a sucker that gets "teflon coating" put on his car once a year (you realize you are getting scammed w/ that correct?)

BTW, when I make a trip to the dealers, I don't trust them by simply telling them no wash. I have a big sign I keep in my glove box I pull out when getting service.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by I'm Batman
Of all of the Acura dealers I have been to, Ed Voyles has been the best. Remember nobody is perfect but they seem to do good work.

Who was your service advisor, I use Jason. He always seems to be on top of things...
Yep, I have Jason F. on my invoice too. He's not the guy who checked my car in though. Antonio checked my car in but I remember Antonio being a salesperson, I am not sure why he was in the service department this morning.

I never really paid attention to this, but is each customer assigned to a particular advisor? I think I remember having Jason the last time I went it as well, and if its the same guy, then yes Jason is pretty cool. He even jokingly asked what is up with us guys that don't want our cars washed, but he did as I asked and didn't wash the car. I wonder where he was this morning. Antonio had the car washed eventhough I asked him not to do it.

Originally Posted by CLpower
this is a very trivial thing to threaten to leave a dealership over.

Esp. comming from a sucker that gets "teflon coating" put on his car once a year (you realize you are getting scammed w/ that correct?)

BTW, when I make a trip to the dealers, I don't trust them by simply telling them no wash. I have a big sign I keep in my glove box I pull out when getting service.

The only reason I got the "teflon" coating in the first place was because I originally wanted to get the scratches off of my car last year. I do not feel comfortable buffing it myself becuase I cause more harm than good so a good friend of one of my neighbor's did my car last year for $50. It just happened to have "teflon" which I really didn't care about, because all I wanted was the scratches out of it. But you are right, I may have to resort to leaving a "note" in the car when I take it back to the dealer again to remind them I don't want my car washed.

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 09-25-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
good stuff, just in the future, when someone tells you something they are about to put on your car has "teflon" in it. Grab your keys and leaves asap
Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Bring It

The same thing has happened to me too. I'm taking my car in for service this week. I'm planning on putting a huge ass sign over my navi screen " DO NOT WASH"
Old 09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dezzzmond
The same thing has happened to me too. I'm taking my car in for service this week. I'm planning on putting a huge ass sign over my navi screen " DO NOT WASH"

You read my mind!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:30 PM
checkmate...

Originally Posted by bgsm1th
That sucks...

I had waxed my car the day before my CL was in the shop last and the tech was going to wash it without asking me first, but he good enough to notice that it obviously didn't need it and that my paint was being well cared for, knowing the damage their car wash does...
Yea, I wash my car the day before I have to bring it in. Also, I make friends with the actual technician working on my car. I don't really care about the service advisor.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive had great experience with ed voyles. Get some zaino, read up on how to buff your car. Its really not difficult and you wont take the paint off
Old 09-25-2006, 09:53 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u guys are picky...i wash my car with bleach and a brillow pad.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bkzjimmy
u guys are picky...i wash my car with bleach and a brillow pad.
Really? I thought you used soft scrub and steel wool.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Don't forget your Extra Strength Dawn Car Wash...
Old 09-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Pro

haha damn is it really that big of a deal....i always get the free wash its fucking free and i dont need to get my lazy ass off the couch!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Trojanman750
haha damn is it really that big of a deal....i always get the free wash its fucking free and i dont need to get my lazy ass off the couch!
the few times my car was at teh dealer i always let them wash it. Never came out with a scratch. Hell never got one from the car wash down the street either
Old 09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Yesterday I was driving by an Acura dealership and they were offering 10 minute carwash to anyone driving any sort of Honda automobile. I chuckled and drove past it.